Insomnia-2002
Amazon VideoApple TVfuboTVParamount+ Amazon ChannelParamount PlusShowtime Apple TV Channel
Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel

Ratings and reviews:

Insomnia

2002
Drama, Suspense/Thriller
Fails to reach its potential but it is still better than a lot of crime thrillers. Nolan's worst, easily.
Nolan's worst but that is still quite good.
Gripping and suspenseful, with two very good performances from Al Pacino and Robin Williams. The ending is a bit of a let-down, but not a complete one either.
If you're looking at it conceptually, frankly, I think Josh Hartnett got the short end of the stick.
Another great movie by one of Hollywood's best, Christopher Nolan. I was really into this movie, Al Pacino is awesome, but I think Williams is not the best choice for Dormer's opponent, cause he always has something friendly in his eyes. A thing that does not really fit. Despite some minor flaws "Insomnia" convinced absolutely
Between this and One Hour Photo - I think Robin Williams might just be wasted as a comedian.
Not Nolan's best work but still manages to keep your attention and it is all in all solid and interesting story with Pacino who is class as always. Also nice to see Williams "on the other side".
By FAR my least favorite Nolan feature (and probably not coincidentally his only one he didn't co-write), but it's still got some creepy highlights and and a stark, tense style - let's call it "Alaskan noir." The murder mystery story just isn't as interesting as Nolan's other films. Pacino's performance is okay; he mostly resists the urge to Pacino out on us, and Williams is interestingly cast.
A good (but never great) remake of Skjoldbjærg's Norwegian thriller (by far the better of the two).
For all the interest and mystery that is developed, this gathered mood is never investigated further upon. Talk about blue balls.
The Norwegian policier of a few years earlier, and of the same name, is resettled under the midnight sun of Alaska. Fair enough. (The icy moonscape of the opening aerial shots is no less otherworldly.) Pacino plays up the sleep deprivation for all it's worth, and a good deal more, looking as if he's trying to win a marathon staring contest and speaking in a come-and-go drawl that sounds less regional in origin than medical or medicinal.
The story, while morally complex, fails to engage. There are fine performances all around, also well crafted scenes, but at the end of the day two uncomfortable characters agree a little too quickly to help each other out, whilst not having quite enough cat and mouse play to elevate the story beyond the strictly average. Thus the movie never seems to twist for a second on its road to a very often visited end station.
Just a couple comments having lived in Alaska: 1) Nightmute is far enough south that it does get dark for a couple hours, even on the summer solstice, and 2) especially for that area there was a definite imbalance of the white/native ratio. Those didn't really make the movie worse, but I did notice them.
All 3 leads in this film do an excellent job with their role. The script is good, it has a lot of interesting scenes and moments. The story is told in a linear fashion unlike some Christopher Nolan films. Overall I would recommend this thriller.
Ok'ish. Didn't really engage me. Pacino & Williams were great though. Overall not a bad 'worst movie of your career'
I actually watched this movie while dealing with a bit of insomnia, and I gotta say, it helped! The movie really captures the feeling of sleeplessness and (as is to be expected by a Christopher Nolan film) puts you directly in the characters' point of view in a way that few other movies can.
Al Pacino'nun en sonda biraz rahat bırak uyuyayım şeklindeki sitemi küçük bir gülümseme bıraktı. Güzel Film
Everything is decent. Pacino's performance is pretty good but not great due to a lack of character depth. Robin Williams doesn't exactly have enough screen time for his performance to impress too much, even if it is one of his darker roles and played very well at that. I've seen it a couple of times, but it isn't all that memorable.
Nolan's only film not written by him or his brother and it feels distinct in this regard. The acting is subtle and, while slow, the story is intriguing and the cinematrogaphy is top notch. On the whole, the movie is quite good.
A intriguing and well-written thriller, it feels shallower than many of Nolan's other offerings. Robin Williams also seems perhaps a bit out of place in his role. But the movie otherwise seems to mostly achieve what it set out to do and be.
A tense, gripping and dramatic thriller with strong performances throughout.
Not quite Memento, but Pacino manages to avoid screaming his lines and Williams and Swank give excellent supporting performances. Some atmospheric cinematography and rather dark moments make it worth checking out.
Good but original was better.
Williams and Pacino together? Wait, it's a drama? Weird huh? AWESOME movie though, didn't think they could pull it off, but it was my favorite movie for a while.
Not as moody and eerie as the original, but other than that they're pretty much the same and about equally good. Robin Williams may never again be this adequate and tolerable.