2002
Johnny Knoxville and his crazy friends appear on the big screen for the very first time in Jackass: The Movie. They wander around Japan in panda outfits, wreak havoc on a once civilized golf court, they even do stunts involving LIVE alligators, and so on. While Johnny Knoxvile and his pals put their life at risk, they are entertaining people at the same time. Get ready for Jackass: The Movie!! (imdb)

2002

Rated 10 Feb 2008
You can't be serious.
Rated 10 Feb 2007
Now here's a guilty pleasure. These guys and their antics are unbelievably stupid and juvenile, but damn if they're not entertaining. Their enthusiasm and joviality is infectious, and even when they were doing something completely retarded, I couldn't help but bust out laughing. However, it was only funny when they were abusing themselves. The parts where they were being obnoxious and harassing innocent bystanders were considerably less amusing.
Rated 17 May 2008
One long episode of idiotic humor that I can only take in doses shorter than the previews for this movie.
Rated 10 Feb 2008
A new low.
Rated 18 Mar 2007
Needs a crowd to get the full effect, but man, juvenile and gross as it is, it makes me lose my shit. Especially Golf Course Air Horn and Roller Disco Truck.
I never cared for the show, but this, surprisingly, has some very funny moments. Unfortunately, there is also a fair share of scatalogical jokes that are just gross, not funny.
Rated 13 Jun 2021
Bam is such a bitch lol Fun to revisit this, can’t wait for the absolute nightmare that Jackass 4 will be.
Rated 19 Oct 2010
As a "movie" it's awful, but honestly I find most of the stunts they do pretty incredible/funny. I've never been that big into the pranks they do to freak out random people on the street, but the rest of it is pretty great. It was also a pretty great theater experience as the whole crowd got into it.
Rated 17 Dec 2006
It is a relentlessly stupid, profane, gross non-movie that contributes nothing to society or film. [Whispers] And I laughed so hard I nearly puked.
Rated 13 Feb 2019
I was a teenage boy in high school when this film was released. It should be no surprise that I am a huge fan. I have seen this way too much.
Rated 04 Feb 2008
Like watching a longer, more boring episode of the MTV show.
Rated 11 Feb 2007
The plus side of watching idiots be idiots is the inevitable confidence boost. The downside: the multiple images burned forever in my mind.
Rated 03 Nov 2012
Pretty gross. Pretty crazy. Pretty damn stupid. I couldn't stop laughing. These guys are hilarious!
Rated 13 Jul 2009
Really stupid, but just about entertaining.
Rated 22 Sep 2018
This might be gross-out comedy but it is really well executed gross-out comedy. The cast are having fun and with something like this, that makes it much more enjoyable.
Rated 03 Jun 2010
The blatant idiocy may be humorous for awhile but it quickly wears off and becomes redundant. I can only watch someone idiotically hurt themselves for so long before losing interest, even if the stunts are humorous at times. I think I'd rather watch a movie like this in a series of youtube videos than a full length film, but then again, that wasn't really an option back in the day.
Rated 29 Apr 2009
Silly, stupid, base, sure, but at least they don't lie about it. The key to Jackass's success isn't just the extreme stunts or the frat boy humor, it's the fact that the jackasses behind it are legitimately funny guys who know what type of humor they're going for and how to make it entertaining. The banter between them is sometimes as funnier than the skit itself.
Rated 25 May 2011
While it may not score big on points for being a 'well-made' movie, it gets a whole pile for being entertaining. I might even argue that these guys doing stupid stuff is close to if not the lowest form of humor, but it doesn't matter. A must see if you want a good cheap laugh at someone else's expense.
Yes, they're the downfall of humanity, culture, and all that, but this movie is still fucking funny.
I will never understand why I find Jackass funny.
Rated 05 Oct 2015
No film has been so affected by time as quickly as this. The internet has downgraded Jackass into childs play.
Rated 08 Sep 2020
Assembled more like a Youtube collage of black-out skits than a real movie, this may have worked better without the enthusiastic cackling from fellow cast members, which make the oftimes elaborately staged stunts feel like too much of a hard-sell. Too often feels like you are the only sober person at a drunken frat party; the occasional chuckles actually come more often during the quieter, slap-sticky moments (the ripped-pants reveal and golf-course air horn work the best in this regard).
Rated 15 Apr 2008
Awful, disgusting and ridiculous. But I laughed completely.
Rated 24 Feb 2007
Brilliant writing and actors:not necessary. Try catching your breath in this movie. You can't youll be laughing too hard. And the second one only gets funnier.
Rated 18 Jun 2009
Idiots hurting themselves repeatedly for 2 hours, but some of it is pretty hilarious.
Rated 06 Jun 2008
Yeah it's funny, I guess, but it's just like a Jackass Mixtape Uncensored. The best part is the epilogue, Son of Jackass, where the guys are all elderly and are attacked by lions.
Rated 29 Oct 2007
I'm not really a fan of the Jackass series.
Rated 19 Jul 2011
There's a good chance you'll be laughing hysterically at one stunt, but getting grossed out by the next one in this big screen version of the controversial MTV show.
Rated 10 Jul 2008
A nice guilty pleasure movie, but don't kid yourself: crocodile biting a guys nipple belongs on late night TV, not the big screen.
Rated 25 Jul 2007
I never knew such dumb comedy could be so brilliant
Rated 07 Sep 2010
Who said a bunch of brain-dead jocks/skaters/dropouts couldn't understand the appealing subtleties of schadenfreude? Oh wait, no, they're just a bunch of brain-dead jocks/skaters/dropouts.
It was 90 minutes of Jackass stunts... what more is there to say?
Rated 26 Nov 2010
I laughed pretty hard a few times, especially near the beginning, but this movie wears out its welcome pretty quickly as the participants spend most of the movie harassing strangers with petty vandalism and douchebaggery. By the end I just wanted someone to give them the beating they deserve.
Rated 09 Sep 2008
shit makes me laugh, what else can I say...
Rated 03 Jun 2008
yeah, i quite like toilet humor
Rated 09 Jun 2007
I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh but it's sad that these imbeciles have careers by being stupid and injuring themselves.
Rated 23 Oct 2008
so stupid
these guys rule
I don't mind seeing other people put firecrackers up their butts.
Rated 25 Sep 2010
So stupid and classless but still funny. If you like the show you will like this.
Rated 08 Aug 2009
You laugh and you kinda hate yourself but then you laugh again anyway. It’s definitely better when they’re doing it to themselves as opposed to like actively bothering people
Rated 19 Aug 2009
Completely retarded and so hard to turn away from, it is like a train wreck: you have to watch.
The slapstick only stays funny for so long. I give the crew props for going through what they go through, I just wish they'd be a little less repetitive about it.
Rated 11 Mar 2016
rvw. a lot like the show. a good finale
Rated 20 Feb 2007
The hardest and most I have ever laughed in my life was in the theater watching this with a packed house. People were walking out in disgust and others were cheering. Surprisingly enough it was still funny when I watched it again on DVD.
Man, despite not having a narrative, this glorified clip show actually delivers what it promises - for whatever that's worth.
Guilty laughter is the best laughter. I cheated though. I watched it on tv so I didn't have to look at balls for two hours.
Rated 29 Jan 2009
ya know...they have a warning at the intro tellin you not to reinact the stunts but somehow that just isnt enough to stop and my pain-junkie friends and i from doing it lol
Good film.
Rated 30 Dec 2012
it was funny, at the time
Rated 05 Dec 2016
I have a theory that entertainment based on stunts only work if you like the people performing them. This theory exists because of this movie, since I kind of hate everyone on screen and think they're just needlessly mean, but I have liked other fairly stunt heavy entertainment like Top Gear and stuff.
My kind of humour.
Rated 03 Sep 2009
If you loved the TV show, you would love this movie. It is basically just an extended episode. This movie is definitely geared to reminiscent pranksters and those of us who love to watch people do stupid things. The cameras follow this group of boys(mostly adult males) as they go about taking part in many delinquencies that normal people would never think or ever want to do. A highly entertaining movie for those of us who are true rebels at heart.
Rated 17 Jun 2009
worth it for henry rollins...
Rated 08 Jun 2007
Funny for what it was.
Rated 17 Feb 2009
It's great and hilarious.
Rated 18 Feb 2008
How are these guys still alive?
Rated 06 Jan 2009
Look at how cool we are! We do "stunts" that normal everyday people don't! Do you like us yet? =[
i'm sorry, but this movie is worth watching for just the gag where they're blowing the airhorn at golfers. gold!
a must watch just on the sheer stupidity of it
Rated 04 Apr 2007
These guys perform utterly ridiculous, mind-numbingly stupid stuff so WE don't have to. Have to give them something for that.
Rated 14 Oct 2009
i'll get ripped for ranking this so high but my god is this film funny...
Rated 16 Jun 2012
Funny
Rated 25 Nov 2007
It isn't high art, but it succeeds at its goal of being very, very funny.
Rated 17 Mar 2024
Not sure it possesses all of the necessary elements to count as an actual 'film', but who am I, and it is very funny in parts.
Rated 11 Jun 2007
Watching it made me physically sick.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
I remember laughing a lot when I saw this. Still, gets old kinda quick.
Rated 05 Feb 2008
Somehow worse than the TV-show. Where'd they spend their budget?
Rated 21 Jun 2010
To each his own, people. To me, Jackass: the movie floats my boat.
Rated 26 Jul 2008
What can you really say about this movie? Either you like people making jackasses of themselves for money or not. I did enjoy it.
Rated 10 Jan 2024
rancid
I prefered the short clips on MTV. Why make a movie, when there's not much to show or say?
Rated 01 Jan 2009
Wild stunts, crazy pranks, plenty of disgusting antics and lots of laughs. If you enjoyed the television show, there's no reason why you wouldn't love the movie.
Rated 08 Aug 2013
I hate myself for enjoying this as much as i did. As much as I value wordplay and wit in my comedy, I guess there's something to be said about a gator eating chicken out of a guy's butt.
Rated 03 Feb 2011
mondless generic fun
Rated 19 Jun 2012
Infinitely and "infantilely" funny.
Rated 30 Sep 2022
I used to watch this as a kid and I remembered that it was way funnier. Maybe it just didn't age well at all. Some good moments but many bad ones too.
Rated 17 Sep 2008
Boring
Rated 02 Jan 2008
Um...obviously, you have to like this stuff. This is -not- a "Real" 82.
Rated 20 Nov 2010
The ultimate critic-proof movie. Those who love the TV show will also love the fact that these guys can swear and be as gross as they wanna be, and indulge in even bigger, dumber, if not always more elaborate stunts. Those who think the whole thing is stupid and childish will continue to think so. Watch it to bring out your inner 12-year-old with ADHD.
Rated 12 Sep 2007
Some of the stunts just make you wince, anticipating the pain. Others are just unbelievably gross. I will never forget the toilet showroom scene!
Rated 12 Feb 2010
Makes no apologies about appealing to the lowest common denominator. This is proof that you can get famous by doing just about anything on film or tv. With that being said it is funny at times.
Rated 06 Feb 2022
More so than any of the other Jackass films it manages to actually nail the feel of doing stupid things with your friends. The somewhat mean spirited, but in the end loving portrayal of male friendship, especially young men.
One of my shameful secrets. I actually enjoyed this movie. It's not good like a conventional movie, but the immature humor had me cracking up.
A little too much even for my tastes.
Rated 24 Aug 2013
Rated 26 May 2007
It's too bad this made it big instead of CKY.
HURRRRRRRR
Rated 19 Oct 2010
"For fans of MTV's now defunct "Jackass" series, the best thing that can be said about Jackass: The Movie is that it offers more of the same but with an NC-17 twist." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 09 Jul 2021
Dumb fun, some parts were very funny like the toy car bit.
Rated 27 Oct 2008
When high.
Rated 02 Jul 2009
Stupid but just plain hilarious. Definitely a guilty pleasure.
Gross, idiotic, dangerous, fun.
Rated 16 May 2009
This is another movie I don't know why I went to see it. The TV show was okay at times, but a whole movie dedicated to Johnny Knoxville and his group was stupid.
Rated 11 Nov 2020
B+
Rated 27 Jun 2009
Overall Enjoyment: 30/40, Plot/Themes: 0/20, Cinematography/Direction: 5/20, Acting/Writing: 5/20
The tv show only more nudity.
Rated 17 Dec 2006
Utterly forgettable
Rated 29 May 2007
Guys doing silly things... need I say anymore? It isn't going to win an Oscar but if you go into this movie you get what you expect!
More extreme than the TV show, this is Jackass at it's best.