Jason Bourne
Jason-Bourne

Jason Bourne

2016
Suspense/Thriller, Action
Jason Bourne, now remembering who he truly is, tries to uncover hidden truths about his past. (imdb)
Franchise: Bourne
We weren't able to find any streaming offers for Jason Bourne

The Bourne Redundancy
Matt Damon is good but the story has run its course I think. I can't watch another scene involving enhanced images or computers going beep beep boop. Also Alpha and Bravo teams need to up their game. Those guys got their asses handed to them yet again.
a real editing nightmare, featuring really serious looking people walking really fast all across the globe. actors in greengrass' movies seem to get paid per mile, no one stands still in this. ever. complemented by a strictly by the numbers-script, this is getting old, just like its protagonists. speaking of which, how do they get people like tommy lee jones to sign up for this? oh, right... money. the prime source of motivation in filmmaking these days.
Not as bad as I thought it would be, but it is woefully unnecessary and you can definitely tell the writing quality dropped a bit after author Ludlum passed away. Alicia Vikander was the best performer and character here, but everyone else is still solid and I loved Vincent Cassel. Greengrass manages to direct all of the action (which is still incredible) with ease. The editing isn't nearly as bad as others led me to believe. Revisiting the character was fun, but I'll stick with the trilogy.
Close-ups, shaky-cam and overlong chases are back with a vengeance equaling Bourne himself, pleasing no-one. The first act is way off, with lots of 0% plausible and 100% contrived computer mumbo jumbo setup. The middle is a bit of a bore (Bourne himself seems to agree). The final act really packs a punch though, and it redeems the film pretty well. It's a slow burner - once it sinks its teeth in it's pretty satisfying. But I'm not sure I would recommend it, or that I even like this franchise.

20 Collections including 9 Collaborative and 11 Public