2008
Sci-fi
A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between "Jumpers" and those who have sworn to kill them. (imdb)

2008
Sci-fi

Rated 06 Apr 2010
How could they get such a fun premise this wrong? The romance is dull and Christensen as lead certainly is an albatross for any movie, but even that could have been overcome. What truly sinks this is the idealogical bent of the antagonists. Instead of mining the societal implications of Jumpers and their potential positives, we get - God say bad, we kill. As Spunkie noted - check out "Tiger! Tiger!" by Bester.
Rated 20 Mar 2008
Jumper has a great premise, but ultimately fails to execute any of these aspects properly. The plotline is convulted and uninvolving, relying on CGI effects to create any kind of momentum leaving the poor acting of Christensen and bad script bare for all to see. The complete lack of any kind of explanation as to the heritage of Jumpers and Paladins was a great missed opportunity and leaves numerous plot-holes. Bell is the only redeeming aspect, putting in by far the best performance of the film.
Rated 12 Jun 2008
It has great special effects, great action scenes, a great premise that leaves just enough unexplained to maintain an intriging air of mystery instead of explaining everything. The fictional "jumping rules" are established well. With that said the movie itself just feels incomplete or rather interesting part of the film, Samnuel L. Jackson's character, is incomplete. The teen romance part is complete but honestly it sucks so you really don't care. Bottom line? See if for the special effects.
Rated 13 Jun 2008
The premise was good, they have built a f***ing garbage over it unfortunately! But it can be seen in a non-serious, just-for-fun way with friends in an uneventful evening. It have some funny moments like one on the top of sfenks.
Rated 13 Mar 2008
When I heard about the movie "Tiger, tiger" by Alfred Bester came to my mind. Jumper is so thin in every aspect that there is not much to argue, if you're in the mood fire&forget. Though it doesn't stop long to explain messy storyline fortunately, so if you can bear the major bullshit you may enjoy the series of fine jump effects.
Rated 12 Jul 2008
This could have been soo much more. The action scenes are pretty good, but feels like a puzzle was put together in a rush.
Rated 26 Jul 2008
The premise is actually pretty interesting, but it just falls short and ends up being a train wreck.
Rated 15 Feb 2008
Probably the WORST movie I've ever seen. Weak storyline that jumped (no pun intended) all over the place. BOOORRRIIINNNNGGG.
Rated 17 Feb 2008
"Jumper" has a clever idea that it fails to explore. The characters are a bit bland, the plot is too silly (it wants to be a comic-book movie, but it's not), but, like a ridiculous Michael Bay film, the action is plenty fun and over-the-top. With a more serious take and less stupid side-plots about mothers being jumper-hunters, and secret factions of existing jumper-hunters wanting to kill the jumpers for no reason, oh and if people would notice these teleporters- it could've been great.
Rated 07 Jul 2011
Yuk. It was so unintrusive I almost forgot I was watching a film a few times. No real characters, an undeveloped and rushed plot, just a pointless, needless waste of 86 minutes. A good idea too, might read the novel because the premise is interesting, the execution is woeful.
Rated 10 Mar 2008
the idea is interesting, but the film doesn't really use that potential right. jamie bell is probably the only thing that works. the best parts of the film, the best action and the best humor, all include him...
Rated 18 Mar 2008
It just didn't do it for me really. Didn't finish. had no depth. Could have been done really well but just didn't get there
Rated 20 Mar 2008
You know, its fairly generic, and Hayden Christensen is a godawful actor, but this movie has two saving graces (and Samuel L Jackson isn't one of them, he sucks here). 1: the concept of being able to teleport is just so fucking cool, and they have a lot of fun with it. A lot of the movie is just him having fun teleporting everywhere, and its shallow but enjoyable. 2: Jamie Bell's character fucking rocks the shit. This would have been an awesome movie if it were about him instead of Hayden.
Rated 11 Jun 2011
Fuck this movie.
Rated 01 Feb 2012
Samuel L. Jackson beats Nic Cage in the worst haircut category! And Hayden Christensen still can't act...
Rated 20 Jul 2008
Now if someone had thought to merge the scripts from 'Jumper' and 'Wanted' ... we might have had something to talk about
Rated 30 Oct 2021
the glaring plotholes, awful script and terrible acting is almost the worst ive scene. and i hate evn more because of how simpy this story is. the amin charachter overtakes avatar as the biggest simp in history. the potential was great, but they make a film about a simp and how much of a tosser he is to everyone who knew him and helped onece, and then he goes and leeches like a parasite off there generosity.
Rated 08 Sep 2008
Not worthy of actual hatred, but sadly distant from good. The advertising should have focused less on the showy cinematography and more on the fact that this is a movie about teens with teen logic. There are no appealing characters, and the "surprise" villain is almost intolerably caffeinated and abrasive. One female character is a liar, and the other is naive and easily pushed around. Hope you enjoy the one special effect the film uses; it's about all it has going once you've seen the trailer.
Rated 28 Sep 2008
There is so much potential here for a fun and somewhat intelligent story here, but the choice seems to have been to make things as dumb and fast paced as possible. It's not terrible, but all the interesting plot points are glossed over in favor of flashy stunts and a short runtime.
Rated 05 Nov 2008
A premise with great potential, poorly executed.
Rated 13 Nov 2008
Fresh idea, the whole execution stayed way below its potential, though. Hayden Christensen's performance was painful to watch.
Rated 18 Dec 2011
It's predictable, poorly written, and poorly performed, particuarly by the useless Bilson and Christensen. I didn't outright hate it and I've certainly seen worse, but found its stupidity irritating.
Rated 15 Jan 2020
It's weird that a movie where the central premise is people who can jump from place to place could have benefitted the most from being less jumpy. The concept is cool but very rushed. The performances are mediocre including all the veteran actors I expected more from. Run of the mill sci Fi film that doesn't explain the lore and yet somehow expects to want audience's to understand what is happening.
Rated 05 Apr 2009
Before I jump on the band wagon (no pun intended) of hate-filled reviews, I would like preface it by saying that this film did actually have a lot of potential. Okay, catch that? Good. Now onto the review: It Sucked.
Rated 30 May 2018
This is a film that is somewhat polarizing, when it first came out there were so many negative reviews. It is nice to see that it now has a respectable score on Imdb. It is an interesting flick that has different tech. that the average movie in its style. The jumping sequences are really well done and the acting is just fine.
Rated 15 Feb 2008
Hayden Christianson continues to prove that anyone can be an "actor".
Rated 16 Feb 2008
Really disappointing. The fights were amazing, and the effects were seamless but it suffered greatly from its bland characters.
Rated 17 Feb 2008
What can you expect by a movie starring Hayden Christensen? Bad acting; check. Bad writing; check. Stupid story; check. Hmm, yea, that about covers Jumper for the most part. It's a cliche action movie with a terrible story, ridiculously awkward writing and overacting, and a terrible feel that makes it ultimately boring. Jumper sucks and do yourself a favor by skipping this movie.
Rated 12 Aug 2013
Jumper is all over the place. the plot doesn't make sense, character development is non-existent, as well as the acting is...well....yeah.
Rated 09 Sep 2010
#08#, hype, story, (casting).
Rated 24 Aug 2009
Silly movie with a somewhat confusing plot and very poor acting
Rated 19 Feb 2008
This movie really does stink. There isn't much of a story line to speak of. Why are these people fighting? Why can't haden act? Why the disjointed plot? Why doesn't it bother some people when the characters bamf in and out, and others it seems to freak out totally. Stinks.
Rated 19 Feb 2008
Fun movie to watch, without a lot of substance. The ending was inexplicably vague (probably because they hope to continue the story with a sequel).
Rated 20 Feb 2008
The writing and acting in this are the bottom of the barrel. Absolutely no basis of the story behind the war or why certain things happen... just a series of awkward conversations followed by mediocre uses of the really cool power they have. Samuel L is good, I guess, but certainly cannot save this film from winning a razzie.
Rated 22 Feb 2008
As action adventure goes, this one was okay, with a little different premise. However, there is no ending - I guess they ran out of money. Oh, and Rachel Bilson; not that hot.
Rated 25 Jul 2013
Wish fulfillment for 13-year-olds. Bad writing, bad acting, bad action, bad film.
Rated 22 Aug 2010
Just decent entertainment, but what excels is definitely the soundtrack: extremely catchy for an extremely dull movie in the end. I might even say that it was the soundtrack only that made me want to watch this all the way to the end.
Rated 14 Sep 2009
I can't Wait For the Second Part .
Rated 08 Mar 2008
08 Mart 08, flyinn seans 15:30.abimle & bence iyi bir aksiyon-bilimkurgu filmi.herkesin hayalini kurdugu seyin, sinemaya uyarlanmis hali.yani zekice bir fikir olarak dusunulemez fakat gorsel efekt - aksiyon olarak doyurucu fakat senaryoda sorun var: karakterlerin derinlemesine islendigini dusunmuyorum ve oyunculuklar alt seviyede.samuel jackson berbat.hayden christensen'de berbat.tek iyi oyunculugu jamie bell sergilemis.kisaca eglencelik bir bilimkurgu-aksiyon filmi, fazlasi degil.
Rated 13 Mar 2008
really not terrible. entertaining concept.
Rated 12 Jan 2014
It's not woolly
Rated 01 Oct 2011
pathetic...
Rated 22 Sep 2010
Buena, para pasar el rato; en especial porque es muy rápida y no da tiempo para aburrirse
Rated 26 Mar 2008
interesting story, not so interesting acting and the end was too open to interest me in a sequel
Rated 28 Mar 2008
Quite good action and visual effects. Christensen acted as ussual - nothing special, same expressions. Good idea, but the potetial stayed unused. Ending was just bad.
Rated 30 Nov 2012
Jumper not only makes the rules up as it goes along; it neglects to tell us what those rules are, which is both unfair and unfun.
Rated 29 Dec 2014
The story was bland, the characters undeveloped and the ending horrible. Something a twelve year old might still enjoy, but that says it all.
Rated 26 Oct 2011
"The lazy regard for David's moral crisis, or lack thereof, is pitiful." - Jeremiah Kipp
Rated 11 Apr 2008
There were a lot of things I thought I would enjoy about this movie: Rachel Bilson, Sam Jackson, teleportation, cool sets, and maybe even a fun story. Somehow, the film took all of those things and made me hate them.
Rated 13 Apr 2008
Better-thought-out movies than this one would be killed by this movie's primary flaw: a boring and conscience-impaired "hero". He's pretty stupid, too. Skenkere's comment that this movie should have been about Jamie Bell's character instead really hit the nail on the head. It probably wouldn't have been a good movie anyway, though; among other reasons, because it's so badly paced
Rated 13 Apr 2008
They forgot to include the plot, characterization, and dialog
Rated 22 Feb 2024
"Jumper" presents a captivating concept where a teenager acquires a superpower, yet the narrative execution falls short, leaning heavily on the action sequences to showcase the hero's abilities. This film exemplifies potential unfulfilled, primarily due to its overreliance on CGI effects instead of developing a compelling story.
Rated 14 Nov 2012
I was glad that Jumper was only 88 minutes. If it happened to be longer, I probably would have lost interest due to the poor plotting, underdeveloped characters, lackluster action scenes and cardboard lead actors. It's a superhero film that has based its success on whether or not a sequel will be made, and the chances of that seem slim to none. It takes us on an impressive visual tour, showing us many sights all over the world, but when you look past the visuals, there's nothing underneath.
Rated 22 May 2011
Rated 26 May 2008
Have a good idea, bad it does convinces me. To the young actors lack charisma.
Rated 28 May 2008
A good idea that is wasted by a silly plot.
Rated 01 Jun 2008
This is a movie that takes the plot and shits all over it. It sucks, action is horrible, the plot is crap. Really I cannot think of one good thing to say about this movie.
Rated 04 May 2011
Not a bad one. Some action, some sci-fi, all decent stuff. The drama was alright.
Rated 24 Feb 2010
Poor excuse for a superhero movie. Watch "Ironman" instead.
Rated 20 May 2016
A poor script, but a very entertaining film. Had the romance been cut and the premise been more of a Thriller, this would’ve probably been pretty solid. Still worth seeing if you can turn your brain off.
Rated 18 Jun 2008
Man, this movie could have been so much better.
Rated 23 Jun 2008
A marginally good sci-fi movie. It passes for a decent popcorn flick, but is ultimately unfulfilling.
Rated 23 Jun 2008
Decent special effects and performances, but at heart, it is just meant to be a popcorn flick and nothing more. It does try to do too much in the short length and it takes the predictable route for the main character when it could've made a truly original and intriguing protagonist.
Rated 16 Feb 2024
A terrible premise totally squandered by the blandest of villains. Could’ve been good, but it’s not. Fun seeing Kristen Scott opposite Hayden Christensen for a classic hello moment.
Rated 05 Oct 2012
There might be a spark of a good premise in here, but the execution is terrible. Jackson calls it in as the bad guy whose sole motivation is 'being the bad guy'. Christensen gives another wooden performance, and the plot jumps all over the place more often than the characters.
Rated 09 Apr 2011
Not interesting. Score based on partial viewing.
Rated 11 Feb 2010
Samuel L. Jackson is here with a rather pedestrian role as the "badass" villain and the completely wooden Hayden Christenson trying to revive his career with this mtv style sci-fi borefest. The special effects are the only highlight and look interesting at times but otherwise it's a completely uninspired "superhero" movie.
Rated 04 Jul 2009
Mediocre and uninspired but not entirely unwatchable.
Rated 08 Jul 2008
My inner dialog after watching on DVD: "That premise is so good! I have to go back and watch the part where... Hmm. OK, so there's not a single scene that's worth watching again, even when the DVD is already in the player."
Rated 10 Jul 2008
It's pretty bad. It actually has a pretty interesting premise (Christensen's character, and a handful of others, can teleport to any location in the world that they have already been to) -- but the script is just terrible. Bad dialogue, gaping plot holes, characters who behave in nonsensical ways, and a terrible ending. The acting is bad. Even Jackson is lousy. The effects are okay, but mostly used as an excuse to shoot on location. Bell is funny, but it's so bad...
Rated 09 Jul 2022
Hayden Christensen's character was not really likeable in any way. He was selfish and only used his power for materialism and slacking off. He made only stupid, bad decisions, then even after he found out that people close to him would be put in danger he went ahead and made contact with those people which put them in danger. I couldn't root for him since he did everything wrong and nothing right. His character didn't even have a good personality. He was just awkward and quiet.
Rated 20 Oct 2014
Decent action movie ridden with wooden acting and angsty teenage drama.
Rated 29 Jan 2010
Uncreative and bland. Hollywood loves special effects/CGI a little too much.
Rated 01 Jul 2009
Of course this gets the Samuel bump but is still a weak film. It has all the makings of being a classic sci fi thriller. The casting was just a little bit off. Sometimes great movie makers make wrong decisions and we get Jumper and sometimes they strike gold and we get something more and better. Making us connect with the charchters and drawing us into the movie.
Rated 27 Jul 2008
5- worth experiencing, alright
Rated 17 Aug 2008
I'd like to give a good explanation why I gave it such a bad grade, but screw it, this was a mess.
Rated 23 Oct 2011
Decent effects, but crappy acting across the board. Shallow characters and a poorly written script don't help, either.
Rated 06 Dec 2015
C+
Rated 02 Oct 2008
After fighting the urge to see this, I relented and bought the DVD. it wasn't worth it
Rated 03 Oct 2008
Shit with a sugar coating. Tastes good if you don't think about what's inside.
Rated 06 Oct 2008
Below decent action flick. Watch if you don't have anything better to do. Looks nice though.
Rated 10 Aug 2020
Hayden Christensen has finally found material perfectly suited to him.
Rated 07 Jan 2015
What if you lived in a future where nothing was interesting or cool? Jumper is a film brave enough to ask such a question
Rated 01 Jul 2009
It's one of those movies that I find myself watching when it's on cable but I don't go out of my way to see it. Good CG
Rated 16 Dec 2008
Bad movie. Had potential but just couldn't take itself seriously. Grade: C-
Rated 18 Dec 2008
This was kinda a fun actiony sort of movie.
Rated 18 Dec 2008
It's like someone thought that emo kids didn't have enough action flicks aimed at their demographic and as such, Jumper was born.
Rated 09 Mar 2020
a very bad movie that has the rare and intriguing quality found in so few other bad movies. instead of asking "why is this so bad," I found myself asking "why isn't this better?" the concept is cool, the world is fun, Samuel L. Jackson has blonde hair. Doug Liman directed the Bourne Identity and Edge of Tomorrow, two of the iconic action movies of the past two decades. I expected studio meddling but that appears not to be the case. so what happened? *sees written by credits* ah that explains it
Rated 20 Mar 2012
Hot garbage
Rated 10 Jan 2011
Liman's movie candy is philistine, banal and lacks surrealist thrill. His sci-fi, quasi-political allegory is like an X-Men or Hulk narrative told from the ass end.
Rated 06 Oct 2009
I watched this on a plane and began wishing I could 'jump' so I could avoid future 9 hour plane journeys watching awful movies like this. When Hayden Christensen's acting is the least of your concerns you better be questioning whether or not you want to release your movie.
Rated 15 Jan 2009
Garbage
Rated 18 Jan 2009
Real good fun movie.
Rated 18 Jan 2009
This sucks. I wonder how they managed to get S. Jackson into that.
Rated 14 Mar 2012
lol, this piece of shit
Rated 07 Jan 2011
Rated 11 Mar 2016
Hey that's an interesting concept you got there, I like it, I think it can work. But from here on out everything we do to advance this film project will have to involve a big streaming dump.
Rated 06 Jan 2011
good fun.
Rated 08 Apr 2009
What a mess! Another interesting premise ruined by the introduction of Samuel L. Jackson. (I'm just kidding - he was only one of many terrible elements in this stinker.)
Rated 19 Apr 2009