2001
Sci-fi
Prot is a patient at a mental hospital who claims to be from a far away planet. His psychiatrist tries to help him, only to begin to doubt his own explanations. (imdb)

2001
Sci-fi

Rated 30 Aug 2007
It is a rip-off of "Hombre mirando al sudeste" (Man looking to the south east), an Argentinean movie made ten years earlier (and without paying copyright)
Rated 08 Dec 2006
Another feel-good piece of tripe about an alien who shows us that the delicately mentally disabled appreciate life better than us. This is the type of movie that pisses off Osama Bin Laden and makes him give his soldiers flying lessons.
Rated 04 Feb 2013
It's a fascinating blend of genres, Traveling Angel and Psychiatric Detective story, and it does a great job of teasing our curiosity to keep us involved in a story where (to be honest) very little ever actually happens. At first I was put off by the representation of psychiatric patients as heart-warmingly zany people, but the film does balance this eventually by showing us the full horror of human experience. Watching it on TV I enjoyed it, but I've no real need to watch it again.
Rated 04 Dec 2017
It's a pretty harmless little "Is he REALLY a alien or just a weird dude??? I dunno, but I bet he's gonna teach us aaaalllll a valuable wholesome lesson and brighten our lives for the short time he's with us" story.
Honestly the movie itself isn't anything better than average but Kevin Spacey does an amazing job of someone who isn't bad or insane just not normal. I found his performance made the movie quite entertaining and worth a watch.
Poorly written and cliché-ridden.
Oh fuck you, Kevin Spacey!
Rated 28 Jun 2008
books are much better
Rated 12 Jun 2024
Oh, how we have missed Kevin Spacey!. K-Pax is a great little film, that makes you think a bit, as opposed to the mindless Marvel CGI-fests which dominate our screens these days. Whether Prot is an alien, inhabiting a catatonic body, or whether he is as human as you or I, well, you wont find the answer in this film ... it is entirely in your imagination, and thats where I like it. Bridges and Spacey are two of my favourite actors, and they are perfect in this film.
Rated 14 Oct 2008
Silly. Starts off with some promise but is pretty dull.
Rated 22 Aug 2009
It's a little cliché, but I have to say I do enjoy this movie. I'm an absolute sucker for a bit of sci-fi and astronomy, and "K-Pax" gives a little dose of both. The performances are serviceable, with both Bridges and Spacey very solid, and although some of the secondary characters are seriously underdeveloped, there is lots here to enjoy.
Rated 23 Jan 2007
Won't hurt you but...
Rated 23 Jan 2007
Nice but little bit boring.
Rated 24 Feb 2007
Very good film.
Rated 25 Mar 2007
It was better than alright. I wasn't always that attentive to the film, and it slowed down at times, but it delivered where it needed to. Really feels like a low-budget movie from a small studio.
Rated 04 Apr 2007
Intelligent, but almost ostentatious in terms of both style and substance. There are a lot of interesting techniques used, but it feels like they're only there to show off. Nonetheless, the movie is still interesting, sympathetic, and you'll want to finish it. Kevin Spacey is incapable of giving a bad performance.
Rated 26 May 2007
Decent.
Rated 12 Jul 2007
Strange. But Spacey pulls it off.
Rated 04 Aug 2007
One of the few films I have walked out on in the cinema. Kevin Spacey: is he an alien, or is he just a mental? And now I will never know.
Rated 07 Aug 2007
Whatever with this movie.
Sweet.
Though it's relatively unknown, it's good for an intellectual drama.
Decent but a disapointing ending.
Rated 08 Oct 2017
Un film originale, sempre in bilico fra reale e fantastico. Molto coinvolgente anche per l'intepretazione magistrale di Kevin Spacey
A thought provoking movie about delusion and reality, anchored by a typically strong performance by Spacey.
Really well done film, great acting, good message.
Spacey was Great.....
Interesting point of view. Spacey rocks. Bridges too.
Kind of silly. I love Spacey, and Bridges is usually better. This movie just went nowhere, though.
Makes me question other unstable individuals. Shows that hope is a healer.
Actually this isn't too bad
Totally recommended - based on good books too. However, I would probably watch Spacey click his fingers for an hour and a half and rate the film in my top ten...
For once I think the movie is better than the book.
Two of my favorite actors stink in this flick.
K-PAX - movie, or tampon brand? You decide.
Kevin Spacey trying to be a miracle worker. Part Phenomenon, part Powder, part Close Encounters. But K-PAX is ALL CRAP.
Rated 18 Aug 2007
One of the all-time great movies.
Rated 23 Jan 2018
Very Good
Rated 24 Aug 2007
bad name, good movie
Rated 29 Aug 2007
Nice, but mostly mediocre.
Rated 15 Sep 2007
Fun drama with some very good acting by Spacey and Bridges.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
This was almost a good movie
Rated 08 Nov 2016
Still wondering if he was really an alien
Rated 02 Jan 2008
This is such an undervalued film. Spacey is scarily impressive and will make you question what we mean by mental instability. The movie is merely a vehicle to encourage you to think about the possibilities it presents. Don't be put off by the sci-fi tag this is just a good thought provoking piece of work.
Rated 20 Jan 2008
Kevin Spacey is actually pretty darn interesting in this oddball sci-fi drama as a man convinced he's an alien named Prot.
Rated 26 Jan 2008
Hippy tripe that tries way too hard. Devoid of charm, Kevin Spacey is annoying.
Rated 27 Feb 2008
I love Kevin Spacey.
Rated 06 Jul 2008
A very moving ending.
Rated 20 Jul 2016
Enjoyable viewing, despite its contested plagiarizing of "Hombre Mirando al Sudeste" from 1986.
Rated 14 Jul 2008
Kevin Spacey did a phenomenal job in this movie. Some unforgettable scenes such as the banana eating.
Rated 22 Jul 2008
Kevin Spacey is great again, portraying an alien in a world that knows nothing of his kind. What a performance from Spacey.
Rated 07 Sep 2008
Not the most brilliant script, but Spacey and Bridges are both a joy too watch. Worth a viewing.
Rated 17 Sep 2008
til eftertanke
Rated 14 Oct 2008
cool
Rated 28 Mar 2024
A fun, albeit kooky millennium movie with a solid performance by Jeff Bridges. Kevin Spacey on the other hand struggled at times (see every hypnotic scene). Speaking of which, such a heavy use of the hypnosis trope took the rating down for me. The rest of the film was entertaining tho.
Rated 04 Jan 2016
Unbelievable film. Very unique
Rated 25 Jan 2009
Great Kevin Spacey movie. An alien in a nuthouse.
Rated 02 Mar 2009
This alien posing as a human flick never attained liftoff.
Rated 12 Mar 2009
One of the best movies I've ever watched (that wasn't animated)
Rated 30 Mar 2009
A nice film with a story interesting, despite the holes. Anyway, have a good message and maintains the suspense throughout the film, I recommend.
Rated 04 Apr 2009
One of my favourite films, adapted from the first in my favourite series of books. If you enjoyed the film, I'd definitely recommend the books.
Rated 22 May 2009
I wanted to like this movie because the performances are actually quite good for the most part, but it's a little too simplistic, and a little too contrived.
Rated 21 Mar 2024
If your whole movie hinges on the power of hypnosis, and those sessions take almost 1/3 in total, something is seriously wrong. Kevin Spacey establishes a low point of acting under hypnosis, it’s intriguing how bad it is. But the movie is cozy ‘00s fare that remains very watchable despite its many clumsy slips
Rated 27 Nov 2015
K-pax was amazing. Lyra for lyfe, yo. K hyphen pax, mofo. WATCH THIS.
Rated 05 Jul 2009
ehhh this is so annoying
Rated 19 Jul 2009
Great little sci-fi movie with a terrific Kevin Spacey.
Rated 01 Aug 2009
Interesting and original. Spacey turns in another great performance.
Rated 13 Aug 2009
Well told story that leaves one asking good questions.
Rated 10 Sep 2009
Great drama. Kevin Spacey creates a complex and interesting character. I wouldn't put sci-fi as the only label here. If at all.
Rated 05 Sep 2022
At times K-PAX feels like it's trying to be a hard-hitting drama, but it doesn't quite manage that. As light entertainment, the film works just fine. It's well-paced, the characters are interesting, and it engages the viewer to judge whether Prot is in fact an alien as the film progresses. Bridges and Spacey are excellent. The rest of the cast is good, though their characters are minor. Kelly (as Howie) reminded me of Marc Maron. The final voiceover seems more depressing than inspiring.
Rated 02 Jul 2015
BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!
Rated 08 Dec 2009
3/5
Rated 20 Dec 2009
Not convincing or interesting.
Rated 07 Jan 2010
cliche
Rated 25 Jan 2010
Nothing special, but Spacey is awesome.
Rated 16 Mar 2010
Starts off bland, but ends horribly. Hamfisted and stupid.
Rated 22 Mar 2010
Interesting concept, but disappointing. No shortage of cringe-inducing dialogue.
Rated 20 Mar 2021
There was a bit of intrigue, but then we got into the downright awful hypnosis scene and entered hard cringe territory. It's not the worst movie, but its portrayal of mental health is really bad in a dangerous way, and the whole plot could have just as well fit in a 20 minute short film.
Rated 08 Jun 2015
Rated 05 Jul 2010
lame!
Rated 06 Jul 2010
A moderately interesting film that appears to be emotional and uplifting. The plate of pasta looks good, but doesn't taste as amazing.
Rated 07 Jul 2010
Nice idea and good performance from Spacey. Should be seen.
Rated 18 Jul 2010
this movie, regardless of what it might have been represented as, challenges whoever you feed inside you. whether it's a child you hide beneath your flesh, or a cynic, or perhaps a believer, k-pax talks to it. it defines its beauties around the perception of that inner persona, and the story, the characters, the music, the dialogues; all change depending on whatever you have under your skin. prot's tale is a revelation, an appearance by the hidden, a beauty; whoever you are, whatever you see.
Rated 24 Jul 2010
Underseen
Rated 19 Aug 2010
#00s(e)#, reviews, K Spacey!, J Bridges
Rated 24 Mar 2020
Thoughtful sci-fi drama is too beholden to cliché as it navigates the CUCKOO'S NEST elements, however Spacey's finely tuned and balanced performance sells the ambiguous reality of this character, finding a perfect sceptic in Bridges. Bridges and Spacey's pensive and intriguing discussions are highlights, papering over issues with supporting players (McCormack's fretting wife is a major misstep). Could have been a great film if it had followed its ambitions rather than a more predictable path.
Rated 27 Jan 2018
Good film; beautifully directed and perfectly cast. I don't normally watch these types of movies but with Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges as the leads, it's hard to go wrong.
Rated 20 Oct 2010
"Tailor-made for the K-Mart sect, K-PAX is a weepy regression fantasy for the psychologically half-conscious." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 03 Jan 2011
Kevin w pełnej krasie...
Rated 17 Mar 2011
An excellent movie that kept me thinking even after the end.
Rated 27 Jun 2011
Este actor me encanta, haga lo que haga... gran peli igual..
Rated 18 Aug 2011
With no offense meant to those who recommended this film to me, K-PAX is for the most part just another uninspiring feel-good Hollywood flick that pretends to be far more intelligent than it actually is. Fortunately, however it is saved from being completely unforgettable by Kevin Spacey who, as always, is completely riveting to watch.
Rated 20 Sep 2011
If you can suspend your disbelief from the admittedly ridiculous pitch, you'll find a pretty neat piece on faith and humanity. I liked it.
Rated 23 Jun 2019
bittersweet story, superb acting, awesome movie. incredible soundtrack that connects with the picture just as it should to.
Rated 08 Feb 2013
eng; [K-PAX]; ein mann wird in eine psychatrische klinik eingeliefert da er behauptet von einem anderen planeten zu kommen - sein psychater versucht ihm zu helfen bis er selbst zweifelt.;
Rated 18 Apr 2012
This will probably be the only time I refer to another user, but like galni quite rightly pointed out, the idea is blatantly stolen from an Argentinean movie called 'Hombre mirando al sudeste'. It is also a much lesser film than the original. For shame, Gene Brewer, you pathetic hack.
Rated 17 Jun 2012
Would be shit if not for Spacey and Bridges
Rated 22 Jul 2012
Not a lot of action in this one, but it's clever. Not overly clever like those movies with so many twists you don't know what's up and what's down in the end, but just plain good