Kindergarten Cop

Kindergarten Cop

1990
Crime

Rated 13 May 2008
Arnold Schwarzenegger screams at a bunch of fucking children in a movie and it gets bad reviews? What kind of world are we living in?!! I'm giving it a 100 just to spite you all.
Rated 03 Feb 2007
Kindergarten Cop exemplifies what is probably the single most annoying thing about Hollywood: the idea that if you have an even remotely interesting concept, the hard part of your job is done, and you can fill in the blanks in your script with cliches. Is simple, light-hearted entertainment really such a bad thing? No, I guess it isn't, but I reserve my right to bitch about it.
Rated 09 Mar 2007
oh what peter sellers in a wheelchair is funny and this isnt?!
Rated 31 Aug 2019
Far from great or anything But for some reason big tough guy Arnold dealing with a bunch of bratty kindergartners made me laugh
Rated 09 Apr 2012
A gift from the Gods.
This is a terrible flick packed with weak comedy and more obnoxiously cute kids than you can menacingly wave a .45 at, but it did introduce the phrase "It's not a toomah!" to our cultural lexicon.
How can you not like this movie at least a little. I know that everyone out there has at least quoted this movie once.
The best of the Schwarzenegger comedies...and quite educational, successfully informing audiences around the globe which sex has a penis, and which a vagina.
Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
If you don't think this is awesome then don't call me ever again...
Rated 02 Jul 2008
Watch this movie, and then remember that Schwarzenegger was the governor of a state. You'll want to laugh and cry simultaneously.
Rated 26 Oct 2008
While obviously a bad film from the outset, that's not to say that there aren't some entertaining scenes. As the typically robotic Schwarzenegger comes out with so many unusual pronunciations, strange little phrases and one instance of face-warping screaming the film is automatically injected with some unintentional humour making it just that little bit more watchable. It's still really poorly done though, plus those annoying pretentious American kids are only bearable for a little while.
Rated 20 Jan 2016
As someone who used to prank call his friends with Arnie soundboards, I'm eternally grateful that this exists.
Rated 22 Sep 2010
Sort of entertaining in parts, but overall it's fairly boring and sometimes downright annoying.
Rated 20 Mar 2007
"Who is your daddy and what does he do?" "It's not a tumor!" "My name is John Kimble, and I love my car." Arnold's comedy-classic "Kindergarten Cop" can do no wrong.
Rated 25 Sep 2014
Kindergarten Cop is my ultimate guilty pleasure and I absolutely love this film. I've always enjoyed Arnold Schwarzenegger in comedic roles and this is definitely his funniest film. It's one of the most quotable films ever and after a countless number of viewings it still makes me laugh. I enjoyed it as a child, growing up and still now. And I can't wait to watch it with my own children. And lastly, "IT'S NOT A TUMOUR!
Rated 15 May 2007
DA GOVERNATOR
Rated 19 Aug 2010
Enjoyable effort from Arnold. The scenes with the kids were priceless and truly funny. Ending got a little bogged down but worth a watch. Decent family actioner.
I'm looking at a lot of reviews, and I've got to say "what's with you people?" Kindergarten Cop is one of the finest examples of Schwartzennagearian acting I've ever seen. How can you resist 90 minutes of Arnold screaming at children? You can't. That's how.
It may not be a tumor but it's not a good movie either.
Rated 11 Mar 2009
A one-note comedy that does admittedly provide some laughs with its absurd premise, but it gets old really quick and the sentimentalism is pretty awful.
I've seen this so many times, and it's still rewatchable. Loved it as a kid, and I love it now. Endlessly quotable. Arnold was a pro at deadpan, and this is his funniest stuff.
Rated 19 Jan 2008
Same old.
Rated 21 Feb 2008
Who is your daddy and what does he do? Yeah I'm a police officer. I'm Detective John Kimball. So many great lines, that I was able to use for prank phone calls in college. I don't know if I would say the movie was that great but these catchy lines help out its score.
Rated 16 Mar 2008
A really bad movie that I find somewhat charming. What can I say, I suck.
Rated 30 Jan 2012
Ivan Reitman did three of Bill Murray's best movies. He did three of Arnold's worst.
Rated 05 Aug 2010
Schwarzenegger Effect - Any movie that is really bad, recognized as such, but is still somehow enjoyable only because Arnold Schwarzenegger is the protagonist.
Rated 02 Jun 2008
You have to have the mind or the heart of a child to enjoy this, and while I do, I just didn't enjoy it enough to care.
Rated 21 Jul 2008
The most quotable film of Arnold's career. Sometimes funny, and somewhat entertaining. But, it's still dumb and often slow.
Rated 30 Jun 2009
Nice comedy with good old Schwarzenegger. Many funny one-liners like "Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina"; "Our mom says our dad is a real sex-machine" ; "My dad's a gynecologist, he looks at vaginas all day long".
Rated 31 Jul 2008
okay movie
Rated 14 May 2011
"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?" - classic.
Rated 12 Jul 2019
I like in films where normal looking dudes have to pretend Arnie isn't some super jacked dude. Like, one guy takes a swing at him. Not a good idea.
Rated 07 Jan 2009
This movie regained notoriety with the advent of soundboards. Those sound clips are pretty much the best parts of this movie.
Rated 12 Feb 2020
"We're going to play a little game. Who's your daddy and what does he do." Good movie as Arnold who is a detective is trying to solve a case of a abusing father in this.
Gave it a ten because of the soundboard clips that were used from this movie.
Children have some pretty low standards, so they might enjoy this, but it's not very funny and needless to say the plot is absurd.
Rated 13 Dec 2006
"Boys have penis's and girls have vaginas"
Rated 13 Dec 2006
Arnold kids = comedy
Rated 11 Sep 2015
This winning 1990 comedy stars Arnold Schwarzenegger in an initially self-deprecating role as a grizzled, big-city cop who goes undercover as a small-town kindergarten teacher to nab a killer. One of the best films of director Ivan Reitman (Dave), this comedy (with some thriller elements) went a long way to further soften and broaden Schwarzenegger's image.
Rated 08 Jun 2009
Funny, but not where it hopes to be....
Rated 14 Feb 2007
Infinitely quotable. THERE IS NO BATHROOM!!! WHO IS YOUR DADDY AND WHAT DOES HE DO? This movie rocks, fuck you all.
Rated 18 Feb 2007
Whatever.
Rated 26 Feb 2007
Another action comedy with Arnold. Not that it doesn't work. It's just easy to confuse with any other film hes been in.
Rated 27 Feb 2007
Who is your daddy, and what does he do? I can watch this now and still laugh my butt off! That's a true test of a good comedy.
Rated 27 May 2015
Rated 31 Jul 2016
Classic Arnold lines I quote all the time. Not a great movie accomplishment but I find it hilarious for those few parts.
Rated 18 Jun 2009
A pretty funny comedy for the whole family, with some action mixed in. This was Schwartzeneger's best comedic performance of his carear.
Rated 26 Mar 2007
Too bad this movie has a plot. The one liners alone are great. Wish this were an hour and a half of John Kimble hanging out with 5 year olds.
Rated 07 Apr 2007
Arnie is actually pretty good in comedy roles (like his current one as governor of California). This is still just too pallid a movie to recommend, though
Rated 02 May 2007
Predictable, but only because it's twenty years old. Still fine, just nothing spectacular.
Rated 18 Dec 2010
I think I remember this being funny at 6.
Rated 11 Jan 2010
When I saw this, I was fresh out of kindergarten and loved it. I realize now it's pretty average kids fare, but it's entertaining for its target audience.
Rated 13 Jul 2007
It's not a tumor!
Rated 29 Jul 2007
Every year in age you are away from 10 is going to give you another reason to hate on this movie. It's simple, oftentimes stupid, and the acting ain't great but it's got it's fair share of charm.
The Terminator and cute kids, what a good combo. Not an Oscar winner, but at least deserves a viewing.
Rated 05 Dec 2015
A-
Rated 17 Jun 2017
Rvw
Full of classic Arnold one-liners. Not the best Arnold movie, but it's good for a few laughs.
I think Twins did more to hurt Arnold Schwarzenegger's film career than anything else. Before Twins, he was solely an action hero, but because Twins was a funny film, he began to believe he could do comedy on a regular basis and failed spectacularly.
Timeless.
Rated 22 Jan 2014
Nice
Rated 04 Nov 2009
Guilty pleasure!
A ho-hum story gets extra mileage because of Arnold's performance and some genuinely touching scenes with the kids.
"It's not a tumor!" Quasi-entertaining, with unforgetable moments.
Rated 16 Nov 2013
such a classic gotta love it!!
Rated 12 Oct 2009
The breaking point of the greatness that was 80s cinema. What could have symbolized the beefing up of children's movies (casting Arnie, OD'ing witnesses and shooting people) ended up sybolizing the decline of R rated fun (juxtaposing action with hollow PG plot lines, and selling the concept to the youngest audience).
Rated 29 Aug 2007
Not terrible.
Rated 12 Sep 2007
"I'm a cop you idiot!"
Rated 13 Sep 2007
Interesting mostly because of the non-stereotypical role for Ahnold. It was a decent movie, but probably not one you brag about paying to see. :-)
Rated 16 Sep 2007
strange shifts in tone, but fun anyway.
Rated 31 Aug 2013
This movie taught me that there is no bathroom. For all we know, there may never have been one.
Rated 06 Aug 2010
classico
Rated 27 Sep 2009
90's at their finest.
Rated 01 Mar 2009
Very good...Never get bored of this one
Rated 26 Jan 2008
Schwarzenegger is not funny!!!
Rated 29 Jan 2008
lol
Rated 29 Jan 2008
good
Rated 18 Feb 2009
Not deep. Not wonderful. But the juxtaposition of Schwarzenegger as a kindergarten teacher is delicious.
Rated 13 Apr 2008
Possibly one of the best of Arnold's flicks. A story he almost fits into, even. The story here is excellently plotted, and never sells itself short, which is a welcome relief from others of this type.
Rated 14 May 2008
Cute, sentimental fun. Typical light 80's humor/actionor based on upsurd situations and characterizations. Popcorn for the mind- not heavy and mildy entertaining.
Rated 13 Feb 2009
Arnold is in this movie.
Rated 29 Jun 2008
Okay, this one is hilarious! It gets a 70 due to the cheesiness, but I actually find this to be a reasonably good movie. Not quite the action movie that Arnold is used to, but the comedy brings it home.
Rated 05 Jul 2008
Arnold and his awkwardness, what a gold mine!
Rated 12 Jul 2008
A mess.
Rated 22 Jan 2012
The quotes! The horror!
Rated 26 Dec 2009
I loved this film as a kid but it definitely feels a lot weaker now. Kimble’s learning curve as a teacher is far too implausibly sharp; the wig-donning, permanently stoned-looking baddie is a bit naff; the whole drug dealers/gangsters stuff feels like every other lazy film of the era; and in hindsight we could actually have done with more ‘kids say the funniest things’ bits. It’s still nice enough to sit through though, with a decent score and some quotable lines.
Rated 12 Aug 2008
Dominic? What a terrible name, seriously.
Rated 29 Aug 2008
I watched this a lot as a kid and it was fun - but aside from the absurd premise and the crazy Schwarzenegger performance it doesn't hold up that well. All the same, if you're an Arnold fan you should at least give it a view. Here's three reasons why, from the Criterion collection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwXwHR3mQ8c
Rated 04 Jun 2023
Corny but fun. Far better than Twins. Yup, that's my review.
Rated 07 Nov 2011
Like most Schwarzenegger movies, it's mostly his presence that gives the movie any weight at all. This would have been really forgettable without him, but there's something inherently funny about the idea of a huge loud Austrian man in charge of a bunch of kindergarteners. That's really the movie's only draw, so if that sounds funny to you, it will be fun to watch. If it sounds dumb, it probably won't change your mind halfway through.
Rated 27 Nov 2010
It's not a trrrrruuuummmouurrrr!
Rated 31 Jan 2011
Has some of the best Schwarzenegger quotes in existence.
Rated 27 Oct 2008
Welcome to hell.
Rated 27 Oct 2008
It's not a tumor!... that quote earned this 10 points.
Rated 18 Nov 2008
Not much difference between coppary and teachering.
Rated 05 May 2020
Seen: 3+.
Rated 07 Jan 2017
Rated 20 Feb 2010
Rated 30 Dec 2008
It's Arnold teaching a kindergarden class. How can it be a bad movie?