0 rankings

Life ()

Your Rating

Summary: An international space crew discovers life on Mars. (imdb)

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Life belongs to 5 collections
1. Interplanetary (public: moderated by djross - 3 stars)
2. Mars (public: moderated by Hailey - 2 stars)
3. -On My Radar (public: moderated by KasperL - 1 star)
4. Big-time Hollywood science fiction (private: djross - 5 stars)
5. Big-time Hollywood horror (private: djross - 2 stars)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Mar 28 jfreeman jfreeman
80T9
Mar 28 TimeCapsule TimeCapsule
76T4
This is a tricky film to pin down with a trailer that looks like a B-movie knock-off "Alien"(1979) remake, but with a big budget and movie stars. Although, the film is surprisingly tense at times it never evolves past generic horror movie territory. The movie tries to go in a hard sci-fi direction, but that too never feels like it goes anywhere too deep beyond what is needed to be adequate. Featuring B-movie level characters acted well enough by famous people to keep you watching as they die.
Mar 28 ragle_gumm ragle gumm
6T5
Mar 28 EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
Mar 28 Yoshinaruto Yoshinaruto
70T6
I expected an Alien ripoff admittedly, but that's an unfair title. The overall plot is similar to Alien, and there may be a few similarities throughout, but not enough to call it a complete ripoff. Both films are (in my opinion) on par, but Alien was able to do it first. The only area Life is better and not equal to, is pacing, but not by a whole lot. Life (like alien) lacks sufficient character developement. I found both female characters were rather forgettable. Overall I recommend it.
Mar 28 Filligan Filligan
68T2
Life is not Alien, you guys. Yes, it's about a crew picked off by a malevolent lifeform, and it has incinerators, tracking dots, coolant plot devices, pre-climax twists, escape pod(s), final voice-over narration, and both stations suffer catastrophic damage, but they're completely different movies. I mean, Alien has perfect visuals, engrossing characters, palpable dread, and a good ending -- one not cooked up by an edgy 14-year-old. Life ain't got any of that shit!
Mar 28 jdiaz
79T2
Mar 27 SandyR SandyR
80T5
Mar 27 FayqeNayme
85T7
was worried throughout the whole movie, cool "bad guy" AKA squishy strong alien. Pretty solid movie.
Mar 27 pmpfe pmpfe
76T4
Mar 27 avgcrtckr avgcrtckr
52T5
Mar 27 filmaffinity filmaffinity
63T6
Mar 27 Matt_Durant The Pirate
81T7
From the trailers, I expected nothing more than a boring Alien/The Thing ripoff. While it does borrow fairly heavily from both of them, it still manages to be its own entity, complete with likable characters, suspense the builds off of itself and isn't entirely reliant on jump scares, and a really well-designed, interesting alien creature. Definitely leaves an impact after you've seen it.
Mar 27 spyce
60T5
Mar 25 Marcos92 Marcos92
Mar 25 CarsonWid
58T4
A couple nice scenes and some actors trying really hard, but ultimately not enough to grab onto to make me care about the fates of any of these characters
Mar 25 dominuk
Mar 25 schrutie
72T5
Mar 24 Criminal5 Alex Watkins
7T6
Decent enough sci-fi horror that doesn't run terribly deep or bring anything awfully new to the table, but which is slick enough to please fans of the genre (me!) and features a pretty great, grim ending.
Mar 24 TheRealJ_Ro TheRealJ-Ro
70T5
Don't walk into Life expecting some new mould-shattering Sci-Fi epic. Walk into it hoping to see it do well what it tells you it is right in the trailer: a suspenseful story about a crew who discovers life on Mars, botches first contact and now has to try and prevent a seemingly-unstoppable entity from getting to Earth. The motto is one you've seen before: humans are dumb, life exists outside of Earth, and if we aren't careful, we're dead. Ryan Reynolds is basically Deadpool. Definitely see it!
Mar 24 cet1412
Mar 24 Megaharrison Megaharrison
65T8
Mar 24 wokhedinn wokhedinn
30T3
Wile E. Coyote vs. Roadrunner: Alien Starfish Edition. The science is almost as stupid as the scientists.
Mar 24 MetaCritic2 MetaCritic2
Mar 24 nickv nickv
55T4
Mar 24 letskillrobots letskillrobots
6T2
Eh idk I'm more of a death kind of guy. Glad everyone ate it in the end. (EDIT: i am talking about the cereal here duh!!)
Mar 24 mg7film mg7film
60T7
Mar 24 Matthew_Parkinson Matthew Parkinson (The Escapist)
60T7
Life is a just-effective-enough horror movie that borrows a lot from previous monster-in-space films - Alien, primarily. It starts on a high, builds suspense with a lull, and then unleashes a monster to ruin everything. A better movie fills that lull with characters we care about, and is a bit more creative with what it has its monster do, but the film is still, on the whole, relatively thrilling and entertaining. If you're in need of a new monster-in-space movie, Life will scratch that itch. [Full Review]
Mar 22 Thetingler