Little Nicky

Little Nicky

2000

Rated 21 Mar 2016
The Rob Schneider Project- day 15. After a short vacation for the entire team, we returned to the Hugely Unfunny Racist Rob Schneider labs (HURRS), where the next research subject drained our collective sense of renewed vigor within minutes. After a merciless onslaught of humorless, sexist and insulting content, Schneider's appearance barely made a mental dent. Am I becoming Rob Resistant? [Addendum: had nosebleeds for 28 hours straight afterwards. So maybe not] Schneider-annoyance factor: 2
Rated 22 Jul 2007
This is one of those movies that's so dumb it's infuriating. Thinking about it just makes me ANGRY. FUCK YOU, MOVIE! FUCK YOOOOOOU!!!!!!
Rated 20 Mar 2016
Schneider quest, film 15: Little Nicky sucks massive dicky
Rated 28 Dec 2009
This film is very funny and thoroughly enjoyable. Keitel makes a great Satan.
Awful script, and Sandler's character is so irritating that he can't save the movie with his limited charm. If you find boobs growing on a man's head to be funny, then you might enjoy this. I saw a free screening and wanted my money back.
Rated 21 Jan 2007
The worst thing about watching this movie is that you could die
Rated 24 Feb 2007
Whoever says this movie is funny still laughs when they fart.
Rated 18 Mar 2007
Little Nicky simply is not a funny movie.
Rated 03 Nov 2020
An odd film that works (for me at least) because of a weird blend of infantile humour, satanism and genuinely disturbing characters. As a viewer, you're not really sure what to make of it, but it always (I've seen it multiple times) keeps me engaged. The cast is seriously impressive (Keitel as Satan, Dangerfield as Lucifer, Ifans as Adrian) and it shows. I always suspected Lovitz was a perv.
Rated 10 May 2007
Painful, but Adam Sandler gets hit by a bus. So it evens out.
Rated 12 Jul 2007
The film struggles, and even Sandler and Deniro have trouble holding it together.
Rated 12 Dec 2021
Would rather go to actual hell.
So zany!
Adam Sandler does another silly voice and gets into wacky and crazy situations and deals with them in and equally wacky and crazy fashion. Probably funny if you think Adam Sandler is but, if you're like me, and you don't think Adam Sandler is funny then this movie isn't funny and simply a waste of time.
This is the first movie I ever saw that made me have a hatred for bad movies. I saw it in theaters and COULD NOT BELIEVE how stupid and embarrassingly terribly it was. I had nightmares for weeks, and cried and cried. So bad. SO BAD. NEVER SEE THIS MOVIE.
Guh.
Adam Sandler talks in a wacky voice for two hours. Oh, for glorious wit!
Rated 17 Feb 2010
Not completely terrible. Actually, by Adam Sandler standards it's pretty good. I really like the voice he does. Still pretty shit though, don't get me wrong.
Rated 14 Jan 2010
Harvey Keitel what are you doing?!
Rated 11 Feb 2008
Adam Sandler needs to come up with a new joke.
Rated 08 Mar 2008
For a picture that looked unendurable & unfunny, it really packs quite a few decent jokes & a surprising amount of plot. Doesn't hurt that the acting is really quite good. Plenty of stupid, and fortunately not gross stupid. I was amazed that the lisping Adam was actually unannoying.
Rated 20 Apr 2008
Don't worry, you're not gonna catch "the dumb" just from watching it. With his speech impediment, even I like Sandler's antics for once. Nothing deep or engaging here, but some portions made me snicker. Then again, I do that when I fart, too. Sometimes.
Rated 20 May 2008
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Rated 03 Jan 2023
Effects driven comedy is beyond stupid, but it has some genuinely odd moments, and the motley assemblage of character actors, including Sandler's loyal cronies, soften the edge of his typically slack jawed routine, which is even more over the top here than usual; his mouth is deformed, he walks with a limp and has a speech impediment! The trifecta! On the upside, he is strangely fascinating to watch, and it's one of the last times he took a genuine risk with a mainstream comedy.
Rated 29 Aug 2008
I know it's stupid, but it's one of those rare idiotic movies that I actually enjoy from time to time. Hitler and the pineapples? Swell. Lines like "I will eat your heart," or "Popeye's chicken is the shiznit!" became quotable bits used to great effect during tomfoolery in high school. Also, I know someone who actually talks like Nicky, so that adds some hilarity... That aside, it's a guilty pleasure that I don't necessarily recommend to anyone unless they like both Adam Sandler and AC/DC.
Rated 03 Jan 2018
Adam Sandler is excessively annoying to watch and listen to in this movie. Which is unfortunate considering he is trying to perform alongside performers such as Patricia Arquette, Harvey Keitel, and Rhys Ifans! Sandler has nothing on any of these people and its very apparent here. The special effects have their moments and the Heaven Hell story is unexpected. Not to mention it contains a phenomenal cameo from Quentin Tarantino! ...for some reason...
Rated 22 Nov 2012
Every bit as good as "Monster-A-Go-Go". No, wait, at least those characters aren't annoying
Rated 07 Aug 2012
Adam Sandler, go fuck yourself.
Adam Sandler's other movies may be just a s juvenile, but at least they're kind of amusing. This is just annoying, especially Sandler's character.
Rated 29 Jan 2007
with theodore melone
Rated 22 Feb 2007
Poor.
Rated 17 Mar 2023
I have nostalgia from watching Adam Sandler movies as a child. Unfortunately.
Rated 16 Jun 2012
Dangerfield made me laugh
Rated 20 Mar 2007
I can identify with these characters! I too like Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits! Another stupid blend of wacky facial expressions, yelling and product placement.
Rated 25 Mar 2007
Almost nothing positive about this film, and very few funny bits. Adam Sandler is really, really hit or miss, and this ranks as one of his absolute worst attempts.
Rated 25 Mar 2007
I usually hate Sandler's films so this was pleasant surprise.
Rated 10 Apr 2007
One of the worst films I've ever seen. If you are a masochist, rent this one!
Rated 26 May 2012
haha this is what the devil is really like.
Rated 30 May 2010
offensively bad
Rated 31 Jul 2007
This was hilarious when I was twelve, but what was once knee-slapping reversal of expectations (Chicago has hidden satanic messages!) seems trite today, while the dada implications of the constant "Popeye's Chicken" references where simple product placement in retrospect. Still better then almost all other Sandler dreck.
Well, it gets points for casting Harvey Keitel as Satan, but other than that it's typical Sandler bullshit.
Rated 13 May 2015
One of the better Adam Sandler schlock films
Rated 22 May 2012
Disappointing. I loved Dangerfield as the devil though!
Cheap laughs from stupid humor.
Rated 09 Mar 2020
Seen: 3.
Rated 29 Mar 2015
2.06/5
Rated 30 Jul 2012
Didn't hate it, surprising.
Rated 13 Jun 2010
Popeye's chicken sucks.
Terrible production values, horrific acting and only a couple of laughs in its whole running time.
Sandler plays retard. Rinse, repeat.
Yet another Adam Sandler film.
Rated 25 Dec 2014
Lots of self-irony made it watchable.
Rated 18 Jul 2016
Just watched it with my mom who (while not quite as smitten with it as 13-or-so-year-old me who watched it 3 times in one day) surprisingly thought it was quite funny. The thing people seem to find most annoying about the movie, and which is in it for 95% of the time, is Sandler's character and voice, but for whatever reason it makes me laugh, so yeah, it works for me. Always happy to see metalhead characters who seem somewhat authentic (praising Priest and Ozzy instead of crap). Bad, but fun.
Rated 21 Aug 2007
What the hell were they thinking?
Rated 21 Aug 2007
One of Adam Sandler's better comedies, very good.
Rated 23 Aug 2007
Oh Good God. I have no idea how I ever accidentally watched this. The only movie I have ever seen that requires a negative value.
Rated 15 Sep 2007
This movie was pathetic, and yet I liked it. Adam Sandler was funny, and Harvey Keitel and Rodney Dangerfield played their roles perfectly. It was actually not terrible, just not that good.
Rated 24 Feb 2020
oh the things criticker make me remember they exist...........
Rated 27 Jun 2011
HIS HEAD BECOMES A TIT CHRIST THAT'S FUNNY
Rated 20 Jan 2008
Has its moments, not Sandler's worst.
Rated 07 Feb 2008
Adam Sandler's most obnoxious character, and somehow I couldn't escape it, it was always on, I'd fall asleep during one movie and wake up in the middle or this, or I'd go to someones house and their little brother is watching it in the living room. I bet they're gonna play this in hell.
Rated 08 Feb 2008
Sandler you sir are garbage now.
Rated 11 Jun 2019
Rated 08 May 2011
Eh, it doesn't really bother me.
Rated 12 Jan 2010
Kind of entertaining considering it's not really a very good movie
Rated 12 Apr 2008
Typical Adam Sandler movie, but with a bulldog.
Rated 06 May 2008
Once in a while, there's a terrible movie that I happen to like.
Rated 20 Dec 2013
Despite the presence of a large, talented cast, the jokes in Little Nicky are dumb, tasteless, and not that funny, and Adam Sandler's character is grating to watch.
Rated 26 Apr 2011
One Sandler movie that i really like.
Rated 10 Jan 2010
I hate Sandler and his annoying voices, motives and even his humor.
Rated 27 Jul 2008
Holds your interest for a half-hour or so if you catch it while channel-surfing. Otherwise, it's not worth a rental.
Rated 31 Jul 2008
Blam this peice of crap.
Rated 21 Sep 2008
Like it, but not Sandlers best work!
Rated 19 Aug 2018
I don't know what the christ is going on with this movie, there's a part of me that thinks it is bordering on genius, but mostly I just think it's crap. Memorable, interesting crap though, it stands out when compared to typical Happy Madison fare.
Rated 13 Dec 2013
Another stinker that I have a soft spot for. Guess it's the entire concept behind the movie that I like. Hail Satan , and stuff.
Rated 23 Mar 2011
Little Nicky is one of Happy Madison's earliest productions and also one of its least funny. There's a few jokes that make the movie watchable but don't expect anything along the lines of Sandler's early works.
Rated 03 Dec 2008
Yeah, this is where Sandler really started to go downhill. Although there are some great and hillarious supporting/bit parts (Dana Carvey, Michael McKean, some british guy whose name I'm unaware of) which make this a very tolerable film. Perhaps you can kill some time this way.
Rated 15 Dec 2008
When Adam Sandler started getting bad.
Rated 17 Dec 2008
Tit-head!
Rated 03 Jan 2009
meh
Rated 04 Mar 2018
One of the best of Sandler.
Rated 11 Nov 2013
those fucking Rob Schneider cameos... :(
Rated 29 Nov 2009
It was a very strange film, i think that it was only half decent because it had sandler in it, if he wasnt it would be utter rubbbish, although i did like the dog!
Rated 01 Feb 2009
A real pale of shite with very little redeeming value.
Rated 08 Feb 2009
not bad but not great by any means
Rated 13 Feb 2009
Someone needs to actually hit Adam Sandler in the face with a shovel. Props for Keitel and the Tarantino cameo.
Rated 02 Mar 2009
Really, Adam Sandler?
Rated 22 Feb 2013
I'd like to hit this movie with a shovel.
Rated 12 Nov 2016
F
Rated 17 Aug 2010
I think the catchphrase that defined this movie was 'popeye's chicken is the shiznit'
Rated 23 Apr 2009
My personal favorite Sandler movie.
Rated 27 Apr 2009
Stupid, fun movie.
Rated 05 May 2009
This is a pretty strong comedic premise completely wasted.
Rated 24 Jun 2009
Should probably be lower, but it hits a stupid funny note occasionally.
Rated 09 Feb 2023
One of the more ambitious “Happy Madison” vehicles can’t gel all of its comic ideas into something coherent, but does show a high-level awareness of the eclectic skills-set of all of its performers and uses them to the hilt (has Lovitz ever been better deployed?) Sandler is possibly the one wrong note, but not in the way you might expect; as the focal point of the story, he needed to be more grounded and “normal” – as it is, his performance can’t provide the film with the anchor that it needs.
Rated 29 Aug 2010
Just don't. Just watchable enough to keep you from switching it off, and yet terrible enough that when it's over you'll wish you hadn't started it in the first place.
Rated 01 Aug 2009
A few mild laughs.
Rated 11 Aug 2009
Terribly boring.
Rated 12 Aug 2009
Adam Sandler at his most Adam Sandlery. May be tolerable if you can stand that sort of thing; can't stand it myself.
Rated 20 Aug 2009
One of his two funniest movies.