Men in Black III

Men in Black III

2012
Sci-fi

Rated 27 May 2012
Succeeds because it doesn't try to rehash anything from the first film (I'm looking at you, MiB2...). Brolin is spot on, and Smith's J is charismatic as usual. We've seen this type of time travel comedy before, but it still manages to entertain. It might be the most emotionally focused of the three, which is admirable.
Rated 22 Jun 2012
With Tommy Lee Jones aging a bit too much to aptly continue the role of K and his character being irreplaceable, it's only fitting to find a plot device like time travel to compensate for that. The good news is that it turns out to be a great movie and Brolin fits in perfectly.
Rated 13 Jun 2012
I was really pleasantly surprised by this. The main villain isn't all that interesting, the plot is somewhat formulaic, and the direction is for the most part competent and nothing more - but it's funny as hell, the cast are great (Brolin completely rules, and Bill Hader stole the show with his scene), the climax is very good, and, amazingly, it's actually genuinely emotional, with one sucker-punch at the end causing me to almost tear up. At Men in Black 3. I almost tore up at Men in Black 3.
Rated 25 May 2012
The introduction, with all its MIB-silliness and humor that wasn't even funny when the first film came out in '97, had me worried. But once the plot picks up and the series finally decides to focus properly on the characters, it becomes incredibly engaging. Will Smith does a good Will Smith, Brolin does a very good Tommy Lee Jones, and it even manages to be touching. It's been ages since I saw the first two but this might just be the best MIB. A pleasant surprise. Griffin was a great addition.
Rated 07 Apr 2017
The only thing to take away from this film is comfort in the fact that on that terrible day, when we will all be without Tommy Lee Jones, there is another...
Rated 31 May 2012
The bad-guy is insufferable and there's a serious shortage of laughs. The multiple possible worlds idea has potential and I like the ending, but the film's biggest draw, hands down, is Brolin and his superb impersonation.
Rated 30 May 2012
Everything here is really on-point, MiB3 brings the MiB atmosphere perfectly, which sometimes can be tricky with almost a decade gone by since the last movie. I actually found it a little funnier than other people seem to be finding it, and it kind of goes without saying that Brolin's Jones is fantastic. The heavy emotional swerve towards the end of the movie was unexpected but not unwelcomed; it added solid substance to a series that some could argue needed a reason for people to care about it.
Rated 03 Jun 2012
They've all gotten way to old for that shit...
Rated 13 Sep 2012
Watching this film made me forget about the crushing dullness of my life for a few hours, not because I was enthralled, just because it was something on the screen for a bit. I could have just as easily read a book or watched the clouds go by. That is the best I can do for this review, if they aren't going to put any effort into acting it, why should I spend any time reviewing it? It's fine. It's Ok. Average. Mediocre. Yeah. Not bad.
Rated 07 Oct 2018
The key to this film's success is that Brolin as a young Agent K is marvelous and has the same entertaining chemistry with Smith's J as TLJ did. The future-past mash-up, meanwhile, adds both extra fun to the dynamic as well as hints of intriguing character work ("What happened to you man?"; see also the final reveal). Stuhlbarg's manic Griffin and Clement's delightfully over-the-top villain (see his hilarious interaction with his past self) are great secondary characters that fill things out.
Rated 27 May 2012
Pretty dull film full of mostly comedic misfires. Josh Brolin deserves props for his Tommy Lee Jones embodiment and Bill Hader was a welcome addition. Everyone else seemed to try but couldn't get past the script.
Rated 27 May 2012
As a pulp sci-fi adventure, I actually found it pretty amusing, with fun set pieces, time travel, and a colorful, memorable villain. And Josh Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones is pretty magical. Comedically, though, it has an airless, overly scripted quality to it. I didn't laugh much at all. Still, it's so, so, so, so, so much better than Men In Black II.
Rated 15 Jul 2012
Josh Brolin is great as Tommy Lee Jones. That is all.
Rated 29 May 2015
WAY better than the second one which felt like a TV show
Rated 19 Apr 2014
Infinitely better than the second film, but still tries too hard. Brolin is the highlight.
Rated 30 May 2012
Does what it says on the tin. The alternate future seeing guy was supposed to be likeable (I think) but I just found him annoying and his face was a bit creepy. Obviously there are contrived plot elements that can be nitpicked - particularly the Villain's escape from jail at the start but most films have stuff like that. Overall good stuff and got a few laughs out of me.
Rated 03 Jun 2012
It isn't as good as the first installment, but Men in Black III, unlike some films, runs a successful third installment thanks to the lead performances. Worth watching. Good writing and acting and visual effects.
Rated 01 Aug 2012
Although Josh Brolin's acting is amazing to look at, this movie isn't all that good. The first 5 minutes of the movie are the best.
Rated 20 Feb 2013
I lost all hope that any addition to the MIB franchise would be worth a shit after the unbelievably boring MIB 2; however, I found myself really entertained here. Cool monsters, great effects and a cohesive story really made the difference.
Rated 13 Sep 2012
It's pretty much more of the same here. Will Smith is the same as Agent J and somehow doesn't seemed to have aged since 1997. Tommy Lee Jones' part is reduced, but Josh Brolin does an freakishly good impersonation of him, so it's not a big change. The highlight for me was Jemaine Clement as the villain. He was just awesome. The majority of the jokes fell flat for me though. Anyway, I thought it was fairly enjoyable and a decent sequel.
Rated 04 Oct 2012
The MIB series have weirdly uninteresting villains, and this one is probably the worst at it. But I still really liked it. Smith and Jones are as always very likable and Brolin is great. I also loved the Arcanian and his parallel worlds ability.
Rated 22 Jul 2018
Surprisingly painless & made me laugh quite a bit. Exceeded my very low expectations but without coming close to MiB1
Rated 22 May 2012
Yes, the special effects are more refined, and yes, the gags are not that funny anymore -- actually, they weren't funny at all in 2002, when the second movie came out. Smith is silly as usual, the aliens look great, but seem dated -- the graffiti guy didn't show up, that's bad --, and the best lines and scenes come from Tommy Lee as Tommy Lee as Brolin as Brolin/Tommy Lee. Oh, and the joke about president Obama is really cool.
Rated 31 Dec 2012
in revisiting the lovely first film i can't help wishing the series had ended there, but this is a surprisingly enjoyable send-off, retaining the warm characterisations, the unabashed hamminess and grotesquity of its villains (jermaine clement makes dr. evil seem naturalistic here) and, aside from a few missteps, the ease with which visual and verbal gags spring forth from its world of deadpan absurdity. now please, no more...
Rated 26 May 2012
It's hard not to roll your eyes when a seemingly unnecessary sequel (are sequels ever really necessary?) comes out so long after the last. Fortunately, 'Men in Black III' does it right. There is very little focus on tying it to the other films. They assume you know who everyone is and jumps into a new story with the same characters, rather than rehashing the original. Smith's Agent J is just as you remember him and Brolin's Agent K is spot on. 'MIB3' reminded me why I enjoyed the fun original.
Rated 29 May 2012
Jemaine Clement is so obnoxious. Every time he was on screen I put a revolver in my mouth and dry fired it. Maybe next time. Overall it's EHN, there are no big laughs, it's very painful to sit through the parts that are SUPPOSE to be funny (O speaking in that stupid alien language) and just fall flat. Josh Brolin IS Tommy Lee Jones. It's REALLY obvious which parts were stapled in from a stronger script. That closing was too good for what came before it. Blech Jemaine Clement
Rated 25 Aug 2012
Wysmienity film zwlaszcza w 3d :)
Rated 10 Oct 2013
It would have been cool if they found out the Fratellis were aliens.
Rated 06 Jun 2012
Worst villain ever. Otherwise, I don't really care about Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones impersonation. If I found impersonations entertaining at 26, I'd probably be a retard.
Rated 07 Jun 2012
Better than MIB II for sure
Rated 28 May 2012
It's an entertaining but airless summer flick. It doesn't have the crackle and originality of the first one, but it's infinitely more palatable than the second one. Brolin absolutely deserves all the praise he's been receiving, and watching this in IMAX 3D makes for a fun afternoon, but...yeah. It's well-produced, has some nifty action bits, and certainly looks expensive, but your brain will not be engaged too heavily. You knew that already, though.
Rated 29 May 2012
great
Rated 14 Oct 2012
funny, entertaining. quite good
Rated 30 Dec 2012
I was in dire need of entertainment, chose MiB III and don't regret it. They deliver. Of course, it's stuffed with cliches like a Christmas cake with nuts and raisins. So what. If it works?
Rated 24 Mar 2024
audiovisual 68 acting 66 overall feeling 67 avg 67
Rated 29 Jan 2013
meeeeeh.
Rated 28 Jul 2015
I have a love-hate relationship with the Men in Black series. Thankfully, the third entry is a breath of fresh air and wound up exceeding my expectations. The time travel story line actually worked quite well and the writing is nicely done. Brolin's portrayal of Tommy Lee Jones is amazing. I have to give props for the twist in the final minutes of the film. Overall, it's a great sequel that restores faith into the franchise. 3.5 STARS
Rated 03 Sep 2012
Better than the previous entry, it has some fun with the time travel concept and is on the whole pretty entertaining.
Rated 18 Nov 2012
Creepy monsters and humorous situations abound in this installment of the Men In Black. This time we travel back in time to 1969. There are a few good gags and tons of CGI and special effects. The story is clever and the acting is pretty decent. The overall feeling is very upbeat and good spirited as all the MIB movies are.
Rated 18 Aug 2014
Fun, semi-original, and full of action...everything a MIB sequel should be. Brolin is great as a young K, Clement is his usual whacky self as Boris, and Smith is back. The film is cheesy but it's still good (especially considering MIB 2), even with its rocky start, and it has a surprising amount of heart. My only complaint is the bridge scene at the end, which just seems half-baked.
Rated 06 Jun 2012
Nothing to rave about, but better than the 2nd installment. The plot here is very involved, which leaves too little time for the little moments of alien weirdness that I think gave the first one its charm.
Rated 16 Jan 2020
On the plus side, the CGI effects have gotten so much better compared to the last one, that while you still miss the practical effects, it's less heartbreaking and more of a dull ache for what could have been. On the minus side is a lot of things. Boris is set up as this terrible threat and then he's just useless. The way J just wants to get K to talk about his feelings is plain weird. And I never felt like they did anything interesting with the premise of being in the sixties.
Rated 30 Sep 2012
After 10 years the third installment of MIB is arrived and the result of watching this movie was satisfying for me , I know the script had some loops but instead I felt the threat behind the characters and I wished the good guys win . the twist at the end and the 5-dimension character were some good points for me .
Rated 27 May 2012
Lively, affable nonsense that nobody in the world asked for.
Rated 13 Sep 2012
A pretty fun movie and Josh Brolin is surprising playing a young Tommy Lee Jones. Boris the Animal is an awesome villain and makes me more excited for another MIB than I ever was for this one. No talking pug and not nearly enough TLJ definitely hurts this movie though. Also Rip Torn. Enough was done right to be a very fun movie.
Rated 28 Apr 2015
You get the feeling this had the potential to be an awful lot better. For example, if writing the script had gone a bit further than a shrug of the shoulders and "Time travel?"
Rated 13 Jun 2012
not bad, it's hard to beat the first one.. but not bad. hats off to Jermaine's humorous portrayal of Boris the Spider-- Who? The Who? Boris the Spider.. wink, wink, nudge, nudge
Rated 26 May 2012
idiotic fun..
Rated 09 Jun 2012
Disappointing and slightly dull. Past its sell by date and that's just Will Smith.
Rated 25 Jun 2012
Worthy sequel. Lots of Will Smith funniness. Unnecessary 3D, but fun stuff.
Rated 09 Sep 2012
It goes to say something when a Pitbull song during the credits is the best part of the movie.
Rated 18 Oct 2012
more aesthetically creative than the first two. sadly, more melodramatic and not so funny than them.
Rated 30 Nov 2019
MiB with time travel. It sounds like it could be a disastrous idea, especially after the disappointing second movie, but I thought this one was as enjoyable as the first. Time travel is something that can go so wrong in a movie, but I felt that this one actually did a fairly good job with it. Josh Brolin does great as a young K and he maintains the great chemistry with J. It's maybe not perfect, but I had a lot of fun watching it.
Rated 10 Jan 2017
This is not the worst thing you will ever watch it and has some very good (funny) moments but it is still a bad movie. When there is no good joke, there are some terrible jokes and sometimes there is a huge gap between the quality of jokes. At overall, story was not that terrible though. So again, it is very likely to not become your worst 2 hours.
Rated 21 Aug 2013
It was a mostly-passable action-comedy. Some of the humor just didn't work for me, and there was some occasional bad-looking CGI, but this is definitely a much better Men in Black movie than MiB 2. Just skip that one and go straight to this one. You can easily enough pretend it never existed.
Rated 03 Aug 2017
Passable. It brings nothing new to the table, sadly, but it was fun to spend more time with these characters nevertheless.
Rated 05 Nov 2012
A bit straight-laced, however it's a big improvement on the awful second installment. Not that that's really saying much! Brolin is clearly the movies highlight, & there is just enough invention & meat in the plot to entertain for one viewing. The fun & original soft sci-fi first movie seems a very long time ago now & although MIB3 never gets anywhere near that sort of popcorn entertainment, it's no shambles. It's a bit of a shame Stuhlbarg's character wasn't explored more.
Rated 05 Aug 2019
S
Rated 01 Jun 2012
The movie's barely passable from the start; it's nowhere near as engaging as its first predecessor. Once Michael Stuhlbarg's fantastic character Griffin comes into the picture, things liven up, but then the lead balloon of an ending makes the entire endeavor a waste of time. Just like Terminator 4, it proves that high-numbered sequels that deal with timelines and rewrites DURING shooting aren't going to end well.
Rated 20 Apr 2013
The only good part was Josh Brolin
Rated 28 Sep 2012
Not that funny and the story is terrible. Didn't get emotionally involved with the characters even though I loved them in the first two movies, which is a major problem......Josh Brolin though does a killer Tommy Lee Jones impression
Rated 09 Nov 2019
Crappy.
Rated 10 Dec 2017
This was a total surprise. I hated the first two of these. This actually got me away of watching my iPhone and my attention was in the movie.
Rated 31 May 2012
Entertaining.
Rated 17 Sep 2013
Men in Black 3 feels like the first film in the series to actually deliver on the promise of the premise.
Rated 04 Jan 2015
Re-watched it and upped the points a bit.
Rated 07 Aug 2014
Plot holes, contrivances and boring villain aside, a decently fun movie if nothing impressive{like the previous movies in the series}. The movie is at it's best when playing off Smith's/Brolin's chemistry with one another and at least it doesn't try to be anything more than what it is.
Rated 02 Jun 2012
Men in Black 3 is not good or bad, but it has moments of inspiration that are genuinely funny. As a fun throwback to cheesy sci-fi romps, and when you add in Josh Brolin's spot-on impersonation of Jones, MIB3 turns into an entertaining and forgettable time waster.
Rated 22 May 2016
I just don't get this stuff. Admittedly, I lack the fantasy gene... I'm also utterly allergic to Will Smith. Even Tommy Lee Jones can't redeem this mess.
Rated 24 Jun 2012
Really amateurish: the kind of performances you'd expect out of early the early Will Smith, the kind of jokes you'd expect to see in college student films, plus the kind of graphics you'd expect to see in the 80's. Sad.
Rated 10 Nov 2012
Decent fun all around. I always like when the future and past are mashed around in a semi paradoxical way. The young agent K really fell into place. The villain was cool but i think we didn't see enough from him.
Rated 07 Jan 2013
6- pretty good, decent
Rated 19 Jan 2013
Great casting, touching moments, and some really fun references to the other films.
Rated 01 Feb 2013
A Herculean leap over the nauseatingly awful Men In Black II, but while a number of the performances are quite fun (Josh Brolin, namely, but also Clement, Hader and Stuhlbarg), the humour falls painfully flat over and over against. That there are five credited writers on the screenplay is telling, as the tone is all over the place, but credit to the film's gut-punch ending for vindicating any early misgivings. It can't recapture the feel of the original, but it's not a bad way to spend 2 hours.
Rated 17 Jun 2012
The ending was really really nice and Josh Brolin does a great Tommy Lee Jones. Fun movie.
Rated 09 Sep 2012
Worse than the first two but still watchable. Brolin and Stuhlbarg are great.
Rated 14 Sep 2014
Oddly this movie has more in common with the first one than it's predecessor sequel does. Josh Brolin puts in a marvelous performance as Young K and the culture of the 60s is explored lightly and humorously whilst still striking relevant discords.
Rated 19 Jan 2018
"Men in Black" does time travel. To be fair, the concept does bring a freshness to the franchise, but it would be a stretch to call this a neatly, carefully written movie. Josh Brolin was a very good choice as younger Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith brings his charisma to the table once more and the action is fine but nothing particularly earth-shattering. Also, the twist at the end felt a bit like a desperate attempt at emotion.
Rated 16 Sep 2013
Men in Black 3 is more of the same, just like Men in Black II was more of the same. If you like the formula, enjoy the characters, and don't mind seeing them go through another film where they do pretty much the same things one more time -- with superficial changes that are ultimately meaningless -- then you'll enjoy this film. If you were already tired of it in the second film, this one will irritate and bore.
Rated 02 Jul 2012
This is a good sequel. Josh Brolin steals this one with a great impersonation of a young Tommy Lee Jones. Will Smith also has a lot of fun in one of his most popular roles. Jemaine Clement is a nice surprise as the villain of the movie. There is also an interesting premise for this third installment.
Rated 17 May 2018
A sequel made this long after the original usually sucks, but Will Smith and Josh Brolin do a good job in their roles and the time traveling adventure is a pretty fun time.
really funny and lots of action best of all three movies. 10 out of 10
Rated 15 Jun 2012
I want to see this again. I'm almost positive it was as great as I thought it was at the time because I went in with incredibly low expectations. Or maybe it was just THAT great. Not just that great, but the best in the series. Other than a lack of Rip Torn, a few plot holes, sloppy CGI and a dip in quality during the last quarter, I have nothing bad to say about it. It was hilarious, it was fun, every actor does a great job (Bill Hader cracked me up) and the climax was shockingly emotional.
Rated 27 Jul 2012
Entertaining without being distasteful, better than the second film.
Rated 24 Jun 2012
Much better than I expected. The best of the series thanks to Jemaine Clement's great performance and make-up as the villain. If you are in the mood for stupid fun, can't go wrong with MIB III.
Rated 17 Sep 2012
Better than II. worse than I.
Rated 12 Dec 2012
A better follow-up to the original than MIBII, but still not a great film. There are laughs to be had, Brolin is great and the effects are the right mix of believable and cheesy. A fun film for MIB fans, but not much more.
Rated 12 May 2014
I admit, I'm a Men in Black fan, and the third wasn't bad at all. Passes the time very quickly, has some laughs and is enjoyable. It does have some flaws, but it does have the same sort of atmosphere as previous movies. The badguy is awesome
Rated 02 Sep 2015
Even though agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) have been protecting the Earth from alien scum for many years, J still does not know much about his gruff partner. However, J soon gets an unexpected chance to find out what makes K tick when an alien criminal called Boris the Animal (Jemaine Clement) escapes, goes back to 1969, and kills K. With the fate of the planet at stake, J goes back in time and teams up with K's younger self (Josh Brolin) to put things right.
Rated 11 Jun 2012
Isn't there any other thing someone can come up with with time travel?
Rated 04 Oct 2015
I thought the franchise was dead after MiB2, but it turns out the third one was surprisingly good. The time travel plot is kept simple yet interesting, which is better than the overly contrived time loop stories Hollywood seems to be enjoying lately. The weird thing about this movie is that it has none of the weird cheesy charm of the original MiB. It doesn't feel like it fit in the franchise. Yet it still works just fine as the conclusion (hopefully?) of the MiB story.
Rated 11 Sep 2012
Not so funny as 1 and 2. But time travel!
Rated 21 Aug 2013
Entertaining sequel is a major improvement over Part 2, but can't quite shake the feeling that this one-joke premise is way past its use by date. At least it is lively, and deftly directed by Sonnenfeld, with Smith and Jones having fun, and Brolin superb as Jones' earlier incarnation. Underutilised Thompson is also invaluable during her limited screen time, and Clement makes for a great scenery chewing villain.
Rated 26 Sep 2012
This. Flick. Made. No. Sense. Garbage.
Rated 02 Apr 2014
milking this franchise for all its got
Rated 28 May 2012
Great villain, and it probably has the most of heart of the trilogy as it tries to humanize K, but some of the dialogue is embarrassingly bad. No surprise that there are 5 screenwriters attached to this mess of a script.
Rated 30 May 2012
Well, it's still nonsense, but it's charming nonsense with a fair good/bad joke ratio. I especially liked the Warhol bit and the abundance of background gags.
Rated 01 Jun 2012
Disappointing. Only the last 10 minutes it gets to the level it had to be from the start.
Rated 17 Sep 2012
Considering it is the Men in Black franchise, this was pretty inspired. It won't make you laugh like an idiot but it will provide a respectable amount of chuckles.
Rated 16 Jun 2012
Loved it. Should admit though I haven't seen the previous two.