2004
Family/Kids
The inspiring story of the team that transcended its sport and united a nation with a new feeling of hope. Based on the exciting true story of one of the greatest moments in modern history, the film captures a time and place where differences could be settled by games and a cold war could be put on ice. (Disney)

2004
Family/Kids

Rated 01 Oct 2010
/Mighty Ducks
Pretty Good. Kurt Russell does a great job as Herb Brooks. The movie does an excellent job showing the backstory of how the team was put together and became a family but fails in its attempt to set a feeling of the mood at the time. A better sense of the cold war would have made the movie very powerful.
Rated 18 Jul 2011
Kurt Russell's performance guides this cliche-ridden tale into the realm of inspirational, nostalgic goodness.
Kurt Russell does it again. Melodramatic? Yes. Patriotic? Yes. A good movie? Do you believe in miracles? YES!!!
Big event, sure. But it just didn't hit me that hard.
good as far as sports movies go
Rated 14 Oct 2008
I'm a huge hockey fan, and that factors into the score, but this is a well-made movie about a culturally iconic moment in sports. Russell gives a truly inspired performance as Herb Brooks, which alone lifts the movie above the usual Sports Movie trappings. Even better is how well the film captures its time period, putting as much focus on the cultural and political impact of the game as it does on the game itself. One of the best damn sports movies ever made. Disney finally gets it right.
Not much different than every other sports movie.
Rated 12 Jul 2007
Another Disney sports flick -- but a really outstanding one, about the 1980 "Miracle On Ice".
Rated 29 Aug 2010
well, it's better than Mystery, Alaska.
Rated 01 Sep 2010
The inspirational sports movie has rarely been this good - of course this just might be the most inspirational (American) sports story of them all.
Rated 22 Sep 2010
Miracle is a fairly run-of-the-mill sports movie, with a familiar arc and all the regular cliched characters. It does, however, do a very good job of capturing the feel of hockey on film, something that doesn't seem to happen often. And Kurt Russell vanishes into his role as Herb Brooks, adding some color to a pretty averagely written character. Entertaining but hardly a classic.
Rated 31 Mar 2013
Good, if completely standard, sports movie. Kurt Russell is the best part. The real problem was that the hockey itself wasn't filmed all that great--not terrible, but certainly could have been better.
Rated 05 Dec 2010
"Kurt Russell's performance transcends the film's unilateral politics to achieve a viewer-conversant three dimensions." - Keith Uhlich
Rated 23 Mar 2011
In the time it takes to watch this movie you could watch both USA vs. USSR games and still have time for a recap of the all the other games they played.
Rated 25 May 2010
The story of team USA is obviously great, but they manage to build a pretty good Herb Brooks biopic on top of it.
Rated 29 Mar 2011
A typical underdog story in the vein of Hoosiers, Rocky, Mighty Ducks, etc. Miracle stands out with its touching portrayal of late 70s America and the power of hope. Kurt Russell and Eddie Cahill lead a great ensemble cast.
Rated 10 Apr 2011
Completely and utterly generic Disney Sports movie. Just like any other you have an unorthodox coach whose methods seen strange but end up working admirably, a team that has to overcome their own petty disputes and the resulting upset from the underdog win (sorry about spoiling history you should probably be aware of anyway). Despite all this Kurt Russell provides what may well be his final good starring performance which makes what would otherwise be a forgettable movie into something more.
Rated 16 Jun 2011
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
Rated 26 Nov 2009
Solid moment capture.
Rated 21 Nov 2009
One of my favorite sports stories of all-time, but this was not a good movie.
Rated 02 Dec 2011
USA, USA, USA, USA. The Miracle on Ice is one of those sporting events I wish I would have been alive to see. Fortunately this movie does a nice job of representing it. It does even ruin itself with an overabundance of Disney schmaltz (which is pretty shocking if you think about it).
Rated 29 Jul 2009
One of the better (there's only a few) hockey films out there. You have guessed this is about the 1980 USA team's victory over the mighty and undefeated Soviet Union team. The film focused more on Herb Brooks, the coach of the USA team, than the players. I get good chills just from watching this.
Rated 08 Oct 2018
Pretty good sports movie. The hockey sequences were pretty well done. It uses all of the sports movie cliches: unorthodox coach, teammates fighting, team loses sight of the goal, huge underdog defeating overwhelming opponent, etc. I also thought that it had a pretty long runtime for a "family" movie. My younger kids got bored after awhile a couldn't appreciate the Cold War reality of the film.
Rated 04 Jun 2024
This movie provides nothing more than what D2: The Mighty Ducks did, except some true historical events. It falls victim to basically all the sports movie tropes, but still nice to re-live an iconic American sports moment in HD
Rated 05 Sep 2021
Enjoyable (if a little long-winded) underdog story is formulaic to a fault, and too often relies on suspense for an outcome that would be clear even if the real life story wasn't so well known, but for all that it's a fun journey aided by a sincere and committed performance by Russell and the cast (though Clarkson seems overqualified for her role as the fretting wife). Hockey sequences are well staged and edited, with the climax appropriately thrilling.
Rated 10 Feb 2021
I am not a fan of sport movies but spoken historic event is so magical, that it was must to watch. I was 6 when the Olympic tournament was on and it was kind of nice to relive this even when the propaganda factor was annoying.
Rated 27 Nov 2020
'80+Newstyle+knewteamrightaway+exolympian+bebestconditioned+sovietsbodyNHLallstars+KwasreplacedweekbeforeUSwongold+sovietsbodythemprematch+win-2dayslaterbeatFinlandforgold
Rated 13 May 2020
A technically pristine, yet totally sterile and formulaic sports film. It really hits you when one of the team members says "we're a family!" just how much it feels like they aren't. Kurt Russell as the troubled hardass coach is the only character truly explored, and the political strife and tension of the time is treated with kid gloves. The actual hockey scenes, though, are filmed and edited pretty magnificently.
Rated 17 Jan 2020
I saw this film around the time it came out on DVD, and thought ... yep, it's alright. I'm not a hockey fan, but I enjoyed it. I can't say I ever gave it much thought, but it's on Disney+, so I watched it again. This is a pretty great film. It's inspiring without being schmaltzy. A really solid sports film.
Rated 20 Jan 2019
A pretty enjoyable watch despite its formulaic approach to sports underdog stories, thanks mostly to a good performance by Russell.
Rated 15 Nov 2018
It follows all the tropes of a sports-story to a fault but reading into the actual story of what happened in that fateful Winter Olympic Games, I found it was a trope-ridden story down to the almost complete implausibility of the outcome. Kurt Russell is the obvious star here and he, at times, carries this thing on his back.
Rated 28 Nov 2012
Run of the mill tv movie.
Rated 04 Apr 2017
Kurt Russell is really good in the lead performance in this film. However there are no other really interesting characters in the film. The script is average and there is not a lot here that we have not seen any countless other sports films. Overall this film is disappointing.
Rated 21 Nov 2016
overrated. It doesn't get to be among the best sports movies ever just because it is based on an all time sports moment
Rated 04 Feb 2016
Fine performances all around, but the american patriotism is a bit too much. *Okay
Rated 01 Mar 2014
Soooooooooo clihce but was still a fun watch if you like sports movies.
Rated 24 May 2013
Generic feel-good sports movie. The sporting achievement is considerably more interesting than the nationalistic aspect, but the whole movie is structured as expected. Russell is pretty good I guess.
Rated 18 Nov 2008
*punches man who starts slow clap sequence*
Rated 08 Jan 2013
I think this is a great inspirational story. It's a really good sports movie and wonderfully made.
The story is so well known the movie didn't add a lot.
good story
I realized as I watched this film that I was too young in 1980 to appreciate the signficance of what happened. This movie made me realize why heart, guts, determination, and hard work are far more important than talent.
what can i say, i love hockey movies and this might be the best ever made
if you like hockey and don't care much for ruskies this flick is for you
Good lord, no... so, so corny. And I'm a big Hockey fan. Sure, Russell did a good job, but there was no way he was saving this crap. Make hockey films about Canada, leave the States out of it.
Loved it! Lots of heart and lots of enthusiasm from these young actors. Highly recommended to all.
Sometimes a film comes along, and no matter how many times you watch it and even though you know the outcome, it gives you chills. Miracle combines one of America's greatest sports moments with Kurt Russell's most oustanding performance to solidify itself at the top of any movie lover's list.
Movie, or inspirational commercial?
Good sports movie. Most of the characters don't stand out at all but that isn't the point of the movie.
not bad. your standard sports tearjerker. nothing special but well played and well done enough to give it a look. i think this will mean more to people who saw this event themselves as opposed to youngins like me.
Definitely now in my Top 10 Sports films... Kurt Russell deserved some nominations for his work in this one...
Rated 27 Mar 2007
They showed this movie to us as part of staff orientation on this job I had back in college. At the end my boss asked us who we played for. America was not the right answer in this case.
Rated 21 Mar 2007
Mighty Ducks 3.1
Rated 07 Mar 2007
It's an okay film, but I just can't but feel as though it seems that Disney is trying just a little too hard to milk what they can from inspirational sports films following the success of Remember the Titans.
Rated 26 Jan 2007
Surprisingly good. Apparently the speech at the end was really said by the coach to the team which the movie is based off of.
Rated 06 Jul 2009
great hockey action, emotional, and kurt russell was great.
Hockey fans should also have a reason to rejoice, as Miracle is one of the best to cover the sport with respect, instead of fodder for lowbrow comedy.
It was more exciting in real life.
Rated 26 Oct 2007
This movie was great. The mixing of old footage with the modern telling is a great combination. I enjoyed it a lot.
Rated 19 Nov 2007
I love hockey, and I remember this event well. I was seven years old. It has always stayed with me.
Rated 20 Jan 2008
Kurt Russell powers a pretty darn good sports history lesson.
Rated 26 Jan 2008
Its just a sport, and you know the ending, but you will still tear up.
Rated 12 Jun 2008
Kurt Russel gives an amazing performance in this movie, which is as uplifting and fun as sports movies get. Too bad nobody has come up with a creative way to photography hockey, though.
Rated 18 Jul 2008
If you to see this movie without "patriotic eyes", will see that he is not so good so and that it has not anything of new, super cliche. But if you are an American, probably it will be touched by the events and will find a great movie.
Rated 14 Oct 2008
awesome
Rated 27 Oct 2008
As an American hockey player I can honestly say this was one of the most inspiring moments in our sport's history. This movie was well made as well, a decent depiction of the events.
Rated 05 Nov 2008
This movie told amazing story about the historic USA team. I enjoyed almost everything about this movie. i love how they all came together to play for one coach no matter where they came from.
Rated 19 Jan 2007
Surprisingly weak version of an uplifiting story we all know. A bit slow and short on exciting gameplay, it takes so long to get us to the point we all know it is going that the upset is almost an afterthought. Concentrated too much onthe coach, whose personal story was not as interesting as the team as a whole and the world geoplotical ramifications of the win. Nice casting of real players, solid directing.
Rated 28 Mar 2009
Great movie
Rated 30 Mar 2009
inspiring and thrilling story of the "miracle on ice".............
Rated 02 May 2009
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES? YES!!!