Ocean's Twelve

Ocean's Twelve

2004

Rated 15 May 2020
This heist movie is too busy. I can follow one heist, maybe even two, but three heists?! Who do you think I am Danny Ocean?
Rated 19 Dec 2006
Not as satisfying as Ocean's Eleven, felt like it was slapped together rather haphazardly and wastes whatever charm its actors command. The movie fumbles all over itself trying to work in one "twist" after another, and stretches believability beyond the breaking point. The characters are impossibly cool and impossibly intuitive and always six steps ahead of each other. Needed more heist, less twist.
Rated 16 Feb 2010
Hey it's me Matt Damon! *pans camera slowly across face* and me George Clooney *focuses on his smirk* and hey don't forget about me! *camera moves over to Don Cheadle*
Rated 04 Mar 2008
I think my favorite of the Ocean's trilogy, due in no small part to the European location and the fact that Linus gets his big moment here!
Wonderfully meta sequel with a slack plot grafted onto many delightful scenes of the mismatched characters learning to tolerate each other poorly. Everything with Julia Roberts is painful, though.
Rated 05 Aug 2015
The great style from the first film is still present here in the artsy titles, delicious dialogue, and rambunctious soundtrack, but the substance is different: There's more comedy and humbling mishaps (the Julia Roberts scene is great), but there are also more characters (an overload), and a disappointing lack of actual heists considering the wealth of other plot material that's jammed in. It's a bit of a messy story, with a weak climax to boot, but the film still doesn't fail to entertain.
Rated 04 Jul 2009
Messy but watchable film that is weaker than the other two in the series.
Rated 22 Jan 2007
I liked Ocean's 11 but this one was pretty ridiculous and stupid. It's cool to see all the A-listers in one movie though.
Rated 17 Mar 2008
While I think I like the heist of the first one better (as far as the "how'd they do that!?") I like the dynamics of the friendships best in this one! So funny the friendship between Clooney and Pitt, and the larger role of Damon is hilarious!! The ending is great and surprising, and the European theme is delightful! Great, great fun!!
Rated 02 Feb 2015
Not a terrible movie altogether, yet its a huge step down from its predecessor. Trading tense crime for straight comedy, this movie feels a little less charming, but some of the comedy actually hits oddly enough. And the all-star cast is still really good, despite feeling a little crowded. Not horrible. Nowhere near Oceans 11.
Rated 18 Mar 2007
Entertaining star-studded affair. Enjoyable yet nothing special when it really comes down to it.
Rated 24 Feb 2012
The first hour I was genuinely enjoying myself. It's casual, cool, lighthearted, kinda fun. But yeah, it's hard not to get annoyed at the essentially useless second half and the terrible twists. Everything with Julia Roberts was awful. Zeta-Jones does magical things to my pants.
Rated 08 Dec 2009
1/5
Rated 19 Jun 2007
Well it's got a great soundtrack and some humourous moments but the heist dragged out a bit and eventually you find out that the heist that dragged out was really undone by an even bigger heist (making the entire dragged out heist feel like a waste of time). With that said it's still a fun and entertaining film for the most part, just the original was better.
Rated 01 Jul 2007
The first was cold and calculated fun, focused entirely on the heist. This one is the polar opposite, letting this cadre of famous people sit around bullshitting with each other, with the heist almost as an afterthought. It's excellent, and nearly endlessly rewatchable.
Rated 12 Feb 2012
The cast thought it would be fun to work together again, and I'm sure it was. None of it translates to the film.
You should worry about a remake of a classic. You should run for your life when the remake gets a sequel.
Rated 05 Feb 2009
Self-indulgent tripe that would have benefited from more Don Cheadle, a different writer and less coincidental occurrences.
Rated 17 Apr 2017
Slow in parts compared to the first, and the climax of the film is a bit of a letdown after the buildup to the big heist.
Rated 19 Nov 2016
I swear I saw this, but I remember almost nothing about it. That can't be good.
Rated 25 Jun 2010
indulgent& confusing
a little self indulgent at times
Not nearly as good as the first one but some clever dialog and a nice plot twist make this watchable.
Rated 14 May 2021
This is barely a heist movie...it's like a movie vaguely about heists. No appreciation for the genre whatsoever. And it's not like these movies are supposed to have standout character stories so if you don't have an elaborate robbery, what else do you have left, really?
Rated 08 Jul 2010
Fucking around in europe at studio expense: The Movie
Rated 06 Jun 2011
Julia Roberts' character trying to do a con where she is impersonating the actress Julia Roberts? Three writers and you couldn't come up with a better idea than that?
Rated 27 Nov 2006
One of those odd movies where enjoying the original doesn't translate into a direct love of the sequel. Seems like all the actors put their own spins on the characters this time around and some act completely different (Damon for example). Not quite as clever as the first, would've been better suited focusing on one big heist like the original instead of many smaller ones, and the ending just kind of left the whole movie feeling empty, purposeless. Hopefully 13 can bring back the magic of 11.
Rated 30 Nov 2006
Not as good as the first one, but again fun to watch.
Way too full of itself, but it's actually not bad. The heist is actually pretty interesting, but it would have been better if it had been better explained.
Rated 19 Jan 2010
It just does not make sense. Does not hold together. Good acting.
Rated 02 Feb 2007
What happens when a truckload of egos try to sleepwalk through a film without a script or a clue what they are doing? This lazy monstrosity waste of time, that's what. Script THEN talent Steve.
Rated 15 Feb 2007
less perfect no2
Rated 20 Feb 2007
Loved the cast and the twists in the tale...besides the appeal to the criminal in me
Rated 01 May 2012
Nowhere near as good as the predecessor.
Rated 19 Sep 2008
not as good as the first and third one
Rated 17 Mar 2008
This was terrable. I had high expectations from the first one and this just missed the mark
Rated 15 May 2007
for the funny French man acrobatics music
Rated 24 May 2007
Self-indulgent nonsense
Rated 26 May 2007
Did we really need another one?
Rated 14 Mar 2008
Saw this in theatres on opening night, and when the final switcheroo went down, I was livid that I'd actually spent money on "this shite". Having now seen it several times more, I can say that this movie is a lot more entertaining than I initially gave it credit for. Gets better and better each time I see it. The dialog is great, as is the music. Knowing that the ending is a disappointment, I don't hate the movie for it.
Rated 25 Jul 2007
pretty bad. It's like the production staff and actors were just fucking around the whole time, Laughing at how funny they are.
Rated 05 Aug 2007
More or less enjoyable, although it's thoroughly self-indulgent, meandering, and ultimately pointless.
Rated 09 Aug 2007
A very disappointing sequel that meanders without a clear goal or the flash and buzz of Vegas in the background. I'm sure the cast and crew had some fun, but it hardly comes out in the movie at all.
Rated 25 Nov 2009
Good look trying to hear the dialogue over all the extremely loud "background" music.
Rated 11 Jul 2009
A somewhat entertaining mess.
Rated 26 Aug 2008
Wow it really is a 12....
Rated 18 Aug 2014
Too long - the ending saved it.
Okay, not nearly as good as the first one
Kept my interest well, good character interaction. Well directed.
but I ADORE the music
Rated 02 Jul 2012
Dull. The parts with actual heist planning/doing are decent, but the rest is sooo boring. The jokes and irony are not entertaining either.
terrible
The cast is always good, but the plot struggled.
Meh. Didn't have the same feeling of the first one. The concept seemed played out and contrived. Well acted, but I just didn't care much for it.
Rated 09 Jan 2012
Pretty underwhelming.
Rated 21 Nov 2016
significant dropoff from the first
Not as good as the original. Too slapstick. Not a bad movie by any means, but I didn't think it was that great.
Or maybe it's not that fun to see so many moviestars in one movie. This is an example of sloppy self-indulgence. A jumpled mess that never adds up to anything more than a waste of money and talent.
Rated 08 Dec 2023
Mediocre film with big movie stars. I rather prefer great movie with mediocre cast. Sequels are usually weak in some ways. This movie has awful script and musical score didn't really match with the vibe. Film still beats some other sequels easily.
Rated 04 Jan 2012
The second in this franchise definitely took a step back. The whole Julia Roberts playing Julia Roberts scene, with special appearance by Bruce Willis, was dreadful.
Rated 26 Jul 2015
It starts out alright, and admittedly there are a few good laughs, but then it just completely loses it. The last hour I was struggling to keep on watching, it was so bad. The plotline spreads into like ten parts, and in the main one you don't really get why Cassel is setting them up to fuck them up. Ugh, why bother to explain. It's fun for 30 minutes, then shit.
Rated 26 Jan 2009
GREAT cast. Hate all the "remakes" or retries by other directors.
Rated 02 Aug 2010
I liked it, ok?!! Whyever, I'm not sure, but I liked it. As good as the original and twice as good as part 3.
Rated 19 Jan 2011
Not as good as the first, but fun to watch.
I liked the first one, this one, not so much.
this is one ocean you should cross if your bored.
Rated 10 Mar 2022
Bexinvestigatinghim/them/messingwithhim+compwithguytostealthing+JRdisguiseasJRlolwillisrecognizeetc+madeVthinkhewon+Bbringsextohersuperthieffather i barely paid attention and could prob like it more on a diff say so maybe 60
Rated 10 Apr 2013
This was a movie that really failed at what the Ocean's series was about. It's not in America, there's really no heist, and you find out in the end that there was never a heist at all. They were always going to win. A gimmick of a film with a love interest that is just annoying. I love the actors, but the script just called this one dead before the cameras ever started filming.
Rated 17 Sep 2009
I wasn't a fan of the holograph or the hokie Julia Roberts plot, but even though the twist makes you feel as though you wasted two hours, the actors and the soundtrack make up for this movie's downfalls.
Rated 21 Jan 2009
I thought this actually beats the first movie in brilliance of plot and overall fun of the film.
Rated 14 Jul 2018
It's okay. The fast paced direction and quips remain from the first, except the plot is more outrageous and the cast seems less interested than the previous.
Rated 28 Jul 2018
Another morally bankrupt movie from Hollywood. The plot is idiotic and unbelievable. It's clever only inasmuch as the audience is left in a state of ignorance about 50% of what characters actually do. It would be just like making a prison escape movie and saying at the end "Gotcha! I could walk through walls the whole time!" And oh, the misogyny. As in the first, the woman has to be conquered. And you can lie to her all you want, if you succeed in you con-job, she'll fall in your arms, right?
Doesn't work nearly as well as Oceans 11.
not as good as the first...but entertaining
Rated 28 Feb 2022
It might be a bit of a repeat of the first one, but damn if it isn't entertaining, cool and suave. The laser sequence by itself grants it ten points.
Rated 15 Jul 2009
Simply put, the worst sequel of all time. No one should ever pretend to be themselves in a movie, I am looking at you Ms. Roberts. Also the plot was convoluted and quite lame.
Rated 26 Feb 2008
Rubbish. Too slick for its own good.
It reminds me of my 9th grade mandatory speech class: tolerable, but unnecessary.
Pretty bad stuff, the cast is the only real saving grace.
Rated 07 Jun 2011
Pretty average. The twist at the end completely negated the entire film to that point, and the film really went off the deep end when Julia Roberts' character portrayed....Julia Roberts? Come on.
Rated 17 Sep 2009
Not the movie anyone wanted to see as a followup to Ocean's Eleven.
Rated 21 Jun 2008
Ludicrous follow up to the decent remake. The cast are enjoying themselves at the audience's expense, and they know it. Dumb.
Rated 17 Feb 2008
After the success of Ocean's 11 it seems that the production team became somewhat lazy in light of a newfound success. Holding much less interest than the first and taking longer to develop into anything substancial, it loses much of its charm before the heist really begins at all. Somehow the setting seems misplaced as well, with the multitude of heist activities failing to work as it should. It just seems to proove that overconfidence during production is never a good thing.
Rated 25 Aug 2007
Doesn't come close to the original. But for cast alone it's worth a look.
Rated 25 Aug 2007
Not as good as the first one, but watchable.Has its funny moments and plot goofs.
Rated 18 Sep 2020
what the fuck?! how could you not like this? why would you give this a rating it definitely doesn't deserve? Is that your idea of making a contribution? We haven't even started - we haven't even gotten to the terms yet. We were THIS close to losing that. Okay, I don't even understand WHAT HAPPENED?! You called his niece a whore! Oh, my God!
Rated 03 Dec 2014
(2nd viewing)
Rated 14 Jan 2017
The gang is back in this sequel to the remake of Ocean's Eleven. While I thoughroughly enjoyed Ocean's Eleven this movie seems to be more of a cash in than a fun continuation of the heist formula that was fun in the first movie. The cast is just as good as the first time around. Don Cheadle's accent is still terrible. I still enjoy that the Chinese guys speaks Chinese and everybody seems to just know what he is saying without any attempt to explain how. Lightning doesn't strike twice...
Rated 14 Jun 2008
okay
Rated 18 Aug 2009
Tries to directly replicate its predecessor; succeeds to an extent, forgetting that we have seen this all before and will only be interested by it just the once. An all-star ensemble does nothing to bolster it.
Rated 15 Sep 2007
Muddled, mainly towards the end, but the film is still cool, slick, and fun to observe.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
This movie was not anywhere near as good as the original.
Rated 01 Jul 2020
The Julia Roberts thing was cool though.
Rated 02 Oct 2013
Rated 07 Dec 2008
My favorite Ocean's movie. Twist ending. All star cast is truly engrossing.
Rated 01 Aug 2010
Not a good movie, as has been acknowledged by pretty much everyone involved. It was an excuse to get together and have fun. Nevertheless, the cast still has great chemistry, resulting in some fun moments.
Rated 04 Dec 2008
Nowhere near as good as Oceans 11, nor the original film. However, it is watchable stuff.
Rated 26 Nov 2007
Decent for what it is, but could never touch how good Ocean's 11 was. It was ok until the climax, which looked like it was pieced together by a bunch of amatures. I don't know, if you want a good movie about stealing high value crap, go watch Entrapment or something.
Rated 08 Dec 2007
i don't even remember this one, can't have been good
Rated 26 Mar 2011