2019
The true story of a British whistleblower who leaked information to the press about an illegal NSA spy operation designed to push the UN Security Council into sanctioning the 2003 invasion of Iraq. (imdb)

2019

Rated 10 Jan 2020
Give me a seriously-crafted, well-performed dramatization of a previously-unknown-to-me real story, and you'll have me almost every time. This is no different. I can't call this anything less than the best Keira Knightley I've ever seen; even in subtle moments, her facials and body language conveyed a depth of performance I, frankly, wasn't sure she still had in her. Short on excess but with tension and intrigue in spades, it's a significant step up for Gavin Hood from 2015's "Eye In The Sky".
Rated 27 Jan 2020
Good cast, interesting story. Worth a look.
Rated 12 Jan 2021
this type of films hardly achieve anything other than a dramatization of significant political events - the question of "how" is answered in its most basic form while the inherent debates about the issues involves are left behind since they are too complicated or controversial. official secrets' advantage is relying on a won argument. but unlike small tricks of directing and editing, script fails as the dialogue is almost always directed at the viewer rather than spoken between characters.
Rated 02 Feb 2022
Fairly clunky execution, and Keira Knightley does better in spunkier roles, but a good watch about a significant buried story.
Rated 29 Jun 2020
limited hangout trash
Rated 14 Nov 2020
Finely crafted piece of British history with good performances all around. Yay for Keira!
Rated 12 Dec 2020
Too little too late as for the information provided, but still pretty amusing to watch. I think Knightley plays the role well. Kind of slow paced though
Rated 26 Aug 2020
I would have watched another 100 minutes of this movie. This made me aware of how much I love nicely threaded plots of political scandals.
Rated 23 Jan 2020
Gizli sırlar ortaya dökülürse. ABD'nin Irak'ta kimyasal silahlar olmadığını öğrenen BM görevlisi, bilgiyi basına yayınlıyor. BM savaşa sokmamak için elinden geleni yapan The Observer gazetesi, ülkelerin kafasını karıştırıyor. Bilginin güvenli olduğunu araştırıp, bir yandan da ufak bir hatayla bir hiçe dönüşmesi de trajik. Katherine Gan'ın azimli kararıyla doğrular çıkıyor. Hukuk mücadelesini de kazanıyor. Savaşa hayır. Bir Türk'e aşık oldum.
Rated 01 Dec 2019
Enough dramatic depth for a Rolling Stone article at most. Pointless, bland, and incredibly cowardly. Shows no vulnerability and takes no one to dramatic extremes. The good guys are good and the bad guys are bad. Skip the film and read the Wikipedia article.
Rated 28 Dec 2019
A fantastic, possibly career-topping performance by Knightley & a great supporting cast beside her combine with a tightly-paced, sharply written & highly engaging script to create one of the best political thrillers in recent times, & one that covers a story which needed covering. Gun's heated brush with the government is gripping, dramatic, & easy to invest in, and it's about impossible to not root for her. Very worth a watch, it's one of 2019's best.
Rated 20 Nov 2019
A competent, if unremarkable dramatization of an interesting story that I wasn't familiar with.
Rated 05 Jan 2020
Tightly made, gripping and featuring a handful of great performances. Can be slow paced at times, however.
Rated 30 Oct 2019
Fairly straight forward storytelling - but still makes an impact.
Rated 01 May 2020
It's a decent movie but 10 years too late
Rated 21 Oct 2020
Knightley does one of her better performances in this one but it gets a little boring at points and would probably been more enjoyable if had been released and watched closer to the actual events.