2021
Action
An action western about a farmer who takes in an injured man with a satchel of cash. When a posse comes for the money, he must decide who to trust. Defending a siege, he reveals a gunslinging talent calling his true identity into question.

2021
Action

Rated 24 Sep 2022
Take the first five minutes of No Country for Old Men, add a dollop of Unforgiven, stick it into Oklahoma in 1906 and you get Old Henry. A nice little low budget Western that I wanted to like more. It has a great setup, solid acting and a gritty tone that lends a strong feeling of realism...but the second half reveal feels forced and unnecessary, the film makers adding an element of cheese that undoes their earlier good work. Still worth a watch, Tim Blake Nelson is excellent.
Rated 09 Oct 2021
What a fantastic classic. It’s like having breakfast with your old man over a few cups of coffee. I can say that I was impressed by Potsy Ponciroli’s work. Tim Blake Nelson deserves the credit for his fabulous performance. He is a main event star and he literally carries the entire movie on his back. Damn. Great acting. He showed the legend of old school well rounded Henry to Western fans in the best way possible. Solid weekend movie
Rated 26 Oct 2021
I was looking forward to Old Henry, but I didn't expect the movie to be this fucking good. It was like a western version of A History of Violence. I was curious, excited, touched and impressed while watching it. The twist and shoot-out scene in the finale was perfect. Tim Blake Nelson is flawless.
Rated 20 Jan 2022
These slow burn modern westerns scratch a certain itch that I find very satisfying. This one, in particular, is an excellent character piece that allows Tim Blake Nelson to fully lose himself in a complicated role. The payoff is excellent and with the drama being fairly simple.
Rated 19 Mar 2024
TBN & Dorff are great here. A real meat and potatoes slice of "western" life at the turn of the 20th century. Great acting w a tiny budget from the two main leads. The son was a bit of a miss for me, but small gripe. Competently made and told. 7.0
Rated 30 Apr 2023
Sakin bir hayatı seçen Billy the kid, banka soyguncuların hesaplaşması in ortasında buluyor kendini ve ailesini. İstemesede silahını topraktan çıkarıp ateş etmek zorunda kalıyor.
Rated 10 Feb 2024
Not the most memorable film ever, since I watched it a year ago and forgot to review it here. The set-up works fine enough, establishing some tension, and from that initial concept the film could go either way -- it unfortunately goes in a bad direction and doesn't land. The young dude was so dreadful, he sometimes made me laugh, though maybe he was just miscast.
Rated 29 Dec 2023
This movie was fantastic and perfectly paced- you’ll find yourself rooting for Old Henry.
Rated 07 Mar 2023
Its attempts to go beyond the action western siege stuff are hit and miss and the title character's mythologization also looks flat, but Tim Blake Nelson is just too good to let this fail and the gunfights deliver the goods when things were starting to look boring.
Rated 13 Oct 2022
eng; [old henry]; auf der einsamen ranch wird ein verletzter mann gefunden, welcher viel geld bei sich trägt - doch nachdem er gesund gepflegt ist müssen der farmer und sein sohn waffengeschick beweisen.; (runde stimmung);
Rated 22 Sep 2022
Film olması gerektiği gibiydi. İyi bir western az bulunuyor artık ve iyi bir western, bir kadeh pinot noir gibidir. Mest eder izlerken. Old Henry de mest etti zaten.
Rated 26 Jun 2022
This is an ok Western film - its a bit slow to build plot wise at first but its good once the action starts - there's some quickfire action certainly. There's a mysterious feel to it, though not too much substance overall I suppose. Its not one of the best Westerns but its not awful either. I wouldn't particularly recommend it as such, no.
Rated 04 May 2022
This is the proof that quality modern westerns does exists! And it's all down to Tim Blake Nelson remarkable portrayal of Old Henry (2021), or you know who. Apart from the reveal, the plot was a basic western trope done right, carried excellently by the loner ambiance and gritty visual style. This is how you make a western these days!
Rated 07 Jun 2022
It's a "You messed with the wrong man" movie. I tend like them.
Rated 03 Mar 2022
Premium western
Rated 20 Dec 2021
(UNFORNELSON)
Rated 28 Nov 2021
okay movie
Rated 30 Oct 2021
I really liked the performance of Tim Blake Nelson as Old Henry the mature retired gunslinger now a farmer raising his teenage boy. The writers added a totally unnecessary twist on his identity at the end that subtracted from. Also, there were several disingenuous moments at the gunfight thrown in to increase the drama that also subtracted from it. Overall, despite the big flaws it has good characters and was exciting and fun to watch. Worthwhile.
Rated 29 Oct 2021
Cliché
Rated 14 Oct 2021
A nice little western. Watching Tim Blake Nelson is always a treat.
Rated 10 Oct 2021
Low budget, revisionist in a sneaky kind of way (it's not Unforgiven, but somehow it is), not as literate as it would like to be, this finally comes down as a fun shoot-out piece - especially the players make it work, meaning also that I liked the twist.
Rated 10 Oct 2021
This is one western I can really get behind. It's short, sharp and brutal, with gorgeous cinematography that really captures the harsh landscape and living conditions of the time, and Tim Blake Nelson's stoic performance is truly captivating. It's a simple tale told well, and is grounded in reality at every step, with some nice attention to detail and authentic seeming touches throughout. And as if all that weren't enough the first half is an absolute masterclass in tension building.
Rated 27 Feb 2022
A poster child for independent filmmaking; you don't need fancy effects, huge sets, and a superstar line to make an excellent movie. Languorous in the beginning intentionally and presents itself as easy to guess, it just explodes in a while with crazy good acting, a very well-set "Siege" setting, and a very cool twist, that confirms your initial predictions, but not in the manner you expected.
Rated 08 Dec 2021
It's suspenseful and has nice performances and production values. But it's a fantasy, like so many others before it; cheesy, platitudinal, full of contrivances and convenient coincidences. I half-expected more medical accuracy in this day and age, but while people tend to get one-shot in old westerns, this takes the more modern route where everyone's a bullet-sponge and blood loss has few discernible effects.