2013
Romance, Suspense/Thriller
A thief with a unique code of professional ethics is double-crossed by his crew and left for dead. Assuming a new disguise and forming an unlikely alliance with a woman on the inside, he looks to hijack the score of the crew's latest heist. (imdb)

The latest Jason Statham shoot em up, he plays a professional thief going after the crew who screwed him over and left him for dead. When Statham is doing his thing it's pretty good with a couple of brutal fights, but all the boring crap with J-Lo threatens to grind the middle of the film to a complete halt. Her character is pointless, stupid and annoying...seriously, every time she opened her mouth I wanted to punch her fucking teeth out. Also, Nick Nolte looks like he died 5 years ago.
Loved the stupid flashbacks to the opening scene "OH RIGHT THOSE WERE THE BAD GUYS I FORGOT !!!" It's not boring I GUESS. I really liked Statham's Texan accent and wish he kept that stupid thing going for the entire movie.
Runs slightly longer than it has a right to. J-Lo does well enough in her role, unfortunately it's a role that's not written to do much at all for the story and writing her out would have improved the pace.
A good crime flick and an about average Statham one (I'm a fan). Main problem with it is that Parker isn't very Parker-like. Not cold enough or ruthless enough by miles. If you want to read about Parker's many exploits there are 24 Parker novels written by Donald Westlake under the pen name Richard Stark. The Hunter, written in 1962 is the first of them, and it was also the basis of the 1967 movie Point Blank, staring Lee Marvin. Mel Gibson's Payback (1999) was a remake of that. Watch them!
This was a film that seemed to have a certain amount of potential to be one of the better Statham-flicks. In the end, it's not. It's too long, the romantic angle was really weird and unrewarding, and in the end I'm not sure what I'm left with. The plot seems to be a mesh of random elements haphazardly thrown together. Really not worth anyone's time, despite the obvious draws like Statham being Statham. Oh, and the relatively frequently used flashbacks were surreally unnecessary.

Submitted bytoro913toro913 on 06 Nov 2012