0 rankings

Patriots Day ()

Your Rating

Summary: An account of Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis's actions in the events leading up to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and the aftermath, which includes the city-wide manhunt to find the terrorists behind it. (imdb)

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Patriots Day belongs to 6 collections
1. Films available in HD (public: moderated by kubricksucks - 12 stars)
2. Terrorism (public: moderated by doganay - 2 stars)
3. NBR Top 10 Films (public: moderated by xacviant - 1 star)
4. -On My Radar (public: moderated by KasperL - 1 star)
5. 89th Academy Reminder List (2016) (public: moderated by cowfrappe - 1 star)
6. 2017 (private: sproost)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Apr 16 pengal pengal
38T4
Apr 16 McJohnson
80T5
Good acting, tense and thrilling second half. Far too long.
Apr 13 CStewart64
11T6
W3E1P2S1V1M1A1R1. As good as Lone Survivor and Deep Water Horizon. Not as visually striking as the latter and not as action-packed as the former, but more heart than either, without overdoing it (with maybe one or two brief exceptions). Don't love the insistence on having a fake composite character just to give it an "everyman" perspective, especially since (as in DWH) there were ostensibly likable players (like Kevin Bacon's FBI agent) who actually were involved throughout.
Apr 12 alikocaali alikocaali
Apr 10 Sumnjiv Sumnjiv
49T1
Apr 10 Ritteh
85T9
Who was peeling those onions when I watched this?
Apr 09 aref
Mar 20 Octave Octave
39T2
Mar 19 cagedwisdom cagedwisdom
75T7
Surprisingly good, the quasi-documentary techniques work really well and it's actually a pretty nuanced take on something that could have every easily been gung-ho. That said, the buildup was pretty boring and at the very end I just wished it had been a documentary all along.
Mar 19 Eglaia Eglaia
55T3
One of those rare ones where liberties taken from the truth are handled well and for the sake of the movie. Although a tid bit too long, it does keep you at the edge of your seat, even though you know what will happen. So, good to decent film about the event and its aftermath.
Mar 19 OscarAzad
15T2
Mar 18 arrow_s arrow-s
72T7
Mar 18 medinavi medinavi
78T6
Mar 18 Vassago Vassago
73T7
Peter Berg is such a great action movie director. Love his movies, always delivers well.
Mar 18 calinki calinki
Feb 27 mwalawender
85T6
Feb 27 mwgerb mwgerb
60T7
Peter Berg is weirdly good at making movies where Marky Mark lives out modern American history.
Feb 27 moviegirl17
85T9
Feb 27 pietias231 pietias231
62T3
Feb 26 NonyaBeezWax
45T4
Feb 26 Neonman Neonman
84T8
About as great as a film could be about this attack. There's a professionalism all round at portraying the different character perspectives in this superbly crafted dramatisation, that keeps up the tension through each incredible moment (even if they're portrayed as more explosive than the actual events). This is all done similarly to United 93, making me wonder if Peter Berg is the next Paul Greengrass. Watching this alone at the cinemas was a great way to spend Valentine's Day
Feb 24 ledgehead
85T5
Feb 23 Barraoc Barraoc
80T9
The powerful, at times intense, true-story of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. The real life footage worked well, as did the interviews at the end with some of those involved.
Feb 22 karlson karlson
Feb 21 carvalhinho carvalhinho
70T7
Feb 21 zwyk
63T4
Peter Berg is capable of telling very dynamic stories, with great edition and pace; but there usually is too much melodrama in his movies (through the soundtrack and every other attempt to a certain sentimental appeal), Patriots Day is no exception in this style, but it's probably the Berg's movie that it's not constantly present. Berg is great at telling visual stories, and his movies are very entertaining, but he'll only make a really great movie the day he gives up on sentimentalism.
Feb 20 sproost sproost
Feb 08 pntjr
9T9
Feb 08 DAND Leonardis
94T9
Patriots Day manages to tell it's real-life story and events without getting into action thriller territory. The movie knows what it is and uses that to its advantage. The script either keeps you interested or on edge and the shootouts and bombing scenes are pretty intense and I think Peter Berg has found what he's good with script and cast-wise. The performances are all quite good and everyone shines at least once. It also gave me a new kind of respect for the police force. Needs to be viewed.
Feb 07 Smatthew
8T6
Feb 06 hsncomert hsncomert
20T1
Feb 06 bal3x bal3x
65T6
Feb 06 Ippei
70T6
It's certainly heavy-handed in its approach, and some of the scenes and elements of the film are placed there to draw that emotion out of you. It's not a bad thing though, with a solid cast and the use of real footage interlaced, the emotion is real and warranted, and the action is very good. It'll certainly make you feel proud and respect those involved in this tragedy, and in that regard, it does a great job.
Feb 05 ludvigsen ludvigsen
50T3
Feb 04 Jorg
Feb 04 areoharewhy
16T7
Feb 03 PUNQ
60T9
This would have been a perfect fit for a 90 minute true life action film having such spectacular source material to work with. But naturally they had to drag things out adding a lot of waiting around so they could go past the 2 hour limit. Still enjoyed the chase and the whole crazy event. Kind of like a brain dead B-action film except this shit actually happened!
Feb 03 Asgarth NhanLa
Jan 30 nlgb1
71T5
Jan 29 robsolutely
89T10
We all know the story, which is why I thought I wouldn't like this film. However, it's very powerful when amazing directing and great actors interpret true events. It is refreshing when people actually care about their movie's message. Emotional rating 10/10. You might cry. We are all Bostonians after viewing Patriot's Day. And for the action fans, the shoot-out scene is awesome.
Jan 29 snogs snogs
Jan 20 mich8bsp mich8bsp
75T6
Jan 20 MontyCircus MontyCircus
40T5
Has its moments, but...what do we learn? What about the bombers? Where are they from? What motivated them? We barely even get their names. What I learned is, don't fall in love in Boston, or bad things happen to you.
Jan 19 mardikmartin mardikmartin
50T6
Jan 19 TheDude774
Jan 19 auhasarderik auhasarderik
7T6
Jan 19 nauru nauru
70T8
Excellent film with great production value, based on true events. Wahlberg, Simmons, Bacon and Goodman are as reliable as ever. And yet an unknown Chinese-American actor upstages them all. Even though you already know how it ends, this film has several intense scenes that I was not expecting, and was not even aware were part of the story. Oddly, if this were fiction, the writing would probably be criticized for being too hard to believe, the characters too unrealistic.
Jan 19 fakefeudal fakefeudal
Jan 17 ecalder ecalder
92T10
Jan 16 sinefilcocuk
6T5
Jan 16 LookJabba LookJabba...
7T6
Patriots Day is the latest terror related moment in recent history to be given the Hollywood treatment. And these types of films appear to have become more and more accepted and inevitable. Peter Berg looks to be the go to filmmaker out there right now to make these documentary styled dramas and tackle these true events on film. And Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman & J.K. Simmons are the standouts of a solid cast that make this a patriotically dramatic but thrilling and intense experience.
Jan 16 Jamie H.
46T3
Jan 16 donmezsefa donmezsefa
Jan 15 Jerky Jerky
75T10
One of the better "based on true events" films. This is also Peter Berg's best directorial effort, as he does something here that he didn't do in Deepwater Horizon....he takes time to unravel the story. I really liked the integration of real life footage, as it gave the film more of an impact.
Jan 15 inmate inmate
49T1
Jan 15 estragon
50T4
Jan 15 Charlie Charlie
Jan 15 Stewball Stewball
80T9
Yes, Whalberg's character is a composite, because nobody could be everywhere at once (but neither would they want to try to portray them all in a 2 hour movie), but that's the only place where reality is necessarily suspended. The details of the FBI investigation tracking them down are tense in themselves. And the battle in Watertown is incredible because it just keeps escalating in steps, while the interview with the bomber's wife is monumentally intense.
Jan 15 ibodirector ibodirector
66T5
Jan 14 outTake outTake
80T7
Jan 14 mg7film mg7film
30T4
Jan 14 kgbelliveau kgbelliveau
95T10
Yes it may be heavy on the American pride and patriotism but this was to be expected. It was a moment in time after 9/11 where things felt unsafe again after attempting to rebuild after those horrific events. It was a fantastic movie, grounded by the real life event that shook Boston and all of America. A fine film with stellar pacing, amazing direction and a cast that has some serious credibility behind them. There is much more to this film than just another Wahlberg hero flick.
Jan 14 CarsonWid
64T5
The third and final chapter of the 'Murica Trilogy...or is he just going to keep making movies like this from now on?
Jan 14 zevel6
58T6
Jan 14 wadalklakla wadalklakla
Jan 14 Ercan Ercan
5T4
Jan 14 ObiJuan27
25T2
★★½| It isn't a really terrible movie but I don't know if I can go as far as to say that I enjoyed it. I guess I enjoyed parts of it, particularly the dialogue, I thought that was pretty good (A+ banter). Most of the movie just feels very messy to me, "here are some Boston things, cause we're in Boston. Here're some good-natured people, they don't deserve what's about to happen to them. Here's some action. Now more Boston things, this guy's wearing a Celtics jersey...cause we're in Boston.
Jan 14 LesterGroans
61T2
Jan 13 FreddieQuell FreddieQuell
Jan 13 EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
72T2
Jan 13 Matthew_Parkinson Matthew Parkinson (The Escapist)
40T4
Jan 13 Bojangles Bojangles
25T1
Obviously it's not surprising that this movie offers no sense of reflection or food for thought whatsoever, but it's staggering to actually include a scene of dialogue that says: - 'so, do you think there's anything we can do to help prevent stuff like this [terrorism] from happening?' - 'No.' Apparently our only recourse is to bask in the warm fuzzies that emanate from our superiority over the "cowards." Terrorism exists, and while it's here we might as well take it for an ego trip.
Jan 12 WhatTheF WhatTheF
70T8
Berg has certainly found his exact niche with these dramatic "based-on-real-tragedy" films. Not as overall impressive as Deepwater Horizon, Patriot's Day gets the benefit of a more sympathetic story and the dazzling soundtrack of Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor.
Jan 12 BillyShears BillyShears
60T4
"Honey why are you talking like some hacky writers fantasy" . Marky Mark has to run the entire marathon and not slow down under 55 miles per hour or ridiculous Islamic cartoon villains will blow up Betty Crocker. As it is with these recent histploitation (whalberhistploitation) films they deleted the scene where I'm being played against type by Whoopi Golderg silently watching Scary Movie 5 in an almost empty theater feeling emptier because I spent money on it. Hashtag Whalbergstrong.
Jan 11 DancingP
63T4
Jan 03 ptravers2
6T6
There's no doubt about the worth of the movie as a well-earned tribute to the heroes and victims of a tragic event that may have just made Boston stronger.
Dec 23, 2016 filmcricket