0 rankings

Patriots Day ()

Your Rating

Summary: An account of Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis's actions in the events leading up to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and the aftermath, which includes the city-wide manhunt to find the terrorists behind it. (imdb)

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Patriots Day belongs to 3 collections
1. Terrorism (public: moderated by doganay - 2 stars)
2. -On My Radar (public: moderated by KasperL - 1 star)
3. 89th Academy Reminder List (2016) (public: moderated by cowfrappe - 1 star)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Jan 20 mich8bsp mich8bsp
75T6
Jan 20 MontyCircus MontyCircus
40T5
Has its moments, but...what do we learn? What about the bombers? Where are they from? What motivated them? We barely even get their names. What I learned is, don't fall in love in Boston, or bad things happen to you.
Jan 19 mardikmartin mardikmartin
50T6
Jan 19 TheDude774
70T2
Jan 19 auhasarderik auhasarderik
7T6
Jan 19 nauru nauru
70T8
Excellent film with great production value, based on true events. Wahlberg, Simmons, Bacon and Goodman are as reliable as ever. And yet an unknown Chinese-American actor upstages them all. Even though you already know how it ends, this film has several intense scenes that I was not expecting, and was not even aware were part of the story. Oddly, if this were fiction, the writing would probably be criticized for being too hard to believe, the characters too unrealistic.
Jan 19 fakefeudal fakefeudal
Jan 17 ecalder ecalder
92T10
Jan 16 sinefilcocuk
6T5
Jan 16 LookJabba LookJabba...
7T6
Patriots Day is the latest terror related moment in recent history to be given the Hollywood treatment. And these types of films appear to have become more and more accepted and inevitable. Peter Berg looks to be the go to filmmaker out there right now to make these documentary styled dramas and tackle these true events on film. And Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman & J.K. Simmons are the standouts of a solid cast that make this a patriotically dramatic but thrilling and intense experience.
Jan 16 Jamie H.
Jan 16 donmezsefa donmezsefa
60T5
Jan 15 Jerky Jerky
75T10
One of the better "based on true events" films. This is also Peter Berg's best directorial effort, as he does something here that he didn't do in Deepwater Horizon....he takes time to unravel the story. I really liked the integration of real life footage, as it gave the film more of an impact.
Jan 15 inmate inmate
49T1
Jan 15 estragon
50T4
Jan 15 Charlie Charlie
55T3
Jan 15 Stewball Stewball
80T9
Yes, Whalberg's character is a composite, because nobody could be everywhere at once (but neither would they want to try to portray them all in a 2 hour movie), but that's the only place where reality is necessarily suspended. The details of the FBI investigation tracking them down are tense in themselves. And the battle in Watertown is incredible because it just keeps escalating in steps, while the interview with the bomber's wife is monumentally intense.
Jan 15 ibodirector ibodirector
66T5
Jan 14 outTake outTake
80T7
Jan 14 mg7film mg7film
30T4
Jan 14 kgbelliveau kgbelliveau
95T10
Yes it may be heavy on the American pride and patriotism but this was to be expected. It was a moment in time after 9/11 where things felt unsafe again after attempting to rebuild after those horrific events. It was a fantastic movie, grounded by the real life event that shook Boston and all of America. A fine film with stellar pacing, amazing direction and a cast that has some serious credibility behind them. There is much more to this film than just another Wahlberg hero flick.
Jan 14 CarsonWid
64T5
The third and final chapter of the 'Murica Trilogy...or is he just going to keep making movies like this from now on?
Jan 14 zevel6
58T6
Jan 14 wadalklakla wadalklakla
60T5
Jan 14 Ercan Ercan
5T4
Jan 14 ObiJuan27
25T2
★★½| It isn't a really terrible movie but I don't know if I can go as far as to say that I enjoyed it. I guess I enjoyed parts of it, particularly the dialogue, I thought that was pretty good (A+ banter). Most of the movie just feels very messy to me, "here are some Boston things, cause we're in Boston. Here're some good-natured people, they don't deserve what's about to happen to them. Here's some action. Now more Boston things, this guy's wearing a Celtics jersey...cause we're in Boston.
Jan 14 LesterGroans
Jan 13 FreddieQuell FreddieQuell
77T7
Jan 13 EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
72T2
Jan 13 Matthew_Parkinson Matthew Parkinson (The Escapist)
40T4
Jan 13 Bojangles Bojangles
25T1
Obviously it's not surprising that this movie offers no sense of reflection or food for thought whatsoever, but it's staggering to actually include a scene of dialogue that says: - 'so, do you think there's anything we can do to help prevent stuff like this [terrorism] from happening?' - 'No.' Apparently our only recourse is to bask in the warm fuzzies that emanate from our superiority over the "cowards." Terrorism exists, and while it's here we might as well take it for an ego trip.
Jan 12 wokhedinn wokhedinn
70T8
Berg has certainly found his exact niche with these dramatic "based-on-real-tragedy" films. Not as overall impressive as Deepwater Horizon, Patriot's Day gets the benefit of a more sympathetic story and the dazzling soundtrack of Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor.
Jan 12 worrier worrier
20T2
Jan 12 BillyShears BillyShears
60T4
"Honey why are you talking like some hacky writers fantasy" . Marky Mark has to run the entire marathon and not slow down under 55 miles per hour or ridiculous Islamic cartoon villains will blow up Betty Crocker. As it is with these recent histploitation (whalberhistploitation) films they deleted the scene where I'm being played against type by Whoopi Golderg silently watching Scary Movie 5 in an almost empty theater feeling emptier because I spent money on it. Hashtag Whalbergstrong.
Jan 11 DancingP
63T4
Jan 03 ptravers2
6T6
There's no doubt about the worth of the movie as a well-earned tribute to the heroes and victims of a tragic event that may have just made Boston stronger.
Dec 23, 2016 filmcricket