0 rankings

Power Rangers ()

Your Rating

Summary: A group of high-school kids, who are infused with unique superpowers, harness their abilities in order to save the world.

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Power Rangers belongs to 9 collections
1. Superheroes (public: moderated by mpowell - 22 stars)
2. We Hate Movies podcast (public: moderated by NBD Rab - 3 stars)
3. Reboot (public: moderated by djross)
4. Power Rangers (public: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer)
5. Henshin Hero (public: moderated by Ununnilium)
8. 2017: Theatrical Watchlist (private: SageSledge)
9. 2017: Complete Watchlist (private: SageSledge)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
May 24 emrecogulu
40T1
May 21 PluggedIN
50T5
That kind of stuff might not bother a slightly balding fan showing up at the theater in a Comic-Con T-shirt. But when you add it to some intense superhero violence, you end up with a combination that could well be a deal-killer for parents of younger, would-be fans—the only other group, frankly, that might potentially find this pic entertaining.
May 19 skb2933
79T4
Apr 10 chiefg chiefg
Apr 10 CinemaAsia Cinema_Asia
60T4
This is the best bunch of cool Hollywood actors depicting high schoolers this year. What coke snorting exec wanted to reboot this silly ass franchise? It's two hours of bonding between genuinely irritating people with some mighty morphin' time at the end with a heavily made up elizabeth banks wearing a kinky brothel outfit. The action and emotional scenes are hilariously dumb but yet watchable. I got slightly misty eyed at the trials and tribulations of Billy's difficulty with assburgers.
Apr 09 Alucard979
27T2
Apr 09 fredericg54 frederic_g54
5T3
If I had to name two tv shows that defined my childhood, DragonBall Z and Sailor Mo... ahem... Power Rangers would sit comfortably at the top of that list. Unfortunately, this revamped adaptation of my favorite childhood superheroes was about as disappointing as that time I bought the Power Morpher at FAO Schwarz, shouted "It's morphin' time!" in front of my hotel mirror, only to receive a call from the front desk asking me to turn the tv volume down. Kimberly is still pretty hot though.
Apr 09 Kutz Kutz
60T3
It was surprisingly not a bad movie. The setting up is certainly too long and the interesting part too short, but it's not that bad. Some actors are overacting, but well, I spent an entertaining moment and that's good enough.
Apr 09 deanazhollis
90T7
Wasn't sure I was going to like this movie, but was pleasantly surprised! The heart pumping excitement was felt throughout the movie, and even a true connection between the chosen five. I wonderful enjoyment to even pay to see for the family and for yourself.
Apr 08 quez2go
68T5
I give this movie a lot of credit for how well it is handled. The idea behind this movie is stupid, but it puts together a diverse cast of young actors who I've never seen before and they give really good performances. The screenplay is good and it doesn't overload the film with action, though there is plenty of that in the last act. I think this move works for a broad audience, kids can enjoy it, young adults who loved the original show can have fun, but it is most directly geared for teens
Apr 08 Klamsi Klamsi
Apr 05 SickForay SickForay
45T3
Apr 04 War_Machine War Machine
66T2
Zordondinometeorrita+milkguycowlol+slapbully+1.18+lilrobottrainer+i’masuperhero-peeinthatcup!lol+ritaeatsstoregoldlool+ritakillsblue+nicestandbymecover+zordonbringsbluebackinsteadofself+it’smorphintime+GOGOPOWERRANGERS-zordsrunninglol+wonsolamelylol+okgoodguldarrevivedrita+megazord+backhandritatospacelool
Apr 03 SageSledge
90T9
Equal parts reverent adaptation and self-aware reboot, "Power Rangers" is everything that a fan could ever reasonably ask for: kitschy, free-wheeling, and surprisingly emotionally driven entertainment.
Apr 02 BlakeEngel
6T2
As a childhood fan of Power Rangers, I cut this film a lot of slack. It looks like the filmmakers took some time to dig a little deeper than an audience would expect, but I wish they had dug even more. Rita's entire subplot is very thin in both purpose and motivation. The history of the Rangers with Zordon is interesting but should have been explored better. The rangers were almost stereotypes. But there was some fun to be had here and hints at an interesting future. A nice movie, wanted more
Apr 02 kgbelliveau kgbelliveau
85T7
This film definitely allowed for the audience to connect with the new generation of Power Rangers and it sure did help the ending come off as that much more meaningful. It has genre cliches but it begins and ends with the characterization of these five unlikely heroes . Billy Cranston immediately became my favorite character followed closely by Trini. They were the most realistic and most engaging characters. Rita Repulsa was a great intro villain and I really am hoping for more.
Apr 02 inmate inmate
Apr 02 ronen2
53T5
Apr 02 thaklos thaklos
38T1
This isn't amazing, if you really love power rangers this may be okay, but it's character development is banal, and the whole process of discovery feels cheap and poorly conceived.
Apr 01 drummerx357
Apr 01 anugrah anugrah
65T3
Mar 31 MojoJoestar MojoJoestar
45T1
How this managed to be worse than BOTH of the '90s movies is kind of sad. Those were bad movies, but they were campy fun. This just tried too hard too be edgy and different, had obnoxious product placement, and had so little actual action for a 'action' movie. Hot garbage.
Mar 31 justkem
75T6
Mar 31 Ytadel Ytadel
6T7
There's some expectedly weightless CGI battling and kind of stiff, inexperienced acting holding it back, but overall I think this did a better job at both paying tribute to the original property (the moment where "Go Go Power Rangers" plays is pure nostalgic crack right in the vein) while also forging its own unique identity than the new Transformers or TMNT series. I'm definitely up for checking out a sequel.
Mar 30 TheRealJ_Ro TheRealJ-Ro
70T5
I'm giving this a generous bump to Serviceable. It's true that this movie loses a lot of the essence of the show. That was probably unavoidable. It's true that a lot of the fight scenes (okay, all of the fight scenes) aren't really all that fun. And it's true that these characters are more modernized and, therefore, a lot less quirky and likable. But what the movie accomplished for this 90's kid was that little nod and pat on the head of, "We know you're in there, buddy". And that was worth it.
Mar 30 ventura ventura
Mar 28 gogokain gogokain
35T5
Mar 28 TimeCapsule TimeCapsule
72T4
The "Power Rangers" super hero origin story told like a lighter version of "Man of Steel"(2013) meets "Fantastic Four"(2015). This is the movie you get when you take the campy 90's TV show, that was nothing more than a toy commercial that merged recycled Japanese footage with cheap knock-off "Saved by the Bell" filler, and make a more realistic teen drama. Unfortunately, it turned out a boring tonally confused movie struggling to find its audience. The only clear demographic was doughnut fans.
Mar 28 cminferno cminferno
Mar 26 MovieCrazy21
96T10
Mar 26 dakota0899 dakota0899
82T9
Truthfully, I might be biased here because I grew up with the Power Rangers, but I thought it great. A more, gritty and character driven origins story was great for this movie, it gave it a personality that separates it from other 90's shows such as Transformers and TMNT. However the movie is very much about the kids, not the Rangers, and if you can't get behind them, then this movie will drag on forever. The performances were solid, Banks was a little too much, the action was meh. Great start.
Mar 26 cncnmovies cncnmovies
68T4
Mar 26 jthusky
33T2
Honestly not all that bad until it becomes all that bad.
Mar 25 Nakashima Nakashima
Mar 25 JohNash JohNash
97T7
Mar 25 PendejoJorge PendejoJorge
35T4
Takes almost the entire movie for them to put them in suits,and to build up to that they do a bunch of lame training montages and trite teen bonding.The pay off is also really lame - the original show honestly had a lot more entertaining fight scenes than this movie displayed. Not to mention the laughable one liners such as "Make my monster Grow!" or "GO GO POWER RANGERS" inserted into the movie just to remind you you're watching Power Rangers.It's pretty dumb, but in fairness, it could be worse
Mar 25 Matthew_Parkinson Matthew Parkinson (The Escapist)
40T4
The new Power Rangers is a movie that takes a long time to get to the point at which fans will enjoy it, forcing them to sit through 90 minutes of tedious teenage drama and bonding in order to get to the suits and action and Zords and monsters. The final half hour is a big-budget reenactment of the TV show, and that's when it's at its best. It's not terrible, but only a quarter of it is anything close to good. But, man, do I want a donut. [Full Review]
Mar 25 Orfonso Orfonso
9T8
Mar 24 EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
Mar 24 WTFDidIWatch WTFDidIWatch
30T3
I was so proud of the writers/directors to get the kids to their power coins or whatever the hell makes them Power Rangers super fast. Like under 30 minutes. Then the next hour plus of the movie is a crappy training montage leading to a 15 minute fight sequence where they ride around in dinosaurs and don't wear their masks even though the entire plot of the movie is to get them to wear their masks. At least they killed Elizabeth Banks. Fuck her.
Mar 24 ADragon91 ADragon91
Mar 24 MetaCritic2 MetaCritic2
44T3
Mar 24 filmcricket
49T4
Mar 24 mg7film mg7film
Mar 23 Ofterdingen Ofterdingen
54T4
This could have been a lot worse. A strange way to praise a movie, I know, but against all odds it was sort of enjoyable*. (*Elizabeth Banks not included.)
Mar 22 felipelahm felipelahm