1987
Sci-fi
Dutch (Schwarzenegger) and his elite military unit are recruited to rescue hostages held by guerrillas in the Latin American jungle. But once there, they encounter an enemy more deadly than any on earth! (20th Century Fox)

1987
Sci-fi

Rated 11 Aug 2012
Get to tha Choppah! Predator holds up well. Hilarious one liners and so many slo-mo explosion jumps. It's funny how good the predator looks compared to the AVP predators of late. The film really came into its own toward the end where it was basically Arnold preparing himself for the final battle. Fun stuff.
Rated 06 Aug 2007
Interesting Vietnam War metaphor, with the Predator alien as a twisted vision of the Vietcong. A fun Ahnuld movie with a surprising amount of the cast going on to dabble in politics. Go figure.
I first gave this a 93, but then revised it to 100 when I realized it was not missing one single element of a great movie.
Rated 03 Aug 2014
More classic 80s Ahnuld. A genius concoction of 80s Hollywood, you get two action flicks in one in this masterpiece of the genre. Starts out as musclebound commandos fighting bad guys in the jungle. That combined with Arnie's awesome one liners and more testosterone than you thought was possible in a movie would have been enough, but midway through, the iconic alien shows up and you get a tense, hunter versus hunted showdown for the ages. Awesome stuff.
Rated 27 Jun 2008
One of my favorit movies. It looks good even today.
Rated 14 May 2008
I enjoyed this movie, fairly graphic, but for its time it was not bad.
Rated 01 Aug 2007
Beefcakes being trashed by a monster-alien....and well-made picture to boot.
Rated 11 Jul 2007
Great Arnold!
Arnold in his element along with some others for the ride.
Rated 27 Apr 2007
Got to love old Arnold movies
Rated 03 Jul 2012
Over the top Action becomes sci-fi horror. An expertly executed twist on the gung ho action films of the 80's.
If you don't like this movie, then screw you. I'm looking at you, Janet Maslin of the New York TImes.
Rated 19 Sep 2017
An innovative action movie that stands up to this day.
Rated 20 Sep 2010
The first and the best Predator movie.
get to the chopper!
Rated 04 Jul 2008
Endlessly re-watchable. I believe this film could be released as shot today and still perform well next to many high budget CGI laden films. Besides any movie with 2 Governors has to be great.
80's cheesey action perfected.
Arnie is a cliche but that's exactly what's needed to fight the alien hunter.
Rated 10 Jun 2008
another classic for the action genre yea!
Not a big action hero guy, but I this had me on the edge of my seat when I first saw it. Won't flip the channel immediately if it's on, but I won't stay past one or two commercial breaks.
Rated 11 Mar 2018
Dude!!
Rated 09 Jun 2008
Stunning movie where Arnie finds the only thing in the universe tougher than him - an Alien Predator. Forget the sequel's, spin offs and whatnot. Just watch and enjoy. Jesse Ventura's performance is a show-stealer, which "The Body" getting in more and better one-liners than Arnie!
Rated 29 Nov 2011
A fantastic use of character design to allow a layered and continuous slow-reveal of the antagonist throughout the film, from 15 minutes in till the last 5 minutes. Great sci-fi Action film.
DYLAN... you son of a bitch.
Rated 02 May 2012
Classic Arnold and great start to a good series of films
Rated 08 Aug 2012
A manly movie with an ensemble cast (even if they didn't know it at the time). Enjoy the added effects of growing new chest hairs from watching this movie.
Rated 20 Jul 2010
Arni!
Rated 10 Nov 2008
A great Sunday afternoon shoot-em-up. Nothing deep or interesting about this one. But its reasonable suspenseful and Arnold is at his best.
Rated 24 Feb 2009
I saw Predator when it was originally released and it has held up as a sci-fi thriller. If I'm flipping through channels and I come across Predator, I have to stop and watch for at least a little bit.
Rated 30 Dec 2009
This is the epitome of the 80's action film (minus the requisite female frontal nudity). Released a year before McTiernan's other action epic "Die Hard", "Predator" is all about big guns, muscles and shit exploding.
Rated 05 Feb 2024
The special effects are great, though they are unmistakably 80's and seeing the bravado of the troop erode as they slowly get picked off by the predator is entertaining, but apart from the final 30 minutes, it's a little uneven and the characterization of the squad is a bit lacking.
Rated 29 Aug 2007
Cool.
Rated 18 Sep 2007
Great 80s action movie. A classic arnold type movie.
Rated 20 Jul 2022
This is a fairly typical action/horror film of its type and of its time. There's plenty of fast paced scenes and some tense moments. There's a lot of gunfire, knife attacks and explosions. There are some images of bloody injury detail, which may upset some, hence it being part categorised as a horror. For most people, this isn't gory often enough to qualify as a 'full blown horror film' but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone especially squeamish or similar. It didn't disturb me too much.
Rated 17 Aug 2010
decent action movie. the video for ratatat's song mirando is made entirely of clips from this film. if you like really over the top schwarzenegger check out commando.
Rated 10 Mar 2010
I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?
Rated 08 Apr 2009
Ged to da choppa! Not much of a storyline, but pretty entertaining and the villain is classic. Its kinda strange when Arnie covers himself in mud and runs around the forest not saying a thing for a while, but we can forgive him, can't we?
Rated 02 Mar 2008
One of Arnold's best
Rated 22 Mar 2009
Extremely predictable but reasonably engaging.
Rated 01 Sep 2007
One of Arnold's better outings. This is just a jungle & alien version of a classic western story and they don't let the special effects guys ruin it either. Good movie!
Rated 01 Mar 2011
Oh my god it's full of head exploding awesomeness.
Rated 01 Mar 2024
R/C
Rated 09 Oct 2007
Not the governator's best work. Try a terminator movie instead.
Rated 10 Jun 2020
Predator is one of many legendary popcorn flicks.
Rated 03 Aug 2023
A classic for it's time. Arnold is really what gives this movie its cult status (including the iconic Testosterone handshake), but outside of that I don't think the movie itself was anything special to write home about.
Rated 13 Nov 2008
Dated special effects, timeless Arnold.
Rated 04 Feb 2008
Arnie! Yeeees! "Stick Around"
Rated 01 May 2009
McTiernan's action at his best.
Rated 01 Jul 2008
Top 10, un clásico de clásicos.
Rated 20 Jul 2010
oh schwartzeneggar why didn't you stay an actor
Rated 16 Feb 2010
Also the best movie of all time.
Rated 12 Dec 2008
Braindead action, but braindead action when it's the best!
Rated 24 Sep 2007
Very basic film which is what makes it good and worth watching repeatably. No over-reaching plot. A movie were the hunters become the hunted and how they deal with the situation.
Rated 13 Mar 2009
Good in its time, now cant compete. Watch something a little more modern instead.
Rated 13 Sep 2010
This was the first of the Predator films and the best for me.To see the creature for the first time was fantastic,and the cat and mouse game with Arnie was brilliant and exiting.
Rated 10 Nov 2009
Kinda dumb but fun. I guess I was expecting something more like Alien, since it's so often associated with that movie. This is nowhere near that level.
Rated 06 Sep 2008
I rated it high because it introduces and entire mythology. Plus, the pure terror of an invisible enemy in the middle of a jungle made for great nightmares back in my day.
Rated 16 Jan 2022
Along with Die Hard (also McTiernan), Aliens and Robocop, this is one of the seminal action films of the 1980s. From the memorable one-liners (I ain't got time to bleed; get to the chopper) to the body-builder physiques and countless rounds of ammunition, Predator delivers everything you want in the genre. And who doesn't want to see two future State Governors in mortal combat with an other-wordly warrior?
Rated 18 Aug 2007
Classic Sci-Fi, when Arnie still could "act"
Rated 19 Aug 2007
Fantastic jungle alien action!
Rated 18 May 2011
A muscles-in-the-jungle Rambo clone turns into an unacknowledged remake of _Without Warning_. Popular _Alien_ variation without much suspense (do you really think they'd kill Arnold off?) but good action highlights.
Rated 23 Oct 2007
Come on, this is an action classic. Arnold at his physical best, Jesse "I ain't got time to bleed" Ventura, and Carl "Action Jackson" Weathers. The Predator is of course an awesome sci-fi creature as well.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
One of the best action/suspense movies of all time
Rated 18 Aug 2007
Testosterone. "ain't got time to bleed" describes this perfectly. It's a perfect movie about men.
Rated 29 Nov 2013
Eh. Eh. Classic?
Rated 22 Apr 2008
The gubernatorial proving ground of the 2000's.
Rated 10 Nov 2011
How action/sci-fi should be.
Rated 12 Apr 2019
An imaginative and great-looking creature, an infamously quotable line by Schwarzenegger, and plenty of action are the main takeaways from this classic late-80's flick. It's nothing special for me, though, and it hardly has much to invest in behind all the gunfire and chaos. The most interesting thing about it is its villain, as several characters are one-note and forgettable and the plot is by-the-numbers action movie stuff.
Rated 19 Sep 2011
Great action flick from childhood.
Rated 02 Oct 2007
Una buena pelicula a la antigua, disparos y aliens
Rated 26 Jan 2021
It's exactly a MEN's movie. My little sister started to shave her beard after watching this movie.Everytime I watch the scene where Our crew let fly bullets(testosterone) upon the forest,I love it even more.Other than that, the alien creature design may be the coolest I've ever seen. However, the visual effects and narrative is a very high-level masterpiece for its time and budget.For sports motivation, I watch either the video 'alexey voevoda master pancho/ArmWrestling...' or this movie.
Rated 06 May 2009
get to the choppppppppppaaaa!
Rated 02 Dec 2010
cheesy as arnold is, it is an action classic
Rated 20 Nov 2008
Quite possibly the butchest, most intensely macho movie I have ever seen. Even the scrawny little woman is a stud.
Rated 25 Jul 2010
the classic original is still the best, the SFX are great with the invisibility and hold up well, and this is one of Arnies best roles
Rated 20 Jul 2022
good movie.
Rated 20 Jul 2009
Arnold in his prime. A great action movie.
Rated 05 Apr 2008
A superb B-movie, complete with great oneliners; "If it bleeds, we can kill it"
Rated 12 Apr 2023
I wanted to like this movie so badly, but all the characters just felt so absurd and silly that it was hard to get invested. The Predator is sooo cool though, his design and costume is absolutely incredible.
Rated 14 Apr 2010
Action aplenty, good suspense, good story GREAT cast. A recipe for an 80's classic and it didn't let us down. This can be rewatched over again and enjoyed just as much.
Rated 31 Mar 2009
Yes...the 80s...i love em
Rated 05 Apr 2008
its the govenator
Rated 10 Oct 2008
ugh! ah-nolt at his grunting best.
Rated 18 Mar 2010
GET TO DE CHOPPAH! This film is one of the many that were the cheap money makers of the time period. Just load it down with bad, buff actors and enough explosives to destroy a small city, and you don't need plot, personalities, or unique ideas.
Rated 09 Aug 2021
Host ratings: 75 / 83 / 92. (Schwarzenegger Showdown) Podcast review link: https://rydeorwrong.podcaster.de/rydeorwrong/folge-008-schwarzenegger-showdown-special/
Rated 07 Jul 2008
Hard men hunted by an alien for sport. Nonsense but a classic Arnie film along with a fairly decent sci-fi/actioner. One for you and the mates, a few tinnies, and crisps. 'He can't see me'
Rated 02 May 2017
story: 91 acting: 89 watch: 96 listen: 92 92
Rated 19 Nov 2007
Brings the will to survive to earth, shows technologically more advanced species to be judged primitive in the beginning.
Rated 04 Dec 2009
Fine special effects combined with extreme violence.
Rated 06 Jun 2009
This is the second most macho movie I've ever seen (the 1st place goes to Commando). You have Arnold Schwarzenegger, Apollo Creed, Jesse 'The body' Ventura and that "green beret gonna kick your ass" black guy from Commando VS an Alien who rips people's spine. nuff said.
Rated 14 Jan 2007
Michal sorry, but the film was pants.
Rated 24 Dec 2008
Classic action. The best film involving the predator by a long way.