Punisher: War Zone
Punisher-War-Zone

Punisher: War Zone

2008
Drama, Suspense/Thriller
After hunting down and killing hundreds of violent criminals, Frank Castle, aka The Punisher, faces his most deadly foe yet: Jigsaw. (imdb)
Franchise: Punisher
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft StoreTubi TV
Hoopla
Pluto TV
Plex
Plex Player

Sadistic, relentless, merciless, brutal and shockingly violent, Punisher: War Zone is one of the most aggressive, dark and bloodied crime films of 2008, staying true to the novels. Seriously, this makes Hostel look like a walk in the park. Demonstrating some cool, awesome action scenes, it's a sheer amount of enjoyment. However, there are completely faceless, dull performances from the cast, along with an incompetent plotline. Still, it's a solid outing from Alexander.
I will go on a hunger strike outside of the Criterion headquarters to get this a release in their catalogue
This comes closer than anything I've seen to Boondock Saints done right. We actually see cogent arguments against vigilantism, interesting characterization, and some awesome cinematography. I wanted to really love the film, but unfortunately the plot and direction gradually sour, turning samey and predictable.
It's like if Dredd had sex with Hobo with a Shotgun and played it somewhat straight. There are token arguments against vigilantism, but they're eventually drowned out by Castle's utter righteousness and ability to defeat every shitty criminal he's up against. My lord, this is most violent action movie I've ever seen. If anybody ever suggests women can't shoot action (which, hello, Kathryn Bigelow?), point here.
Lexi come back. Garish colours, stupid plot, over the top violent, easily one of the best comic adaptations.

17 Collections including 10 Collaborative and 7 Public