¡Que Viva Mexico!
Que-Viva-Mexico

¡Que Viva Mexico!

1932
Documentary
Eisenstein shows us Mexico in this movie, its history and its culture. He believes, that Mexico can become a modern state. (imdb)
Tubi TVKanopy

Eisenstein's photography is top-notch, of course. The prologue and the epilogue are both very fine. But the two main stories of the film aren't that hot. The second goes on way too long and rarely succeeded in holding my interest. The storytelling technique is like that of a silent film, with a bare minimum of voiceover. I'm not sure whether or not Eisenstein would have wanted it that way. Still it's better to have a flawed look at what might have been rather than nothing at all.
Feliz dia dos mortos! Sorry nacionalistas pau no cu, dia dos mortos no México é bem mais legal, se você não tem certeza disso, é só olhar o epílogo desse filme, que mesmo incompleto é um filmaço. DVDRip no MakingOff.
Beautiful images and interesting social exploration of Mexican history. But the most surprising thing to me was how fun it was to watch. Some scenes are pretty brutal and depressing but there's an underlying sense of hope that, when combined with the wonderful soundtrack, makes the film almost constantly engaging.
# 537