Resident Evil
Resident-Evil

Resident Evil

2002
Sci-fi, Suspense/Thriller
A secret experiment...a deadly virus...a fatal mistake. Based on the wildly popular video game series, Resident Evil is an action-packed thriller starring Milla Jovovich in a battle of good and evil, human versus computer, the living against the Undead. (Sony Pictures)
Franchise: Resident Evil
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduNetflixMicrosoft Store

If I lucked into marrying Milla Jovovich none of your videogames franchises would be safe. And they said sideboob in Adventures of Lolo couldn’t be done. There’s a stupid underground secret train, that’s the most resident evil thing of them all.
Originally I saw this movie in the theater, and during that part where Milla Jovovich kicks that zombie dog in the face, I LOST MY GODDAMN MIND. It was the funniest thing I had seen up until that point in my life. If this movie were solely THAT scene, it would receive a solid 100 from me. As it stands, this muddled and boring video game adaptation gets a 15. Ick.
Resident Evil Marathon, Hour 2: What is the audience for these films? How do they make money? I have so many useless questions needing answers. Two hours in, some themes come into focus: angry white boy rock music, script amnesia, and getting Milla into incomprehensible and/or half-naked outfits. The memory loss angle is a decent device to hold interest and keep us on the same page as our heroes. I saw better CGI on the Playstation.
It's not scary, it's not entertaining. It's just a bad movie.
When videogame spin-offs do not take themselves too seriously and keep that videogame clip feeling, they catch me. Also there is a CGI like lankiness to Mila Jovovich, so she is the perfect actress for this role (just like Jolie/Croft pairing). The rest of the series is badly rated, but this one was fun to watch gory enough but not distasteful, kinda has a story but do not forget that it is a zombie/horror thingie; it was done just right.

Last modified by:mjoc0723mjoc0723 on 31 May 2021