2011
Sci-fi
An origin story set in present day San Francisco, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.

2011
Sci-fi

Rated 06 Aug 2011
This is easily the best summer blockbuster of the year, if not the past few years. This film should be the standard by which we set the mark for making a summer action blockbuster. It takes no side routes or shortcuts past character development, acting, writing, soundtrack, or plot in order to get to the action. There may be a few minor nitpicks I could make, but quite frankly, while watching the film I couldn't careless about them. I left the theater wanting more (in a good way).
Rated 08 Aug 2011
Don't let the lackluster trailers or the previous installments stop you from seeing this. A prequel done right, Rise of the Planet of the Apes leaves you begging for a sequel. Most surprising of the summer blockbusters this year.
Rated 07 Aug 2011
Really the surprise hit of the year. Entertaining, interesting and well paced. Caeser's development via a Serkis performance is fantastic. How Wyatt and the writers play with your emotions on the apes vs humans is all class. Dying for a sequel and hopefully soon.
Rated 09 Aug 2011
Very enjoyable. The worst part about it is that they are obviously setting up for sequels and the film's ending is pretty bad in comparison to the rest of the film. The apes are really sympathetic and easy to root for and I loved Caesar's transformation. Was pretty great to watch unfold. Liked how they didn't spend much time with the underdeveloped human characters and focused most of the movie on Caesar, which was the smart thing to do. Possibly the best movie of the summer.
Rated 08 Aug 2011
Well, it's surprisingly good. Caesar, portrayed amazingly well by Serkis, is a particularly interesting character and has more depth and complexity than all the human characters combined (Franco is unusually inexpressive and Pinto is painfully underused). The problem I think is that it feels very much like a part of something much more, as if it's begging for a sequel. It doesn't feel whole, which keeps it from becoming a great, standalone movie.
Rated 13 Aug 2011
Highly surprised by this film. Aces. My only gripe? The nods to the original were somewhat heavy handed at times. The film could have easily fallen into the Evil Man troupe but I find it a little refreshing, if not utterly saddening, that mankind's downfall came from a good-natured scientist attempting to cure Alzheimer's. I'll mimic the rest and state that this film leaves you wanting a sequel bad.
Rated 05 Aug 2011
With both the pretentious Burton installment of the franchise and a crappy trailer in way too recent memory I was prepared for the worst - but out of nowwhere comes the surprise and blockbuster of the year. Serkis outdoes himself yet again, and without much monkey business "Rise" is driven by great characterization as well as both thrilling, entertaining and partly moving prove that the days of miracles in mainstream Hollywood aren't over.
Rated 14 Aug 2011
The first half is better than the second. It's not that a bunch of apes going, well, ape-shit isn't fun. It is. Because much time up until that point is spent (well) on developing the character of Caesar, once everything turns blockbustery you're sort of left hanging dramatically. Much credit goes to Serkis and Weta for the life-like facial expressions and, also, Wyatt is one to watch. Though his film is rather conventional that's more than made up for with craftsmanship and entertainment value.
Rated 15 Aug 2011
Doesn't have much "Rise" to it. More like an "Escape from San Francisco Zoo" prison break movie. And, yes: I know that it's about the animals and not the humans, but focus on the character development of the apes is no excuse for completely ridiculous human characters (especially Lithgow was painstakingly embarrassing). If they're not important, don't have them. I say: Watch the trailer. Skip the movie and proceed directly to the next movie in the series. Oh, and the ending...that is just lazy.
Rated 30 Dec 2012
A gripping story aptly told. Though I wasn't much sold on James Franco and maybe I could find some other minor things to nitpick, it didn't really matter. This is entertainment done right.
Rated 09 Aug 2011
I did not think this movie worked at all.
Rated 14 Aug 2011
So not all franchises are doomed to death by prequels... Cesar is like a course on how you develop your hero. Also the richness of the facial expressions of monkeys gave the movie makers a strong tool to make us develop empathy with them and they used it to the full. The "revolution" aspect was handled well too. Also, after watching Splice and this one back to back, as someone involved in biotechnology I must say that they raise some legitimate questions about scientific conduct.
Rated 16 Sep 2011
Considering I detest the use of CGI and reboots of beloved franchises, "Rise" blew me away with how suprisingly great it was. The apes, as with every film in the franchise, are mesmerising when on screen (and impeccably animated) and as always, Andy Serkis completely steals the show. It is silly in places and generally hard to take seriously but you'd have to be heartless not to feel any emotion towards the characters.
Rated 07 Aug 2011
Well that was shockingly good. I say shockingly because I went to this film not expecting to be anything more than moderately entertained. Serkis ran me through the emotional spectrum with his portrayal of Caesar. In a world where prequels are normally shit, it's nice to see one like this that takes the source material and runs with it.
Rated 26 Jun 2012
Far superior to the film to which this is a prequel or a sequel or an unrelated POTA project. Nonetheless, broadly knowing the narrative telos may enhance rather than undermine, a context the film-makers approach in a way surprising primarily because smarter than expected, the inverse of the choices involved in Tim Burton's lazy conformist thoughtless garbage. The contrast may have led me to somewhat overrate this movie, as my experience was constituted in part by sheer, pleasurable relief.
Rated 28 Aug 2011
I suppose the most glaring of the film's errors is its confusion of intelligence with knowledge. The genetically modified apes simply seem to know everything without ever having learned anything, but they otherwise behave with apish non-sentience. Not much else in the film makes sense, either. So, compared to the writers, I can see how even an ordinary chimp would seem hyper-intelligent. Sit one at a typewriter and I'm sure he'll come up with a better script.
Rated 06 Aug 2011
Amazing effects and a wonderful mo-cap performance by Andy Serkis help carry this well-directed, intelligent and highly entertaining change of pace for a summer blockbuster.
Rated 05 Feb 2013
Very, very fun summer blockbuster and a pleasant surprise, considering the trailers made me think it would be terrible. The human characters are all rather uninteresting and underdeveloped, but Caesar is such an incredible creation that it doesn't ever really drag. Andy Serkis deserves so much credit for his work here.
Rated 08 Aug 2011
A sad day has occurred when something so terrible unfolds that I actually start thinking back on Burton's remake in a favorable light.
Rated 12 Aug 2011
There is more to this film than meets the eye. Caesar's journey balances wit and pathos admirably which aroused both curiosity and compassion. Many movies these days feel the need to pound us over the head with loud explosions and stilted emotions, sacrificing story/characterization in return, but this is entertainment done well.
Rated 15 Aug 2011
What seemed the laughing stock of the summer, is a surprisingly well made topsy-turvy version of 'Project Nim'. Some will be annoyed with the clichéd characters, but they will be so only because at times 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' has a go at the philosophical boundaries of blockbuster entertainment, even if it never succeeds in transcending them. Oh, and how cute is Freida Pinto!?
Rated 08 Aug 2011
a bunch of apes can never take over from humans, a matter of population size. also the number of apes in the city was so superfluous and unbelievable
Rated 13 Aug 2011
The last thing I expected this summer was for a Planet of the Ape's reboot to be of any interest to me! Even more shockingly I really didn't expect it to be so damn good! At times technically astonishing, the various apes are brilliantly realised, with Serkis' work as Caesar amazing. The whole thing feels really well developed too, but the real highlight of this movie is watching Caesar evolve. The ending is a little low key compared to the rest of the film, but it sets up a sequel beautifully.
Rated 08 Aug 2011
When I first heard of this movie I was very dubious. But as more and more trailers came out, I started to get excited, and having just seen it, I have to say that my excitement was warranted. It is very well done and acted and you really end up rooting for the apes at the end. I thoroughly enjoyed myself during this movie and look forward to future installments.
Rated 07 Aug 2011
You have to understand that a "3" from me is like a "7" from a reasonable person.
Rated 01 Apr 2012
You know a film is good when it gets you to cheer and support the destruction and overthrow of your own species.
Rated 06 Aug 2011
too light, too formulated, not enough mojo
Rated 19 Sep 2011
Most of my friends can't seem to get into this franchise. I personally don't see why. This trilogy, in my opinion, is light years ahead of Maze Runner, Hunger Games, and a lot of other franchises. It's a prequel but it's original and and the characters are fairly well fleshed out as well. I love this first movie and I'm excited for the sequels.
Rated 25 Aug 2011
Yes, there was a lot that was impressive about it, (Andy Serkis, the CGI, the ape relationships), but, ultimately, for me, there were just too many absurdities, and unanswered questions to 'willingly suspend my disbelief' in an ongoing way... And, James Franco was horribly miscast, and barely committed to offering ANY performance, at all...
Rated 09 Aug 2011
An insanely idiotic movie. Nothing more.
Rated 29 Nov 2011
Improbably great.
Rated 09 Sep 2012
Okay, so the 2001 version wasn't good, but I'm SO glad the series was rebooted a second time with this new addition; it's that good! Everything about it absolutely fantastic: the pacing, tone, emotion, characters, action. I honestly couldn't have been more pleased. Hands down the absolute best quality about the film is the performance by Andy Serkis. Hopefully he can get the Oscar nomination he deserves! What a film, and what a performance from Andy Serkis!
Rated 05 Dec 2011
Good blockbuster but everything feels overly manufactured. There's so much background to get through that the we never get the full picture of a man and his ape child, a relationship central to the film that gets lost in the shuffle until it's suddenly important again. I enjoyed it and don't have major issues, but it failed to capture my heart, my head or my imagination.
Rated 14 Dec 2011
Had the human characters been developed as well as the apes, I would have rated this film higher. It is still however a way better than average summer blockbuster. Excellent CGI and a compelling character (Caesar) make for a pretty enjoyable ride.
Rated 11 Apr 2018
Quite a revitalization of a long-suffering franchise. The visuals are excellent (the performance capture in particular, thanks in no small part to the mastery of the legendary Andy Serkis) and the cast and score are very good. The writers have reworked the themes and plot of Boulle's text into the new storyline and characters in an intriguing manner but without the philosophical and emotional heft of the 1968 film. The action definitely helps a lot, especially the excellent climax at the bridge.
Rated 05 Feb 2013
What an awesome movie! I was not expecting this to be soo good. The animation was amazing, the characters were brilliant (don't particularly like James Franco, but he did really well), the story was breathtaking and it had me begging for a sequel by the end of it. Andy Serkis, what a revelation
Rated 09 Sep 2011
Weta still hasn't completely perfected all CGI effects, but the motion-capture is nearly flawless in terms of its ability to express emotions. The script, on the other had, does have some flaws; the compulsive need to set up sequels and refer to its predecessors brings it down a bit. However, it's still a great sci-fi, with shades of the opening of 2001, the end of 12 Monkeys, and the original Planet of the Apes, that also manages to provide great summer entertainment.
Rated 05 Sep 2011
It's somewhat ironic that the apes end up conquering the film both in terms of the plot AND the acting! The mo-cap CG is flawless! Framing the origin of this series around the cure for Alzheimer's was a fantastic idea; the themes associated with the devolution of the human race end up writing themselves. Nevertheless, the script takes no chances with its plot - which to be fair, is hard with a prequel - and the entire story is summed up in the film's trailer.
Rated 19 Jul 2014
Almost what I imagined when -as a child- I watched conquest. As a fan of the series I really liked that it compliments rather than replaces. The dialogue's a bit cheesy but there's not much of it and the effects were brilliant, a very pleasant surprise.
Rated 08 Oct 2011
An otherwise decent first chapter is ruined by a panic, underplayed finale and truly the worst ending to any film all year. That was an automatic 25 point deduction (which is generous at that).
Rated 19 Aug 2011
Glaring plot problems, terrible CGI chimps and a complete mood departure from the Planet of the Apes movies but it's not every day we get a mashup of Flowers for Algernon, Harrison Bergeron, and a dose of prison break and rebellion from the viewpoint of a chimp. Funny that the 7thish movie in a franchise makes me think "there are still SOME ideas left in Hollywood"
Rated 03 Aug 2014
Malfoy's still a dick.
Rated 15 May 2012
I'll have to come clean, I've never been a Planet of the Apes fan, but even I have to admit this was an enjoyable flick. James Franco does an ample job and Andy Serkis really makes Caesar a sympathetic character. It has decent CGI and makes for a worthwhile popcorn flick.
Rated 28 Dec 2023
I avoided this newer reboot for a while as the trailers just made it seem like a violent pointless movie. Turns out, it is a solid story. Sorry I waited. LOVED the nod to the original with the subtle mention of the astronauts, then lost in space.
Rated 06 Aug 2020
No thank you. The script is awful and so is the title. What, the planet itself is rising? Come on. Caesar is the single worthwhile aspect of this film but he is encased within terrible dialogue delivered by cardboard human characters. "You know everything about the human brain... except how it works" = instant projectile vomit. If I watched this back in 2011, I would have surely been impressed by the special effects but I didn't so I'm not.
Rated 24 Sep 2012
I really, really liked this - Ceasar evoked more pathos from me than almost any other character of 2011. What a great, and destined to be underrated, movie.
Rated 28 Nov 2017
Rise exceeds all expectations anyone ever had for it. From really well developed and fleshed out human characters, to Serkis's flawless portrayal of Caesar, and very well done story arch that keeps you engaged through its runtime. Wyatt's execution of this movie is marvelous, along with Franco's and Lithgow's really great performances, brought new life to a franchise that was in desperate need of it. Not just a great Apes movie, but a great standalone film anyone can enjoy.
Rated 07 Aug 2011
One of the most pleasant movie surprises of the year. So, so much better than I ever imagined it'd be when it was first announced. Caesar is a flawlessly-realized character and the movie is full of great moments; even a couple chill moments.
Rated 01 Aug 2012
Pure win. The beginning tends to be ordinary, then it gets the viewer attached and all emotional, to finally become something which you can't take your eyes off. The computer animation is almost unnoticeable. This movie explains everything what is at the beginning of the original story. It also doesn't collide with the book and any other movie, which in this case is a great advantage. By filling the blank moments in this story, this production completes the saga in a perfect way.
Rated 05 Aug 2011
Solid if unremarkable...took it down one notch because it so blatantly requires a sequel.
Rated 20 Oct 2011
A great movie. It lived up to my expectations. There are only a few minors that are a bit off, but as it is otherwise very well made, these are soon forgotten. It would probably benefit from having been a bit shorter, simply skipping the whole bridge battle. The interesting thing was to get the background story, so once we see in Caesar's eyes that he knows exactly what to do, and that he can succeed, that is really all we need. The rest we can fill in ourselves. Maybe that is just my opinion.
Rated 25 Nov 2011
It's an enjoyable film despite the wacky premise of cgi apes overthrowing human civilization for freedom. I give credit to Serkis and his incredible ability to put in humanistic acting into roles like this. The human actors were thoroughly uninteresting though. Franco and the love interest were pointless non entities in the film. The cgi still looked strange, the physics of the apes swinging through rafters and doing acrobatics was floaty and off. The silverback gorilla was great.
Rated 10 Nov 2011
whats with all the monkeys
Rated 11 Nov 2011
It wasn't as bad as it could've been, but it never really becomes anything special either. Caesar was the only interesting character in the entire film, everyone else is terribly one-dimensional with some shoddy acting to boot. The apes are never a threat (they just want to climb some trees and leave humans alone) and so the big climax doesn't really have any suspense. This concludes the Typing of the Mini-review of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Rated 13 Aug 2011
Caeser's transformation and journey defined this film and created something that really exceeded my expectations!
Rated 18 Dec 2011
Surprisingly, very little of it could be considered an action film. The bulk of it is an interesting spin on the prison movie genre. These are the best parts of the picture (okay, the tearing shit up is pretty cool too). The rest of it is rather meh. Franco is entirely uninteresting. Basically, everything not directly involved with Caesar is quite obvious, clichéd, predictable. The CG is oddly inconsistent. In general, though, the film is better than expected yet not as good as I'd hoped for.
Rated 09 Oct 2012
Procedural. Colombo used to let you watch the murder happen and then the joy of the show was just watching him come to the conclusion in his own time. It wasn't fun watching James Franco come to the conclusion in this one. Don't get me wrong, I love CG ape characters: I've seen all of Vin Diesel's movies.
Rated 19 Jul 2017
Serkis' motion capture performance and the overall CGI are obviously the stand outs here. Everything else is fairly standard and not overly special - pretty good popcorn flick though.
Rated 06 Aug 2011
This is a pleasantly solid prequel (much unlike the previous film). Not outstanding, but very entertaining and even somewhat moving. The motion capture performances are very well done. Finally, the film actually does a pretty good job tying into the original and removes the bad taste from my mouth after Burton's sacrilege.
Rated 10 Aug 2011
The visual effects are gorgeous. The scenes involving only apes are among the best and most interesting. And the evolution of Ceaser is very well told, even though it seems odd that the smarter an ape gets the more human like it acts. There are some nice throwbacks to the old movies mixed in, despite some of them being a little too obvious.
Rated 11 Sep 2011
Entertaining. Very believable performances from the apes. The humans were slightly dull. It definately had the feel of a prequel.
Rated 01 Mar 2018
And yet another case of very impressive SFX being squandered on a mediocre storyline. Of course you know going in what the outcome is going to be, more or less, but even so this is painfully predictable and manned by cardboard cutouts like the evil zoo keeper and greedy business men. Also, this makes me so happy that I'm living in a somewhat SANE country where ordinary people are not allowed to keep chimpanzees as pets on account of them being AGRESSIVE and DANGEROUS as fuck. Asshats!
Rated 13 Aug 2011
This reboot of the PLANET OF THE APES franchise doesn't break any new ground, but it's a pretty good time at the movies anyway. Andy Serkis' motion-capture performance as Caesar, who leads the ape uprising, is the bedrock of the film, and Serkis subtly blends Caesar's wild and civilized qualities to fine effect. The human characters are fairly by the book, but it doesn't harm the film greatly. The finale, with the apes overrunning San Francisco, is especially impressive. A promising beginning.
Rated 09 Aug 2011
Love me a good monkey movie. Apes a Poppin' . The ending is weak but everything leading up to it is ape.
Rated 21 Jul 2012
Despite the somewhat unfinished story of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, the CGI impresses along with exciting action sequences to provide an enjoyable film
Rated 24 Sep 2012
I've never been so glad to see a ragtag band of apes demolish San Francisco. Wow. This film begs to be the first in a series (granted they can do it right).
Rated 19 Jan 2012
solid action film.
Rated 27 Jan 2013
Andy Serkis, incredible digital effects, and an engaging story make Rise of the Planet of the Apes a memorable, solid action film. Additionally, Wyatt, backed by an eerie score, weaves a variety of sweeping, exhilarating shots. It wasn't the best film ever made, but it was damn good nevertheless.
Rated 07 Aug 2011
The apes were much better actors than the humans. Enjoyable film.
Rated 06 Aug 2011
Problem is I'm on team human.
Rated 23 Aug 2011
My favorite part was the apes.
Rated 10 Jul 2012
Led by Rupert Wyatt's stylish direction, some impressive special effects, and a mesmerizing performance by Andy Serkis, Rise of the Planet of the Apes breathes unlikely new life into a long-running franchise.
Rated 17 Aug 2012
If it weren't actually identified with the Planet of the Apes franchise, it could've been fantastic. Leave it up to the audience to figure out that this is when the Planet of the Apes began.
Rated 20 Sep 2011
Awesome reboot of the Planet of the Apes series after the failed Tim Burton experiment. Andy Serkis is the standout as Cesar the chimp which shouldn't be any surprise after his performance as Gollum. The movie moves fairly slowly at first but never really drags at any given point (the exception maybe being when he's first taken away) and it builds to a fantastic climax that will surely lead into a sequel. All around great summer blockbuster.
Rated 13 Feb 2014
Geez, is this overrated. James Franco Stoner tries a serious role and fails. For a good Franco performance, see Howl. Poor villains, awful pacing. Just boring.
Rated 08 Nov 2023
Cesar is one of my fav blockbuster heroes of all time. He's the ultimate badass and i love him. The first time he speaks, at the end, still gives me the chills, even after watching it 4 times. This movie is a great, if not slightly binary from a human perspective, setup for the 2 sequels to come. The Apes-movies were created with love for the craft, visible in almost every scene. The trees quivering filmed from the bottom while the apes make their way over? It's a product of vision and heart.
Rated 05 Apr 2021
Serkis and the effects team do what they can, but nothing can make Franco's scientist interesting or believable—certainly not a token hetero romance that could be removed without altering the story one iota. Poorly written and weakly directed, the film only becomes worth watching from the ape revolution—more than three quarters of the way in.
Rated 25 Sep 2022
The CGI was distracting and the script written by people who know nothing about science or apes or people. But we'll acted.
Rated 07 Feb 2012
Andy Serkis did do a great job of bringing the lead ape to life, the visual effects still aren't good enough for me to believe I'm seeing a real animal. They put a lot of effort into making the apes seem real and that they had genuine emotions. However, it seems they completely forgot about the human characters which are about as flat as you can get. The 'witty' and 'clever' allusions to Planet of the Apes (1968) were cute enough at first, but felt so forced and lame later on.
Rated 02 Sep 2011
james fronco rocks, the apes rock, the scenery is cool, but the story is really boring
Rated 18 Nov 2012
Rise of the Planet of the Apes is disappointing in large part because the trailer gives so much of it away. It's only really worth seeing if you haven't been exposed to the trailer, or if you want to see what is probably the best motion capture performance to-date. The visual effects as a whole are incredible, and you will care for Ceaser by the end. You probably just won't have a lot of fun, which is a shame when you consider that this is the blockbuster designed to reinvigorate the franchise.
Rated 22 Aug 2014
Entertaining for sure! Some serious ape on ape brutality. Plays second fiddle to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes though.
Rated 13 Jul 2012
I was hoping Tom Felton would do something different and give my love a reason, but he failed.
Rated 11 Aug 2012
Although studio execs r mindlessly going 2 attribute its success 2 being a reboot w/ name recognition, the reason this did so well & didn't tank in2 oblivion after its opening weekend is b/c it's ENTIRELY character driven. And what engaging characters they are. Cesar's trials & relationships r completely relatable, full of real-world parallels & subtext 2 boot. It says something about how soulless H'wood summer fare has become when its most thoughtful, human blockbuster is one starring an ape.
Rated 11 Apr 2015
Here it is a genuinely good movie. Outstanding CG, well acted, well directed. The NO! scene will give you goosebumps. Almost a masterpiece. Yes.
Rated 15 Aug 2011
Motion capture done right. Despite sometimes wavering away from great thought-provoking character study into mindless action movie territory, "Rise" is a worthy addition to the Apes mythos, relying heavily on excellent non-verbal performances from the actors behind the apes. Serkis carries the film through his expressions alone.
Rated 29 Jul 2014
I really enjoyed this movie. The casting was incredible. The visuals were crisp and believable. I never enjoyed the original series. Maybe it was because I was too young to appreciate them when I watched them, but this movie definitely smashed those old prejudices. I had heard that this movie was amazing and that I should see it. I am glad that I watched it and I would probably watch it again. It definitely won't be at the top of my favorite movie lists, but that can be said of many movi
Rated 01 Jul 2015
40 for the apes, -60 for the humans.
Rated 27 Nov 2011
Well-wrought action film, steering clear of the sci-fi and philosophical considerations of the 60s film, but delivering the goods in terms of action, and presenting a group of characters that, while paper-thin, are fun to root for. Serkis' Caesar the Ape is the star, and his performance outclasses all of the human characters, though Lithgow is touching in a limited role as Franco's dementia ridden father. Fine entertainment.
Rated 29 Jan 2015
It's amazing what good writing and stunning visual effects can achieve. This is a "popcorn flick" with substance.
Rated 24 Aug 2011
This is the Planet of the Apes movie I've been wanting to see for years. Great story, great acting, and some very inventive action sequences. They really do a nice job of making you feel for Caesar.
Rated 10 Sep 2011
A pretty good film with lots of apes and the usual chemicals in fancy glass and metal canisters. Seriously, have you ever seen anything like that in the real world? Anyway, it was entertaining and worth the free movies passes we used to go see it.
Rated 13 Oct 2011
I liked it 'til the ape started to talk. Annoying music.
Rated 18 Mar 2024
Every scene with Caesar is great - brilliant at times. But Rise is weighed down by a terrible James Franco. Are we still trying to make him a leading man? He's a great villain but every time he tries to smile sincerely it's so fake. And Lithgow, although a bit part, overacts to an annoying degree. Add to that some mustache-twirling villains and that rounds out the bad but nowhere near enough to offset Caesar. "Caesar is home!"
Rated 06 Dec 2021
I don't know if it's because this is the first film of Franco's I've watched since it's come out he's pretty rapey, but I just did not buy him in this. If his role was played by somebody better this would be on the same level as Dawn.
Rated 16 Aug 2011
Exceptionally entertaining and engaging. Loved it.
Rated 08 Aug 2017
eğlence sinemasının iyi örneklerinden biri. odağı net ve gelişim çizgisi düzgün ilerliyor. film mevzusunun farkında ve bunun etki alanını ya da potansiyel mesajlarını abartmak için kendisini kasmıyor. yeniden yapımlar arasında en güçlülerden olduğu gibi seriye de iyi bir başlangıç yapıyor.
Rated 02 Feb 2013
San Francisco might want to get more than a dozen cops on payroll.
Rated 10 Sep 2013
Way better than expected, but I guess the problem with all prequels is that I already knew what would happen at the end.
Rated 04 Oct 2011
A surprisingly well done prequel. However, a lot of potencial is left unused behind and the transition from regular apes to speaking and strategically-thinking warrior-apes happens way too fast compared to the rest of the story.