1982
Action
When Rocky is defeated by a brutal challenger, Apollo Creed offers to retrain him in order to regain his fighting spirit. (imdb)

1982
Action

Rated 09 Jun 2016
Slicker, quicker, and more fun than the first two entries, yet far less emotionally involving. The inclusion of Hulk Hogan and Mr. T marks it forever as a piece of guilty-pleasure '80s cheese.
Rated 13 Dec 2015
The Rocky you knew is now dead and has been replaced with a delicious eighties excess Rocky shaped thing. (Burt Young is tubby again, phew)
Rated 31 Mar 2012
The original might be a better movie, but Rocky III is a lot more fun. Chalk it up to all the fool-pitying.
Rated 11 Jul 2012
Though the charm is fading, it's a decent film. It flows less smoothly than the first two and, despite attempts at amping up the drama, secures less investment.
Rated 10 Mar 2012
Blatantly absurd sequel probably plays much better now as dated 80s camp than it would have at time of release -- this entry is marked by scenes which frequently stray into (intentional?) self-parody, and Mr. T makes for a hilarious villian. Sequence featuring a cameo by Hulk Hogan is worth the price of admission; as before Stallone's winning and likable performance (on both sides of the camera) gets the film over to the end of the bout with style.
Rated 03 Sep 2009
I need to see this again, for a proper review. I loved this when it came out, but with Hulk Hogan and Mr. T, how could a young lad not be excited.
Rated 27 Nov 2015
After two serious-minded and relatively realistic films which spent a lot more time depicting the struggles of working-class American life than boxing, Stallone goes full fast-paced cheesy action movie with the series' third installment. And it's kind of freaking fun. It's a propulsive entertainment with three great fights in ninety minutes, and Apollo Creed's heel face turn delights to no end (as does he and Rocky's homoerotic training). Eye of the Tiger! Mr. T! Hulk Hogan! Awesome!
Rated 31 Jan 2010
I pity 'da fool who don't give 'dis move more 'dan 80!!!
Rated 13 Jul 2009
Okay Movie
Rated 05 Nov 2014
'Prediction...? PAIN.'
Rated 14 May 2008
I love the boxing in this one because it has so little in common with actual boxing it's awesome.
Rated 28 Jun 2008
Besides how great the 1st two were before this one .. This might be my favorite out of all of them.
The only decent thing Hulk Hogan was ever in. Plus Clubber Lang was way cool.
Rated 05 May 2014
Wait, his strategy to win was to get the ever-loving-shit beat out of him until the other guy tired out? Brilliant!
Rated 29 Nov 2015
Rocky III is the annoying little brother. It's still a member of the family, but the one no one bothers top put up with. While the chemistry between Stallone and Shire most definitely improved from Rocky II, most everything else did not. Rocky III is cheesy, strange, and devoid of any real meaning. Pity the fool who watches this one.
Rated 21 Sep 2010
Is this the Mr. T one? Ah who gives a shit.
The series makes a sharp fall-off here, but is saved by the novelty of Mr. T, and a cameo by the Hulkster. Plus, how can you dislike training montages?
Rated 02 Jan 2019
Someone shouted "we need more fights" and Rocky gave us 3. Like the idea of a 202lb Rocky fighting a 390lb Thunderlips.
Rated 21 Sep 2010
Mr. T absolutely kills it. Clubber Lang will ruin your life. greatest heel ever
Rated 16 Jul 2012
A beautifully cheesy, cliche, self-serving bit of Americana and I love it
Rated 29 Dec 2015
Will Success Spoil Rocky Balboa?
Rated 26 May 2019
In my opinion of all the Rocky films this has the weakest plot
Rated 13 Sep 2018
This is a movie about boxing whereas the previous films were movies about a character. By this point in time, Rocky doesn't have a reason to exist anymore. He is not the lovable underdog here, he is basically an action star. But the plot gets enough depth to make the lesser character somewhat interesting and the boxing is still pretty darn good.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
Unnecessary but effective sequel
Rated 08 Oct 2007
Rocky passes by the saddest moment when loses the trainer, everything surpasses with claw and determination, passing everything to the viewer.
Rated 10 Jul 2012
Rocky III is an audience-involving film and it is to Stallone's credit that we cheer for the champ in both victory and defeat.
Rated 14 Apr 2024
Rated 24 Oct 2007
Mr. T is no actor.
Rated 19 Mar 2008
He can rips phone books into two
Rated 26 Jul 2016
Adriaaaaan.
Rated 04 Oct 2011
Well, at least they taught him to keep his hands up for this film...
Rated 06 Oct 2009
It has that 80s vibe all over it. I mean that as a compliment.
They should have skipped this one and went straight to Rocky IV.
Rated 12 Jul 2019
I couldn't stomach a second regurgitation like the second movie, but this one at least had a bit of different twist. Mr. T.'s villain on amphetamines act was interesting. They must have paid a lot of royalty for "Eye of the Tiger" Apollo referred to it like 20 times in the movie. Hulk Hogan self-effacing sequence was cute also. The fighting sequences in these movies are pretty high quality; although in this one those were rather cut short.
Rated 15 Oct 2007
Not bizarre or as music-filled as Rocky 4 but more bizarre and music-filled than Rockys 1 and 2, Rocky 3 feels lost. It does, however, have Mr. T and Hulk Hogan - props for that.
Rated 14 Apr 2020
69.7
It's slick, polished, and easy to watch and be engaged by, such that some viewers that wanted more boxing action and less sappy romance will probably consider it the most entertaining entry in the series.
Rated 26 Feb 2008
Sly should have stopped at 1
Rated 29 Mar 2024
Rated 18 Feb 2009
Stupid and cliche as all hell, and it consists almost entirely of slow motion, montages, and fight scenes, yet it's sometimes entertaining in spite of this. Short enough so that it avoids becoming obnoxious.
Rated 09 Oct 2008
giderek zayıflıyor
Rated 31 May 2007
ROCKY VS HULK HOGAN!
Rated 11 May 2009
Mr. T and Carl Weathers and Sly Stallone and Hulk Hogan and homoeroticism and punching and jive talk
Rocky III, is not as heartfelt as Rocky 1,2, or 4, but it's still very entertaining. It's main problem is the lack of the underdog feeling that is so prevalent in those previously mentioned Rocky films. Meh!
Rated 12 Jul 2008
Clubber Lang is kool.
Rated 05 Aug 2011
So silly.
Rated 16 Feb 2009
Not better than the original, but very fun. T is a great villain.
Rated 23 Jul 2011
It stinks but I can't stop laughing at it.
Rated 17 Aug 2007
MR.T AND HULK HOGAN? JAWSOME!
Rated 15 Oct 2008
Greatest movie of all time. ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!
Rated 01 Sep 2010
At least its better than Rocky 4
Rated 26 Nov 2015
This movie wasn't exactly solid as a rock but it didn't sink too low into the depths of mediocrity either. Rocky once again is back at it, being a newly minted champion he lives the high-life doing commercials and charity events. Speaking of the charity events, my favorite scene was the charity event where Rocky fights against Hulk Hogan. It was terrifying and funny at the same time...
Rated 11 Jan 2013
Rocky is so mediocre that I didn't really think it would be possible to ruin it. Apparently I was wrong.
Rated 21 Sep 2007
Great Inspirational movie
Rated 11 Mar 2019
The moment where Rocky stopped caring about dramatic realism and became a franchise that focused on action set pieces and impossibly strong opponents for Rocky to defeat, thus leading to a sense of contrivance. The internal struggles of the character are presented in an entirely routine fashion, and Sly's semi-flashy use of montage preferences style over meaning. The training sequences became increasingly hokey, and Clubber Lang is a patently ridiculous character. A guilty pleasure (at best).
Rated 08 Apr 2024
Rated 26 Feb 2007
The second best of the series behind Rocky IV, this is the film where the franchise truly started realizing what it was all about.
Rated 31 Dec 2007
For some reason, this is the one Rocky flick that I can actually watch from beginning to end with ease. Not that the others aren't decent, or in some cases, better, but this one just worked better, at least for me.
Rated 09 Aug 2013
This was another good Rocky movie. It had its flaws, like some annoying drunk Paulie moments in the beginning (I really hate that guy) but its only a few scenes and not nearly as bad as it was in the first Rocky. I thought the charity fight with Hulk Hogan was very entertaining. Mr. T played a good villain as Clubber Lang. He really seemed threatening, and it was cool to see Rocky beat him.
It's ridiculous, but very entertaining
Rated 23 Dec 2009
Thank god for Hulk Hogan and Mr. T. Otherwise this would be completely unwatchable.
Rated 25 Mar 2007
May be the most entertaining of the sequels.
Rated 16 Nov 2013
Rocky III is an enjoyable addition to the series and adds a lot more fun to mix than the previous films. Stallone is great once again as the Italian Stallion and Mr. T gives a fun and unforgettable performance. However silliness begins to creep into the series with a stupid but fun cameo from Hulk Hogan. The fight scenes are epic and the training montage scenes with the 'Eye of the Tiger' backing track are some of my favourite Rocky moments. Rocky III is a solid addition to a brilliant saga.
Rated 15 Apr 2024
Rated 25 May 2019
Apollo Creed: "Now, when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?"
Rated 25 Jan 2020
Enjoyable and well-acted, but ultimately forgettable
Rated 05 Dec 2015
B+
Rated 24 Nov 2014
* Casting, Acting : 5.5 * Script : 5 * Directing, Aura : 5 * Ease of Viewing : 6.5 * Naked Eye : 5.5
Rated 27 Jul 2008
Mr. T kinda made this movie for me. It was great to see Rocky as vulnerable, that was something that was mostly missing from the first few films. Mick's death got to me.
Rated 05 Jun 2010
Good.
It's not as bad as Rocky V, but isn't as good as the other 3. Mr. T, of course, is Mr. T, but the plot doesn't offer much.
Rated 02 May 2007
For something with so very little in the way of real character development it still retains an air of excellence.
Rated 05 Feb 2021
rvw. best trainer relationship, also cuz their humor together. powerful death then apollo helping. mr t hindered it a bit at times. hulk was cool. fights meh but had bigger looking hits. adrian got a big moment. way less brain damage and started looking like a movie star. eye of the tiger. the favor
Rated 04 Feb 2007
It was AWESOME. What are you talking about?
Rated 29 Sep 2021
Possibly my favourite of the franchise. It's not a cinematic masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but it's a lot of fun. The Hulk Hogan opening, the relationship between Rocky and Apollo, Mr T chewing the scenery ... it's all great entertainment though the final fight doesn't match that of the previous movie.
Rated 08 Jan 2017
My ranking is in part due to nostalgia. I loved this movie when I was a kid. I loved the soundtrack. Rocky vs. Mr. T (and wow Hulk Hogan) was VERY cool. I re-watched it recently and it held up well. Sure, it's a different kind of movie from Rocky I and II, but maybe because this is the first one I saw in the franchise I didn't demand that it BE the same kind of movie.
Rated 30 Sep 2007
Not the finest Rocky movie, but the most fun Rocky movie, as Mr. T and Hulk Hogan give the kind of performances which make a movie about a boxer worth watching.
Cheesy but entertaining
Rated 16 Oct 2016
Rated 30 Dec 2010
Whoever thought Mr. T would make a watchable villain let alone actor? I remember coing crazy for this movie when I was a kid. Pretty emotional and with a brutal Mr. T really kept this movie from failing.
Rated 14 Aug 2011
Had it not had the bad ass Mr. T in it I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. It takes most of it's cues from the first two movies but does them way worse. It's not the worst of the franchise but it's towards the bottom.
Rated 14 Aug 2010
Amusing
Rated 05 Apr 2011
Mr. T plays one of the five greatest villains in movie history. More by the numbers than the first two Rocky flicks but inversely more awesome than the first two because of it.
Rated 09 Apr 2009
The pick me up motivational series I can watch anytime....
Rated 12 Jul 2014
what is he made of rocks or sumptin
Rated 18 Feb 2010
Another film that I admit I like a lot even though it's pretty bad at times. There's just so much campiness in having a matchup between Mr. T and Rocky. Plus the training montages in this were pretty entertaining even if they made no sense whatsoever. Why was Apollo training someone who beat him?? Also I think this is when the boxing choreography started to become all brawling and haymakers.
Rated 20 Dec 2008
Phhh.... Rocky is a bit old, a bit unintelligent. The conversations primitive, and i never expected, that Rocky can win...
Rated 11 Aug 2007
The movie that gave us Mr. T. Need I say more?
Rated 03 May 2011
I PIDDY THE FOOL! Clubber Lang, massive wang. Perhaps.
Rated 21 Jul 2010
*plays Eye of the Tiger*
Rated 27 Mar 2024
Rated 21 Jan 2009
Mr T rules, that simple
Rated 18 Aug 2007
one of the worst rockies. If you love mickey, don't watch it.
Rated 01 Aug 2009
Not the worst of the franchise. But close to V in its crappiness!
Rated 01 May 2011
Silly but entertaining. The scene on the beach with Rocky and the greatest movie wife of all time, Adrian, is one of the best scenes in the entire franchise.
Rated 07 May 2009
The second best of the series.
Rated 28 Mar 2010
Mr. T and Hulk Hogan play massive jerks and that is worth watching, but the rest of the story is for squares.
Rated 07 Jan 2009
I love Rocky movies, but it just seemed a bit cheesy with Mr. T in it.
Rated 16 Jan 2015
Apollo's friendship is substantial side of part of the series
Rated 15 Feb 2020
Hulk Hogan and MR. T are in this movie. He does a charity event with Hulk Hogan where Hogan actually wrestles this him by clothes lining him etc. He loses to Mr.T. Coach is telling him to quit, give up just like punch out when you lose in that. Eventually Rocky comes back with the rope a dope in this movie to beat MR.T.