Netflix Netflix basic with Ads
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese' captures the troubled spirit of America in 1975 and the joyous music that Dylan performed during the fall of that year. Part documentary, part concert film, part fever dream, 'Rolling Thunder' is a one of a kind experience, from master filmmaker Martin Scorsese.

Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese

2019
Documentary
Music

Rated 11 Jul 2019
This brought back memories of being a weirdo kid more immersed in Dylan's enigmatic oeuvre than probably healthy. The Rolling Thunder records were always among my favourites for capturing the height of his raw energy & what felt like a newfound acceptance & comfort in his artistic persona. As someone who even tracked down a bootleg of the godawful Renaldo & Clara, I'd say this frenetic collage captures a creative chaos of that tour without separating it from the music or the fancies of memory.
Rated 13 Jun 2019
I can’t think of anything worse than wanting to willingly sit in on Allen Ginsberg in concert. The 70s sucked.
Rated 14 Jun 2019
"It was a thing that happened 40 years ago. I wasn't even born 40 years ago."
Rated 12 Jun 2019
"If someone's wearing a mask, he's gonna tell you the truth. If he's not wearing a mask, it's highly unlikely." Dylan and Scorsese basically remake Exit Through The Gift Shop. Anyone looking for The Truth about the most tightly guarded ego in rock will be disappointed. Those looking for a few snaps of Bob Dylan The Artist might find them. The rest will just get a bunch of really great music.
Rated 16 Jun 2019
The live performances are excellent. Everything in between varies. We should have kept Ginsberg in the past.
Rated 18 Jun 2019
Robert Zimmerman isn’t one of my chosen saints, but there are quite a few interesting moments here, with the performances of “The Ballad of Ira Hayes” and “Hurricane” probably the standouts. The fakery is mildly amusing but doesn’t really add too much (though Van Dorp is a pretty good character).
Rated 16 Jun 2019
It has some incredible live performances by Dylan. It also gives a great look into this eccentric tour. The fact that some of it is fictionalized fits the elusive character that is Bob Dylan. "Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself." as he himself says. Or maybe it better fits his pretentious side, since also his own words remembering the tour: "It's about nothing, it's just something that happened 40 years ago. ... it happened so long ago, I wasn't even bor
Rated 11 Apr 2020
Dull and meandering mix of doc and mockumentary will likely have more appeal to hardcore Dylanists than the casual observer; Scorsese (and Dylan to an extent) seem more wrapped up in private jokes and obscure bending of histories than trying to weave a compelling portrait, however the footage chosen does give a satisfactory overview and feel of the mid-70s, and the concert footage (especially HURRICANE and HARD RAIN) is mighty impressive. Like RENALDO AND CLARA, this needs a music-only cut!
Rated 11 Jan 2021
President of What? I just found out about all the fakery. Sure shocked me, haven't suspected it one bit. So what is real and what isn't? Doesn't matter, I'll take it as a fictional truth, does it really matter? The movie is a masterpiece that was painted on the canvas of deception, loved it. And I loved Ginsberg's singing, I wonder why he didn't make a career out of it. Just kidding. Or?
Rated 16 Mar 2020
The performances are great, if sparse.
Rated 15 Jun 2019
A must for Dylan fans
Rated 13 Jun 2019
Even if this was just a straightforward doc it would still rule. The Revue was an amazing tour and the concert footage itself would be worth it, not to mention the backstage footage of Dylan hanging out with Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Allen Ginsberg, etc. But then this doc brings a wonderfully playful approach to the table, with some deadpan humour and unexpected fictionalized elements to not only keep things interesting but also more faithful to Dylan's art and persona. This was so up my alley.
Rated 16 Jun 2019
F For Fake, but make it a rock doc ;)
Rated 22 Jun 2019
A primeira coisa que você precisa saber sobre esse filme é que ele é um mockumentário. Veja bem, eu não sabia absolutamente nada desse filme, mas quando comecei a ver os depoimentos comecei a achar tudo muito esquisito, tinha coisa que era obviamente mentira alí, só aí entendi a alusão à Meliès na abertura, não há limite entre ficção e realidade neste filme e isso torna tudo extremamente divertido. Se não for desenterrar os anos 70 e esculhambar assim, nem quero. WEBRip ION10.
Rated 15 Jun 2019
By far the best music documentary from Scorsese since The Last Waltz. Also the best film about Bob Dylan since Don't Look Back.