Scary Movie 2

Scary Movie 2

2001
Horror

Worse than the first - a real accomplishment.
Rated 16 Jul 2020
That is Ray Wilkins, sir. I couldn't quite figure him out... but he seemed very eager and pleased to meet me.
Rated 21 May 2007
One of the worst ever made. Period.
Rated 10 Oct 2020
Silly and broadly drawn spoof film does produce the requisite number of chuckles to be watchable, though this largely falls to the more seasoned cast members (Curry, Elliott, Woods) to furiously make silk purses. An amusing CHARLIE'S ANGELS riff, and Elliott's Riff-Raff to Curry's professor are the highlights, though film arguably never tops its pretty great EXORCIST inspired opening.
Rated 25 Jul 2008
I giggled once. After that I felt like shooting myself. Goodbye cruel world...
Rated 18 Jun 2014
When I was in my twenties I was installing some laminate flooring in an apartment and I had my table saw propped up on an upside down plastic garbage can out on the balcony. If this already sounds stupid, hi, meet me in my twenties. With both hands on the right hand side of the saw, the pressure tipped it over. So, with a cut nerve two inches deep in my hand, I had to drive myself to the hospital. Here comes the tie-in: I had more laughs in that blood soaked van than watching this abomination.
Rated 10 Apr 2007
Excessively juvenile and idiotic, yet somehow not even slightly entertaining.
Rated 18 May 2020
Tasteless and extremely lazy with maybe one or two funny moments.
Rated 17 Jul 2021
The points come from my 20 year old me
Not nearly as consistent as the first, and features far less laugh-out-loud moments. But when it hits, it really hits. Chris Elliot, who I'm normally not a fan of, is hysterical here. And Anna Faris is such a comedic wonder.
It's actually better than the first, but that's not saying much.
Rated 03 Jun 2010
God damn Wayans brothers never fucking learn. It has one, maybe two, small laughs but on the whole it's just so cheap, so immature, and so annoying. I gave it a 5 initially but literally a second later I hated myself for doing it, changed the score to the rightful 0 and wrote this mini review.
Not as good as the first one (surprise surprise), but still a LOT funnier than the other sequels.
Rated 09 May 2010
going with my psi here
Rated 04 Aug 2021
Tiny hand jokes with Chris Elliott are all pretty funny. The rest is rough. The Charlie’s Angels final fight scene is especially unfortunate.
Rated 05 Jun 2008
Tim Curry was fine, though.
Rated 20 Oct 2010
"An insufferable hodgepodge of phallic and fecal humor." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 27 Nov 2006
Worst movie of the series!
Rated 05 Dec 2006
I actually liked this movie although there were scenes in the trailer that didn't make the final cut. More for the younger generation, IMHO>
Rated 23 Dec 2006
The Wayans keep the series alive.
Rated 06 Jan 2007
Someone stop the Wayne's Brothers. Just fucking stop them already!
Rated 08 May 2019
Does ease up the tension after you watch horror films.
Rated 10 Jul 2012
Instead of being funny, this gross-out sequel plays like a sloppy, rushed-out product.
Rated 13 Aug 2010
I have a weakness for this franchise and this one was one of my favorites of the series. Great cast and I laughed almost the entire movie.
Rated 28 Aug 2009
I went to see this because the JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK trailer was attached to it. This was back when I was an idiot, you have to understand. Well, even in that state I still walked out on this.
Rated 19 Mar 2007
The worst part about Scary Movie 2 is that it's actually a lot better than 3, 4, and the others after.
Rated 20 Mar 2007
Too many jabs at the flavor of the week, that could have only been funny in 2001. Unfortunately, this established the formula for the overlong stream of Movie Movies, and not the passable original.
Rated 25 Mar 2007
It's not as bad as 3 or 4, but there's no magic after the first.
Rated 04 Oct 2018
This is it. This is what spawned the dredge of "______ Movie" movies of the 00's. They are all terrible and so is this.
Rated 29 Jun 2012
Nearly as good as the first, which means it was still quite funny. The casting and acting was great.
Rated 23 Aug 2009
Worse than the first
Rated 13 Jun 2007
the entire series of these are completely awful
Rated 10 Jul 2007
What a turd.
Rated 12 Jul 2007
...not very good.
Rated 21 Jul 2007
What is David Cross DOING in this hot-ass mess? Exactly how far behind on his rent was he?
Rated 20 Jun 2018
Scary Movie 2 is pretty much more of the same from the original. There are even some jokes here and there which could have you rolling on the floor laughing. Unfortunately these moments are few and far between. Stuck in a strange spoof movie not quite worthy of the original. If there was a primary reason to check this movie out it would be for Chris Elliot and Tim Curry.
Rated 30 Jul 2012
Very poor spoof movie. They don't even look like they enjoyed making it.
Rated 25 Jul 2010
The worst Scary Movie, and yet it is far from the worst of the spoof genre
Rated 18 Aug 2009
Best installation of the "Scary Movie Series". Chris Ellitot and David Crosses roles in this movie are comepletely worth the watch. THat is if you like offensive spoof comedy, which I do!
Do not, I repeat, do not waste your time seeing this movie, or any other movie with the word 'movie' in the title.
hilarious
Lame.
All the Scary Movies are bad.
Rated 14 Jun 2010
Almost worth a watch for Chris Elliott being amazing. Almost.
Rated 08 Oct 2023
Has its moments of stupid genius, and other moments that are just plain unwatchable. A bizarre amount of jokes involve the bad guys attacking someone, and then they immediately start having sex for no reason. Also, with Tim Curry and a haunted mansion, I was sure there'd be a Rocky Horror reference. I'd forgive a little more of this movie's flaws if we got the return of Dr. Frankenfurter.
The cliff was mighty steep here.
Really really stupid movie.
Rated 15 Oct 2016
The Scary Movie series is either a hit or a miss. I think this movie was a lot better than the other ones. It starts off strong with a good parody of the Exorcist where the totally based James Woods stole the show. I also loved the guy with the little creepy hand and of course Anna Faris. She still wasn't a great actress at this point in her career but darn she's beautiful with that jet black hair...
Rated 19 Sep 2011
I enjoyed this one for the cast and I liked probably more than half of the jokes thrown in there. Scary Movie 2 was funnier than the 1st and I think that's why people think of this one when they talk about the franchise.
Rated 08 Apr 2013
There are no laughs.
Just as funny as the first but only if you have seen the films that are made fun of.
The scene of the disabled guy fellating himself was a horror movie in itself.
Rated 22 Aug 2016
Even worse than the first, but isn't that the point of sequels? Tim Curry is really the only saving grace in this one.
Rated 09 Sep 2011
stupid fun.
Rated 26 Aug 2013
Just awful.
not nearly as good as the first
Some laugh out loud moments (mostly involving Chris Eliot) but it goes downhill from beginning to end.
Rated 18 Aug 2007
I still can't believe i've seen this. It's offensive in how un-funny it is. It seems like it was written by either carlos mencia or Mad TV. Chris Elliot is fairly funny, however.
Rated 10 Aug 2016
The sequel is no doubt less inspired than the first film, with several jokes outstaying their welcome. Still, it's fun to watch, even just for the more sporadic bursts of hilarity.
Rated 21 Jul 2011
Rated 10 Oct 2022
Nothing evokes the early 2000s quite like this movie. It's cruder than its predecessor (it really does reach epic levels of crudeness) and has a more refined storyline, which all makes for a better viewing experience. Anna Faris nails every scene; her comedic timing, both physical and verbal, is perfect. Apparently James Woods was paid $USD 1000000 for 4 days' work, and in my opinion it was worth every dollar!
Rated 06 Nov 2023
Encore plus drôle que le premier. L'introduction sur l’exorciste est à pisser de rire. Tous les personnages ont leur moment bien défini, le pire c'est Tori Spelling retournée dans tous les sens par un Poltergeist. Ils ont osé !
Rated 12 Jan 2008
The movie is like the rest in the franchise, except less memorable. It's good for a few laughs here and there, but to experience them you have to sit through the rest of the film, which is absolute shit. It's sole purpose is to waste five minutes while channel surfing.
Rated 13 Jan 2008
Lacking the complete feel of the first one, this movie never ascends past the stoner jokes.
Rated 29 Jan 2008
This is only worth seeing for the parts with Chris Elliott and David Cross.
Rated 08 Feb 2008
Funny in places (like the first one) but I'd only recommend watching the trailers as that is where the best jokes are.
Rated 14 Mar 2010
A funny series of gags, but don't expect any more than that. It is fun to pick out the movies where each joke comes from, though.
Rated 30 Jun 2009
Overall Enjoyment: 5/40, Plot/Themes: 0/20, Cinematography/Direction: 0/20, Acting/Writing: 0/20
Rated 06 Mar 2008
tasteless garbage
Rated 12 May 2008
Scary. So. Scary.
Rated 14 Feb 2015
While a slight improvement upon the original, this still represents the very worst of modern comedy.
Rated 31 May 2009
Please someone intervene for the Wayans brothers.
Rated 14 Jun 2008
good movie
Rated 27 Jun 2008
I still crease up thinking about the stuffing the chicken scene! " take my strong hand"
Rated 04 Jul 2008
whitty
Rated 08 Jul 2008
HoHoHoHoHOOOOOOOO............my lovely movie!!!!!
Rated 16 Jan 2011
Funny, but on the path towards stupid that all these movies went to
Rated 14 Mar 2010
terrible example of the series
Rated 20 May 2009
Pobably the worst of the Scary Movie Franchise!
Rated 14 Oct 2008
lold
Rated 19 Oct 2008
One of the better scary movies. the first two were the best
Rated 23 Oct 2008
Good?
Rated 11 Nov 2008
A nice comedy that uses pokes fun of other movies =].
Rated 18 Aug 2014
A big disappointment. It screams (no pun intended) of a cash grab sequel as everybody returns but the product is far inferior lacking most of the humour of the original.
Rated 07 Jan 2011
Rated 24 Jan 2010
A little funny as opposed to completely unfunny.
Rated 03 Jun 2013
This is the best Scary Movie film. If you disagree you are a wrong.
Rated 15 Jan 2009
As far as brute comedies go, this one is a classic.
Rated 20 Jan 2009
Of all (if any) of the Scary Movies, this is the one to watch. The last one to be directed by Keenan Ivory Wayans, there is so much near X-rated comedy in this plus every other kind of comedy you could think of tossed in, playing like an R rated Naked Gun with black folks. Funny!
Rated 26 Jan 2009
Funny
Rated 03 Feb 2009
I am afraid of sleeping with Chris Elliott's daughter only because I don't want to ever to accidentally have sex with Chris Eliott.
Rated 20 Dec 2010
Rated 11 Oct 2021
All the points for this are from the precredit scenes.
Rated 08 Apr 2009
Still childish, but usually funny, and since it parodies classics I like it almost as much as the first one.
Rated 26 Apr 2009
Better then 1!
Rated 04 May 2009
Not that bad. Still kinda funny but you can definitely see the downfall.
Rated 08 May 2009
This movie is worse than the first one.