2000
STAB 3: RETURN TO WOODSBORO is currently in production, and a killer is on the loose cutting corners cast wise. The murders draw a reporter, ex-cop, and young woman to the set of the movie inspired by their life. They soon find out that they are dealing with a trilogy, and in a trilogy...anything can happen. (imdb)

2000

Rated 17 Feb 2019
Everyone in 2000 had really big white teeth. Sorry to keep you all waiting for this. This franchise never really did anything for me I was too hip for it when they came out winning youth bowling trophies and going to bed at 8.
Rated 11 Sep 2020
Although this messy slasher sequel is watchable enough, there are some serious plot and continuity issues. First we see 'Jay and Silent Bob' outside the set of "Stab 3" on the Miramax lot in Hollywood, however later in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"(2001) they crash the set of "Scream 4" starring Shannen Doherty and an orangutan. What am I to believe that these two are some kind of magic interdimensional traveling stoners or what? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
Rated 02 Apr 2011
Undeniably stupid, but as long as you don't expect any actual suspense or logic it's a decent watch. I especially enjoyed the first in-joke filled 30 minutes. Some cheesy but amusing cameos and a decent cast. However, with every stupid character that gets killed the movie seems to lose some steam, with a sleep-inducing finale as a result. Would have enjoyed more gore as well.
Rated 16 Apr 2011
It's completely noticable that another writer did this script. It lacks finesse. The characters have become jokes. An all round bad film.
Rated 26 Oct 2015
The least focused film in the series, likely due to Williamson's absence, Scream 3 is a runaway train on a collision course to nowhere. There are far too many subplots occurring simultaneously, and narrative threads seem almost arbitrary, moving from one sequence to the next without rhyme or reason. The meta aspects are overkill, the death scenes are lazy and/or poorly staged and the final twist is just laughable. Campbell and Craven make it watchable, but only just.
Rated 01 Mar 2007
A truly great closing to a brilliant series that perfectly blends horror,self awareness and spoof.
Rated 06 Jun 2021
On this big of a film, you would think someone would have taken issue with Cox's bangs. Neve Campbell was on-set for possibly 3 days. This film presents an interesting meta idea of a film-within-a-film, and then possibly because of the bloated runtime, squanders it. Parker Posey is a lot of fun.
Rated 12 Dec 2021
For what was suppose to be Wes Craven’s conclusion to this trilogy, it seems like some of his tendencies got the best of him. This continues the series formula of it’s self aware tropes, but eventually it does begin to lose its flair as he continues to take it even farther down that rabbit hole. However, it tries to be more clever than need be, and does so by trying so hard to connect this as a true trilogy when it never needed to be this complicated. It’s fun, but not great.
The Scream franchise began as a satire of slasher movies, but the third entry hews so closely to formula it parodies itself.
Rated 04 Jun 2007
They used up all their good material in the first one.
Rated 15 Oct 2021
I was much more disappointed with this than I thought I’d be even with all of the negative reception I read about. Having two Gales was pretty fun, and Neve Campbell is as cute and magnetic as ever as one of my favorite horror icons. I liked the movie set chase scene too. Otherwise, this is pretty mediocre. A lot of the scenarios and attempts to be like the first movies were lame and some of the kills and decisions were stupid as hell. The change is writers is very evident. Skip it.
Rated 09 Oct 2012
Scream 3 is a moderately enjoyable film if only because it continues the trend of making fun of the genre it's trying to be a success in. It doesn't come close to the first film and is still worse than the second one, but it's not a terrible watch. You will already like these characters and you'll want to see their story play out, and that was enough for me. It needed to take the same direction as earlier installments, though, as being more comedic didn't work.
Rated 18 Jul 2013
2. The trilogy is very consistent with its intros and I cannot decide which one's my favourite: the first is a classic, the second is very original, and I find the scene in S3 the scariest of them all. The alternative intros on the DVD were on par with the featured one too! S3 brings even more consistency to the series with its meta treatise, humour and references. Jay and Silent Bob, Carrie Fisher, WOW the ending and a big Hoorah for Neve Campbell. I don't know what all the hate is about.
Rated 14 Oct 2007
"What's your favourite scary movie? " Not this one. How clever of me.
Rated 28 Oct 2019
Terrible. A plot that is painfully bad. And yet, the twist ending was way better than the movie deserved.
Rated 25 Sep 2010
Really didn't need to be made. Has lost most of its freshness and wit.
Rated 18 Apr 2011
Fuck the haters, this is just more typical Scream kills, nothing great yet easily watchable.
Unlike most horror sequels, Scream 3 follows the same characters from the previous two films. So the stories of the trilogy are connected. That causes all believability to cease, as it's hard to believe that there would be so many ghost-faced, knife wielding killers whose soul purpose is to kill the daughter of someone who wronged them. While Scream 3 is fun, it isn't at all plausible and the only entertainment comes from guessing which character is going to die and when.
Rated 26 May 2014
Not as funny, not as violent, not as scary, too self-referential and uninspired. I mean it isn't the worst film in the world by any means, and it's more than competent and features a few interesting setpieces, but the new characters (of which there are many) are under-developed, and parts of the film feel much more convoluted than in previous entries - and Scream isn't exactly known for simplicity in storytelling anyway.
Rated 24 Dec 2010
A sequel so self-referential that audiences who have not seen the first two movies in the series will be at a loss to understand what is happening; but, then those who didn't see the earlier Screams will want to miss this one, too.
Rated 09 Apr 2012
Covers the same grounds as the first two, but much less effectively. By the third, there is no more cleverness to be had and it veers dangerously close to just being a straightforward (and boring) horror, rather than the spoof that the earlier ones had more cleverly pulled off.
Rated 01 Aug 2011
Craven goes nuts by experimenting as wild as he can with the meta stuff - Stab 3 is in production while we watch Scream 3. Mom's past comes to life as she was abused as a young actress - Milton is HARVEY -, Sid's unknown bro returns as a director trying to make it and the doubling continues as we get two Gales investigating the damn thing - they even meet Carrie Fisher as the head of the studios archives. Sid being chased in the set of her own home might be the franchise's greatest set-piece.
Rated 06 Oct 2013
This time around, the killer has a magical sci-fi device that allows him to perfectly mimic any voice he wishes, presumably just by thinking about it. They introduced some stupid new twists to the Scream backstory to support a really stupid character as the villain, and even shoehorned in some characters who died in previous movies, through some really lazy plot devices. And of course, the deaths and whatnot are even less memorable than they were in Scream 2.
Rated 18 Jun 2012
As with the first film, the narrative is ultimately organised around the protagonist's absent/late mother, and judgments of her sexual and maternal role sufficiently severe as to inspire lots of murdering. What's with that business? Well, Craven has always been conservative, and as for the original writer, the 'wit' of Kevin Williamson has never prevented him from having at least moderately crappy politics when it comes to gender and sexuality.
Rated 09 Mar 2008
The movie relies so heavily on the predecessors, it is confusing, & not infrequently slow. The cleverness relies on the movie making within a movie jabs, & there is little to scare, or surprise. If you've made a study of the first two, then this should suit you fine, otherwise, better killings are in order.
Rated 27 Oct 2010
Just more of the same from the Scream series, don't understand why the rankings are so much lower when it is basically the same movie as 1 and 2. Answers some questions and has some hilarious and awesome deaths. Patrick Dempsey is probably the least believable cop of all time and the villain reveal is sorta lame too but not a bad movie but it doesn't feel essential in any way. Can't wait for Scream 4 though feel me
Rated 17 Jan 2019
Unfortunately, the last of the original trilogy is also the most lackluster. The plot is messy, most of the characters are flat, and the same old Dewey/Gale story from the last two movies is just repeated so that all the development from the last film is pointless. The killer reveal is pretty underwhelming and the story behind it isn't built up nearly well enough. All in all, it's unfortunately disappointing.
Rated 13 Mar 2023
I know it's cheap to pick on someone's appearance, but this is more noting a really puzzling choice ... someone really should have told Courteney Cox that that hairdo is NOT working.
Rated 25 Jul 2010
Tired and not as refreshing as 1 and 2, but still has some good to deliver
Rated 13 Oct 2009
At this point, a few meta jokes and fewer suspenseful moments are all the meat that's left on the franchise's carcass....
Rated 26 Mar 2010
Not quite as clever or scary as the previous installments, probably because Kevin Williamson didn't write it, but it's still very entertaining and a more than respectable ending to the smartest, if not the greatest, motion picture trilogy of all time (although with Toy Story 3 coming out soon that title may be solidified). If Williamson's script for Scream 4 turns out to be about re-boots, we just may have the most consistently awesome film franchise ever on our hands. ...also Parker Posey!
Rated 26 Oct 2008
Crap.
Rated 26 Jul 2015
Boo. Now go see the original.
Rated 14 Mar 2012
Underrated gem which is more enjoyable in a past light. Ehren Kruger is no Kevin WIlliamson and the film suffers without the head writer behind the wheel - this movie is undoubtedly the cheesiest of all four films but it is genuinely scary at times and there are some quite funny parts. It's just nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be despite some severe weaknesses.
Rated 11 Oct 2007
Yes, I enjoy the entire trilogy. The combination of Neve Campbell and horror humor still draws me in.
Rated 31 Oct 2016
Slightly interesting because it's a meta-meta-movie, but only the first third is entertaining.
Rated 08 Nov 2021
Totally lost the idea of the first movie, every interesting character is dead and the entire plot is based on a predictable idea. Still gripping to the end though
A total waste of time. For the people who produced it, the people who starred in it, and the poor, poor people who liked the first two so much that they actually paid money to see this one. Way to let me down.
Rated 14 Jun 2010
we're done here.
Rated 21 Mar 2008
I give it 5 extra points simply because Scott Foley is so dreamy. Otherwise, I'm being way too generous.
Rated 15 Nov 2020
Sharp, well-written sequel leans entirely into the joke (to its benefit); presents a clever and amusing riff on sequel tropes while tying itself up in meta-knots as characters playing characters start to mix and intertwine (Posey's lovely performance is just one comic highlight). Series regulars are fun to have around as usual, though Campbell seems more an afterthought this time - while the film never recaptures the unique comic/horror tension of Part 1, this is still a fun (and worthy) entry.
Rated 08 Mar 2020
57.1
Rated 04 Jul 2023
I wouln't even rate Scream-movies as real horror. They don't really have much of the horror element, but they are pretty nice thrillers where you keep guessing at the culprit behind all the killings. Sometimes it's just a bit more obvious than others.. It's got an interesting way of playing a movie within a movie, mentioning all the tropes that come with (supposed) ends of horror trilogies. A little bit too long for my taste, so I wasn't fully invested all the time.
Rated 12 Jun 2012
Fuck the haters, indeed. This is more delicious meta-horror with a great parodic treatment of Hollywood. And come on, people, it's got Parker Posey and Lance Henriksen both of whom are automatic win, plus Carrie Fisher and Roger Corman in two of the best and most wonderfully self-deprecating cameos ever. If that doesn't make a movie automatically awesome, what does?
Rated 22 Nov 2022
Fucking awful, really. Suspense is entirely abandoned in favor of in jokes that fall flat, and everything looks like overlit late 90's DTV filmed in some warehouse in LA. Lance Henriksen playing a version of Harvey Weinstein from the 70's is of minor interest.
Rated 31 Jul 2015
It's pretty bad. While it retains some of the fun of the first 2, and has some pretty cool kills, really it felt like it tried too hard. A lot of the acting felt phoned in, and the cameos really took out from the movie. There is good stuff, but it's avalanched in the bad, making it simply a lot worse than the first 2.
Rated 03 Jun 2013
The worst Scream movie. Far too meta, way way way too meta.
Rated 28 Oct 2010
I love the Scream movies, but this one never hits its stride.
Rated 02 May 2024
audiovisual 40 acting 35 overall feeling 35 avg 37
Rated 01 Sep 2015
Sidney (Neve Campbell), having survived the knife-wielding maniacs of the first two pictures, is now a crisis counselor living in a secluded compound in California; she is treated like a guest star. She really doesn't get involved in the action. a film based on the events of her life -- more movie-within-a-movie stuff -- until about a half-hour into the picture. (The murders are a gambit to lure her into danger.)
Rated 28 Apr 2009
A dry and disappointing finish to the trilogy. The characters are shrill and the plot is uninspired, despite the frequent in-jokes.
Rated 24 Oct 2021
Diminishing returns at this point
Rated 14 Sep 2013
Personally my least favorite out of the Scream series. There are some pretty dumb things in this movie. Some characters are just there to either look suspicious, or die. The new voice changer is so fucking stupid. Whatever, It sums of the series pretty well and Is a whatever ending....until the 4th one.
Rated 30 Aug 2011
Pretty damn good
Rated 02 Nov 2013
This movie gets a lot of flak for being cliche. It might be a little bit, but even a bad Scream movie is better than a lot of other horror films. The thing that bothered me the most in this was the fact that I didn't care as much about the people being killed. They were actors playing the parts of the Woodsboro victims. So, the audience isn't too emotionally involved in them. The twist at the end is great and the action and violence are top notch. Some great cameos in this too. It's not bad.
As entertaining as the rest of them,
Rated 09 Sep 2010
pass time comedy
Rated 04 Nov 2010
#00s(e)#, popcorn, story, 'pt1-2'
Rated 26 May 2009
worste of the scream movies
Better than Scream 2, not as good as Scream. This retains the tone and wit of the series well while tying up all the loose ends nicely as the trilogy is closed out.
Bah. It was the sucks.
Rated 20 Mar 2007
Yea, this one is great...
Rated 25 Dec 2012
Nosedive.
Rated 20 Mar 2007
The final chapter to "Scream" couldn't feel a whole lot more careless and disappointing than this without actually being "Scary Movie."
aaaggghhh!!
Rated 13 Nov 2007
Not that different from previous scream movies
Rated 21 Apr 2009
Ugh
Clearly the weakest of the 3 - not worth bothering to see.
A Scream Too Far
Rated 05 Jun 2010
STILL GARBAGE THIRD TIME AROUND, GUYS!
Rated 10 Mar 2023
Hmm. A bit too caught up in the meta and the lore to ever work on its own terms like the first two as a genuinely tense slasher, and as a cartoon it spends too little time in the slasher Synecdoche of the set to get playful. The lore is pretty convoluted for a "Hollywood is the core of depravity" climax that hits softer than it should due to how strained it feels narratively. When it embraces being a Scooby Doo movie it can be fun but this feels much less natural extension of the story than 2.
Rated 23 Feb 2019
It reminded me that Courteney Cox had acted in Friends, a prolonged episode of which would be almost indistinguishable from a major chunk of the movie, at least in visuals, performances and approaches to comedy. The slapstick elements, however. were done right for the first time in the franchise.
Rated 27 Nov 2022
Scream 3 dials the series' "tongue-in-cheek" factor way up and makes for an enjoyable, if uninspiring entry, one that is easier to digest than the second film.
Rated 30 Oct 2021
the sights are set now on the moneymakers in Hollywood and their depravity. It lacks the violence of 2 or the well, everything of 1 but I found myself loving the absolute meta-ness of the film set backdrop. A lot like the 2018 Halloween in that it’s a return to a characters past and them having to deal with the trauma of those worlds after ignoring it for so long. Parker Posey rocks as always. How much did Craven know? "Hollywood is full of criminals whose careers are flourishing”
Rated 30 Jul 2009
Definitely a disappointment after the first 2, which were both really good.
Rated 28 Mar 2012
Not feelin this one. Didn't like reveal at all and feels even longer than the rest, which one of the series' biggest weak points.
Rated 23 Aug 2007
ok
Rated 18 Aug 2014
The weakest of the Scream trilogy for me. Mainly because it focuses on a mystery that isn't overly interesting. I believe the film had writer/script problems with Kevin Williamson unavailable and this would seem to explain why the third film doesn't match the first two.
Rated 20 Nov 2008
I'm about 80 percent sure I actually saw this
Rated 04 Mar 2009
They just had to, didn't they?
Rated 15 Jan 2009
weakest in the trilogy
A well made ending to one of the best horror franchise. It does have the series' known humor and great casting (Parker Posey!), with a beautiful picture quality. But, it's definitely laking in the scares compared to the first two, but it's still a classy affair for horror fans.
Rated 23 Nov 2006
Cannot escape the cliches it tried to make fun of.
Rated 22 Jan 2012
Plot 6/20 Fiction 7/20 Casting/Acting 7/20 Worldbuilding 5/20 Entertainment 3/20
As is the case when you get into the 3rd or higher entry for most horror series, Scream 3 descends into that territory where there is too much comedy and not enough horror. Sure, all of the Scream movies have had a certain amount of comedy, but it's always been evenly balanced with scares; I did not feel that balance held true for Scream 3. For me, this was definitely an unnecessary sequel.
Rated 03 Jan 2013
Rated 17 Jun 2014
Gets so far up its own ass and isn't half as clever as it thinks it is. The fact that this is the only one out of Craven's four Scream movies that Kevin Williamson didn't write is impossible to miss. Craven's execution is about on par with the previous two, but the script is leagues inferior, and the twist is just stupid this time around. Despite myriad problems, I was still quite entertained all throughout and had plenty of laughs with and at the movie
Rated 23 Jan 2009
A franchise that starts out as a mockery of conventional horror movies ironically makes a mockery of itself.
Rated 06 Sep 2008
worst of the 3
Rated 05 Aug 2021
Very very underrated and that Carrie Fisher cameo was just perfect
Rated 24 Oct 2011
I knew I was going to hate it when Jay and Silent Bob showed up. what the hell was the point of that?
Rated 11 May 2010
They should just stop. The first was bad enough.
Rated 15 Oct 2023
The question of can they pull off the trick of 'Scream 2' a second time, can be answered with a big Yes!
Mining a name for more cash, delivering only mild thrills and worst of all, pooping on a franchise's legacy. Sunk the third Candyman, too.
Rated 10 May 2011
I wuda given it 60 or lower if i wasn't a fan of the director, but this is just a simple standard slasher schlock type of movie that seems a bit better than it actually is due to the amazing cast and the (sorta) skilled hand of Mr.Craven.
Rated 26 Jan 2009
entertaining
Rated 14 Apr 2011
Parker Posey takes a below average movie and sinks it to the depths of the unsalvageable in this ridiculous bookend to the trilogy written by Ehren Kruger, apparently responsible for every bad screenplay known to Hollywood. If the writing isn't wretched, the casting will kill it for you with a somehow less inspired cast than Scream 2's who's who of talentless rejects (at least most of those talentless rejects had name value). Scream 3 even manages to somehow outsuck Scream 2's killer twist.
Rated 14 Mar 2010
Just plain dumb and the concept has been run right into the ground.
Rated 20 Apr 2009
Not as good as the first two but the excellent way to end the trilogy.