Sherlock Holmes: The Woman in Green
Holmes and Watson investigate a series of bizarre and apparently unconnected murders, and the death of a possible suspect... (imdb)

Sherlock Holmes: The Woman in Green

1945
Crime

Rated 23 Sep 2014
a fun watch, even if there's not much menace out of the villains.
Rated 03 Oct 2011
this being my fifth rathbone holmes movie i can safely say that this is the best maintained long running series i've ever seen. even though none of the have been great, they're all fairly watchable and even knowing the plots of all the stories before watching them they still remain entertaining.
Rated 24 Dec 2010
Good work from Rathbone, Daniell, and Brooke (as a sultry femme fatale) and some imaginative direction bolster this (very) loose adaptation of Conan Doyle's "The Adventure of the Empty House".
Rated 08 Sep 2009
With its mystery revealed by the end of the first Act, the script struggles to keep things going afterwards. Hillary Brooke is a nice addition but Henry Daniell comes off as rather bored. Moriarty's plans to subvert Homles also don't make much sense. A decent rental that doesn't hold up to further viewing.
Rated 27 Feb 2016
Not bad.
Rated 29 Jul 2011
Hillary Brooke makes a great femme fatale, but I thought the film as a whole suffered from a lack of suspense. I mean, really, did anyone in the world (apart from Watson) think Holmes had been shot by that sniper? Speaking of Watson, there are a few moments in this where he crosses the line from "bumbling" and verges into "annoyingly idiotic" territory. The story is not too bad, and it's a light, easy watch, but it plays out exactly like you expect it to and is pretty forgettable.
Rated 07 Feb 2007
Disappointing. The production value is lousy, and the story just doesn't hold a candle to the Doyle stories.
Rated 29 Nov 2009
I was with it right up until all the hypnotism came into play, then I was sort of like, "huh?" Still, the villain's plot had me guessing up to that point, and there were a couple thrills to be found here and there. Hot 1940s chicks too.
Rated 09 Dec 2009
This was something that I really tried to get into but it just wasn't as good as I expected. I plan on watching some more of these with Basil Rathbone as I heard that these movies were pretty good. This was alright, with some decent acting, but I thought that this could have and should have been better.
Rated 16 Apr 2020
Let the mind games begin. Certainly a clever one of the Sherlock Holmes/Basil Rathbone movies, even if the pace was a bit slow at times.
Rated 21 Jan 2022
The hypnotisation of a very skeptical Dr Watson is most entertaining as is the unparalleled ability of Mr Holmes to fake a state of hypnotisation (much to the chagrin of Professor Moriarty). Speaking of which, I'd like to know the properties of the NMDA receptor antagonist that Sherlock Holmes ingested to deaden him from the pain of Dr Simnell's needle; it works magically well!
Rated 16 Jun 2023
Passable and mostly enjoyable Rathbone/Holmes film. It has most of the strengths and weaknesses of the other Rathbone Holmes films I have seen. Not a bad way to spend an hour but I'll have forgotten it by next week.