2006
Action
While practicing motocross in Hawaii, Sean Jones witnesses the brutal murder of an important American prosecutor by the powerful mobster Eddie Kim. He is protected and persuaded by the FBI agent Neville Flynn to testify against Eddie in Los Angeles. They embark in the red-eye Flight 121 of Pacific Air, occupying the entire first-class... (imdb)

2006
Action

Rated 31 Jan 2008
Not unlike "There Will be Blood", this movie delivers exactly what the title suggests.
Rated 02 Sep 2010
Disappointing. Too much of the film is played straight, not enough over-the-top crazy. Needed at least an old cop one day away from retirement, an indian snake charmer with a tuba, and a drunk priest with a baseball bat. Extremely forgettable, apart from about two novelty deaths. The classic line totally comes out of nowhere, so awkward.
Only scored it so high because I saw it in the theater. It would probably be a 75 on DVD, but the crowd was amazingly loud and into the movie, and it was the most fun I think I've ever had in a movie theater.
Rated 04 Nov 2007
This shit is as terrible as you'd expect it to be. The only amusing part is the snake attacks, but you could gat all that in a 2 minute clip. The rest is terrible acting and a story that makes no sense. Some might offer the excuse that it doesn't take itself seriously, but that excuse only works for a movie that's actually funny.
Rated 05 Oct 2014
Little known fact: this movie directly led to the U.S. government to create the Federal Air Mongoose Service, ensuring that every plane is outfitted with mongooses, just in case of a snake outbreak on most any domestic flight.
For as many low expectations that this film has produced, it has dished out just as much entertainment. It's a real ride, and it's a ton of fun. Sure, it's ridiculous, but rarely is it distasteful or campy. It's hard to call it a a smart or deep movie, but there is no denying that it is relentlessly entertaining. Most aspects of the film, such as acting and dialogue, are actually pretty good. Awesome!
As fun as you would expect, but not as bad. I mean, it's not like it was a masterpiece of modern cinema, but it didn't suck as bad as some of the stuff that Sam Jackson's been associated with.
Rated 29 Jun 2013
If the title seems to hold out the promise of fun and entertainment, the reality turns out otherwise.
Rated 20 May 2009
I can't objectively rate it any higher than this, because lets be real here, this is not a good movie. But I'd be remiss to go any lower, as I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely entertained by this flick. A lot of the time I was laughing at the movie, not with it (the guy who plays Eddie Kim is either a comic genius or the worst actor of all time), but there are a lot of memorable moments. The theatrical experience of seeing this movie with an audience was unforgettable. Ridiculous fun.
Rated 07 Jul 2013
"Snakes on a Plane" made me take a "Snooze on my Sofa".
Rated 29 Jul 2008
Entertaining first time around, second time around is really boring.
Rated 22 May 2007
What should've been an absolutely hilarious film is instead *intentionally* cheesy and not that good. At all. The film was recut after the internet went into a fervor over the title and it became just another cynical attempt at making money. In the attempt to do so, the joke became passe before it was released.
Rated 12 Jan 2007
I enjoyed it and it was a lot of fun when the theatre's audience went nuts at *The Line*, but it's ultimately a piece of dung that just managed to get some gold spray on it thanks to the Internet.
Some kid I knew in high school was a raging snake enthusiast, so I figured he'd have been all over this movie. Nope. He didn't see it because (his words) it reinforces negative stereotypes and fears that people have about snakes. Now that's stupid. Maybe even more stupid than this movie, if that's possible. Also, I read on the internet about packed houses screaming stuff at the screen like Rocky Horror, but when I went to see it, there were SIX fucking people in the theater! I got gypped!
It's exactly as bad and/or good as you'd expect. Amusing, but not a particularly good action movie.
Rated 27 Apr 2009
Even with the stupid internet stuff it it doesn't make a good movie. Along with the horrible song at the end.
Rated 25 Feb 2011
This was an ok movie, even for the silly title. Sam Jackson fulfilled his role as the all american bad ass and of course he is considered a Bad Ass Mother F*&@$%, so yeah. The overall plot of the movie is predictable but thats what makes it fun. This was a good movie for laughs and fun. Look for the little things in the movie, (i.e. Microwave has snake button on it)
Rated 30 Jun 2008
I don't have to many 0 rankings but this is surely 1 of the few I do have.
Rated 28 Sep 2022
This movie was trendy so I was skeptical, but it was entertaining light horror. Nothing that terrible happens, none of the characters have depth, but it is a good adventure from the "pilotless plane in trouble" genre so ably satirized by the best movie ever made ("Airplane!") years ago. If you accidentally munch a brick of PCP this is what you should shove in the blu-ray player before the gnomegoblins appear.
Rated 27 Jun 2010
If it was not for the coolness factor of Samuel L. Jackson and the plot itself which is legendary, this would be a major disaster. It still is a major disaster, but it's a good enough ride through the world of cliches and lousy one-liners to keep you busy for 2 hours.
Rated 05 Sep 2009
One line in this is completely awesome, but it's a testament to how bad the rest of it is that it was added to the movie as a suggestion from the internet.
Rated 14 Jun 2014
This is not a good movie by any means but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. It actually gets better and it goes. At it's best it would've rated it a 60 and at it's worst a 10, doing the math it scrapes by with a 43.
Rated 10 Aug 2009
It understands exactly how people are going to see it, and has as much fun with that as possible.
Rated 15 Feb 2007
If I were rating the theatrical experience here, I would give it a 100.
Rated 08 Feb 2007
I saw this in a theater with a full house and I had a blast! People were screaming and cheering, it was incredible. And the movie wasn't that bad! But, I feel as though this film will suffer when on DVD when forced to be viewed alone on a small screen. Here's my hope: This film is the new Rocky Horror Picture show. There'll be a late-night showing every Saturday and ever SoaP fanatic shows up in costumes and throws a party in the theater. It's what this movie deserves. Sam Jackson demands it
Laughably bad but on purpose which makes it OK. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have been very entertained if it wasn't for the fact I was with a large group of friends. Some of the movie is pretty funny but unless you've got a group of buddies who don't mind terribly-bad-on-purpose-flicks I wouldn't recommend it.
Fun and silly
Rated 11 Jan 2007
The gag got old long before the movie premiered, but to be fair, I've seen worse.
Rated 01 Mar 2007
Just make sure you see it with lots of friends and as big an audience as possible.
Rated 12 Aug 2008
This might be the silliest thing EVER! So fun... I wish they would have raised the campiness level though.
Rated 05 Sep 2007
It doesn't take itself seriously, sure, but that doesn't really seem to excuse anything. The filmmakers' motive seems to have been to create a cult following and a financial success, and unfortunately it seems to have succeeded. There are countless films I'd jump to before this one if I wanted mindless action, a terrible plot, and awful dialogue--all of which Snakes on a Plane has in spades. Avoid.
Enjoyable, if remarkably daft film which does exactly what it says on the tin. While the low budget shows through at times, in paricular the shots of the plane from the outside and several bits are poorly cut (that line feels out of place), Ellis keeps his tongue firmly in cheek while not crossing the line into stupidity.
An enjoyable brain-off flick, but clearly not the cult phenomenon it's been pushed as. For one thing, few of the beloved B-movies are so rife with product placement. Anyone want a Red Bull? Kenan Thompson, despite not being particularly good at anything, is compellingly watchable. But of course, it's supposed to be Sam Jackson's show, and I wish he'd been given more to do, especially since it seems like they ran out of good snake gags fairly quickly. They should have spaced them out more.
Rated 06 Oct 2014
After about 15-20 minutes into the movie, I felt like something important was missing. So I paused it, located a sheet of black construction paper and cut it into the shape of an eye patch. After that, I taped it to the screen and resumed watching.
It was exactly what you'd expect if not ever so slightly better.
Rated 21 Feb 2011
the movie could have been named "shit on a reel" and the title still would describe the situation very accordingly.
Rated 12 Jan 2012
Seems like the type of movie to earn itself a bunch of silly, direct-to-video sequels. In fact, I'd say this movie sort of feels like that, but with Samuel L. Jackson. Some of the acting is okay, some of it is fairly poor. It's just as cheesy as the title leads you to believe. I'm surprised so many people love this. It's worth watching once if you're in the mood for something fairly short and reasonably entertaining.
Rated 19 Oct 2010
The entire movie is written around Jackson's famous line about snakes. I prefer the family friendly version that was filmed for tv, "I've had it with these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane".
Rated 11 Jun 2007
They specifically reshot a few scenes to appease the internet fans. And it was a pretty silly take off of all the old plane disaster movies.
The best movie going experience I've had in a while.
Rated 15 Aug 2008
Alright enough to watch through once, has a few good laughs. I can't see anyone wanting to watch it twice though.
Rated 29 Nov 2011
Too aware that it's tongue in cheek to actually be funny or clever, but there is something about it that it sort of becomes funny again because it thinks it's being so funny.
Rated 16 Nov 2009
Honest to God, it STILL takes itself too seriously.
This was the most fun I have had in the theater in a long time. This movie won't win any awards, but I loved it. Truth in advertising! Jackson gives a great performance, and yes he does say "it". The biggest suprise of the whole film was Keenan Thompson. I was really impressed - he was very good. If you have followed SoaP on the web, you will love it!
Rated 02 Jul 2009
It is worth a good laugh.
Rated 17 Jul 2022
Rated 30 Oct 2008
As Chuck D use to say... "DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!"
Rated 23 May 2011
Cheese, but solid, enjoyable cheese.
Rated 24 Feb 2010
just for the line.
Rated 21 Jun 2010
Shit was so retarded. Seriously. Why Samuel L. Jackson did this, is a mystery to me.
Rated 21 Sep 2021
Silly meme movie, didn't give me much of a reason to like it, but it wasn't awful though. Just silly.
Rated 01 Oct 2007
The product placement was even better than the snakes. "Thanks be to the Playstation" indeed.
Rated 06 Dec 2008
Incredibly entertaining, but not a legitimately good film. Needs a theater to do it justice.
Rated 04 Dec 2009
This movie was way too over hyped.
Rated 19 Jun 2008
B-movies shouldn't have product placement. Congratulations, internet, you made Hollywood dumber than it already was.
Rated 09 Dec 2007
The worst parts of this film were when it was sane, sensible and emotional. The rest was retarded and awesome as a result.
Rated 27 Dec 2011
I love Samuel L. Jackson, but this movie really wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.
Rated 30 Nov 2010
It is fairly entertaining, but it doesn't have all that much good going for it. I suppose that's where the term "B-movie" comes in, but it being called a horror film is laughable. The snakes are shown as menacing, but people don't seem to be all that afraid of them. The actors don't show any real emotion, and the plot is incredibly simple, even for a so-called "horror" film. If the title interests you, it isn't a terrible waste of time, but if it doesn't, stay away, because you won't like it.
Rated 14 Dec 2014
barely entertaining b-movie
Rated 01 May 2020
What I expected was drivel. What I got was, scary, funny and generally a good time.
Rated 31 May 2008
Funny, dammit.
Rated 21 May 2010
Cute.
Rated 01 Mar 2017
Would be a 0 if you take out Samuel
Rated 05 Oct 2009
It's not a good movie. It realizes that, and enjoys itself. It's a fun romp that doesn't take itself seriously, and fully enjoys it's B-movie status. It's no critically-acclaimed masterpiece, but it's a FUN movie.
Rated 19 Jul 2013
The film really could have gone further with its stupidity and absurdity, but it still has enough silliness and ridiculously overt product placement to make it enjoyable. In terms of laughably stupid yet watchable Samuel L. Jackson horror films, though, it still doesn't even approach Deep Blue Sea.
Rated 08 Feb 2007
Dare I call it the most important film of a generation raised on the Internet? A pop culture phenomenon to which all memes should aspire. Nothing beats watching it at the theater with a midnight crowd of ironic moviegoers. Bonus points for having a theme song, and an awesome one at that.
Rated 19 Oct 2007
The hype was tripe.
Rated 12 Sep 2007
As a B-movie it was fine, but under the weight of all that expectation, it folded a bit.
Rated 21 Feb 2011
I fucking hate snakes. Oh my god I fucking hate snakes so much.
Rated 02 Apr 2022
I wavered between hating this film and laughing along with the silliness of remembering the memes at the time. This films had more stars than it should have had. The plot is thin and I would've been interested in more of a presence from Eddie Kim, the villain. The witness was bland. The deaths were predictable. Fav scenes: David Koechner's inappropriate jokes at inappropriate times; the snake expert was surprisingly competent and had a good grasp of the resources needed for this disaster.
As long as the developments keep shifting, Snakes on a Plane is able to keep from sinking into the trappings of its own b-movie essence. Alas, once the snakes pop out of the proverbial can, the rest is all madness and mayhem, with very little in the way of fun surprises and interesting events.
Rated 23 Aug 2015
Who thought of this concept?
The PSI generate an 85 for me on this one... I don't know if that reflects a poor generator or my own poor taste in films :| What I'm hoping about this movie is that they realized how bad it was going to be right from the start, and purposely threw as many clichés into it as possible. If so, good job, and I enjoyed the comedic relief.
Rated 29 Jul 2007
motherfuckin lame.
Rated 13 Aug 2010
Maybe Internet nerds can't develop great movies.
Rated 16 Jan 2007
stupid funny man i don t know any human being more cooler than samuel jackson
Rated 06 Jan 2014
Snakes on a Plane lives up to its title, featuring snakes on a plane. It isn't perfect, but then again, it doesn't need to be.
Rated 21 Apr 2007
Weak attempt to create a cult movie.
Rated 09 Apr 2010
Was funnier reading about the movie before it came out than actually sitting through it. Not a bad time, though.
Rated 18 Oct 2010
"Wow, almost the entirety of the plane's passengers just got killed by a bunch of murderous snakes let on by hooligans". "Yeah man, let's go surfboarding." *cue Misirlou*
Rated 29 Mar 2011
This is another one of those piece of shit movies that must be see to be believed. Its so unbelievably bad, yet so unbelievably fantastic. Seriously, this is a must watch, preferably with your loudest most rambunctous friends. If you can get people to leave the theater because you are so loud then you have succeed in watching this film correctly.
Rated 25 Jul 2007
Not campy enough to be a cult classic and not well done enough to be mainstream good.
Rated 25 Aug 2007
B movie fun, seriously. Just go with it.
Rated 21 Jun 2009
Tries hard to be "so-bad-it's-good", but occasionally dips to just "bad".
Rated 11 May 2016
It could have been so much better, but the script is just so damn lazy. All those wasted characters... Still, it was funny enough to entertain me throughout the whole movie
Rated 12 Jul 2008
Snakes on your plane.
Rated 21 Sep 2010
Silly and fun enough if you suspend rational thought. Maybe more movies should let the internets write them.
Rated 30 Dec 2007
First words that came up with me : What the fuck ? But i found out it was a joke that got out of hand from some Hollywoodstars , and everybody could send in their idea's , wich they used in the movie. Filled with silly way to die and stupid one liners.
Rated 22 Jan 2008
The hype was funny, but all that is worthwhile in the film is seeing the objects of that hype.
Rated 21 Jul 2009
Would've worked had it been a little more loose. There are wildly entertaining moments and the (in)famous line from Jackson--watch it if you like stupid B-movies.
Rated 01 Jan 2013
Boring and CGI. I couldn't understand if the movie was serious or a parody and didn't succeed in capturing spirit and ideas typical to both types. Acting and action were hilarious and boring at the same time. just that one-liner at the end is what makes people watch such movies.
Rated 08 Jul 2008
Yes, I saw SOAP in the theaters... It actually didn't live up to my expectations as being extraordinarily cheesy. It was really just bad...
You know what? It actually wasn't all that bad! Shocker of the year! Best theatre experience of 2006...or ever for that matter.
Rated 08 Sep 2011
Worth seeing,funny at times, but a b-movie effect-wise.
Rated 05 Feb 2008
The perfect example of a failed camp experience. Leave your tents in the closet, folks.
Rated 15 Oct 2008
Jesus why did I want this movie? It gets 2 for boobs, then -1 for snakeboobs.
Rated 15 Oct 2008
So, so bad.
Rated 04 Apr 2007
I've had it with this motherfucking Snakes on a Plane.
Rated 17 Apr 2011
So bad it's almost good.
Rated 05 Aug 2013
This movie consists of a lot of campy horror, but also some very decent comedy and even some decent horror, with a badass character that could have only been played by one actor. Excellent entertainment!