Snow White and the Huntsman
Snow-White-and-the-Huntsman

Snow White and the Huntsman

2012
Drama, Fantasy
In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen. (imdb)
Franchise: Snow White
Amazon VideoApple TVfuboTVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store
USA Network
Peacock Premium

Let me get this straight. You cast Kristen Stewart; I'm going to say that again; Kristen Stewart in a role where her whole reason for being is that she is supposed to be more beautiful than Charlize Theron? Who's casting this movie, Stevie Wonder?
What a dire, stupid and absolutely atrocious bit of cinema. Go here! Go there! Go here! Go there! Oh you like structure, well fuck you. Oh you like scripts, well fuck you. Oh you like caring about characters, well fuck you. Oh you like pretty picture, well actually you're in the right... No! You get no credit for being such trash. Blargghhh. And I've just vomited all over myself.
Soulless and often boring. Stewart is completely wrong for this role, and she does a terrible job, giving what's basically a non-performance. On the other end of the spectrum, Theron goes pretty crazy with hers - which is both entertaining and somewhat grating. Hemsworth and the parade of stars playing the dwarves acquit themselves well enough, but there is no one good reason to go see this more-or-less watchable, competently produced but ultimately too uninspired dud.
This film had no idea what it wanted to be. It bordered between Braveheart and Disney, never finding a voice, nor ever engaging me at any point. I cared for none of the characters and spent much of the time checking my watch.
"Mirror , Mirror on the wall who is the scene chewiest of them all?" Charlize Theron.

Submitted bytoro913toro913 on 26 Apr 2012