Criticker.com - Film & TV Recommendations and Community
profile
0 rankings

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li ()

Your Rating

Summary: Based on the popular video game franchise, female fighter Chun Li embarks on a quest for justice. (imdb)

Genres: Sci-fi, Suspense/Thriller, Action, Adventure

Country: Canada

Directed By: Andrzej Bartkowiak

Written By: Justin Marks

Starring: Chris Klein, Robin Shou, Michael Clarke Duncan, Josie Ho, Kristin Kreuk, Neal McDonough, Moon Bloodgood, Taboo, Pei-pei Cheng, Krystal Vee

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

StatsStats
CollectionsCollections
FindFind
RatingsRatings
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li belongs to 15 collections
1. Films available in HD (public: moderated by kubricksucks - 10 stars)
2. Kickass / Badass female starring roles (public: moderated by whatismyname - 10 stars)
3. Based On Video Game (public: moderated by PeaceAnarchy - 7 stars)
4. Sequel (public: moderated by td888 - 5 stars)
5. Worst of criticker (public: moderated by avgcrtckr - 4 stars)
6. Eligible for Academy Award Best Picture 2009 (public: moderated by Ross - 1 star)
7. The Flop House Podcast (public: moderated by mucow - 1 star)
8. Street Fighter (public: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer)
9. Reboot (public: moderated by djross)
11. Criticker Hates You (private: donkeyjelly - 1 star)
12. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
13. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
14. 2009, Missing (private: Matthew Parkinson)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
87T4
DougReese DougReese
Ytadel Ytadel
40T4
Astoundingly, gloriously awful. That the action scenes, plot, characters, and dialogue are excrementitious should surprise no one, but special shoutouts must go to Chris Klein, who gives one of the all-time great terrible performances, induing Charlie Nash with cringe-inducing, laugh-out-loud "attitude" like he missed that fact that 80's action movies have been gone for two decades. 30 extra points for brilliant badness.
hotsake hotsake
56T2
Meta_Critic Meta Critic
andagh andagh
5T1
Let off some steam Balrog?
riseoffall
willow
sw0 sw0
10T1
This whole movie Chun-Li was crying like a bitch. So annoying.
murtyrock murtyrock
80T6
orcunyondem orcunyondem
joeroxy joeroxy
4T1
I checked my lowest rankings and came to the conclusion this film from no on will be my new worst movie. Congratulations to the director, screenwriter and cast, especially the fellow who played 'Gem'.
Hitsugaya
ThaKakarot ThaKakarot
22T1
TidusFFX
42T2
When not even Moon Bloodgood isn't enough to save a movie, it's bad. Kreuk is more anorectic than ever and absolutely can't act. A few good moments are buried under a lot of nonsense. However, I quite liked the soundtrack.
madiso madiso
50T4
Jorg
phil_ii phil-
joseywales joseywales
Laughable.
OMGFridge OMGFridge
0T1
Unwatchable trash. Why was this even made?
SicilianClan SicilianClan
imdb imdb
43T1
ozgurrt
elchupa
4T4
Wiche Wiche
13T1
Did I really see a Kamehameha in this flick? Because I've seen that in Dragonball Z already and that's a cartoon.. What a machobehaviour, it really annoyed the crap out of me. This film was bad in every way it could have been.
chiefg chiefg
5T1
This movie has been the milk of my operation. But even milk has an expiry date. DVDSNAP.
murdemotion murdemotion
sterling sterling
66T1
doctor7 doctor7
25T2
Everything you've heard about Chris Klein is this movie is 110% true. He's an absolute gem in this pile of horrendous trash. It's like he was filmed entirely with another crew who all knew the kind of movie they were making while Kristin Kreuk was under some dillusion of the film's greatness. Needless to say she's terrible and every moment Klein isn't on the screen in glorious Seagal/Norris/Bronson fashion this movie hurts. But when he is this movie soars into over-acting comedy town.
siahvasch siahvasch
Moonriver Moonriver
dst7175 dst7175
10T1
What a joke this movie is. Chris Klein maybe the worst acting ever. The movie is so bad it makes it boring. But Kristin Kreuk is hot so i gave this movie a 10 because of her.
MCR
55T2
RTomatoes
DrewTheDude DrewTheDude
1T1
The only good thing about this movie is MOTHERFUCKIN BALROG!
Cantstopdrew Cantstopdrew
28T1
filmaffinity filmaffinity
Detox Detox
20T1
This was bad enough to entertain me. I laughed a lot.
optimalD
72T1
rothkochapel rothkochapel
micah
20T1
Terrible action movie that features the phenomenally poor casting choice of American Pie's Chris Klein as a hardboiled detective. Every scene he's in is so hammed up that it's entertaining despite the wooden dialogue. The action for most of the movie is uncreative. There aren't even any street fights.
cminferno cminferno
46T2
The protagonist is as compelling as a block of wood, the fights are horribly dull and the plot is a contrived mess. I can't imagine someone actually read this script and thought it was good, I mean who's the audience? It steps on too many toes to be for the fans, but its too stupid to be for anyone else. I suppose they could use this as a replacement for the death penalty. I can't tell which would be worse.
epillepsy
tedrock tedrock
akaryakar
whatismyname whatismyname
40T1
It was one of those shitty films I wanted to watch. Seeing how I liked the 'Dragonball Evolution' film, I thought there was a chance I'd like this, didn't quite turn out that way. Kristin Kreuk seems to have aged since I've last seen her in 'Smallville' (granted it was the first season that I watched). Damn, Robin Shou hasn't aged since 'Mortal Kombat'. Chris Klein, lol..
tunchan
IMDb_byvotes IMDb-byvotes
38T1
isenonder
Poseur117
15T1
God, I wanted to like this movie so bad. Highlights include Neal McDonough even if his Bison is nothing like in the games. Robin Shou shows up as someone. Gen, I think. That was cool. Well, I guess that's it for the highlights.
filmcricket
EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
68T2
kangadoodoo kangadoodoo
purgatos purgatos
2T1
"He has been the milk of my business, but even milk has an expiration date." - M. Bison, scary evil man.
Lovecraft
caocao caocao
24T1
This would've been a success had it been 'Street Fighter: Legend Doesn't Begin to Describe Charlie Nash'. Sadly it wasn't. One can only hope for sequels.
fuquaz fuquaz
Dobermann Dobermann
sekerli
chaotron chaotron
5T1
It's amazing that the two most ridiculous characters in a Street Fighter movie are "regular" cops. I wonder how everyone managed to keep a straight face while saying their absurd lines. Five points for unintentional humor.
MUBIvotes MUBIvotes
12T1
KeanuGrieves KeanuGrieves
lotr_sam0711 lotr-sam0711
BradRapstars
15T1
Chris Klein acting for all he's worth is the only redeeming feature of this giant pile of shit. Seriously, how did no-one in the course of the creation of this movie take a deep breath and go "Oh wait, this is a pile of shit!"
dice dice
Snazz Snazz
yupppie
MrBlackTron MrBlackTron
90T9
İnsan izlerken, senelerdir tanıdığımız Chun-Li nin geçmişi ve yaşamı bu kadar iyi çekilebilirdi diye düşünüyor. Dövüş sahneleri başarılı, aksiyon kıvamında, içeriğinde birçok soru işaretini cevaplaması nedeniyle de senaryo yerinde, kısacası Street fighter seven birinin mutlaka izlemesi gereken film.
Trapspringer Trapspringer
JudgeX
Bitch_Alert Bitch Alert
20T1
How did that japanese kid become a westerner? That's what I want to know.
denizg denizg
jordanlige
100T6
Bubsy3D
15T1
this movie is why i love the van damme street fighter
Luna6ix Luna6ix
10T1
this was a joke right? a very unfunny joke. just to clarify, if you base a movie on a fighting video game that has no plot then the product is a movie that has no plot--that seems pretty logical.
karabe karabe
Mop3rs Mop3rs.
arzinger
Gide0n
ChrisPalm ChrisPalm
30T1
Haha, this movie actually tries to be serious
RoXoN RoXoN
DaWolfey DaWolfey
11T1
Is she supposed to be a super hero, or just a vigilante out for revenge? If the film doesn't know then we don't know either. At the end she decides to go to a kung-fu tournament. "I HEARD A GUY CALLED RYU IS IN THAT TOURNAMENT, YOU BETTER LOOK OUT FOR HIM" *turns to camera* (That is an actual line from the film). I guess they plan on making a film for each character, but seeing how big a disaster this one was, I hope not.
Indy Indy
mferracioli
Kraven1905 Kraven1905
navi navi
55T7
Really a bastardization of Street Fighter, but some of the fight scenes were well-done. Duncan's intentionally awful performance is great though.
mihoyem
63T2
Cronos
Farzan Farzan
10T1
haha, chris klein, you fucker, you suck. Oh and this movie contains one of the worst lines i have EVER heard in my entire life; "This man is the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiry date" snaps neck. WHAT THA FUCK IS THAT
gogokain gogokain
5T2
This is terrible for a movie, but it's even worse for a live action Street Fighter movie. Which says a lot, considering the only other movie in that category. Enjoy fine dialogue such as "Your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date". Laugh as "that kinda hot girl from Smallville" tries and fails to carry a Hollywood film all on her own. Cry as Robin Shou mispronounces "Ryu". Despair as Chris Klein sets the craft of acting back to the precambrian era.
Hyomil Hyomil
westborn westborn
kafadar kafadar
Talvitie Talvitie
25T1
Kristin Kreuk does a much better than I expected, but the script is just too stupid and the directing sucks too. Michael Clarke Duncan does awesome role as Balrog, but he can't save the movie. If you're looking for an entertaimin movie for ten year old lil girls, then choose this movie.
RyuKang1995 RyuKang1995
luke420187
YJLcool
Kusanagi Kusanagi
15T1
I mean, what do you expect from a movie based off a fighting game?
unluvable unluvable
29T1
The only reason I went to see this movie was to support Kristin Kruek in her big screen career. This chick does it for me. So if she happens on the set of "Ishtar 2," count me in! Even with all the fanboy love I could muster, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this film. It's a movie one could easily find themselves walking out of. I only held out because of Kruek.
Ostenski Ostenski
I_am_prowler I am prowler
50T4
mikeparasol
40T2
Thoroughly enjoyable despite being astoundingly awful.
Ev@n
8T1
I had high expectations for this. Not that I ever expected it to be good of course, I had hoped that it would be laughably bad so at least I could get something out of it. Unfortunately I didn't get to laugh at it...just yawn. Grade: F
MovieCrazy21