Criticker.com - Film & TV Recommendations and Community
profile
0 rankings

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)

Your Rating

Summary: Based on the popular video game franchise, female fighter Chun Li embarks on a quest for justice. (imdb)

Genres: Sci-fi, Suspense/Thriller, Action, Adventure

Country: Canada

Directed By: Andrzej Bartkowiak

Written By: Justin Marks

Starring: Chris Klein, Robin Shou, Michael Clarke Duncan, Josie Ho, Kristin Kreuk, Neal McDonough, Moon Bloodgood, Taboo, Pei-pei Cheng, Krystal Vee

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

StatsStats
CollectionsCollections
FindFind
RatingsRatings
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li belongs to 15 collections
1. Films available in HD (public: moderated by kubricksucks - 10 stars)
2. Kickass / Badass female starring roles (public: moderated by whatismyname - 10 stars)
3. Based On Video Game (public: moderated by PeaceAnarchy - 7 stars)
4. Sequel (public: moderated by td888 - 5 stars)
5. Worst of criticker (public: moderated by avgcrtckr - 4 stars)
6. Eligible for Academy Award Best Picture 2009 (public: moderated by Ross - 1 star)
7. The Flop House Podcast (public: moderated by mucow - 1 star)
8. Street Fighter (public: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer)
9. Reboot (public: moderated by djross)
11. Criticker Hates You (private: donkeyjelly - 1 star)
12. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
13. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
14. 2009, Missing (private: Matthew Parkinson)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
KenMeisters KenMeisters
22T1
micah
20T1
Terrible action movie that features the phenomenally poor casting choice of American Pie's Chris Klein as a hardboiled detective. Every scene he's in is so hammed up that it's entertaining despite the wooden dialogue. The action for most of the movie is uncreative. There aren't even any street fights.
miznak
temperaguy
SnoopyStyle
50T3
MrBlackTron MrBlackTron
90T9
İnsan izlerken, senelerdir tanıdığımız Chun-Li nin geçmişi ve yaşamı bu kadar iyi çekilebilirdi diye düşünüyor. Dövüş sahneleri başarılı, aksiyon kıvamında, içeriğinde birçok soru işaretini cevaplaması nedeniyle de senaryo yerinde, kısacası Street fighter seven birinin mutlaka izlemesi gereken film.
Litigator
korbenPL korbenPL
8T1
sw0 sw0
10T1
This whole movie Chun-Li was crying like a bitch. So annoying.
ZombieBuffet ZombieBuffet
madiso madiso
50T4
SlantMag SlantMag
5T1
"Like a failed offspring sullying its family name, this laughable would-be diversion has only its digitally-based predecessors going for it." - Rob Humanick
areels areels
lostinlodos
97T10
chiefg chiefg
5T1
This movie has been the milk of my operation. But even milk has an expiry date. DVDSNAP.
umutation umutation
18T1
MentalCritic MentalCritic
kenlahen
mikeparasol
40T2
Thoroughly enjoyable despite being astoundingly awful.
denizg denizg
Holygrail2
dice dice
OMGFridge OMGFridge
0T1
Unwatchable trash. Why was this even made?
rhinderman rhinderman
92T7
Namo-Plus
DrewTheDude DrewTheDude
1T1
The only good thing about this movie is MOTHERFUCKIN BALROG!
cminferno cminferno
46T2
The protagonist is as compelling as a block of wood, the fights are horribly dull and the plot is a contrived mess. I can't imagine someone actually read this script and thought it was good, I mean who's the audience? It steps on too many toes to be for the fans, but its too stupid to be for anyone else. I suppose they could use this as a replacement for the death penalty. I can't tell which would be worse.
isenonder
Charlie Charlie
Ytadel Ytadel
40T4
Astoundingly, gloriously awful. That the action scenes, plot, characters, and dialogue are excrementitious should surprise no one, but special shoutouts must go to Chris Klein, who gives one of the all-time great terrible performances, induing Charlie Nash with cringe-inducing, laugh-out-loud "attitude" like he missed that fact that 80's action movies have been gone for two decades. 30 extra points for brilliant badness.
wihajster wihajster
jacko
kennardjon
navi navi
55T7
Really a bastardization of Street Fighter, but some of the fight scenes were well-done. Duncan's intentionally awful performance is great though.
bedirhankara bedirhankara
whisperinal whisperin_al
65T1
unluvable unluvable
29T1
The only reason I went to see this movie was to support Kristin Kruek in her big screen career. This chick does it for me. So if she happens on the set of "Ishtar 2," count me in! Even with all the fanboy love I could muster, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this film. It's a movie one could easily find themselves walking out of. I only held out because of Kruek.
eric_jan eric-jan
Jorg
Paradol
andagh andagh
5T1
Let off some steam Balrog?
yasirb
21T1
coveleski
batman123
70T1
gogokain gogokain
5T2
This is terrible for a movie, but it's even worse for a live action Street Fighter movie. Which says a lot, considering the only other movie in that category. Enjoy fine dialogue such as "Your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date". Laugh as "that kinda hot girl from Smallville" tries and fails to carry a Hollywood film all on her own. Cry as Robin Shou mispronounces "Ryu". Despair as Chris Klein sets the craft of acting back to the precambrian era.
Farzan Farzan
10T1
haha, chris klein, you fucker, you suck. Oh and this movie contains one of the worst lines i have EVER heard in my entire life; "This man is the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiry date" snaps neck. WHAT THA FUCK IS THAT
FlashCalahan
Barkinson
Snazz Snazz
CMQuinn CMQuinn
joeroxy joeroxy
4T1
I checked my lowest rankings and came to the conclusion this film from no on will be my new worst movie. Congratulations to the director, screenwriter and cast, especially the fellow who played 'Gem'.
peekingpanda peekingpanda
Indy Indy
19T1
whatismyname whatismyname
40T1
It was one of those shitty films I wanted to watch. Seeing how I liked the 'Dragonball Evolution' film, I thought there was a chance I'd like this, didn't quite turn out that way. Kristin Kreuk seems to have aged since I've last seen her in 'Smallville' (granted it was the first season that I watched). Damn, Robin Shou hasn't aged since 'Mortal Kombat'. Chris Klein, lol..
letterboxdvo letterboxdvo
16T1
Tripwyre Tripwyre
18T2
Spectacularly bad. The worst movie I've seen in theatres since Fantastic 4. The script is inconcievably poor, and lazy. Superfluous narration, kung fu fight, atrocious dialog, kung fu fight, EVEN MORE NARRATION! If you must see this, it is to witness Chris Klein, acting like Christian Slater would if he'd taken lessons from David Caruso. To her credit, Kreuk isn't half bad, but Shou gets a laugh from every scene (not on purpose), and the effects budget is cheap cheap cheap. Terrible, but funny.
abu_89
achm3d
86T2
TidusFFX
42T2
When not even Moon Bloodgood isn't enough to save a movie, it's bad. Kreuk is more anorectic than ever and absolutely can't act. A few good moments are buried under a lot of nonsense. However, I quite liked the soundtrack.
Varcour
JosefBeeby
Timon88 Timon88
30T3
The Criticker score-prediction thing is so odd... it predicted a score for me equal to that which I gave "What Dreams May Come", easily the worst, most pretentious piece of shit I've ever seen. For what this is--action schlock--well, there's a lot worse out there. Some entertaining dialogue, better-than-average acting jobs from the leads, and a good visual esthetic. The too-numerous fight scenes are both entertaining and ridiculous, and--most importantly--mercifully short.
Ross Ross
10T1
Chris Klein has the hair of Christian Slater, the subtlety of Jim Carrey and the acting ability of, hmm, Chris Klein. This makes him laughably bad. Sadly the entertainment of watching him destroy every line is the only interesting part of this film.
LordBeefJerk
doctor7 doctor7
25T2
Everything you've heard about Chris Klein is this movie is 110% true. He's an absolute gem in this pile of horrendous trash. It's like he was filmed entirely with another crew who all knew the kind of movie they were making while Kristin Kreuk was under some dillusion of the film's greatness. Needless to say she's terrible and every moment Klein isn't on the screen in glorious Seagal/Norris/Bronson fashion this movie hurts. But when he is this movie soars into over-acting comedy town.
visceroid visceroid
WilliamOTyle
poltergeist poltergeist
Bubsy3D
15T1
this movie is why i love the van damme street fighter
Taliban Taliban
0T2
Luna6ix Luna6ix
10T1
this was a joke right? a very unfunny joke. just to clarify, if you base a movie on a fighting video game that has no plot then the product is a movie that has no plot--that seems pretty logical.
deanazhollis
caro-fe
kurisu1974 kurisu1974
chemical404 chemical404
6T1
Another pathetic attempt to make a cool movie.
clayj41 clayj41
sophie sophie
Yuck.
caocao caocao
24T1
This would've been a success had it been 'Street Fighter: Legend Doesn't Begin to Describe Charlie Nash'. Sadly it wasn't. One can only hope for sequels.
corley
jordanlige
100T6
ChrisPalm ChrisPalm
30T1
Haha, this movie actually tries to be serious
Marcos92 Marcos92