Criticker.com - Film & TV Recommendations and Community
profile
0 rankings

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)

Your Rating
500 characters left

Summary: Based on the popular video game franchise, female fighter Chun Li embarks on a quest for justice. (imdb)

Genres: Sci-fi, Suspense/Thriller, Action, Adventure

Country: Canada

Directed By: Andrzej Bartkowiak

Written By: Justin Marks

Starring: Chris Klein, Robin Shou, Michael Clarke Duncan, Josie Ho, Kristin Kreuk, Neal McDonough, Moon Bloodgood, Taboo, Pei-pei Cheng, Krystal Vee

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li belongs to 14 collections
1. Kickass / Badass female starring roles (public: moderated by whatismyname - 10 stars)
2. Films available in HD (public: moderated by kubricksucks - 9 stars)
3. Based On Video Game (public: moderated by PeaceAnarchy - 7 stars)
4. Sequel (public: moderated by td888 - 5 stars)
5. Worst of criticker (public: moderated by avgcrtckr - 4 stars)
6. Eligible for Academy Award Best Picture 2009 (public: moderated by Ross - 1 star)
7. The Flop House Podcast (public: moderated by mucow - 1 star)
8. Street Fighter (public: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer)
9. Reboot (public: moderated by djross)
11. Criticker Hates You (private: donkeyjelly - 1 star)
12. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection
13. Ignored Films (your private collection) | remove from collection

Browse the full list of collections
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
40T3
Jorg
SlantMag SlantMag
5T1
"Like a failed offspring sullying its family name, this laughable would-be diversion has only its digitally-based predecessors going for it." - Rob Humanick
DaWolfey DaWolfey
11T1
Is she supposed to be a super hero, or just a vigilante out for revenge? If the film doesn't know then we don't know either. At the end she decides to go to a kung-fu tournament. "I HEARD A GUY CALLED RYU IS IN THAT TOURNAMENT, YOU BETTER LOOK OUT FOR HIM" *turns to camera* (That is an actual line from the film). I guess they plan on making a film for each character, but seeing how big a disaster this one was, I hope not.
sermat sermat
55T1
dangeek
78T3
TidusFFX
42T2
When not even Moon Bloodgood isn't enough to save a movie, it's bad. Kreuk is more anorectic than ever and absolutely can't act. A few good moments are buried under a lot of nonsense. However, I quite liked the soundtrack.
Skottis Skottis
1T6
corruptelite
Poseur117
15T1
God, I wanted to like this movie so bad. Highlights include Neal McDonough even if his Bison is nothing like in the games. Robin Shou shows up as someone. Gen, I think. That was cool. Well, I guess that's it for the highlights.
autocrat
WilliamOTyle
Sacit
Bubsy3D
15T1
this movie is why i love the van damme street fighter
umutation umutation
65T4
willow
OMGFridge OMGFridge
0T1
Unwatchable trash. Why was this even made?
bitoogii
JosefBeeby
Luna6ix Luna6ix
10T1
this was a joke right? a very unfunny joke. just to clarify, if you base a movie on a fighting video game that has no plot then the product is a movie that has no plot--that seems pretty logical.
yasirb
21T1
ivyy ivyy
yuh
Farzan Farzan
10T1
haha, chris klein, you fucker, you suck. Oh and this movie contains one of the worst lines i have EVER heard in my entire life; "This man is the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiry date" snaps neck. WHAT THA FUCK IS THAT
Abba Abba
Meta_Critic Meta Critic
cutegirlbutt
mikeparasol
40T2
Thoroughly enjoyable despite being astoundingly awful.
Dobermann Dobermann
PerryStroika PerryStroika
JudgeX
joeroxy joeroxy
4T1
I checked my lowest rankings and came to the conclusion this film from no on will be my new worst movie. Congratulations to the director, screenwriter and cast, especially the fellow who played 'Gem'.
Tripwyre Tripwyre
18T2
Spectacularly bad. The worst movie I've seen in theatres since Fantastic 4. The script is inconcievably poor, and lazy. Superfluous narration, kung fu fight, atrocious dialog, kung fu fight, EVEN MORE NARRATION! If you must see this, it is to witness Chris Klein, acting like Christian Slater would if he'd taken lessons from David Caruso. To her credit, Kreuk isn't half bad, but Shou gets a laugh from every scene (not on purpose), and the effects budget is cheap cheap cheap. Terrible, but funny.
Cataruxa Cataruxa
4T3
mchen
chiefg chiefg
5T1
This movie has been the milk of my operation. But even milk has an expiry date. DVDSNAP.
cengizhan cengizhan
chaotron chaotron
5T1
It's amazing that the two most ridiculous characters in a Street Fighter movie are "regular" cops. I wonder how everyone managed to keep a straight face while saying their absurd lines. Five points for unintentional humor.
imajericho
9T1
Timon88 Timon88
30T3
The Criticker score-prediction thing is so odd... it predicted a score for me equal to that which I gave "What Dreams May Come", easily the worst, most pretentious piece of shit I've ever seen. For what this is--action schlock--well, there's a lot worse out there. Some entertaining dialogue, better-than-average acting jobs from the leads, and a good visual esthetic. The too-numerous fight scenes are both entertaining and ridiculous, and--most importantly--mercifully short.
westborn westborn
davidbmunoz
Paradol
50T2
optimalD
BradRapstars
15T1
Chris Klein acting for all he's worth is the only redeeming feature of this giant pile of shit. Seriously, how did no-one in the course of the creation of this movie take a deep breath and go "Oh wait, this is a pile of shit!"
Detox Detox
20T1
This was bad enough to entertain me. I laughed a lot.
ShogunRua ShogunRua
7T1
One of the worst films ever made. The combination of hilariously awful acting, one of the worst cast leads AND villains ever, atrocious fight scenes, asinine plot holes, and meaningless shots and sequences makes the first Street Fighter film seem like a great action gem by comparison.
geegasm
8T5
sophie sophie
Yuck.
gogokain gogokain
5T2
This is terrible for a movie, but it's even worse for a live action Street Fighter movie. Which says a lot, considering the only other movie in that category. Enjoy fine dialogue such as "Your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date". Laugh as "that kinda hot girl from Smallville" tries and fails to carry a Hollywood film all on her own. Cry as Robin Shou mispronounces "Ryu". Despair as Chris Klein sets the craft of acting back to the precambrian era.
batman123
Risingashes
teashon teashon
dst7175 dst7175
10T1
What a joke this movie is. Chris Klein maybe the worst acting ever. The movie is so bad it makes it boring. But Kristin Kreuk is hot so i gave this movie a 10 because of her.
Shawn
61T1
hotsake hotsake
48T2
rottentomat rottentomat
4T1
chemical404 chemical404
6T1
Another pathetic attempt to make a cool movie.
andagh andagh
5T1
Let off some steam Balrog?
Talvitie Talvitie
25T1
Kristin Kreuk does a much better than I expected, but the script is just too stupid and the directing sucks too. Michael Clarke Duncan does awesome role as Balrog, but he can't save the movie. If you're looking for an entertaimin movie for ten year old lil girls, then choose this movie.
Wiche Wiche
13T1
Did I really see a Kamehameha in this flick? Because I've seen that in Dragonball Z already and that's a cartoon.. What a machobehaviour, it really annoyed the crap out of me. This film was bad in every way it could have been.
lapcat01
22T1
Gide0n
Ev@n
8T1
I had high expectations for this. Not that I ever expected it to be good of course, I had hoped that it would be laughably bad so at least I could get something out of it. Unfortunately I didn't get to laugh at it...just yawn. Grade: F
JJM
50T6
KMcNeil KMcNeil
0T1
Terrible movie, awesome entertainment. "This guy walks through the raindrops", "you've just inherited a big problem" and "your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date" are some of the finest dialogue you'll ever find in a movie. All the scenes without Klein are nigh on unbearable, but every scene with him is comedy gold. Going through the entire movie with one facial expression and hamming it up like he was in a sandwich, he absolutely kills it.
ZombieBuffet ZombieBuffet
Architeutis Architeutis
Soulmerge
GentlemanRC GentlemanRC
GordonBombay GordonBombay
21T1
Movie based on a game, seldom a good idea.
I_am_prowler I am prowler
50T4
aaasolanki aaasolanki
50T1
If I had one word to describe the movie it would be stereotypical. Big ganglord whom the whole world is trying to catch, dashing officer from Interpol, unbelievably hot chic as the local police officer from Thailand, daddy's girl that learns wushu (some sort of martial arts/kung-fu) and later learns to create balls of energy with a master... Phew. Get over with it.
SnoopyStyle
HKi HKi
42T1
Ross Ross
10T1
Chris Klein has the hair of Christian Slater, the subtlety of Jim Carrey and the acting ability of, hmm, Chris Klein. This makes him laughably bad. Sadly the entertainment of watching him destroy every line is the only interesting part of this film.
KeanuGrieves
26T2
Crazy_Jack Crazy Jack
Kusanagi Kusanagi
15T1
I mean, what do you expect from a movie based off a fighting game?
murtyrock murtyrock
k0stasp1
40T4
micah
20T1
Terrible action movie that features the phenomenally poor casting choice of American Pie's Chris Klein as a hardboiled detective. Every scene he's in is so hammed up that it's entertaining despite the wooden dialogue. The action for most of the movie is uncreative. There aren't even any street fights.
barisius barisius
reeses87
80T7
RoXoN RoXoN
mercury127
caocao caocao
24T1
This would've been a success had it been 'Street Fighter: Legend Doesn't Begin to Describe Charlie Nash'. Sadly it wasn't. One can only hope for sequels.
CMQuinn CMQuinn
9T1
CHOICECOD CHOICECOD
ChrisPalm ChrisPalm
30T1
Haha, this movie actually tries to be serious
doctor7 doctor7
25T2
Everything you've heard about Chris Klein is this movie is 110% true. He's an absolute gem in this pile of horrendous trash. It's like he was filmed entirely with another crew who all knew the kind of movie they were making while Kristin Kreuk was under some dillusion of the film's greatness. Needless to say she's terrible and every moment Klein isn't on the screen in glorious Seagal/Norris/Bronson fashion this movie hurts. But when he is this movie soars into over-acting comedy town.
UcanPenguen UcanPenguen
jazzykid
80T3
unluvable unluvable
29T1
The only reason I went to see this movie was to support Kristin Kruek in her big screen career. This chick does it for me. So if she happens on the set of "Ishtar 2," count me in! Even with all the fanboy love I could muster, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this film. It's a movie one could easily find themselves walking out of. I only held out because of Kruek.
luc luc