2004
Action
This action adventure from the creators of "South Park" features an all-marionette cast as Team America, an international police force dedicated to maintaining global stability. (Paramount)

2004
Action

Rated 16 Jan 2007
This movie delivers the funny in many flavors: silly songs, celebrity impersonations, gross-out humor, puppet sex, political satire, and the mockery of self-important Hollywood liberals. But I think where it succeeds best is the skewering of about 100 retarded movie clichés. The "montage" song in particular is hilarious.
Excellent. So absurd, it's hilarious. Over-the-top, bloody, offensive, wonderful.
Rated 26 Apr 2011
AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! Coming again to save the motherfucking day yeah! Best sex-scene, best vomitting-scene, best destruction-of-Paris-scene and there are many more best-scenes! Derka-Derka, Muhammad Jihad FTW! Oh... And lets not forget: MATT DAMON!
Rated 17 Mar 2012
Matt and Trey use their status to make a movie about how much it annoys them when people use their status to make a point. This is a movie whose message is "everyone is an idiot except us!".
Rated 20 Feb 2013
I just like the stupid voices D:
Rated 11 Apr 2007
Maybe there were some redeeming factors somewhere, but it's hard to see them through Parker and Stone's grating playing of both sides of the political divide. They get all the weight and heat of a satire without ever making themselves vulnerable in taking a stance. It's hard-going.
Rated 27 Mar 2012
Matt and Trey have a unique ability to present clever satire in the most completely immature way possible. More laughs than almost any other movie I've seen. The melancholy version of "America, Fuck Yeah" kills me.
Rated 29 Apr 2008
There's just something so... intriguing.. about wooden puppet's in promiscuous positions.
Rated 01 Aug 2009
Really obnoxious and, contrary to what you've heard from your neighbourhood libertarian, actually quite stupid.
Trey and Matt do it again, and with marionettes of all things. You'll laugh, you'll laugh, and then you'll repeat the jokes to your friends and pretend you made them up. Good times.
A pretty good satire with some hilarious moments, but there were also many jokes that fell flat, and it has a very obnoxious attitude to everything, which eventually wears thin.
Rated 22 Feb 2010
Somewhat amusing political and social satire which pokes fun at everything in the media. The only problem is that in typical Parker/Stone fashion they fail to commit to any real views and just use this as a platform to conveniently make fun of everyone.
The problem is that too much of the humor is shock and not parody, watching it a second time is painful
Perfectly lampoons the big budget action films and the foreign policy of America at the time. The packed theatrical audience roared with laughter throughout. Strikes a fine balance of what makes good puppetry that can tell a story and when bad puppetry makes it funny. The script, jokes and production is spot on. All the best satires are prophetic and 10 years later this still pretty well encapsulates what's wrong with Hollywood and what we're doing in the Middle East (unfortunately).
One of the most overrated movies of 2004. The real cats and the AIDS song are the lone highlights.
At times it's really funny, but Stone and Parker really only have one point to make and drag it out for too long. Every joke is run into the ground and by the end you just want it to be over.
Rated 22 Dec 2008
One of the greatest pieces of art from any medium humanity has created.
Rated 11 Feb 2007
I'm not really a fan of Parker and Stone but this was pretty good.
Rated 05 Mar 2007
George Bush's favourite song is in this.
Rated 08 Mar 2007
A funny satirical and unbias look at early 21st century America through the world of puppets.
Rated 18 Mar 2007
Funny movie but it's often times a little too much for its own good and it takes way too many pot shots at people for it to be taken seriously at all.
Rated 22 Mar 2007
Hi-LAR-ious.
Rated 26 Mar 2007
I masturbated to the puppet sex.
Rated 08 Jul 2013
# americafuckyeah
Rated 30 Nov 2009
An incredible amount of effort went into this novel concept. It's the kind of idea a lot of filmmakers would joke about making, but that's about as far as anyone would expect it to go. Trey and Matt never fail to go further than expected, and I'm glad.
Rated 20 May 2008
Not being an enthusiast of south park, T.A. didn't appeal to me when it came out. Just barging in on the mood for light entertainment I was fullfilled. Living in a muslim country "allah, mohammed, cihad" trio may have offended me, but hey does all those orientalist to the bone, conspiracy on world politics movies do more? I guess not. Smiled all the way, if not laughed. Replica of a 100 million dollar action movie having the same entertainment value is curious enough.
Rated 27 Dec 2010
When I first saw this movie, I laughed so hard at the puppet sex that I ended up damaging my internal organs.
Rated 06 Apr 2009
This is a wacky movie. Just the set up of using the string puppets makes it an easy laught. Some parts seem to be a little over the top with that Kim song, but the bar scene and the parody on Rent were pretty funny. About what I thought it would be. If you are just looking for a laugh and aren't easily offended you should like it.
Rated 26 Feb 2012
Maaaaatt Damon!
Rated 01 Jul 2007
Hilarious. The best parody of modern action cinema I've ever seen. The fact that it stars stiff puppets just makes the joke that much better.
Rated 25 Mar 2024
Goddamn it, they did it. They finally did it. Peak satire. Why even keep trying? Every stupid movie trope in every stupid movie ever rolled up into one stupid movie. The racism doesn't always play as parody, but if you don't laugh, the Terrorists Win and Harambe gets gassed.
Rated 02 Feb 2009
underrated.
Rated 09 May 2012
America... America... America, FUCK YEAH! Coming again, to save the mother fucking day yeah, America, FUCK YEAH! Freedom is the only way yeah, Terrorist your game is through cause now you have to answer too, America, FUCK YEAH! So lick my butt, and suck on my balls, America, FUCK YEAH! What you going to do when we come for you now, it's the dream that we all share; it's the hope for tomorrow FUCK YEAH!
Rated 08 Jun 2023
like starting off with an immodest proposal and then wasting it by ending with well actually someone's got to eat into the population numbers of those Irish beggars and it might as well be us. fuck yeah!!!
Rated 08 Feb 2012
As actors, it is our responsibility to read the newspapers, and then say what we read on television like it's our own opinion.
Rated 11 Sep 2008
Hilarious. The only real satire here isn't on politics, but Bruckheimer/Bay-style action films. It's a really interesting study in the role of film soundtrack, if anything. But no political agenda -- it's actually quite critical of Hollywood pushing politics, but shows us that actors can save the world...in movies. Loses some of its charm in repeat viewings, but there's a lot of very funny stuff here and the third act kills every time. "We're guards." Some great little winks to film buffs, too.
Rated 25 Apr 2008
I'll never laugh so hard for so long at a puppet vomiting. Ever.
Rated 10 Mar 2009
There's almost nothing clever about this movie, and nothing so funny it can elicit more than a smirk. This is the sort of comedy present in America's funniest home videos, or Def Comedy jam in the early 90s. Sure, they swear a lot and act generally obnoxious while trying to be offensive but really only succeed in being trite.
Side-splittingly funny, great musical acts. And PUPPETS!
Rated 12 Jun 2022
Made it through 32 minutes of this. Making a comedic twist on a genre works when you have clever ways of subverting its tropes, but here everything is merely exaggerated with no clever twists whatsoever. Why is a Broadway actor singing "Aids aids aids" funny? Why is Arabs speaking gibberish with lots of "Jihad" and "Muhammad" mixed in funny? I have no problem with offensive jokes, but being offensive doesn't make something automatically funny.
Rated 21 Jul 2009
Has moments, but really, isn't that good
I thought it was a very funny, although very blunt, satire. To be fair though I think you have to be this obvious to get through to some people. In fact I've spoken to a few other people (both that hated it and loved it) and didn't even understand that it was a satire. How is that even possible?
Rated 20 Sep 2018
Although it is largely hit and miss with its South Park-style gags and the concept of puppets doing disgusting things gets old after a while, Team America: World Police is the satire that we needed but didn't deserve. The political jokes are second-to-none and encapsulate the thinking of the United States post-9/11 in ways that get funnier and sadder with each passing year and each passing failed military intervention.
Funny enough, but not nearly as sharp as Parker and Stone are at their best. The bombastic send up of American hyperpatriotism is not half-bad, but they could have done a better job on their attacks on the left (Moore as a superfat terrorist? Lame celeb humor - excepting the brilliant Matt Damon gag? Sounds like "An American Carol"). I thought maybe that, as a liberal person, I was being oversensitive, but upon careful reflection they could have (and have) done better.
Rated 11 Jul 2011
Team America: World Police isn't a film you need to watch. The main reason for this is that it relies -- almost on a scene-to-scene basis -- on Hollywood clichés that you've already grown tired of. Almost every scene in this movie will have been seen many times before. Making fun of these scenes quickly grows tired. The visual style is unique though, so if you can handle the mundane experience that is watching this movie, then you can appreciate that style.
Rated 19 Jun 2009
Occasionally clever, but the jokes mostly revolve around an Asian who can't pronounce English words correctly, the acronym for Film Actors Guild ("FAG"), and puppet humor. I dunno what people see in this movie.
Rated 27 Nov 2010
Ridiculously detailed.
Rated 11 May 2011
Brilliant, scathingly funny satire with hysterical songs.
The only thing keeping this from being a perfect film is its unintentional homophobia. Other than that, it's probably one of the better films of this decade. It's consistently hilarious, and definitely has a thing or two to say.
The gimmick gets old fast
This film is at once biting satire of action movies and politics and really hilarious comedy. It's unfortunate that it's some what lowbrow humor at times but most of the humor is really very funny. In the future, it'll be remembered as a comedy classic. Kim Jong Il makes a wonderful supervillian.
Rated 19 Apr 2009
It is rare for me to laugh this hard at a movie. Doubled over non-stop for nearly the whole film, it's probably the hardest or one of the hardest I've ever laughed at a movie, ever.. One of the most biting satires I've ever seen in my life, and with several Oscar-worthy original songs to boot.
Rated 27 Aug 2010
I feel so alone on this one. It's juvenile crap disguised as satire... either that or I just don't care. Don't care to watch puppets, don't care for vulgarity for vulgarity's sake, don't care that they make fun of EVERYONE. There are a couple of humorous moments, and I did like the Pearl Harbor Sucks song. This movie plays out like 10 bad episodes of Robot Chicken in row, and STILL is better than Pearl Harbor.
I'm so ronerey!!!! I love the boys stone and parker and here they simply shine. The soundtrack is simply genius, and recreates the sounds of just about every Bruckheimer film effortlessly. Not to mention the puppetry from the chiodo brothers (Killer klowns from Outer space)
Like South Park, mixes genius satire with moments of slapstick. Fantastic the first time, and still good on repeat viewings.
Rated 17 Apr 2009
Fuck yeah!
Rated 20 Feb 2015
Everything you'd expect from Stone & Parker, but not quite as good as South Park. The best part is actually just how incredibly well made it is. I've never seen supermarionation done on this kind of scale. Then again, I've never seen a puppet pile drive another puppet.
Rated 16 Jan 2016
Honestly, this movie was a mixed bag for me... I guess? Haha I laughed out loud quite a bit, but was utterly embarrassed and/or afraid to look in some spots of the movie altogether. Team America: World Police will entertain fans of Trey Parker's work (South Park) and 'might' appeal to others not familiar. Purposely bad, and it works pretty well. Not the funniest comedy, but still pretty damn funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQaH3-LK54
if you dont have a thick skin, dont watch this. if you do, make sure to get the uncensored version....dont watch with your parents or young children (under 17 kinda young. they'd get it, but youll feel weird for watching it with them
Rated 17 Mar 2013
Brilliant Thunderbirds style undertaking, with a general summing up of the patriotic fervour and sense of justice American media & government was pumping the airwaves with immediately following the 9/11 mark. Poor Mr. Damon.
Rated 15 Jul 2008
hilariously obscene
Rated 11 Dec 2006
sweeet
"DICKS ALSO FUCK ASSHOLES."
Rated 26 Nov 2009
Best comedy of the decade.
Rated 07 Aug 2015
Memorable!
Rated 01 Apr 2007
A funny movie that appeals to the lowest denominator that exists within us all.
Rated 08 Apr 2007
Some very funny parts, but the joke does get old kind of fast.
Rated 25 Nov 2013
Aiming in several directions and often quite successfully and funny, but there are also a few lacklustre and lame sequences - and overall this is better at genre-mocking than political satire, and seemed better the first time around than on repeated viewing. *Preview*: #13#, re-3*, popcorn, liked, oldies(2), R2 }*{ #05#, reviews, story.
Rated 27 May 2007
An extremely clever satire (albeit mixed with potty humor) from Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Some less insightful people might see it as a glorification of America, but that's blatantly not the case. You'll enjoy this film if you like South Park.
Rated 24 Jun 2024
some funny moments but this was mostly tedious and raunchy fare. someone cut the strings!!
Rated 21 May 2013
I saw it again years later :/ still, I laughed enough the first time it kinda makes up for it
Rated 02 Dec 2008
Hilarious! WARNING: puppet sex!
Rated 02 Sep 2012
nice and fun and with real ideas
Rated 24 Jan 2016
The most musically charged satire in recent memory. Tone shifts seamlessly between action films of the flashy 00's and cornball '80s, our jingoistic puppet heroes often hilariously preoccupied with romantic subplot while policing the world. Every prominent South Park sensibility is worked here for better or worse with one decisive upgrade - inspired visual design. "You maverick renegade!"
Rated 02 Aug 2007
The puppet-epic of our time, South Park creators create a scathing social satire that was originally rated NC-17 for "gratuitous puppet sex", you know this is a film that needs to be watched to be believed. The South Park boys do politics and puppets like no other.
Rated 05 Aug 2009
Very good!!! Very funny!
Rated 27 Jan 2008
Derka-derka. Feels like one big drawn-out joke. Not particularly bad or anything.
Rated 16 Apr 2012
This film is simply legendary. It makes fun of everything under the sun (Kim Jong Il, terrorists, Michael Moore, etc). Some disgusting scenes too. It is a piece of crap and a gem at the same time.
Rated 24 Oct 2014
Just not really all that funny (with the exception of a vomiting scene). Most jokes miss the mark.
Rated 20 Jun 2008
Over the top, even for the South Park creators. And quite funny in parts. The graphic puppet sex scene is cringe worthy but no more so than most in other films with real actors. Matt Damon!
Funny enough, puppets are pretty horny.
Rated 22 Oct 2011
Trey Parker and Matt Stone surprise us with how damn entertaining they can be -- the song numbers are impressive, the cinematic quality is original, the satire is scathing and never mis-steps or falls into it's own traps, the violence is terrific, the gross-out humour is hilarious, and this just ends up being a much more entertaining and funnier film than it should be. And it's got one of the best puke scenes ever -- that should certainly count for something
Rated 01 Aug 2010
So ridiculous, so awesome.
Rated 26 Oct 2010
Suprisingly, this movie gets better on each subsequent viewing.
I can't stand this movie, but the songs are kinda funny.
Rated 23 Aug 2008
Ridiculous, ludicras, over the top, unneccessary, and uncalled for. Although, there's a speak in the middle of the film that is some how so clever, so brilliant, and so profound (while still so incredibly vulgar), yet it makes the whole film worth it just to hear that speech.
Rated 10 Mar 2009
A little cheesy at times, but funny for most part.
Rated 19 Aug 2007
Atypically unwatchable for {arker and Stone
Entertaining to a degree but uninterestingly dumb most of the time. Sex scene is one for the history books, though.
Rated 14 Jan 2021
There are a few funny moments in this movie but there are so many jokes that miss their mark. Overall this movie is disappointing.
Rated 09 Jun 2009
The libertarians(Stone&Parker) really take the piss out of everyone in this.
Rated 04 Feb 2009
More like Team America : World Police, amirite?
Rated 23 Oct 2007
Bad. Boring. Disgusting. Unwatchable. Predictable.
I lov South Park. I did not love this. See it anyway.
Rated 11 May 2011
I'm getting too old for this kind of humour.
Rated 02 Feb 2011
Hasn't aged well, has it
Rated 22 Feb 2008
Different and creative, and soooo hilarious. Parker and Stone can make me love anything.
Funny stuff and a great satire.
Rated 20 Jan 2019
This film is so WILDLY inappropriate and VERY far from being PC and yet its great. Racist, sexist, pervy puppets saving America. If you have never seen puppets 69 (sans genitals) then you should watch this film.
Rated 10 May 2017