2015
Sci-fi
When John Connor, leader of the human resistance, sends Sgt. Kyle Reese back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor and safeguard the future, an unexpected turn of events creates a fractured timeline. (imdb)

2015
Sci-fi

Rated 19 Aug 2015
While watching this movie I had to sneeze so loudly it felt like a part of my brain could've come loose. That worried me for a sec. What if I'd suffer a brain aneurysm in the following minutes? My poor parents... Oh, not because I'd have died, but because they'd forever be known as 'the parents of that loser who nerdraged so hard at Terminator Genisys his brain broke'. Then again, this movie insulted Terminator fans to such a degree it's a miracle I even survived the experience.
Rated 01 Jul 2015
Every single thing that happens in this movie before they go to 2017 is great. When they walk into the time machine walk out of the theater.
Rated 20 Oct 2015
Terminator: Phil Collins was made by three separate crews working in triple shifts, with little to no communication between them. One shot a straight remake of The Terminator, one shot an increasingly out-of-ideas Terminator 5, and one just tried to do the most confusing Doctor Who episode in years.
Rated 04 Jul 2015
A great opening and some promising ideas are ruined by a sloppy script and amateurish execution. The nods to T1/2 were amusing and the recreated scenes entertaining, but they didn't do nearly enough with it! Instead, they go off the deep end and veer into an uninteresting and messy intersecting timeline nonsense. They try to cram so much random shit together it was disorienting and unsatisfying. In the end, they've somehow managed a movie even worse than Salvation. Fuck that was bad.
Rated 23 Jun 2015
Does a great job setting everything up time travel/altering-wise, but once the producers come in halfway (just about when they travel to 2017) with their indifferent action shabangs focus is gone, and storyline is reduced to blowing shit up. Guess that's just what we do these days. Courtney once again proves he is a poor man's Sam Worthington (ouch!) and the chemistry between him and 2xClarke is close to non existing. What could have been great ends up mediocre.
Rated 25 Jun 2015
Okay first act, but if this is what Skynet is fighting against then yeah, kill us all.
Rated 08 Aug 2015
The only question that matters is where does this fall in the pantheon of "5th in the action series" movies. Well, it's not as good as M:I Cruise Control by a long shot, but it isn't as bad as Jai Courtney's other 5th, Die Hard with Vodka. It automatically loses to Dirty Harry 5: Celebrity Death Match because that has Liam Neeson. I would say it's equivocal but favorable to Rocky V: Rockying in the Streets. Jack Ryan: Young Again doesn't count and screw Superman Returns. SCREW SUPERMAN RETURNS.
Rated 01 Jul 2015
The Terminator franchise is dragged to the lowest depths yet with this reboot that attempts to change the canon of the series but fails on every level. The plotting is a convoluted mess, essentially an unending stream of sophomoric action scenes broken up occasionally by exposition streaming from Arnold's lips. The movie keeps attempting to change up the formula that we are used to, and doesn't really find its way as a result.
Rated 28 Jun 2015
Terminator Genisys is a two hour long reason to watch Terminator 2 instead. That's a recycled mini-review, but this is recycled Hollywood mediocrity, so who cares. Starts off decent but goes downhill with gusto once it leaves the 80s setting. The biggest mistake they make in the Terminator franchise is showing any post-war scenes; The franchise was always about the threat of looming apocalypse, not the aftermath, which never comes off right anyway. I hate when films miss their own point.
Rated 09 Jul 2015
the first act serves mainly as a reminder just how awesome the originals are. while this walk down nostalgia lane (i read they even got nike to refurbish the original vandals reese is wearing) was exactly what was needed to get things going for me, the feared colossal fuck up did ensue promptly. i won't go into details, because honestly those seem to evade me already, but from the moment they travel "back to the future" this movie becomes one huge dump on everything you love about the franchise.
Rated 25 Jun 2015
The possibly best premise among all the Terminator sequels gets lobotomized after 40 enjoyable minutes, leaving (what feels like) two hours of mind-numbingly stupid shenanigans (John Conner's role/presence/mere existence in the last part of the movie defies logic to the point it gave me a headache trying to cognitively justifying it). The cardinal sin here, though, is how utterly dull and boring the action is.
Rated 11 Dec 2015
Daenerys Targaryen falls in a lake when she is seven only to give birth to the Cybernetic-Killing-Machine-Who-Will-Mount-the-World. Expected this to be way worse than it was, not surprised when it wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. Instead of whining about consistency across the series I've accepted the fact that the Terminator movies are about as connected as the "Ernest Goes To" movies...not to mention being about as scientifically accurate. KnowwhatImean?
Rated 05 Jul 2015
Having rewatched T1 and T2 in preparation for this film, I had hoped this new entry would at least wash away the sour taste left by its shoddy predecessor, yet little was I prepared for the abomination that followed -- a cringeworthy, needlessly convoluted clusterfuck of a sequel that pushes the already tired franchise even further down the drain. As a measure of my boredom, I spent most of the film's running time trying to best my score on Bubble Shooter while praying for a mass power outage.
Rated 06 Jul 2015
Whatevs, Internet! I dun give a fuuuuck! I mean, this is a deeply flawed film. The Terminator series should never have continued past 1991, and should still be known as the greatest two-film sci-fi masterpiece of all time. But since they did continue it, I had a decent time with this loopy, time-skewing, ambitious mess of a film. More, at least, than the "Give 'em more of the same!" laziness of Jurassic World or Ultron. CGI 1984 Arnie was pretty dumb though. Why not just reuse the '84 footage?
Rated 02 Jul 2015
The trailers were awful. It "stars" Jai Courtney. So obviously I had less than zero expectations. And, lo and behold, it turned out to be a pleasurable watch. One which the ratings by my kumpels seem to imply I ought to feel guilty about. Well, I guess I'll rewatch it at some point (purely for academic purposes of course), assessing the error of my ways (here I'd better interject that I still don't understand why nobody loves 'Rise of the Machines'... !), trying not to have too much fun with it.
Rated 22 Feb 2016
"Goddamn time-traveling robots covering up their goddamn tracks."
Rated 02 Jul 2015
Could have been even better had the trailer not given away everything. Emilia Clarke is always pleasant to watch, the action was fun, the story was pretty easy to follow. The end was a cop out, but I enjoyed this. It was a good time. It doesn't re-define action movies, especially in a year with Kingsman and Mad Max, but it's still a damn good time.
Rated 12 Oct 2015
they may not really have a clue why, but the people who made this movie really like the terminator movies. that's about the best thing i can say about it.
Rated 03 Jul 2015
To quote the late HAL 9000: "Stop...Arnold. Arnold...Stop."
Rated 03 Oct 2015
I'm sick of this "hey, let's reboot an old franchise with an alternate timeline so we can make more money without much effort" trend. I swear if I ever get a time machine, I'm going to fix everything and prevent these uninspired reboots by beating up some old codger with a cane to stop him from giving himself a sports almanac.
Rated 25 Jun 2015
A few nice touches are not nearly enough to save this from the very idea of mediocrity. Schwarzenegger is way better than the charmless pairing of Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney. Yes, the acting is really that bad.
Rated 30 Jun 2015
Terminator Genisys is a busy, relentlessly paced movie that doesn't really stop to let you think about the issues it has as it's playing. It's fun in the moment, but won't exactly leave you with a whole lot once it finishes, and might frustrate you retroactively. It's got plot holes, time travel issues, and a complete lack of depth - but its action, sense of humor, opening scenes, and two of its lead actors make it a passable movie.
Rated 16 Jul 2016
I actually dug the tie ins to the first and second movies (aside from some shaky Arnie CGI) but once it hits the final 45 minutes or so we are left with a cliched sloppy mess.
Rated 01 Feb 2018
A big step backward for the franchise, "Salvation" was progress, moving somewhere new. But "Genisys" is an old franchise trying to relive it's glory days. It's still a decent action movie though, and Schwarzenegger's age is the butt of a joke or two, he even takes it in stride. The decent action and entertainment of the three lead's chemistry eventually run out of steam in a lack luster last half hour featuring uninspired CG and a battle sequence that I could have cared less about.
Rated 24 Jan 2018
It's alright as an action film on its own, but as part of the Terminator series it doesn't come close to the first 2, or set the franchise back on track. In fact many of the best scenes seemed like carbon copies of moments from those first 2 classics. Emilia Clarke played a feisty fighter but not necessarily fitting the Sarah Connor mould. I can't even remember who the other guys were, they were so cyberdyne, sorry, anodyne. All in all, probably another one best forgotten.
Rated 22 Jul 2015
For a while, I was really stirring myself into a nerd rage about weird time travel mechanics. I had to give myself a mental wedgie and confiscate my own Yu-Gi-Oh cards to restore myself to sanity.
Rated 11 Jul 2015
Remember when we thought Terminator 3 was bad? Then the snooze-fest that was Terminator Salvation? Well the franchise descends to a new low with this one. Lot's of nostalgia pandering to the first two movies (you know, the good ones), needlessly convoluted plot and just plain boring to watch. Also, Hollywood, if you're listening, please stop casting Jai Courtney in movies, thanks in advance.
Rated 26 Jul 2015
Sometimes a film exists, and you watch it to verify its existence, but then you leave the theatre wondering if the film actually exists. Even if you have an answer, it doesn't really matter, because the film's existence doesn't matter. It's a paradox -- this film both exists and does not exist at the same time. Watch it. You will understand.
Rated 29 Sep 2015
Couldn't even finish this trash. At least the effects looked nice. It does nothing to wipe the slate clean after the unforgivable previous entry in the series, and only made the story less enjoyable.
Rated 13 Jul 2015
Prometheus called and said thanks for making its script seem passable.
Rated 28 Oct 2015
Yeah, it's a mess. I didn't outright hate it, but when the T1/T2 musical score welcomed the end of the film it felt like an insult. An insult that one of the great film scores was being used in Terminator movie that had no suspense, no threat and menace, but shit, we should be used to that by now, but it still feels wrong! It's just a standard CGI borefest, with the added fun that the plot is a tangled shambles of temporal gibberish. Casting was complete shite too... maybe I did hate it?
Rated 09 Oct 2015
They are just fucking with us now. John Connor is now the villain everybody. It's gotten so ridiculous and confusing that it's become laughable. I think you'd be hard pressed to find 2 people with less chemistry than Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney, every "romantic" interaction was pure cringe. Jason Clarke is awful once again, how that guy is in movies is beyond me. Weird looking with fucked up teeth and is in huge blockbusters seemingly every year as the lead, makes no sense
Rated 14 Nov 2015
"You're nothing but a relic from a deleted timeline." This sums up my feelings for this movie. It was an unnecessary sequel or (dare I say) spinoff. The story has redundantly eaten itself by now. At this rate they can keep making Terminator movies in which the future interferes with the past - it's the formulaic gift that keeps on giving.
Rated 06 Sep 2015
The humor is off, the references to the original films seem calculated, and the acting is terrible. Especially Jason Clarke is disappointing, seeing that he should have been the best actor of the bunch.
Rated 09 Jul 2015
'Terminator Genisys' recycles the dialogue, formula, characters, and imagery of its predecessors ad nauseam; with its convoluted story and mediocre script, the latest picture in the series quickly squanders anything resembling an original or promising idea, cementing the belief that this series is beyond obsolete.
Rated 08 Jul 2015
Went in expecting the worst, but actually kind of enjoyed it. Clarke and Courtney are miscast, Matt Smith is wasted, but Arnold and JK Simmons have fun with their roles, and Jason Clarke does an OK-enough job in a nigh-impossible role. The directing is competent, the plot makes sense if you don't think about it, the action is fun and the movie never slows down enough for you to pick at the plot holes and make it fall apart. Decent summer fun, 3rd-best Terminator movie (not that that's hard).
Rated 01 Jul 2020
It was around the third trip through time that the twisty plot crossed the line from "huh, interesting!" to "wut." but at least we had Simmons' wild-eyed O'Brien to add some comedic flavour to the mess ("Goddamn time traveling robots covering up their goddamn tracks!"). The main trio are engaging enough to take us through the wild action-adventure, though the romance is cringe-y and still on the shelf (cuz I didn't buy it. Heh) and Clarke's strong Sarah is often undermined ("Protect my Sarah").
Rated 14 Sep 2017
Proof that the series could be taken even lower. At this point, the film is insulting the films that came before. With so much fan service in Genisys, it just screams, "why don't you go watch these other movies which are much, much better than this."
Rated 15 Oct 2015
What is this... I just... What? I tried to understand the plot for about half of the movie, then my brain just shut off. Even being half braindead, the rest of the movie was stupid as shit.
Rated 04 Jul 2015
I'm not getting all the scorn. Sure, it's "sweet" at times but Cameron did that w/ the 2nd one too. The alternate timelines do get too complicated (not sure they even make sense) & the attempt at romance doesn't work since there's next to no chemistry (Reese is blandly heroic & Sarah's written in that fake hard-edged way that John Conner was in the 2nd) but the action works, the father/daughter dynamic is fresh & funny, & there's something moving about an aged action star playing an aged robot
Rated 07 Mar 2021
I like to believe this film is self-aware, in which case it's very fun.
Rated 02 Jul 2020
Is it a good Terminator movie? Probably not. A good action movie? Well if you put your brain on OFF, then you can sort of enjoy the ride. And if you ignore everything they did with John Connor...
Rated 07 Jul 2016
Edward Furlong should've reprised his role as John Connor, & Uwe Boll should've written & directed. THAT would've been quality entertainment. I spent the whole movie just wishing Sarah & Kyle would fucking die already.
Rated 02 Nov 2015
Genisys is a great example of what's wrong with Hollywood reboots: it cynically exploits nostalgia while bringing new ideas to the table that are extremely bad. The style is basically ripped off from Cameron, but it shows none of his flair for pacing, framing and composition. The 'plot' is as convoluted and pointless as it was in the previous two installments, and the 'twist' takes a gigantic dump on the entire franchise. Arnie looks bored and the new actors have zero charisma.
Rated 03 Oct 2015
How do they greenlight these scripts is a mystery to me...
Rated 22 Dec 2015
All 58 points go to the Arnold vs Arnold fight.
Rated 02 Jul 2015
Despite what James Cameron inexplicably says, if you love Terminator and Terminator 2 - you will loathe Terminator Genisys. Arnold can't save it. Anyone still got McG on the phone??? Yeah...I said it.
Rated 01 Jul 2015
NANOMACHINES! The Terminator franchise's answer to "how do we do what X-Men did and retcon the stuff that nearly killed us?" And by "stuff that nearly killed us", I mean everything since T2. Yeah, they totally cop out at the end, on a number of aspects (because let's face it, folks, there's gonna be sequels), and this is a textbook example of "the trailer gives away too much", but it was pretty enjoyable for what it's trying to be, even if the mythology is awfully convoluted at this point.
Rated 04 Sep 2016
Remember all the cool shit in this series? Let's do it again, all at the same time, with shitty actors and a shitty director. There's just so much garbage flying around simultaneously. It would almost be impressive if it weren't so stupid.
Rated 15 Jul 2015
Here's the trouble with Genisys: it's put together competently enough that it's not hard to watch. The action is good. But why? Why? Why does anything that happens in this movie happen? Those files were erased. Alternate timelines happen because sure. This film peaks when '84 Terminator arrives and we hear a sting from the original film's score. Why? Because the original film had a distinct style! And vision! Genisys has Jai Courtney, who has the on-screen presence of no-brand laundry detergent.
Rated 04 Oct 2015
Awful dialogue, predictable, numerous plot conveniences (crashed helicopter arrives minutes before our heroes) and lazy execution. It's mostly a copy of nearly every action scene in the first two movies, done worse. The bits that are not copies are just time-travel nonsense. A couple of dry jokes and the acid death are the only good bits. Quite surprised at the poor CGI effects early. It was my fate to watch this movie, don't make it yours. Now excuse me while I check my Trojaned smartphone.
Rated 27 Sep 2015
Genisys starts off as the best Terminator parody, and somewhere down the line actually becomes somewhat interesting. While Genisys cannot compare to the genesis that was 'The Terminator', nor the entertaining masterpiece that was 'T2', it does add more to the franchise that its other predecessors. The action sequences are a mix of cool (the acid trap) and generic (every chase scene), but it remains fun. Plot-wise it leaves a few questions unanswered and the casting was merely satisfactory.
Rated 02 Oct 2015
This movie serves up a hot plate of nostalgia bait as an appetizer - and apart from the all around horrible casting, I found myself actually gobbling it up and enjoying it. Afterwards the movie quickly falls apart, with everything after the secondary time-travel being a forgettable, boring mess.
Rated 26 Sep 2015
It tries so much to be this cool, contemporary, self-conscious sequel, always nodding to the original film and making jokes ("put the seatbelt, Sarah" is the only one that works, despite Arnolds's charisma), that it fails even in bigger, more shameful ways than expected -- Emilia manages to be as bad as Jai and it's kind of awkward to watch a movie that is unable to deliver at least one good action scene. It's a mess -- the kind of mess that this Marvel/DC likes to call entertainment.
Rated 14 Aug 2015
Terminator continues to be a wasted franchise. They just can't get good writers and an ensemble cast together to carry this. Bringing back Arnold wasn't bad he's actually entertaining. The altered time line as a premise is wasted on one of the most outlandish and stupid evil villain twists. Didn't care much for Clarke as O'Connor or Courtney as Reese either. They sure as hell aren't the same caliber of actors of Hamilton and Biehn. Great SFX just piss weak writing/acting.
Rated 20 Mar 2016
Didn't make a whole lot of sense. Timelines didn't add up. But wow, John can get a helicopter started up really quickly!
Rated 02 Jul 2015
Terminator Genisys, while a little convoluted at times, is the most inventive Terminator movie since Terminator 2. The action sequences are good, the characters are likable, and there' s some nice new twists on the established formula. Overall, it's a ton of fun and a solid summer blockbuster. (Pretty underrated!)
Rated 30 Dec 2015
OK hear me out; effects were fantatsic, the Terminators looked menacing and able, as they should, and Clarke pulled off a remarkable Sarah Conner impression. That's all I wanted.
Rated 30 Nov 2015
Setting up both a prequel and a sequel in one film has had the side effect of making this one the almost unimportant "middle bit." T3 spent far too much effort in making callbacks to T2 and it was a campy mess. This one strays dangerously close to doing the same thing. I get the idea of doing a callback for a sense of cinematic continuity, but not Arnies ridiculous gurning. Finally, the limitless possibilities with CGI have once again rendered all the vehicle chase scenes impotent and boring.
Rated 19 Jul 2015
There are plot holes bigger than Pluton.
Rated 26 Sep 2020
The plot of the film is a bit convoluted at times. The cast does a good job in this installment in the series. There are some good actions scenes in this movie. Overall I would recommend this movie.
Rated 24 Aug 2015
Well, this was a completely unnecessary addition to the franchise, wasn't it? It's just the great Ahnold playing around with a couple of uncharismatic kids. Seriously, what a ridiculous casting. Jai Courtney & Emilia Clarke seem incapable of changing a kid's diapers, let alone saving the world.
Terminator Referinsys.
Rated 13 Jul 2015
T-800 is a real boy!
Rated 02 Oct 2015
Like most people, I loved the 1984 stuff, but after that it became a generic action film, boosted only by loved characters of the past. I did like that they tried to make Khaleesi look like Linda Hamilton and I actually did like the idea of what they did with John Connor. With that being said, this film won't convert any fans of the original but may be loved by newcomers to the series. Oh....CGI Arnold was awesome (just like in Salvation) It's the future of film, folks...deal with it!
Rated 27 Dec 2017
So in this new timeline does the Terminator kill Axl Rose or is the smirk exchange between the two still canon???
Rated 19 Jul 2015
Well I liked it. Bollocks to the marketing company for putting so many spoilers in the trailers, heartily up yours. The film? There are terminators, they fight (a lot), there is time travel and Khalesi and Varro get upstaged by Arnie. I enjoyed it way more than 3, and a mile more than Salvation.
Rated 26 Jun 2015
I guess it is not as good as anyone wanted it to be, but it is also not as bad as it is portrayed in comments here.
Rated 31 Oct 2015
There's a lot of nonsense going on here, sure... but I enjoyed it. At least it had the ambition to tell a complex story, which kept me actively interested trying to connect the dots and understand the film's logic (or lack thereof). It was nice to see Arnie again and it wasn't a complete snooze like Salvation. It's not as good as 3 and nowhere near the greatness of the first two. Give me this ambitious, entertaining mess over a safe formulaic plot that makes perfect sense any day.
Rated 09 Oct 2015
Over 30 years later, and they're still milking it. This one wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, but it's not great. The story is basically a greatest hits of the franchise, with nothing really new at all, except for the big plot twist that was stupidly spoiled in the trailers. Schwarzenegger's fine. Emilia Clarke and Courtney are dull as hell, but the mediocre dialogue doesn't help. Even the action scenes aren't very thrilling. The result is a pretty forgettable movie.
Rated 09 Nov 2019
One thing you gotta give this - it will not bore you. Incredulous laughter and shouting at this nonsensical plot lasted nearly the entire runtime.
Rated 27 Jul 2016
Not a very good movie, but alright as a reboot of Terminator and T2, and much better than the other sequels.
Rated 21 Jul 2015
I liked it. Ahhhnold is pretty good. Lot's of stuff being blown up. JK Simmons is great too. Enjoy it for what it is....summer fun.
Rated 10 Dec 2017
Hopefully this at least kills Emilia Clarke's career, because this franchise is invincible even if its a leprous horror show.
Rated 12 Dec 2017
old but not obsolete
Rated 09 Aug 2015
Lots of exposition, lots of nonsense but it's not too bad.
Rated 10 Oct 2023
I didn't really like it.
Rated 22 Jul 2015
Actually I liked this. Though its no T2, I thought it was a worthy successor, passing T3 and Salvation in quality. Though the leads were either overacting or cardboard cutouts, Arnold, Simmons, and Smith were cool (in limited roles for the latter 2). It's an interesting story and worthy to the Terminator lore if it weren't for the damned bad casting.
Rated 12 Sep 2015
When did the Terminator franchise become more about punching and ineffective gunfire and less about the threat of robot overlords and the extinction of humanity? Yeah, Terminator Genisys has aspects of the latter. It even has some rather interesting ideas at play, but the plot is mired in futile action sequences and hackneyed dialogue to the point any originality in concept is lost on one routine scene after another.
Rated 01 Dec 2019
A repetition of previous movies but with a totally new cast. Mixes a lot timelines. The CGI was not that well polished than in previous movies.
Rated 20 Sep 2015
Pretty decent action. Arnold is perfect for his role and the rest of the cast get by. Much more worthy addition to the series than the previous one.
Rated 17 Jul 2015
There are much more references to the first two movies than expected which makes this movie a lot more enjoyable. But without the actually very interesting ideas of changed timelines and the nostalgic and funny return of Schwarzenegger it would have sucked.
Rated 12 Jul 2015
Blatant attempt at rebooting the franchise and setting itself for more sequels, which has been very common these days, but at least there were some decent nods to the original.
Rated 03 Sep 2017
The other movies were smart enough to keep the time travel to the margins. The early retro scenes are neat but the Terminators die too easily. Helicopter chase didn't look good at all. The need to always invent new terminators that are better than previous movies is obviously unsustainable. I just want a robot uprising movie without the other nonsense.
Rated 10 Aug 2015
Best way to make a reboot. Some questions unanswered, time paradoxes (probably because of a Time Lord) and quirks. I hope this should be solved in the next one (I saw a "terminator genisys 2" in preprod). Oh, and it's fun.
Rated 27 Sep 2015
I really enjoyed the first part, which was all time travel-ie goodness and nostalgia, but the explosion-fest which comprised most of the second part failed to blow me away. I did like Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor though.
Rated 15 May 2016
This franchise will be back. Again and again... but I can't help watching these movies. I'll admit, I missed Salvation completely and just skipped to this. I was glad to see Arnold back in the metal or flesh. I thought Emilia Clarke was a beautiful Sarah Connor. I also loved some of the new timelines and twists of the series. Yes, time travel can be confusing but it's also really fun to try and unravel the mixed-up string of timelines...
Rated 04 Dec 2015
I really liked it. The first 30 minutes are hilarious, with some massive computertechniques to make Schwarzenegger younger :'). I appreciated the fact that they referenced to earlier movies. I thought the story was good to follow and the acting was great, even from Schwarzenegger who somehow managed to create some empathy towards his character. I don't want to rank Genisys higher then Judgement Day, so I'll go one point lower ;). 74/100.
Rated 05 Jun 2016
I have to say that I enjoyed watching Arnold and pretty much everyone else was miscast shit. The movie was pretty under whelming and had some strangely poor special effects mixed in with some really good ones. It was good but that's mostly thanks to Arnold.
Rated 13 Feb 2016
This movie had interesting characters with great action, but it had an extremely boring and predictable plot.
Rated 13 Jan 2016
They have found a way to destroy the Terminator story. 4 great films and then this giant stinky egg.
Rated 04 Mar 2017
2016/05/03
Rated 05 Jul 2017
#17#, exp3, rw3, popcorn, prequels, cast
Rated 25 Jul 2015
we do appreciate the effort, but movie studios, please stop kicking this dead horse. the terminator mythos is actually still ripe, but "must kill/protect Sarah and/or John Connor" storyline is done. Aside from that, the cast is just not happening in this one. Emilia is too cute, Jai is too much a meathead, and Jason Clarke is just plain terrible as a villain. As for the story, the only thing I'll remember from this one is that Kyle Reese is a noobtuber. sheesh.
Rated 25 Aug 2015
25.8.15(+)
Rated 05 Oct 2017
Trash content, though we did have a good laugh making fun of it.
Rated 03 Jul 2015
Terminator Genisys was one of the films of 2015 I was most skeptical to see judging by the underwhelming and revealing marketing. I welcomed the idea of this reboot erasing the timeline of T3 & Salvation. But derailing the timeline of the original Terminator & T2 turns the new plot of Genisys into an absolute shambles. The casting is debatable and the only saving grace is the nostalgic return of Arnold Schwarzenegger. But the first 40 mins are enjoyable and there are some fan pleasing touches.
Rated 04 Jul 2015
I'm overrating it, because the story is utter junk and I imagine it'll thud hard on a second viewing. But the special effects and stuntwork here are undeniably spectacular, the action scenes are cool, Emilia Clarke is charismatic, and it was great to see Arnie seize the screen as the Terminator again. I got precisely what I paid for, in other words. I did go to a matinee screening, though...
Rated 16 May 2018
B
Rated 30 Jun 2015
The story is once again complicated and somewhere in the middle, they give up trying to explain. All hell brakes loose, and one action sequence replaces the other. Schwarzenegger is actually satisfying, but Courtney is far from it. 2xClarke gives a nice performance despite having little to work with(hence the script). I watched this with low expectations, but heck, I was pleased with my theater experience. *Okay