2005
Family/Kids
From the wild imagination of a child and the digital vision of director Robert Rodriguez comes this magical, original, not to mention three-dimensional, family entertainment. (Dimension Films)

2005
Family/Kids

Rated 25 Aug 2016
Stop trying to blame your kid for your failings as a writer, Rodriguez. You're the adult here. Take responsibility for this lazy, boring, confusing, ugly cowpie of a movie.
Rated 07 Jun 2012
So bad I almost walked out on it. Got as far as the car before I realized I was watching it in my living room.
Rated 27 Feb 2011
There's making your kids happy, and then there's plain vanilla nepotism. This is the latter.
Rated 19 Jan 2021
Made by children for children. So lets shit all over it!
Rated 25 Feb 2007
I would rather have my own colon violently scrubbed with a metal brush than have to watch this pile of piss again.
Rated 10 Dec 2009
I am definitely impressed because there was about a total of three minutes of live action footage. The acting and writing are downright miserable, and the story is one that can only be produced by a seriously demented mind.
Rated 25 Feb 2020
This is the kind of shit that you end up watching when you give the kids control of Netflix. Children are fucking idiots.
Rated 30 May 2009
Kenny, if you are reading this...I will never, EVER forgive you for making me watch this with you! This was such a friggin stupid ass movie. I don't even wanna get into this...also, WTF was with George Lopez's character?! I didn't believe Rodriguez could actually produce something so absolutely barf worthy...boo.
Rated 14 Jul 2017
Enjoyed the film as a kid, unfortunately it has aged like cheap milk.
Rated 17 Oct 2011
"Sharkboy offers up a piece of sage advice when he remarks, "You snooze, you win."" - Nick Schager
Rated 26 Feb 2007
Wow. Just wow. This is so bad, I'm honestly not sure whether or not it's real, whether or not I actually watched it, or whether or not I had unintentionally been consuming some questionable substances beforehand. This is, quite simply.. So bad you just have to see it. Just once.
Rated 09 Aug 2008
Rodriguez? How could you?
Rated 18 Jul 2009
So bad that it's good.
Rated 05 Jan 2015
The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl is a bad movie that was thought up by children. It's really cool that a filmmaker would take the stories his children wrote and make a movie based on them, but it should serve as a warning to others because of how poorly it turned out. It's not clever, it's not imaginative, and it's not worth watching. It has terrible acting, poor special effects, a bad story, and absolutely nothing of value.
The idea of Spy Kids taken much too far.
Rated 20 Mar 2008
I haven't technically seen it. I have seen the first 3 minutes on a movie channel, and it was painful enough to know it wouldn't get any better.
Rated 11 Nov 2023
Looking something like the end result of digesting too much candy, this is a harsh and abrasive bathe in sugary confectionary that truly does resemble a child's scattered, wandering musings, while in many ways regurgitating SPY KIDS 3 in terms of design and tone (and I *liked* SPY KIDS 3!) Almost fascinating from the point of view of seeing Rodriguez's HUDSON HAWK (when given unfettered keys to the kingdom) - I certainly wouldn’t have expected a cheesy after school special writ large!
Rated 31 Mar 2020
Dream dream dream dream dream dream
KEEPS THE KIDS QUIET
Rated 15 Sep 2022
Unexpected cult classic
ah the 3-D it burns my retanae!
Rated 16 Jul 2014
It's really stupid, young kids should like it but anyone else would hate it. It's like a bad cross between the never ending story and spy kids.
Rated 14 Feb 2016
This movie is laughably bad.
Rated 03 Mar 2019
I did n o t ! Mr. Electric, send him to the principal's office and hAVE hiM exPELLED
Rated 12 Nov 2016
D-
Rated 06 Jun 2021
If I was rating this purely on the random singing number Sharkboy has, this would be 100.
Rated 29 Sep 2020
Cooleffects+iwouldalovedthis+lmaokeptinhisroom+playgroundactionseen:P+bullymorphingdreamworld+becomestheDayDreamer+befriendsbully+nicegirl/teacherdaughterwasiceprincess-shesaveddayirl
Rated 12 Jan 2021
Saw this in theaters and got really cool 3D glasses from it. Sadly they were cheap and broke immediately. Hence the low rating.
I can enjoy kids movies and even this was a stretch. Come on, Robert Rodriguez, don't let your kids write anymore movies for you!
Rated 15 Oct 2008
Spy-Kids may have been hit or miss at times, but this one is all misses. I guess it's worth watching if you're a fan of 3-D movies, but I honestly found the 3-D rides at the local amusement park to be more entertaining.
Rated 13 Apr 2014
Rodriguez clearly had his family hat clamped firmly on his head while assembling the story he dreamed up with his 7-year-old son, Racer. The pair based it on games of "shark dad and shark boy" they played in their family pool. Dad told about.com, "It became this movie and I got really excited about that, [about] getting to work with my family on a movie for other families (pluggedin.com)
I seriously need to buy a portable dvd player...
Rated 27 May 2012
A giant digital and 3D misstep by Rodriguez, that attempts to create a dreamlike adventure for kids, but fails immensely.
Rated 15 Jul 2011
Saw it with my little bro. He loved it.
Rated 21 Nov 2016
I hated it at the age of 11 when it came out. That is saying a lot.
Rated 18 Feb 2009
"...hopelessly muddled fantasy that's likely to induce utter bewilderment in its target audience."
Rated 24 Dec 2009
Very cheaply made childrens film.
Rated 27 Nov 2021
I'd say take a shot every time they say the word "dream" in this movie, but the human body can not survive with that much alcohol in its system.
Rated 04 Nov 2015
klesik
Rated 09 Oct 2011
Rated 14 Jun 2008
bad movie
Rated 04 Mar 2009
"It's essentially a retread of the Spy Kids films..."
Rated 25 Jul 2010
Rodriguez should make action movies for grown ups instead of trying to create a children fantasy film, which turns out to be complete crap
Rated 11 Dec 2010
baddd... really bad... its like rodriguez tried to do spy kids again but wors. as a kid, i didnt like it at all
Rated 01 Feb 2021
1. Can't deny the kids loved it. 2. Can't deny I hated it. = In conclusion, it's a good one to keep the kids entertained, but not one to watch with them.