The Bourne Supremacy

The Bourne Supremacy

2004

Rated 17 Nov 2008
Stylistically, the most influential film of this decade. Liman's Bourne was good entertainment, but Greengrass brings a strong sense of morality to his sequels that elevate them from solid action flicks to excellent films. It takes guts to end a balls-out action movie with a quiet apology, and the Moscow chase preceding it is one of the best ever put to film. The shakycam works, as Greengrass knows how to do it right, adding urgency and danger without losing track of what's actually happening.
Rated 30 Aug 2014
"He was a trained assassin and good at his job. But he committed the ultimate sin and quit the agency of assassins. Assassins that tried to kill him but got the woman he loved instead. Framed for murder, now he prowls the Badlands, an outlaw hunting outlaws, a bounty hunter ... a Renegade!" God I miss Lorenzo Lamas.
Rated 19 Apr 2009
The Bourne series continue to surprise me; a solid movie in nearly all aspects. greengrass has a knack to capture spontaneity of car crashes and shootings; which adds a lot to the move. And the scene in the river in goa is really moving.
Rated 17 Jun 2011
For some reason this film is overlooked and is widely considered as the worst of the Bourne trilogy. I really can't decide if that's true or not. I guess when the worst is still a piece of awesomeness then it doesn't really matter. Love the car chase in this and the fight scenes are well done and I love the cat and mouse stuff that is going on throughout the film. Good stuff
Upon rewatching the first two Bourne film in preperation for the third I must say I enjoyed this one far more the second time around. Even better than the first. A smart story, a great soundtrack with fantastic action. The camera work takes a more shaky turn due to Paul Greengrass' as the new director. I thought it worked quite well and reflected the mood of the film.
Rated 20 Jul 2008
The adolescence action film of my generation. Not up to par with Ultimatum, but it's still marred with fast-paced, rapid action sequences and some well-done Romance parts once in a while.
Rated 16 Feb 2007
Delicious entertaining with great directing.
Rated 27 Feb 2007
Not as good as Bourne Identity
Rated 02 Mar 2007
You know I really really like these Bourne movies. They have a cool premise and hero, with realistic and awesome action sequences. Also they're really well scored.
Rated 06 Mar 2008
Keeping up the momentum established by Identity, Supremacy makes for an enjoyable sequel. While continuing the slick plotine and rapid action sequences it also begins to get straight to the point, the true character of born-again assassin Bourne. The conspiracy elements coupled with another excellent chase sequence, only hindered by an overly shaky camera, keep the viewer involved throughout. Damon makes a great lead role and the action is backed up by a decent soundtrack. Another great film.
Rated 03 Aug 2007
New director. New tone. Seamlessly accomplished. Doug Liman seemed to have less edge with his take on "Bourne." Now Paul Greengrass steps in and this film feels even sharper, darker, grittier, faster - and that documentary shaky-cam for the action sequences makes the audience aware. "Supremacy" gets meatier as it flies by. Damon really excels in his performance, and brings a furthered, fearsome presence to his assassin character. With Greengrass, the film is as tense as it is smart.
Rated 09 Aug 2007
Faster and smarter than Identity and shows the true potential of Bourne as a character.
Rated 23 Apr 2008
Just as good as the first one. Polished, atmospheric and great attention to detail, but most importantly for a film like this, it's entertaining as well. Just a small note, in this film again we go with the Russians in western films cliches. It almost seems gratuitous in that Russia = misery, and Russians = crazy, and it's no better than typecasting blacks as gangbangers, which filmmakers are more aware of these days. Some times the roles are warranted, but mix it up a little, will you, please?
We need more of them to be like this, that chase just kills me each time.
Rated 25 Aug 2009
My personal favourite of the Bourne trilogy. The action is thick and fast, and the scene were Bourne's girlfriend is floating away in the water is stunning. Not short of plot or action, this is one of the best Hollywood action films I've ever seen.
They killed off Franka and it all went downhill for me.
Rated 26 Mar 2011
Not as good as the first one, I didn't think it was exciting or interesting enough. The car chases and the action sequences were great again though and Damon was great too.
Disappointing after the surprisingly good first film. This one just didn't have the same sense of fun.
Rated 30 Apr 2021
and with vengeance, he is rebourne.
I don't honestly know why I don't like this one as much as the first, because it's all very good. A smart plot, fast-paced, original action sequences, and good acting, but it's hard to outdue the original.
Rated 11 Apr 2023
The spy thriller plots for the franchise shine here, are excellent in Identity, but are more eschewed for action and conclusion to the story and character in the 3rd which works very well. The story of making Identity is very entertaining since it was borderline a disaster. If this trilogy was made now, Damon would have to get twice as shredded to play Bourne. Cont. in pt. 3.
Rated 28 Aug 2013
Jason Bourne is a one of the most badass movie characters in recent times, boasting more brain than brawn. With appropriately frenetic editing and cinematography that for me certainly emphasises and heightens the action, this rounds off as being an incredibly satisfying action-thriller flick.
Rated 17 May 2008
Slightly larger in grandure than the first, while maintianing suspense and action, it's got some great spy/assassin action.
A good film, not as good as the first, but few sequals match their predacessors. Matt Damon further established his role as an action star/leading man.
Cutthroat sequel takes no prisoners. This time around, director Greengrass and co. overload this with a genuine sense of cluttered diplomacy clouding the actions of those in power.
Rated 20 Apr 2013
More compelling than the first, but I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the film's jarringly quick-cut action sequences. Generously, the tactic could be argued to function as a blurring of Bourne's perspective that belie how little he knows of his own self and abilities, an automaton that does without knowing how or why - but let's face it, it also makes it pretty difficult to tell what's going on. Still, an engaging espionage movie with more emotional heft than the first.
Rated 15 Jan 2010
The best "bourne" film that manages to transcend its super government agent genre moniker into something a little more substantial. It's a pretty straight forward revenge tale but it brings a lot of layers to this character and Matt Damon's acting is pretty solid throughout. The plot and suspense is also much better than the other two films.
Convincingly choreographed action sequences were all the movie had to offer, in my mind. I was a fan of the first one, but this is one of those sort of bland sequels that doesn't do much to capture my interest.
Pretty good, but suffers (like many a recent action film) from excessively fast editing in the action sequences.
Rated 22 Mar 2011
Director Paul Greengrass explores the age old question of how still does a camera have to be in order for you to understand what the hell its filming. The answer is way more still than it is in this movie. Lacking the narrative power of The Bourne Identity, Supremacy loses both for its ridiculous direction and its underwhelming story, falling with an anti-climactic dud that resolves nothing except for the ability to make more Bourne movies.
Rated 19 Sep 2011
A sequel that I actually like a little bit more than the original. Some of the fights weren't edited the best, but the action and chase scenes are incredible, especially the last one. You can really see a lot of this trilogy in modern action/espionage movies. I thought the story was perfectly fine and just interesting enough, and Damon is as flawless as usual. I do prefer Greengrass's directing over Limans, but they're both great movies and very entertaining.
Rated 30 Nov 2006
Seen it on an airplane without knowing the first part, but it was entertaining. Nice to see Franka Potente in a big production.
pretty good follow up to the first one.
Rated 20 Sep 2016
I really dislike the shaky cam, but the chase scenes are pretty good, and it has a few memorable moments. It’s unfortunately the least of the original trilogy.
Rated 28 Jul 2010
A more than serviceable sequel that follows the style of the original despite the change in director. The action is engaging and there are several great moments to be found herein, nevertheless I felt that the plot was less interesting than the original's, closer to an excuse to have a sequel than to a story intrinsic to the character, a story that had to be told.
Rated 26 Mar 2009
Definitely would recommend this film, however I think the bloom is off the rose for the Bourne franchise.... no mas!
Rated 15 Dec 2007
succeeded in creating an original second installment insteadof a retread.
Rated 02 Mar 2007
I actually saw this movie before the original and liked it a little better.
Rated 26 Jun 2018
Convoluted sequel is more enjoyable to sit back and go with rather than attempting to engage its labyrinthine plot (and plotting); Damon is a dull blank slate here, but Allen and Cox are terrific as duelling CIA operatives, bringing greater weight and resonance than the screenplay allows them. Hurt by amateurish and tacky reliance on shaky cam to provide texture; sparing use for action/tension is fine, but using it for establishing or dramatic scenes is an irritating distraction.
Rated 25 Jul 2010
Jaosn Bourne is back in this explosive sequel
Rated 15 Jul 2008
exciting, action packed, and fast paced.
Rated 30 Mar 2012
This just might be an exception to the rule that sequels are never better than the original.
Rated 01 Dec 2007
This movie, like all the Bourne movies, is a great action movie.
Rated 27 May 2007
Might actually have been a good movie if it were not for the shaky-cam which completely ruins it. What good is an action film if you can't see what is going on?
Rated 28 May 2007
not as good as the first but worth the watch
Rated 31 Dec 2015
When 'The Bourne Supremacy' focuses on Bourne confronting his dark past as an assassin, and on how his recent losses endanger him of succumbing to his darker nature, it succeeds. However, these things are scarcely touched upon as the film occupies its time by focusing instead on a familiar conspiracy drama. It's also worth noting that the action, while entertaining, is manic in its presentation.
Rated 27 Nov 2010
Enjoyability 20/25 Visuals 12/15 Audio 6/10 Acting 7/10 Story/Plot 20/25 Production Values 8/10 Intuitiveness/Ambitiousness 3/5 Bonus 3/10
Rated 13 Feb 2009
OK. Should have had Seagal in
Rated 31 Jul 2009
Excellent. All these Bourne movies were incredible.
Rated 01 Sep 2012
incredible fights scenes
Rated 29 Jul 2007
hated it
Rated 31 Jul 2007
I don't think I've ever seen a franchise replicate what was good about the first movie into a sequel as perfectly as the Bourne series did with this one. The only parts I like less about Supremacy was that the car chase wasn't as good this time around, and there was way too much shaky-cam during the fight sequences.
Rated 22 Mar 2010
According to IMDB, " Jason Bourne never smiles in the film." Yeah, this is the bleakest of the trilogy, by far. The muted colors, the use (and overuse) of the handycam, and Bourne's desperation create a very frantic feel to this one. While Supremacy is flanked by better films, it still stands as a great addition to an amazing trilogy. The car chase is especially well done.
Rated 20 Jan 2012
So.... Many.... Cuts.... Greengrass knows his shit! And don't forget... This one has Karl Urban! Any film with KU is elevated to another level.
Rated 06 Mar 2008
very good *****
A pretty good flick when I could see what the fuck was going on. I hate the recent Hollywood filming style where action scenes are all shot with extreme close up shaky cam and rapid fire editing. Boo.
I think like connery was born to be bond, damon was bourne to be bourne
Rated 14 Mar 2020
Seen: 2.
Rated 14 Mar 2010
Not living up to the first one unfortunately but still worth it
Rated 09 Feb 2009
Solid action, and Damon is in top form for the second time.
Keeps you on your toes.
Rated 28 Nov 2010
"So oppressively identified with its predecessor's look, sound, and design that Doug Liman warrants a co-director credit." - Joe McGovern
Rated 11 Jun 2008
Meh. He'd do better if he was stoned.
Rated 28 Jul 2009
The Bourne Supreme Disappointment After The Entertaining First Installment
Good stuff
Rated 09 Jun 2008
probably the worst of the 3, but still one of my favorite thrillers.
Rated 10 Sep 2009
As far as sequels go, this one holds up well.
great in its category.
Better than the original, including the shocking opening sequence. Joan Allen is great.
Rated 31 Jan 2010
The zipping from country to country, and back and forth between Bourne and the spooks tracking him, is fun, but the film feels a lot like a middle chapter rather than standing alone.
Rated 05 Aug 2011
I love Bourne. I love every minute of every movie. I never find it boring, insipid, uninspired or dull. I enjoy Damon's portrayal of him, and the outstanding actors they get to play along side him. I love the cinematography, the set design, the insane stunt work, the brilliant visual effects, even the extras... it's all a perfectly blended symphony of action and intrigue, each more fun than the last. And yes, I'm still hoping for another installment.
Rated 11 Apr 2024
This is a good sequel that works. It is not as good as the original but it is still enjoyable. Matt Damon is good again in the lead role and the supporting cast are also good here. Overall I would recommend this film.
Rated 27 Oct 2007
27 Ekim 07 - gece abimle ikinci defa izledim.ilk izleyisim sinemada yine abimle, flynnde-salon1 deydi.
didn't like it, very derivative of the first film, why do we have to just accept sequels these dayss?
This movie made me want to throw up. Not because it was so bad but because the camerman had a bad case of "Blair-Witch-itis" Still, entertaining to watch.
Rated 31 Jan 2010
Matt Damon at all his best - nothing fits him better than this role. Exiting story, cool explotions, women... Can you wish anything better?
Rated 11 Jan 2009
second best in the trilogy
Rated 13 Feb 2008
Suprisingly good spy/thriller. Matt Damon was a pleasant surprise.
Exciting, I hate the shaky cam
Decent and very well made.Just a bit...uninvloving
Rated 01 Apr 2011
Well told story with a lot of suspense. Completely revolves around the plot, but does this in a smart and inventive manner.
Rated 28 Jan 2008
i really like this movie and it's about as good as the others. matt damon proves how good he is as jason bourne and it's nice seeing joan allen too. the acting has stepped up a notch. this movie isn't really as exciting as the other two Jason Bourne movies though but it's still awesome.
Rated 23 Oct 2007
great action and story. can watch this anytime.
Farfetched, nice road chase scene
Fine
Rated 08 Jan 2009
I don't think I'll ever find a sequel that I'll like as much as the first movie made. Got any suggestions?
Rated 22 Jul 2024
rewatched. Maybe the best of the contemporary actioners.
Rated 17 Sep 2009
Good film series but they should have changed the titles after the first one, as they have nothing to do with the books whose names they use.
Rated 20 Aug 2007
the weakest link in the trilogy but still better than Sum of All Fears
Rated 21 Aug 2007
good
Rated 23 Aug 2022
Daddy Bourne
Rated 31 Oct 2009
Buena. Muy buena en su genero.
Rated 02 Apr 2011
Good second installment in the action mystery. Acting is generally not spectacular, but Brian Cox does a fine job as the spy boss Abbott. The film is mostly well paced, but some action sequences go on for a fair bit longer than they'd need to. My biggest complaint about the film is the often excessive use of shakycam and rapid cuts which diminish the power of action scenes. However, the plot is exciting and interesting and the tricks Bourne pulls off to outwit his pursuers are a joy to watch.
Rated 01 May 2008
the more sober and heavier one of the bourne trilogy, this movie kicks the pace up a notch. While retaining its fast-paced action spirit, it also develops a moving backstory of loss, redemption and getting to know yourself.
Rated 05 Nov 2008
Easily the next James Bond.
Rated 30 Apr 2008
I regret not seeing this one in the theater. It's among the best trilogies ever.
Rated 15 Oct 2007
Not a thinking man's film but good action fun. Gotta respect Bourne.
Rated 16 Oct 2007
Pretty Decent Movie. If you have seen first part, you can`t miss this one.
Rated 05 Jan 2013
Rated 26 Oct 2009
Matt Damon (one of my favourite actors) continues the Bourne series with some nice footage and good action, well worth seeing.