0 rankings

The Bye Bye Man ()

Your Rating

Summary: Three friends stumble upon the horrific origins of the Bye Bye Man, a mysterious figure they discover is the root cause of the evil behind man's most unspeakable acts.

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
The Bye Bye Man belongs to 3 collections
1. Female Directors (public: moderated by PeaceAnarchy - 58 stars)
2. 2017: Complete Watchlist (private: SageSledge)
3. Worst of 2017 (private: mg7film)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Jun 24 SirStuckey SirStuckey
0T1
I notice people aren't clamoring for cinematic gender equality in terms of shitty horror movie villains. I would love to watch The Hi Hi Woman.
Jun 15 moviegirl67 moviegirl67
30T3
Not bad, not great , just meh
Jun 12 Darko Vandelay1
May 29 nickj1680
6T1
May 29 TheRealJ_Ro TheRealJ-Ro
20T1
Is the highlight of the movie the fact that the house at the beginning looks like my house without the garage? Why is the little girl wandering around a college party? Anyways. By the numbers, derivative, pedestrian. I guess there's slight intrigue in the sexual tension between the girlfriend and roommate but beyond that, there's little that you haven't seen done better already, and some stuff that's just goofy (worst of all, the performances). Cudos for the one sequence of interrogation.
May 28 tinythedogg tinythedogg
May 22 Ashetails
2T1
May 19 skb2933
16T1
May 09 GroovySouls Groovy_Souls
15T1
Though this is low, I expected to give this much lower. The thing i see in the Bye Bye Man is a lot of effort... a lot of effort put in my people who just don't know how to make a movie. It was obviously pretty art-house inspired, but never hit the cultish or intelligent vibe. It floundered in bad acting, a poor script that is easy to see through, and a horrid name. I won't think about this or say anything about this to anyone, trust me.
May 08 SantaClaus SantaClaus
40T2
Apr 17 VentureForth VentureForth
Apr 16 SageSledge SageSledge
25T1
With a title like that, what could go wrong? All mockery aside, "The Bye Bye Man" is a completely typical horror film that deserves neither your money, nor your attention, which utilises every cliche, every trope, and every uninteresting idea under the sun to its own detriment.
Apr 15 Euronymous Euronymous
10T1
No scares, bad acting, and all around shit chunks. You see the Byeh Byeh Man at least 4 times and all he does is appear. Made me shoot bye bye nuggets down the toilet.
Apr 14 BenjiReina
35T2
Apr 09 visceroid visceroid
60T3
Apr 06 gargantua gargantua
Apr 04 Catnip Catnip
10T1
This movie is a mess. Watch it if you can't fall asleep it'll do wonders.
Mar 31 PUNQ
30T5
It's a modern horror. A slow burn one. I don't think I hated it as much as most, for the tacky 60s designs and cartoonish set-up kind of made me appreciate it on some small level compared to the very random slashers of this genre spews out. Still want to say bye-bye to The Bye Bye Man (2017).
Mar 29 Cronos
Mar 08 hjones789 hjones789
Feb 26 scottmcc scott.mcc
Feb 13 TimeCapsule TimeCapsule
30T1
The fact that this movie got a theatrical release, let alone made any sort of profit, is one of the more baffling aspects of Hollywood and the film industry in general. Despite the so-bad-it's-good trailer, the movie features horrendous acting and sadly is just too boring for the last ten minutes of schlock to be any saving grace.
Jan 31 SickForay SickForay
Jan 22 jmsenise jmsenise
Jan 21 Capn_Kue_Que Capn Kue Que
2T1
Jan 17 selenatorvue
Jan 17 mwgerb mwgerb
7T1
A god-awfully acted, unscary piece of crap. No idea why Carrie-Anne Moss and Faye Dunaway were slumming it in this failure. The very name of the C-list demon is irritating: you don't get to be a reaper summoned from the depths of hell if the name that calls you is something ridiculous like "Bye Bye Man". Don't think it, don't say it, don't see it.
Jan 17 Matthew_Parkinson Matthew Parkinson (CineMarter)
Jan 16 Darren Darren
64T5
This is the sleeper horror of 2016. Freaky stuff. Decent casting and a p ballsy ending undone by some sequel set up mumbo jumbo. Don't get the hate.
Jan 13 Averman004
Jan 13 EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
68T2
Jan 11 mg7film mg7film
0T1
The Bye Bye Man is a very dumb and dull attempt at a horror film. It adds nothing new to the genre. It uses every cliche under the sun. The characters are bland and one note. The acting is awful. The script is terrible. The editing is exceptionally poor. So much is left unexplained. It has the audacity to sequel bait when it doesn't earn that sequel. And it's just not scary in the slightest.
Average Tier 1.58 from 40 Rankings rss