2005
Family/Kids
The cheese-loving Wallace and his ever faithful dog Gromit, the much-loved duo from Aardman's Oscar-winning clay-animated shorts star in an all new comedy adventure, marking their first full-length feature film. (DreamWorks)

2005
Family/Kids

Rated 24 Jan 2007
After three brilliant W&G shorts, we finally get a feature-length film. Like Chicken Run, it occasionally feels stretched out, but for the most part it's wall-to-wall entertainment. Certainly enjoyable for the kids (at least, the children at the theater seemed to have a good time), also loaded with enough literary references, clever sight gags and double entendre to keep the adults in the crowd in stitches. Very, very charming.
This is what movies for children should be.
Rated 22 Mar 2007
Carefully crafted and very intelligently designed animation. The attention to detail for such a film is incredible and is continually packed with little enjoyable idiosyncrasies, local references and interesting background jokes. After a 10 year absence W&G are back, and on top form.
Rated 04 Feb 2019
This is probably the silliest criticism I could ever level against this film, and if I was a professional film critic my reputation would in shambles, but... this movie spreads harmful stereotypes about rabbits. They are not pests or vermin, they are affectionate members (*starts sniffling*) of the family who deserve love, warmth & t-t-tenderness (*full on sobbing*) ...It was a really bad idea to watch this film so close to the anniversary of my bunny's death.
Rated 30 Jan 2023
Brilliant and charming, as per usual.
Rated 07 Jul 2009
I can't imagine anyone nót liking this charming, awesome-looking, funny piece of clay magic. And weren't those little bunnies adorabl-- gah, I need to watch some slasher movies to compensate, this was just too damn cute!
Rated 01 Nov 2021
Rewatch. I could watch charming claymation characters all day. This is a nice Halloween movie for kids. Fav scene: Gromit flying the plane in impossible stunts.
Rated 09 Dec 2006
Nick Park is amazing. This captures all the joy and charm of the shorts, and manages to convincingly stretch it into feature-length material with a funny, creative story.
Extremely entertaining and enjoyable.
Rated 07 Mar 2008
Loved this one! Sweet, funny, clever, exciting, and beautifully, intricately animated.
Rated 16 Jan 2012
Goofy, charming and visually delightful, Were-Rabbit pleases kids with its unstoppable velocity and adults with lots of eccentric -- british, I mean -- gags. A great one.
Rated 18 Sep 2010
Wallace and Gromit reminds me a lot of Wodehouse, and in particular the Blandings stories. They exist in a world of whimsy and cheer that is the perfect antidote to the countless "dark" and "gritty" movies that are churned out. Filled with sly references, careful craftsmanship, and one of the great duos in animated history, Curse of the Were-Rabbit is damn refreshing.
Rated 06 Jul 2007
Not as good as the short films that led up to it (has some of the bounce gone out of Aardman's bungee?); but that may have been inevitable. It's still a lot of fun, very funny and well worth the wait.
This movie is filled with incedible imagery and hilarious gags. The voice-acting is superb, and it's a fantastic movie for kids and adults alike.
Very funny, entertaining film. Top-notch "claymation" in a time dominated by CGI.
Rated 26 Mar 2019
It’s not as good as the shorts but it was still very fun and pretty and all
Rated 12 Mar 2012
I remember having quite a bit of fun with this! Anything Wallace and Grommit related is usually pretty harmless and safe, perfect for the whole family. And very funny.
Rated 27 Nov 2008
Such a fab film! Well done music track and cute characters. 'Course of...' is film not only for children but for all families!
Rated 22 Aug 2010
Aardman could easily have stuffed up with this one. But they actually did a fantastic job of this movie. It's equally as good as the Wallace and Gromit short films, and it has the cleverness and creativeness that Nick Park always brings to them. This movie was deserving of the Best Animated Feature Oscar it won, and I want to see more of Wallace and Gromit like this!
Rated 11 Apr 2009
Quaint and delightful, Nick Parker's film covers things as British as vegetable contests and Werewolfs. A joy.
Rated 11 Apr 2009
These two never get old. It's funny and entertaining.
Rated 13 Oct 2009
Brilliant werewolf spoof and a high-water-mark for Aardman.
Rated 22 Apr 2010
Mighty fine animation with lots of dry wit make this a breezy hour and a half.
Rated 28 Nov 2006
I saw this last month and laughed my ass off. It's great, and it was my first introduction to Wallace and Gromit. Now I'd like to see more.
Something about this just doesn't work for me. The claymation is cool but I just don't find it especially funny or enjoyable.
Rated 13 Dec 2006
Great Clay animation always been a fan of the Wallace and Gromit Series
Rated 18 Dec 2006
An incredible little movie, full of hilarious gags and fantastic action sequences. Every element works, for every minute of the runtime, and when it all came together in the end I got cinematic chills. Well done, Aardman. Cheeeeeeeese!
Rated 07 Dec 2020
Great entertaining movie with a clever plot!
Rated 01 Mar 2007
Not the best of the WG films.
Rated 02 Mar 2007
Funniest W&G ever...
Rated 05 Mar 2007
Really fun movie! I liked the shorts better though...
Rated 12 Apr 2007
There's something tremendously classy about good old hand-modeled claymation, even if this movie is digitally assisted in places. Funny and charming.
Rated 06 Dec 2018
Well deserved of the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, Aardman studios create a fantastic film for all generations that is in parts hilarious and in others touching.
Rated 25 Mar 2013
Probably the weakest Wallace & Gromit material - the stretch to feature-length inevitably takes a toll - but it's still extremely charming, witty and clever stuff.
Rated 12 Jul 2007
Aardman's second full-length film, and the first starring Wallace and Gromit. Pretty good; spoofs a lot of old horror movies.
Rated 04 Aug 2007
Probably the weaktest W&Gr story, still funny.
The claymation is good at least as a novelty, and Wallace and Gromit are always funny. Not as good as, say, The Wrong Trousers, but not bad.
It's Wallace and Gromit! 'nough said.
Not as good as the shorter films, fairly predictable.
Should have been a wee bit shorter, I guess, but hey - it's got Wallace and Gromit in it so it can't possibly be bad, right?
Nick Parks claymation makes it's proper cinematical debut with this great vegetarian horror movie! Absolute class.
Respect
Having not seen anything about these characters previous to the movie, I wasn't sure what to expect. What I got was a great story with some fantastic writing to boot. Overall, fun for the entire family and worth a watch!
Very funny animation and interesting.
Rated 20 Sep 2018
Despite thoroughly enjoying the movie, I did expect much more from the likes of Wallace and Gromit. Make no mistake though, this about as good as it gets for children's animation outside of Pixar and is a grand time.
Rated 24 Nov 2012
A good time for both kids and parents
Rated 20 Jan 2011
Fun with marihuana
I have a love for these two characters and the movie was quite funny and innocent. Just the way it should have been.
A quaint, sweet movie with lots of charm and a few laughs. Terrific animation.
Superb animation and a fun, entertaining story. Quality film all around.
YAY - super job by Nick Park and his crew, far and away the best animated movie of the year and one of the best movies full stop.
Rated 18 Apr 2018
Wallace and Gromit's first foray into feature film territory is hilarious, great to look at, inventive, loaded with Easter eggs for fans, and surprisingly heartfelt. All of the voice work is spot on, particularly Peter Sallis (may he rest in peace) and Ralph Fiennes.
Rated 06 Jan 2014
The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is a subtly touching and wonderfully eccentric adventure featuring Wallace and Gromit.
Rated 02 Jan 2011
With infectious charm and oodles of genuine warmth, to dislike such a wonderful creation would require a great deal of willful determination -- or perhaps a bit of Wallace's mind-altering aversion therapy.
Rated 18 Aug 2007
great, wallace and gromit. Nick park has done it again!
Rated 19 Aug 2007
If nothing else, this should be seen for the stop-motion animation. Ardman does great stop motion.
Rated 22 Aug 2007
Rated 16 Sep 2007
Great characters and so many funny scenes.
Rated 28 Apr 2017
clever, off-beat, funny
Rated 21 Oct 2020
Thinksrabbithistoupeloolwaves+cuzheerasedveggiedesire+hesthemonster:P-andtherabbitcantalknowetclol+shemakesbunnysanctuary
Rated 09 Nov 2010
Not W&G when they're best, sadly. But always good!
Rated 04 Nov 2007
I love W&G and this is very good but the formula works best in a shorter form. A Close Shave is the W&G gold standard and Rabbit has moments that approach Shave, but not as many as I'd like.
Rated 13 Jan 2008
More excellent animation from the Ardman stable. If animated models can play something more for laughs then these do. Very good characterisation and a decent story. Should appeal to all the family.
Rated 25 Feb 2008
very funny movie.
Rated 12 Mar 2008
Genious, pure genious.
Rated 02 Nov 2010
not nick park's best, but still above average
Rated 15 May 2008
Who doesn't love Aardman?
Rated 17 May 2008
Well animated, good voices, but just couldn't keep my attention.
Rated 28 May 2008
Perhaps not quite as good as the tv series but still very very funny.
Rated 21 Jun 2008
Very original, charming, and quite funny. As good or better than the shorts. The detailed art is amazing.
Rated 04 Jul 2008
bit slow
Rated 29 Mar 2015
3.41/5
Rated 26 Sep 2008
Can the Aardman crew do no wrong?? Check out "Angry Kid" if you can!
Rated 04 Oct 2008
Good for first few times but then unnoticable
Rated 14 Oct 2008
Funny. love art style.
Rated 18 Oct 2008
At last Wallace and Gromit in their own full length film and it doen't disappoint
Rated 07 May 2023
The first time I watched this, I don't think I fully appreciated the excellent sense of comedic timing and the understanding of just how absurd you can make a visual gag. Plus, the spectacular miniature work and practical effects. It's got its weaknesses, relying a bit too much on catchphrases, but overall is very worthwhile.
Rated 20 Feb 2015
Orjinal dilinde izlenmesi gerek bir stop-motion harikası
Rated 30 Dec 2008
This grew on me second time round and now rates up there with 'Close Shave', if a little behind their masterpiece 'The Wrong Trousers'. Full of their trademark visual invention, awful puns and cute animals.
Rated 04 Jan 2009
witty
Rated 04 Jan 2009
Fun.
Rated 26 Jan 2009
LOVE Wallace & Gromit. The dog steals the show with his human expressions.
Rated 08 Feb 2015
Way too much plot for a Wallace and Gromit film. Charming enough, but W&G work much better in half-hour shorts than in a full-length feature.
Rated 06 Jan 2012
It's alright, but Wallace & Gromit seem to have become one of those national treasures that make people give you funny looks if you don't wet yourself with excitement every time a new installment comes out. I don't dislike them - this is fun enough, the jokes come thick and fast, and it's only 75 minutes long. But I dunno, it doesn't excite me for whatever reason.
Rated 25 Jun 2020
This is straight up trash.
Rated 15 Mar 2009
I absolutely loved these guys awhile ago, and the film is just as good as the short films that they're famous for.
Rated 24 Mar 2009
Great fun!!!
Rated 03 Apr 2009
Ein Knaller der Stop-Motion-Tricktechnik Filme! Ich leibe diesen Streifen!
Rated 07 Apr 2009
Pretty good, considering that Wallace and Gromit have to deal with over and hour of entertaining us than they're used to, and sure its got plenty of weak spots, but I'm just gonna give it it's credit.
Rated 06 Jan 2012
Another fun animated adventure from Wallace & Gromit. This one is full length and keeps a great pace throughout it's full run time. I don't think it's my favorite, but it''s definitely up there.
Rated 19 Jul 2009
I loved the Wallace and Gromit series, so this movie was a huge dissapointment for me.
Rated 21 Jul 2009
Lovely animated film, as good as any Pixar.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
Beautifully crafted, but the shorts work better.
Rated 06 Sep 2009
Those bunnies just look too cute
Rated 13 Nov 2014
This is the definition of lovely for me.
Rated 01 Feb 2014
Don't remember anything
Rated 02 Nov 2009
awesome-ly witty
Rated 01 Dec 2009
Charming. I love the visual gags and often punny humor.
Rated 17 Apr 2010
This feature length film didn't disappoint. The time and effort put into making it is evident on screen and branching out the cast is a nice change allowing for more gags to come up. It also stands up quite well as a document on British film making I think albeit animated.