2005
Adventure
On a daredevil caving holiday six girls are trapped underground when an unexpected rock fall blocks their exit. Searching the maze of tunnels for a way out, they find themselves hunted by a race of fearless, hungry predators, once humanoid but now monstrously adapted to live in the dark and with murder and mayhem on their minds. (20th Century Fox)

2005
Adventure

Completely unsettling and a nice re-definition of horror in modern years. This movie gets underneath your skin, without necessarily trying to get you to sympathize for the characters. The psychological undertone lays the framework for an eerie and unsettling venture into the dark unknown.
Rated 21 Jun 2011
I wish that this were a monster movie instead of a movie about a group of people whose emotional baggage totally overshadows the fact that there are FUCKING MONSTERS HUNTING YOU! The scariest parts were when people were just trapped underground. That's scary. Twitchy, pale humanoid things who crawl around and snarl haven't been scary in years.
Rated 18 Oct 2009
no distracting "stars" in the film; all good actors. makes you claustrophobic. just terrifying wondering what you are going to see down in the dark.
Rated 16 Jul 2009
despite everyone's protestations to the contrary, not intelligent
Rated 30 Jun 2010
i screamed!!!! loved it!!! i was almost always at the edge of my seat!!
Rated 25 Jan 2007
Oh. My. God. I haven't been so satisfied with a story arc in a horror movie since...I don't know that I ever have. Just the look in the eyes of the main character for the last quarter of the film...chilling. The viciousness of the fight scenes also made me squeal with glee. I'm not afraid to admit that.
Rated 16 Jan 2013
Overrated horror.
Rated 06 Dec 2008
ok
Rated 25 Feb 2011
Arguably the best out and out horror film of the decade.
Rated 14 Sep 2014
For a horror it's pretty well made.
Rated 19 Mar 2008
I like the way the people look
Rated 05 Aug 2010
Great claustrophobic, dark atmosphere with scary creatures lurking about.
Rated 10 Feb 2008
GREAT STUFF
Rated 28 Jan 2009
good and creepy.
Rated 11 Apr 2012
this film is probably amazing but i can't tell you how it ends cause even to this day i haven't been able to watch it all the way through lol
Rated 14 Feb 2010
The movie has an atmosphere you won't find just anywhere. It's a really enjoyable movie and the ending left me shouting 'cause it's so genius!
Rated 20 Nov 2011
One of my favorite Horror flicks. Raw, primal girl power set against the creepy gollums of the dark.
Rated 04 Dec 2011
Disappointed to say the least. I had some high expectations but the ending ruined the entire movie for me, along with the bull shit acting. I must say that it was somewhat scary and well thought out, but it really didn't stand up to the high standards that I had from reviews and word-of-mouth adoration. I really didn't get any feeling from the actors, and I didn't get any actual feel of the plot.
Rated 15 Dec 2010
One of the best horror films of recent years. No masterpiece or anything, but most people should enjoy it.
Rated 11 Mar 2019
To any woman, the horror of being torn apart and devoured by hordes of man-eating troglodytes is comparable with the mere idea of her husband banging her best friend. The latter might be considered even more devastating, if the friend were an Asian. That seems perfectly logical to me and must have been obvious to the director either. Otherwise, why would such crap occupy a third of the movie?
Rated 03 Mar 2009
Just watched this and was relieved and happy. While it's an older movie, I was thrilled with the fact that it was a different story than everything else out there right now. Not the typical zombie movie. Loved it.
Rated 14 Nov 2008
Frustrating to the end!
Rated 30 May 2009
Great film, improves with every viewing. Horror, action, drama and gore. A film that deals with loss, friendship, betrayal and survival. Tense from the get go, I always enjoy watching this.
Rated 29 Mar 2008
Creative and spooky.
Rated 28 Jun 2023
Ein planloser Ausflug zu einer unerschlossenen Höhle in den Appalachen verläuft katastrophal. Im Durchschnitt sind etwa alle sieben Minuten Schreckmomente eingebaut. Eigentlich zu gruselig für mich, aber dank Natalie Mendoza habe ich durchgehalten.
Rated 15 Mar 2009
Worst film ever.... just maybe!
Rated 05 Dec 2013
The idea of an "evolution" is nice, but it's just a C class movie with hot chicks in it, nothing more. Similar to the "Sanctum" and based only on the claustrophobic feelings of the viewer.
Rated 09 Apr 2011
meh
Rated 04 Jul 2008
Slow starting, but once the action begins it is nonstop until the ending.
Rated 14 Mar 2009
Quite good made, very good topic (this is really a primal fear), nice ending, but the creatures, the silly map and the obligatory tear-jerking annoying story of one woman destroyed too much for me.
Rated 10 May 2014
One of the better horror movies I've watched. Genuinely scary at several points, although most all are jump scares. Best watched alone and in the dark.
Rated 17 Jan 2009
I love this movie. Someone was actually able to create a new scary creature. These cavemen creatures were great characters, especially the way they were able to adapt. They were real. They were not supernatural. You felt like these women could beat them if they could themselves first. I did not like the ending. Did she get out? Was she still inside? Part two come out later this year, 2009.
Rated 04 Nov 2023
A group of friends ventures out underground for a cave outing and find themselves facing unspeakable horrors. Little do they know that the untold, bitter truths that often permeates friendships will be their undoing. Surprisingly not terrible. It does not innovate or reinvent the wheel in any way, shape or form, but offers a solid performance by the all female cast with believable interactions and motivations, which is too often lacking in the horror genre.
Rated 01 Jun 2018
Good setup, decent actors, the characters and atmosphere work and all seems fine for half an hour. Then the script goes full-retard. Horror-cliché decisions, the most inconsistent "blind" monsters; facepalm-inducing.
Rated 23 Sep 2019
Featuring solid performances by the cast & a fantastic premise, as well as plenty of genuinely tense moments & even some surprises, it also has its share of less-than-stellar aspects- the cheesy hospital scene, the unfortunate US ending, characters that rarely feel very fleshed out, & a final act that makes some strange decisions are its major weak points. It excels with atmosphere & has highly effective villains, but beyond that it just didn't do much for me. Still, worth watching.
Rated 08 Jul 2008
Scariest film I've seem in a long while.
Rated 07 Aug 2007
Intense as fuck.
Rated 31 Oct 2015
Tautly constructed thriller about a group of friends whose friendship slowly dissolves once they get trapped inside a cave. Creepy and claustrophobic atmosphere makes for a gripping first half, but once the monsters start attacking, gore takes a front seat over the tension. The characters are relatable, however, and watching their trust in each other crumble is ultimately scarier than the well-realized but forgettable monsters.
Rated 07 Dec 2013
The golem and his buddies chase women in a big cave.
Rated 06 Feb 2022
An underrated horror flick, in my opinion. That said, I might hold some bias as I always have a lot of respect for lower-budget films that turn out well. Surprisingly strong characters with well written/developed relationships, an intriguing plot, chilling effects and sets; it’s a fun watch with some memorable scenes, it’s nothing to really rave about but it’s worth watching nonetheless.
Rated 21 Sep 2007
A really nice thriller which should been watched.
Rated 21 Dec 2006
Relies on a fair amount of jump scares, but is effective in keeping a creepy, brooding atmosphere throughout.