2006
In New York, the simple and naive just-graduated in journalism Andrea Sachs is hired to work as the second assistant of the powerful and sophisticated Miranda Priestly, the ruthless and merciless executive of the Runway fashion magazine. Andrea dreams to become a journalist and faces the opportunity as a temporary professional challenge... (imdb)

2006

Rated 09 Aug 2007
Anne Hathaway's character: "I know I'm not skinny..." Wait, what?
While Hathaway's dialogue is often trite, and her wannabe-hip, politically correct friends are the bane of this film's existence, overall it's totally satisfying. And, for those of us lame-o's who give a shit about the difference between cerulean and turquoise, quite funny.
Rated 28 Apr 2014
While the story is horribly predictable and presents no original ideas, the movie is elevated by the cast. Streep, Hathaway, and Blunt are all up for the challenge of a mediocre script. Tucci outshines them all, however, and steals every scene he's in.
Rated 14 Oct 2012
If you join the fashion industry you will LOSE your ROOTS, your IDENTITY and ALL of your FRIENDS, but you'll be FABULOUSLY well dressed. DILEMMA!
Rated 20 Apr 2016
Stanley Tucci is lovely and there is a healthy smattering of easily quotable and entertaining lines, but in the end the movie rather happily glorifies diet/shame culture and, despite one or two halfhearted efforts, follows characters as flat as their Loubotin heels are not.
Rated 17 Jan 2011
Movie filled with bitches
Rated 01 Aug 2011
It's as predictable as they get, and although Meryl Streep pulls it off (as always) as the cold-hearted personification of the fashion industry and although Anne Hathaway and the rest are picture-perfect beauties, it's still nauseatingly lame. Even some girls ought to hate this.
Rated 16 Jan 2007
Not bad. It still feels like a teenage girl fantasy movie, but it was still very good for what it was. It still hits a lot of the clichés of the genre, but it's also very grown-up. Good job by Streep and Hathaway, and the chemistry is definitely there, but it's Tucci who gives the film its feeling.
Rated 09 May 2007
great preformance by streep saves a boring movie.
Rated 09 Jun 2007
Better than it had any right to be.
Rated 29 Apr 2011
The Devil Wears Retarda is totally pointless in every respect. A complete waste of time. I have no idea why it gets any praise whatsoever. I wish I could say that the excellent Streep and Tucci redeem this movie, but they don't.
Rated 15 Aug 2007
An utterly bland girl-in-the-city pinwheel, all dressed up with nothing to to think. Anne Hathaway is utterly devoid of charm, charisma or presence as the lead character. Meryl Streep plays her villainous role with fierce understatement, but the performance is just a blithe exercise with one patented scene of Streepian vulnerability soldered onto it. The film doesn't even have any New-York-fantasyland snap as the city scenes Hathaway moves through are an afterthought.
Rated 24 May 2024
It is very bitchy of Meryl Streep to be in a bad comedy, especially in a supporting role. I wince every second she isn't on screen, and grin like Squints Palledorous every moment she is.
Rated 22 Mar 2019
One of those “I forgot I watched this” type of deals
Rated 16 Sep 2008
Anne Hathaway's character doesn't ultimately seem as smart as the script keeps saying she is. She also repeatedly shows much more love and respect for the various authority figures at her evil and corrupting job than she shows for her friends and family -- even though said authority figures treat her like dirt, and even after the big "change of heart" climax that you can see coming a mile away. Am I the only one who finds this a bit disturbing?
Rated 27 Sep 2008
What a lame, soft and pointless piece of crap.
Rated 30 Aug 2010
Streep makes her scenes watchable, Hathaway's cookie-cutter character makes it nauseating. Let's not talk about this any more than we have to.
Rated 29 Oct 2012
Horrible people whining and wearing silly clothes, streep was good though.
Rated 19 May 2018
A great cast contributes to what could have been a fairly nondescript film.
Rated 01 Dec 2006
Fun to watch Meryl Streep in this one.
Rated 02 Dec 2006
Enjoyable film, but not memorable.
Rated 24 Dec 2006
Liked it a LOT more than I ever expected to. Very entertaining.
Rated 07 Jan 2007
Fairly simple, predictable story about a rather unimportant issue in the lives of most. Acting was quite good.
Rated 29 Jun 2011
A very funny, clever and well-acted comedy which Streep dominates with ease but not without some great supporting turns.
Rated 12 Aug 2010
Not normally a fan of Hathaway but did enjoy her here. She worked well with both Streep and Blunt. Good family type movie.
Rated 02 Oct 2009
Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. Don't need to say anything else. Nice soundtrack, also.
Rated 25 Feb 2007
Meryl is perfect as the Devil!
Rated 26 Feb 2007
A cute film that avoided most cliches and allowed Streep to give yet another great performance, oustshining the also good Blunt and Hathaway.
Rated 07 Mar 2007
I thought this film did a good job of humanizing some really annoying and arrogant individuals. No one was just some silly caricature of the fashion world.
Rated 08 Mar 2007
Actually a pretty refreshing throwback to the kind of bitchy picaresque romantic comedies Hollywood used to crank out in the 30s and 40s.
Rated 17 Jul 2014
For God's sake, can they please stop calling Anne Hathaway fat? She's like a 100 pounds.
Rated 11 Jun 2011
2/5
Rated 20 Jul 2010
Meryl Streep in her best! :D
Rated 18 May 2007
Fun and a bit campy, but we need movies that carry the "campy" quality. Yes, a mindless vedge that deserves at least one popcorn viewing.
Rated 03 Jun 2007
Surprisingly entertaining.
Rated 25 Jun 2007
Funny, and sweet.
Rated 11 May 2011
Satire that's not satirical enough.
Rated 05 Jul 2010
THE MOVIE OF MY LIFE!
Rated 10 Oct 2009
Delightful.
As a whole, this film was entertaining because it is built into human nature to yearn to see the ugly duckling grow up and defeat the big bad witch. This film has one hell of a big bad witch and a very familiar ugly duckling, which works pretty well.
Rated 06 Jul 2024
I quite enjoyed this. I interpreted this as a satire about the inhumanity of capitalism and consumerism and the way those institutions can corrupt, and I rated it as such; it's a bit like "Fight Club" in that you could also read it as apologia for it too though. I'm not sure of the intent. YMMV. Note that it portrays a *ton* of body shaming and fatphobia (which I interpreted as a critique of the same in the real-life fashion industry), so bear that in mind when choosing to watch it...
Rated 01 Aug 2014
Film iyi bir çizgide ilerlese de tahmin edilebilir bir sonla kapanış yapmış. Gerçi bu tür filmelerin amacı ters köşe yapmak değildir. Neyse Anne Hathaway çok mu güzel gülüyor yoksa bana mı öyle geldi bilmiyorum ama bir gerçek var ki film genelinde tercih ettiği saç stili çok yakışmış.
Rated 04 Nov 2017
Meryl Streep, as always, ladies and gentlemen. This is one of her more popular roles alongside Anne Hathaway, and I couldn't help but admire both actors in their portrayal for this film. Before watching this, I actually read the book this was based from and I'd say Streep walked out of the pages as the character she portrays. Although I didn't pay too much attention on other cinematic details, I'd still give this a decent rating because I love the story.
Rated 15 Aug 2007
I have a crush on Adrienne Grenier (shhh!) and Anne Hathaway is what women in Hollywood should be. Meryl Streep can still do it! Yeahh. I'd watch it again a few times...
Rated 15 Aug 2007
Not as bad as I thought it would be, but it still sucked. The movie was about as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow.
Rated 18 Aug 2007
A film about shoes and stuff
Rated 22 Sep 2013
so it starts off with a fashion-clueless girl who works at a fashion place and all the girls are nasty to her. and then she starts trying fit in and she turns into a nasty girl herself. i'm going to bed, but i have a sneaky suspicion that in the third act she will regret her assholeness and she will will come together in some halfway compromise celebrating uniqueness but also stylishness! oh yeah, well i checked wikipedia. some good meryl streep i suppose.
Rated 07 Jan 2012
Just felt bad for Ms. Streep's character in the end.
Rated 21 Nov 2010
My favourite unconventional couple. A movie about two women's professional relation. Fun and deep, I could watch it thousands of times.
Rated 15 Sep 2007
Watchable film. Wasn't my taste, but I've seen worse.
Rated 08 Oct 2007
A big satire to the great corporations of the industry of the fashion. A extraordinary acting of Meryl Streep.
Rated 17 Oct 2007
girly fashion film...boring
Rated 20 Sep 2022
Contrary to what I was led to believe, the movie never actually sides against Nate—perhaps the most sensible character—and it's all the better for it. Streep and Tucci are the highlights, however.
Rated 04 May 2013
Hathaway and Blunt keep me watching...
Rated 21 Nov 2016
Cheesy movie with a strong cast
Rated 03 Dec 2017
Guilty pleasure. Repeat watching. Emily Blunt! Andy's annoying boyfriend. Meryll!!! That will be all Emily.
Rated 19 Feb 2012
yeah, I don't know. nice try, I guess, but...:/
Rated 30 Dec 2007
Meryl Streep is both funny and a badass in this one. I don't think I've seen many actresses pull that off in such a compelling fashion.
Rated 13 Jan 2008
Quite ok and nothing awful about it but for me it just didn't come alive and wasted the talents of the actors
Rated 20 Jan 2008
This is actually a pretty solid film. The three main actresses are great here.
Rated 13 Sep 2022
My favorite movie ever very nostalgic however I hated Andreas friends they did not want the best for her and were being selfish she had so much potential
Rated 07 Apr 2013
The Devil Wears Prada is a success not because of the way that it looks at the fashion industry -- shrewd as that judgment is -- but the way it looks at any workplace. The melodrama and characters, while they work as broad stereotypes that you can associate with people you know, don't function well in the drama, which is why it's not a complete winner. But it's funny and contains good performances and sharp observations that I give it a recommendation, regardless of your familiarity with Prada.
Rated 19 Jan 2011
Amazing script, performances, soundtrac... The film is funny, moving, intelligent, and most of all fashionably impecable! (Let's face it: everybody has had, at least once, a boss like that! The film raises instant empathy).
Rated 11 Apr 2010
Anne Hathaway looks good sooooooooooooooooo and Adrian Grenier is my boy
Rated 09 Mar 2008
It was fine. An interesting idea, but it felt like the story didn't always fit together.
Rated 10 Mar 2008
Enjoyable, but I didn't "get" the conflict. I thought there was a lot of humanity in all the characters, and didn't even know for whom I was "rooting!"
Rated 30 Mar 2008
Meryl Streep. That's all.
Rated 12 Sep 2022
I used to want to be Miranda Priestly and I don't know if it is a bad thing. Anyway.
Rated 12 Jan 2015
This movie squanders Anne Hathaway's tits.
Rated 06 Apr 2010
Mistakes - 1) Andrea's bagel that she is eating disappears between shots. 2) Miranda disappears from the back of the taxi she is in when a wide shot of the taxi leaving is shown.
Rated 13 Aug 2009
Loooooooooong movie. Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep both are quite good in their roles, but the movie seems to drag on quite a bit towards the end.
Rated 20 Jun 2008
Meh. Overrated and annoying after one hour. I think I know why people like this movie but it doesn't make it good.
Rated 24 Jun 2008
A true insight about being a young independent career woman in the world of today. Anything but the light commedy one might think it is at fisrt glance, Hathawat and Streep are a true match here.
Rated 18 Jul 2008
'Prada' definitely has its moments, but it manages to be too full of itself to be entertaining. Hathaway, Streep, Blunt and Tucci give credible performances, but the whole film feels like a after-school, Scholastic produced TV special for adults.
Rated 06 Aug 2021
????????????
Rated 04 Nov 2012
Just liked it
Rated 10 Jan 2011
"Here is the stroke of an artist cutting through the narcissistic confusion around her, both shaming and enlivening this smooth but wafer-thin film." - Dan Callahan
Rated 08 Mar 2010
a movie for girls who watch the hills
Rated 07 Aug 2009
no very good
Rated 18 Sep 2008
sjov tøsefilm
Rated 21 Sep 2008
This film is very overrated. Has some funny scenes, though.
Rated 30 Apr 2021
Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway are perfect in this, so just watch It already.
Rated 29 Jul 2009
Fun and lofty little film pulled far above what it would be thanks the the goddess that is Meryl Streep.
Rated 20 Dec 2008
This is my guilty pleasure movie of all time. You know what, I don't even feel guilty anymore. John Krasinski, I totally understand why you watched this movie for 72 times. I really do. And you are absolutely right.
Rated 31 Dec 2008
Theres one reason I didn't give this five stars, it has a big flaw. It's 15-20 mins too short. But it's 110 mins already Mac, I hear you say. Yup, sure is but it doesn't hurt at that length. the problem is Andy's friends. The chemistry there is fantastic, the whole thing feels entirely natural, but they aren't in it enough. This could have used a whole bunch more of that interaction over the first reel and a half. As for the film itself, its full of on the button performances and it
Rated 15 Jan 2009
Great Movie! Kuddos to Meryl she was this movie!
Rated 01 Jan 2021
Meryl Streep dominates the entire movie. A great performance also by Anne Hathaway. Sure, without those two fabulous actresses the movie would collapse on itself because of its predictability, and instead it's quite enjoyable and sparkling.
Rated 25 Sep 2017
6/6
Rated 30 Jan 2012
Goddammit, why am I continually forced to watch these fucking films?
Rated 11 Oct 2009
Streep was Awesome as the editor. Anne Hathaway was good in transformation from innocent in style to 'fashionista'. Like the story.
Rated 11 Feb 2009
Entertaining.
Rated 11 Feb 2009
Pretty clothes..Meryl Streep is really good
Rated 02 Mar 2009
Predictable and bland but greatly bolstered by Streep's performance. Personally, I found most of the cast unlikeable and started rooting for Hathaway's character to hook up with Rich Sommers. Thankfully, the movie avoided the fairytale "man of her dreams" ending, but this just felt lacklustre not daring.
Rated 22 Jan 2020
This film fell completely flat for me and even the acting felt sub par. Not really much to say about this Meh movie.
Rated 19 Dec 2010
Meryl Streep ever perfect
Rated 02 Dec 2010
I used to really like this in my fashion-loving period. Meryl Streep and her charecter are fabulous. Anne Hathway is very cute. The whole movie is cute actually. That's all.
Rated 09 Apr 2009
can meryl streep ever go wrong? NEVER!
Rated 09 Apr 2009
Sexy COmdey...
Rated 20 Apr 2009
Nothing much. But Meryl is good as allways, she saves the lame story a bit.
Rated 15 Nov 2019
Most everyone does a good job with their performances. Simply put, I just hate the story and found this whole thing irritating to watch