The Goonies

The Goonies

1985

Rated 01 Oct 2018
So where am I suppose to show up to be whipped for thinking this was really boring
Rated 02 Aug 2019
What a tonal rollercoaster! Mouth goes from slapstick water in the face to a Rocky impression to a fat shamer to a bilingual pervert to a map translator to a tongue hostage to a Martha Plimpton hater to a all my dreams are dead penny stealer to a furious accusatory mutineer to a jewel eater to a Martha Plimpton lover. Tough to pinpoint the age group this is aimed at but it's not my seven year old. Not yet.
Rated 10 Aug 2016
Having not seen this until I was in my 20s, I have no nostalgia connected to it. Taken on its own merits, it's an average '80s kids movie that hasn't aged particularly well. Chunk's cool, though, and I appreciate how the kids talk and act in ways that no modern Hollywood movies would allow. Monster Squad is still better.
Rated 07 Aug 2018
I recently rewatched this for the first time in over ten years. I was surprised to find that it didn't quite hold up to my action packed, totally awesome memories. I probably shouldn't have been surprised, but "The Goonies" suffers from a pacing problem and just isn't quite as exhilarating as it should have been, though it is still a very fun adventure movie.
Rated 28 Nov 2014
I have to disagree with Cyndi Lauper on this one; the Goonies are not good enough for me.
The pirate ship part is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Alot of fun, but it didn't age well.
Rated 27 Dec 2007
If you can take off your nostalgia goggles for five seconds, you'd probably see that this is a not so great film with just few classic moments (everything with Chunk basically) that really aren't enough to save it.
Rated 30 Jan 2007
I can watch this one over and over, and it's one of the few of my childhood favorites that I still like.
Rated 26 May 2017
I love how Mikey throws away his inhaler at the end of the movie, as if his Asthma was magically cured...And how Lupe could appraise the value of gemstones that could have been glass.
This is youthful nostalgia speaking more than anything, but they're the goddamn Goonies!
Just about as good as it gets. This is the ultimate youth expedition movie, about a group of young kids who go on a treasure hunt hoping to find a pirates treasure to save their neighborhood. This is an Absolute must see.
Rated 20 Oct 2007
If you enjoy watching untalented children shrieking without cease, this is for you.
Kids classic.
Rated 18 Oct 2007
classic
Rated 17 May 2011
An energetic, sometimes noisy mix of Speilbergian sentiment and funhouse tricks that will appeal to kids and nostalgic adults alike.
Rated 20 Aug 2007
Just the best man, you gotta love the goonies!!!!!!
Rated 26 Apr 2009
As a child I thought I could have an adventure like that.
Rated 01 Mar 2007
"HEY YOOOOUUU GUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYS!"....Classic.
It is as good the 20th time as it was the first. An American classic. Anyone who rates this movie below a 90 deserves to spend some hard time in Guantanimo Bay.
Rated 20 Mar 2008
Classic movie. Enough said.
Rated 09 Apr 2014
Its by no means a perfect movie, but its sure got a lot of heart. Its just one of those films that perfectly captures the essence of what its like to be a kid. Its also very 80's in all the right ways. Being made with today's CGI laden filmmaking would have ruined it from the start.
The Goonies gains momentum from its charm and imagination, making this a popcorn movie favorite, especially for people who love the 80s.
Rated 09 Mar 2018
You can tell it's an 80's film because Corey Feldman looks 32 and Ke Huy Quan is an Asian stereotype named Data. Recommended for parents who haven't fucked each other in years.
Rated 31 Oct 2007
Loved it in the 80's, still love it now
Rated 31 Aug 2007
One of my alltime favorties. I was obsessed with this movie growing up.
Rated 12 Apr 2008
Classic, never get tired of it.
Rated 27 Apr 2007
Loved it...one of those movies that everytime it comes on TV you have to watch it
One of the greatest adventure films of all time, hands down. This movie embodies everything that is wonderful and true about childhood.
One of the few movies I can watch anytime, anywhere, and I still get the same reaction I did when I was a kid. Is it hokey? You bet, but it wouldn't be the Goonies if it took itself seriously.
Rated 14 Feb 2010
A brilliant adventure movie filled with great humour and exciting action sequences, Indiana Jones for kids essentially. There are some mis-steps here and there but the acting is decent from the child actors and the script moves along crisply. It's also extremely 80's in execution, there are some things in here that probably wouldn't pass in a modern kids movie. While nostalgia certainly helps, Goonies is still a fun kids adventure movie that's enjoyable for adults too.
Goonies Never Die!
Rated 04 Mar 2008
It's baffling how this has an iconic, classic status amongst children of the 80's. Though it's a good adventure it's not really that good of a movie, and nothing about its remarkable even by the standards for kids. There's nothing bad about The Goonies at all, there's just nothing all that good about it either. Looking back on it it's easy to use rosy tinted goggles, but objectively speaking, it's merely acceptable.
Rated 15 Feb 2008
Heeyyy you guyyyysss!!!! Great cult flick.
Rated 20 Mar 2007
The best childhood adventure of all time.
Rated 30 Jan 2022
It’s so weird that there’s this subset of 80s movies where people of a certain age are like “yes! one of the best movies of all time! truly a perfect movie!” and everyone else is just like “wh…..what the fuck are you talking about dude”
Rated 22 Sep 2014
The most annoying and awful Spielberg film ever
Rated 11 Mar 2008
Another of the "I can't believe you didn't see that in the 80s" movies I was introduced to recently. While it was a good idea for a story and parts were funny and well-done (and the scenery was pretty--Pacific Northwest--and it was fun seeing Sean Astin as a kid!) I was not overwhelmingly enthused about the movie as a whole.
Rated 02 Jan 2008
One of the greatest family adventure films ever made.
A pure and original adventure through the eyes of a group of kids. There aren't many movies that are made like this.
Rated 05 Jun 2009
I never really thought of this film as anything special, and then it became a pop culture icon and I resented the fact that it was ever made. The movie is alright though.
who wants to do the truffle shuffle?
Rated 16 Oct 2011
Positives: -"Wait. We can't take these!" -"Why?" -"Because they're somebody elses wishes. Somebody elses dreams!" -"Well you know what? This one. This one right here, this was my wish. My dream... and it didn't come true. So I am taking them back. I'm taking them all back." Negatives: Just not sure they should've named the pirate One-eyed Willie...
Rated 04 Mar 2009
If I were smooth enough to break into Pirates of the Caribbean ride after the park was closed- I would so reinact this movie with friends.
Rated 10 Aug 2008
very very good movie
Rated 15 Jan 2009
I loved this movie as a kid! I love this now! Great adventure movie, what kid doesn't want to find pirate treasure and safe the day!
Goonies never say die!
Rated 06 Jun 2008
this is one of the best films of all time! there is very little else that beats this.
Rated 27 Jun 2007
Too bad all PG movies these days are PG and feature bi-curious zoo animals.
Rated 23 Feb 2010
I think it would have helped if I had seen this when I was younger. The attempts of translating Spanish by Feldman were a little funny. An easy watch.
Rated 01 Mar 2009
GOD I hate this movie. Although I still chuckle at "One-Eyed Willie"...
Rated 02 Jan 2009
Classic.
Rated 01 Dec 2007
Overrated.
Rated 21 Aug 2016
GOONIES NEVER DIE!!
Rated 07 Apr 2007
I'm sure if I'd seen this when I was 11 or so I'd have a fond sense of nostalgia for it, but watching it for the first time as an adult I am thoroughly unimpressed. The kids are annoying and the acting is bad. The comedy is not only unfunny but actively irritating. The adventure story is nothing special. There are some decent set pieces here though, so at least it has that going for it.
Rated 29 Jan 2013
Unfortunately, unless you're the right age seeing it for the first time, this really isn't all that enjoyable. As well-made as you'd expect for a film off the Spielberg wagon, and the cast is pretty great, but the story failed to engage me at all. Certain dialog feels incredibly inappropriate given the age of the kids.
Rated 26 Nov 2011
Out of the 2000 films I've seen, this is a very strong contender for the worst. OMG it has so much wrong (anachronisms, plot holes, atrocious acting, incompetent direction, directionless plot) that it's hard to know where to begin. A huge problem is that it's too violent for kids and offers no intelligence for adults. So it has no target audience. The only good thing about the film is Cyndi Lauper's theme song. No matter how many people tell you that you must see this, avoid it at all costs.
Rated 24 Aug 2007
Classic, truffle shuffle
Rated 20 Nov 2007
What you doubt to Goonies, what's wrong with you!?!. This is the quintessential 80's film. Correy, truffle shuffle, pirates, chunk. If you don't know this movie you must be Amish.
Need i say more
Rated 06 Jun 2008
Possibly the greatest kids adventure ever made. It's true to say that they don't make them like this anymore, and thats a bad thing - this has enough adventure to keep the kids happy, and a sharp wit to keep adults entertained. And seriously - is there a better physical comedian than the kid who played "Chunk". Watch that performance and tell me that Hollywood didnt miss out on a superstar!
Rated 21 Feb 2018
I hate Spielberg. This is one of his worst. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about his obnoxious, formulaic bullshit.
Rated 09 Jun 2007
The 80's decade can be summarized with a viewing of this movie. Good, cheesy, campy fun.
I...smell...icecream!
Rated 28 Apr 2010
A terrible and annoying mess of a movie. I really don't understand why this is considered a classic beside the fact that Spielberg produced/wrote the screenplay...
Rated 16 Jul 2018
It doesn't quite have the same magic as it did when I was a kid, but it still holds up reasonably well. I really wish the kids didn't shout so much though, it's exhausting. Get off my lawn etc.
Rated 02 Mar 2010
Guess I was too old to appreciate this sort of thing.
Rated 18 Feb 2008
Classic movie of 80's. Great adventure. Which child ever dream about anything so?
Rated 10 Jul 2012
Rated 13 May 2008
i love 80's spielberg, funny movie.
Rated 22 Jun 2010
Goonies never say die. The goonies will never die!
its like being 10 years old again, sitting in front of the tv on a snowy sunday afternoon with a hot chocolate in one hand and a cookie in the other :D
Rated 03 Mar 2021
It certainly was intriguing to see a young Sean Astin and especially a young Josh Brolin. But other than the odd slapstick or pseudo-humouristic hit, the rest was mostly a miss. I can certainly relate to why this has become a cult film, as it contains a lot 80s memorabilia and several characters worthy of becoming cult-classics (definitely Sloth with his memorable "Hey, you guys!" alongside Chunk and his unfiltered charm), but other than that the rest was all over the place and there ain't much.
Rated 30 Jun 2015
Probably the movie that has impressed my childhood the most.
Rated 03 Nov 2008
May have been cool if you watched it in the 80s as a child.
Rated 08 Jul 2021
I was a bit bored honestly. Too much childish and 80's for my tastes. Chunk is annoying as hell also.
Rated 18 Jul 2021
Very heart warming film
Rated 05 Aug 2010
infânciaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Rated 02 Nov 2007
Not the greatest movie ever made, but I enjoy the hell out of it. I don't know if it's just the nostalgia coloring my view, but whenever I'm in a funk, I can pull this off the shelf, pop it in the player, and it's guaranteed to cheer me up.
"Hey you guys!" Great movie and fun for all ages. Grab a Baby Ruth and enjoy the show.
Rated 28 Feb 2020
Bloated but enjoyable adventure yarn is a sometimes uneasy mix of TEMPLE OF DOOM and kid sensibilities (with Cohen's arm nearly disappearing into a blender!) and feels like one of those "producer" projects that Spielberg took over - there's not much here that feels like a true Donner film. Still the kids are a uniformly fine bunch with Cohen's "Chunk" by far the standout (almost deserving his own spin-off), though why everyone was directed to SHOUT SO LOUD is beyond me! Wonderful Grusin score.
Rated 22 Jul 2009
For a whole generation, this is forever gonna be a gem from our childhood.
Rated 29 Jan 2007
Robert Davi and Joey Pants are hilarious as a couple of bumbling goombahs out to steal some pirate treasure from a motley gang of preteens. Classic kids adventure movie.
Rated 15 Oct 2008
Fun and imaginative. Classic '80s show.
Where to begin...
Rated 03 Jan 2014
Rated 19 Jul 2009
One of the all time classic adventure movies. Perfect for kids and still remains fresh and funny today
sloth loves chunk, and that is all you need to know before you see this one, oh, and feldman is here but im not sure whether it was before or during his coke phase with Andy Garcia...
Rated 30 Oct 2007
HaHa. Classic
Rated 03 Jan 2012
I completely disagree with Siskel and Ebert. I liked the first 30 minutes because it shows these kids being kids and that's fun to watch. But once the adventure kicks in, it actually gets boring.
Rated 12 Dec 2023
The 80s were batshit crazy
Rated 13 Jan 2010
Kind of fun in a childish way with a compelling if silly adventure. A bunch of bad and dated moments along the way drag it down, though, not to mention the really blatant product placement.
Rated 11 Oct 2023
It was amazing.
Rated 18 May 2008
Big fun, charming teenybopper stuff.
A fun adventure of a ragtag bunch of kids, The Goonies loses something after the viewer is older than thirteen. For children, it is a must see and a classic of the 80's. Pretty good!
Rated 21 Sep 2010
There is an entire segment of demented adults, myself included, for whom this movie is the inspiration and explanation of their lives. HEEEEEEEEEEEY YOU GUUUUUYS!
Rated 26 Aug 2015
Steven Spielberg's movies have always managed to appear extraordinarily real and childlike. It's one of the strengths of his films, and perhaps the most saving grace in The Goonies, his latest action-adventure fantasy. The action at the center of Chris Columbus' script occasionally falters and generally feels manufactured, but the kids go about their chores as if convinced that all their make-believe is true.
Rated 16 Dec 2011
The Goonies, a group of friends living in the "Goon Docks" neighborhood of Astoria, Oregon, face foreclosure on their families' homes from the expanding Astoria Country Club. On one of their last days their morale sinks particularly low due to Mikey's older brother having failed his driver's license exam, thwarting their plans to "cruise the coast in style" during their "last Goonies weekend." While rummaging through the Walshes' attic, they find an old newspaper clipping, a Spanish map, and an
Rated 17 Sep 2008
Første gang - kedelig, men jeg holder alligevel af dens naivitet
Rated 14 Jul 2009
Childhood classic
Rated 22 Nov 2010
A guilty pleasure. Treasure hunts has seldom been more fun than this. Don't miss a teenage Josh Brolin in a chase scene on a three-wheeler.