2011
Mystery
Right after the bachelor party in Las Vegas, Phil, Stu, Alan, and Doug jet to Thailand for Stu's wedding. Stu's plan for a subdued pre-wedding brunch, however, goes seriously awry. (imdb)

2011
Mystery

Rated 27 May 2011
It has its moments, and it goes to much darker places this time around (sometimes to great effect), but the fact that it repeated every beat from the first definitely hurt it. It wasn't even an issue of unoriginality. It just felt like they didn't even try, and assumed certain repeated elements would automatically be funny (Stu's song and Mike Tyson come to mind). It lacks the magic hilarity that made the first great.
Rated 28 May 2011
It just kind of bums me out to see such a lack of ambition and innovation. I mean, American Pie 2 might have been about guys throwing a beach party, but at least it had a different plot than the original. "I can't believe this is happening again!" Yup, right there with ya Stu.
Rated 11 Jun 2011
I never thought that the first was great and so expected the same things to happen in the sequel. Its just like watching the first part again except that its in Thailand. The humor was more dark and crude compared to the first, but it had its moments.
Rated 04 Sep 2021
Retelling of the first film by your stupid edgelord son. Thailand looks miserable I'd need to be doused in talc at all times or just become dangerously chafed.
Rated 03 Aug 2014
bagcock is wat my muther used to tel me not 2 do she'd say "chippah don't you bang ur cock no morh its not nice" #rubenesque #saintoneart
Rated 25 Jun 2011
Offensively unambitious and embarrassingly unfunny.
Rated 12 Jun 2011
what a piece of utter gash.
Rated 02 Jul 2011
Basically the same movie as the first one, but with different gags. It's still funny and worth a watch if you liked the first one.
Rated 20 Jun 2011
First off: you are bound to laugh when you watch it. However, the concept is the exact same one as in the first part, no surprises there (of course with a different content, but still). The one thing that concerns me is the movie's rating in Germany, I was sitting in a movie theatre filled with 12 year olds and even younger children. Surely not appropriate for children, in my opinion.
Rated 31 May 2011
Some funny parts but tried to hard to be funnier then the 1st movie.
Rated 30 May 2011
Just not a funny film at all; doesn't even try to be (even the first one had a few laughs. A few). This is just a complete rehash of the first movie; it just takes all the elements that made it successful last time and cash in on those, albeit without any originality or improvement or jokes. One of the laziest films to come out in a while.
Rated 26 Jun 2011
I think I rated the first one like an 80 or something because I could see the appeal. With that said, I didn't lose my shit over the first one like a lot of people seemed to. There were a few really funny parts, like "Nigga please, we're both dead inside," but the first movie wasn't good enough for the second to rely on the same shit. Tyson is always nice to see, but it wasn't great. Stu's song wasn't great. They 'upped' all the stuff the boys go through, but it wasn't half as funny.
Terrible.
Rated 04 Jun 2011
I really don't see why people think so highly of these hangover movies. The first one wasn't even that good.
Rated 15 Jun 2011
A marginal improvement over the first one, mainly because this time, Galifianakis is treated as a psychotic monster to be avoided rather than everybody's little pal. It still left me pretty cold, though; apparently I just don't get the humor in monkeys smoking cigarettes.
Rated 02 Jun 2011
Felt boring and fairly lost. Tried way to hard to be edgy and the scenes just didn't stick out as they did in the first. I struggled to enjoy any aspect of it.
Rated 01 Jun 2011
The movie, of course, suffers from predictability. Make no mistake - it's the *exact same* formula as the first movie. But quite frankly, if you went into this thinking it was going to be a whole whack different than the first movie, that's your fault. Don't blame the movie. While it IS the exact same movie (essentially) in a different setting... the same conventions and the same gags still work, mostly because we love the characters. While it did lack the same magic, in the end, it still works.
Rated 28 Aug 2012
I had the feeling the director thought, " we have the ingredients that work, lets mix it up with some asian spice and see what happens". a pale noodle soup happend..
Rated 01 Jun 2011
This movie is almost beat for beat the exact same thing as the first film just "crazier" (if crazier means a tattooed face over pulling out a tooth, shemale prostitutes instead of female prostitutes, getting shot in the arm instead of tazed, and a drug dealing monkey that smokes instead of a tiger). Everything that was charming and innovative about the first movie did not show up for the second. Don't waste your time.
Rated 04 Jun 2011
"It happened again." Actually, it didn't, but I do so wish it had. If just being a carbon copy of the original was the film's main weakness I might have been willing to forgive it. It's been a while since I saw the first one and I really wouldn't mind watching it "again." But not only is this film unoriginal, it's barely even funny. Every character has lost any shred of likeability, and we're left with just a mess of assholes. I can't buy into a movie where I hope everyone in it dies horribly.
Rated 28 Oct 2011
A mess. Almost the same movie as the first one (which I kind of liked), full of stereotypes and just way too pubertal in every way.
Rated 03 Jun 2011
The Hangover Part II isn't so much a sequel as it is a remake. That wouldn't be such a bad thing if there were jokes instead of a ridiculous unnecessary amount of plot. Most of the funny moments (or attempts at them) are just cash ins on first film nostalgia. The inclusion of Paul Giamatti as an actual element of the story in Hangover Part II says everything that needs to be said about this movie. It may have some great set pieces and sharp visuals, but the script is mailed in.
Rated 02 Jun 2011
It was a decent comedy but nowhere near the level of the first one.
Rated 06 May 2012
I didn't have high expectations going into this. To be honest, this film looks pretty good, visually, if rather bland. That said, I anticipated that even in the worst case scenario, I'd find some enjoyment in seeing the three leads interact, considering the talent at hand. I was disappointed to find, however, that the writing is altogether shallow, infantile and full of cheap shots that fail to tickle the funny bone. And just the case was with the first film, Ken Jeong is terrible in this.
Rated 24 May 2011
The exact same movie... Just worse... The Ladyboys were the highlight!
Rated 31 May 2011
I am a stay at home son. Hilarious!
Rated 27 May 2011
Much more coherent in every way than the first. Yeah, extremely outrageous things happen, but they somehow seem more likely even though they go even further than the last time. The "hangover-as-a-detective-story" aspect is handled better here than in any other film I've seen. The main 3 cast members are excellent, and some of the sequences were incredible, but it's hardly Academy Award winning stuff here. I liked it more than the original, but it could've done without Mike Tyson.
Rated 11 Nov 2011
Hey, did you want to watch the Hangover again? If so, good news! this is 100% identical to the first movie.
Rated 30 May 2011
While I found the Hangover a good laugh, Hangover 2 left me wondering why they bothered making a sequel, unless it was just to milk the first film a little more. I am disappointed.
Rated 19 Jul 2011
I loved the first one, but I didn't get much out of this beat-for-beat identical twin. Unless it was all in Alan's head.
Rated 17 Nov 2013
Did you like the first hangover? What if the baby was a monkey and it took place in Thailand instead? Congratulations you've now seen Hangover Part 2.
Rated 30 Jan 2013
Heyy Alan, adamım benim... Gökhan'la özdeştiriyorum bu herifi. Üçüncü bölüm için çekimler başlamış ve bitmek üzereymiş. Merakla bekliyorum...
Rated 05 May 2012
Rated 23 Feb 2012
Better than I expected, only because I was expecting it to be a terrible rehash. Fine, it was a rehash, but not utterly terrible.
Rated 18 Oct 2014
Nice movie, pure laughable moments, not that different from the first movie, but a decent movie nontheless!
Rated 02 Apr 2013
I was never a big fan of The Hangover, so I wasn't in a hurry to see the sequel. Like everyone else has already said, this one is just a complete copy of the first film. Because of that, I felt the same about it. I laughed out loud maybe once throughout the whole thing. In saying that, I found it reasonably entertaining to watch. Ken Jeong was definitely the best thing about it. The first one was probably better, but this wasn't a whole lot worse or anything - it was just lazy.
Rated 14 Sep 2014
Only worth watching if you haven't seen the prequel. Recycled jokes and gimmicks (And impossible speeds to get across Thailand in the time they do).
Rated 02 Jul 2019
'The Hangover Part II' is funny, even if it isn't the hilarious shit show that the first one was. I found Galifianakis to be less funny than he was in the first movie, and more annoying. However, Jeong fills the role of the comedian perfectly for this film.
Rated 26 Jun 2011
as part one, not just the story, but the amount of laughing time too
Rated 07 Jun 2011
I was surprised to find myself enjoying "The Hangover Part II", albeit moderately -maybe because I had adjusted my expectations properly. Don't expect the hilarity of the original or a "mystery" as compelling as the first time round, but still, Part II manages to deliver the goods adequately -it's raunchy, rude, funny and entertaining. Galifianakis steals the show once again and although the laughs are rarely big, there's always something amusing going on. It's perfectly decent summer fair.
Rated 24 Mar 2013
I'd be remiss to say that The Hangover Part II is worse than the original. I laughed one time in the first one, and I laughed one time in this one. It was for the same reason, and the same cameo. Perhaps it's just that this personality -- whom I won't name for fear of spoiling -- is just inherently funny to see. Regardless, if you liked the first Hangover, and just want to see it, but in Thailand, you have your movie. Now leave me to my sorrow and permit me to drink away the bad memories.
Rated 15 Apr 2013
Lazy and dumb
Rated 30 May 2011
Barring the almost certain suggestions 2 water it down 2 a more teen-friendly PG-13 abomination, it's unlikely a studio head would have a single thing they wanted changed in this virtual twin of the first film. Structurally it not only hits exactly the same beats, but seems 2 do it at the same running times. To do this & still be funny is no small accomplishment. If nothing else, this proves many funny moments, as always, forgives all& it's unlikely any1 will ever watch a more entertaining Xerox
Rated 08 Aug 2011
I guess you had to see the first one to appreciate it... (Oh, wait... I just read all your mini-reviews... Scratch that...)
Rated 01 Mar 2017
Even funnier than the first due to Chow's increased role.
Rated 18 Oct 2021
It's literally the same exact story as the first chapter. They put zero effort to find different solutions
Rated 11 Apr 2021
The Hangover Part II is more of the same from the people who gave us the first movie. Saying that, The Hangover is still a pretty entertaining movie but the whole thing begs the question, "Why did we need another one of these?" I'm sure the answer is money. This movie is a study in audiences being stupid and Hollywood banking on that stupidity. Helms is still a pretty likeable character. Galifanakis and Jeong carry most of the comedic weight in this movie. There are a few surprises but not many.
Rated 27 May 2011
Exact same story as the original, but it's still a whole lot of fun and pretty damn hilarious.
Rated 07 Jan 2013
Completely unnecessary sequel. Some moments worthy of a guilty chuckle, but mostly a long groan.
Rated 13 Dec 2020
Quite a lot less amusing and significantly more mean-spirited sequel. I have little issue with them re-treading the formula since it was totally expected, and it's a fine comedy vehicle... I just wish they'd worked harder on the comedy. Somewhat problematic in brief moments, and although it feels more like crude ignorance than anything meaningful, it is a bit disappointing to see a talented group grabbing at cheap gags rather than the spontaneous-feeling humour of their awkward, warm comradery.
Rated 18 Dec 2011
I was expecting a lot more from this but at the same time you had to expect the same thing.
Rated 22 Dec 2013
A crueler, darker, raunchier carbon copy of the first installment, The Hangover Part II lacks the element of surprise -- and most of the joy -- that helped make the original a hit.
Rated 23 Oct 2011
The only really funny thing is how Khalifapancakes laughs whenever someone else does.
Rated 02 Jun 2011
Rehash of the first, only dumber. At times it succeeds at being funny through sheer will of the leads, but most of the time it's just stupid people doing stupid things and learning stupid lessons.
Rated 23 Feb 2012
Better than Phantom Menace.
Rated 15 Aug 2016
It's nowhere near as good as the first of the series, but Phillips doesn't churn out a horrible second chapter, either. It has its moments, and the cast is still as lovable as ever, but it has an oddly inconstant tone and leans to heavily on jokes from the first. Might be worth a watch, but not mandatory viewing.
Rated 03 Jun 2013
Well, penises.
Rated 09 Dec 2011
More of the same, there were some funny moments. The only way this stays funny is if they make like 6 more and it just keeps happening and happening.
Rated 08 Dec 2020
Completely implausible
Rated 07 Jun 2011
The three leads keep whining "I can't believe it happened again!", "Oh, not again", "This time it's much worse". And I think I agree. After the huge success of the first film, "Part II" was inevitable. Not surprisingly, it's just a more vulgar and uninspired take on the first film. There is almost no hint of the originality, spontaneity and balls-out, side-splitting rudeness of the 2009 summer hit. I was hardly surprised by anything going on and rarely had a good laugh. Part III? No, thank you.
Rated 30 May 2011
Pretty much a rehash of the original but most of the humor still works, even if there weren't any real ROTFL moments.
Rated 25 Aug 2013
Good choice on the location and a nice try overall but not nearly enough jokes and the jokes are not funny enough. Too repetitious and the characters are too weak. Ken Jeong especially isn't fit for more than TV work.
Rated 30 Oct 2011
Although it has it's moments this movie is an exact copy of the first. Almost all the fun moments can be predicted and that takes away a big part of the fun. Galifanakis (if i'm spelling it right) rescues it from a total failiure.
Rated 22 Jan 2012
There was some nice connections to the first part but evidently the whole movie repeated the same pattern. Ken Jeong was kind of fun.
Rated 04 Jan 2012
Two years after their escapade in Las Vegas, Stu Price, Phil Wenneck, Alan Garner and Doug Billings travel to Thailand to celebrate Stu's impending wedding to Lauren. Much to Alan's dismay, they are joined by Lauren's younger brother, Teddy. During Lauren's father's toast, he shows his disapproval of Stu by comparing him to congee. At the end of the night, Stu hesitantly joins Phil, Doug, Alan and Teddy for a beer. Sitting at a campfire and roasting marshmallows, the group toast to Stu and Laure
Rated 23 Nov 2011
Sometimes even low expectations can lead to a disappointment.
Rated 09 Apr 2018
I laughed once.
Rated 06 Jun 2016
It's like, the exact same as the first one, but slightly darker. Lame.
Rated 28 Jun 2012
I felt like this one was a little better than the first one, because people ruined the first one for me with all the hype. I had several people mad at me that I had not seen The Hangover. When I finally saw it I was disappointed. This movie I had no expectations and because of that I really enjoyed some parts of it. Galifianakis cracked me up and the antics of the rest of the wolfpack were really good. I really didn't find Ken Jeong funny at all. Still I had a few good laughs more than #1.
Rated 30 Dec 2014
As others have said it's pretty much the same movie as the first just more low brow and with more cock jokes.
Rated 03 Jun 2011
Honestly, I liked it. I understand that it's not original in any sense of the word, but it had its moments. And if you've never seen the first one, you'd really like this one. Guaranteed.
Rated 19 Sep 2012
Yeah it is mostly the same jokes from the first one but it still had quite a few funny moments. More than a typical comedy sequel anyway.
Rated 27 May 2011
Some will call it out for being just a re-hash of the original, but that was all I was expecting/wanting heading in. It had plenty of laughs and enough of a twist to feel different. If they make a third, then I'll complain. But for now, this one brought what I was looking for.
Rated 09 Jan 2012
the hangover was an interesting anomaly, it was really just a decent comedy that got an amazing receipt in the box office. these days in hollywood anything that at least breaks even gets a sequel so now only a year and a half later we have a follow up that made an equally amazing profit. all things considered the most intriguing part of this movie is how so many people could rush to the theatre just to watch a passable movie.
Rated 07 Jun 2012
Too much of the same thing.
Rated 10 Sep 2011
the same pattern as hangover one... and least enjoyable sorta thing
Rated 29 Jun 2011
mm... I liked the she-male.
Rated 29 Oct 2011
All of the talk surrounding this movie said that it was simply a rehash of the original. That's kind of true, but with those diminished expectations I was a little surprised to see around 50% rehash and 50% new stuff. I mean, in a way the similar plot is kind of unforgivable, but there's still some quality stuff in there. I laughed, and honestly that puts it above many other comedies.
Rated 29 Apr 2016
W2E1P0S0V1M1A1R1. You can't reboot a film with a conceit this narrow. It was a brilliant one-time joke, but the only way to sustain a reboot is by taking things a step further into unpleasant absurdity. I'd rewatch the first one 4 times before revisiting this.
Rated 07 Jan 2012
They pretty much took the script for part one and changed the names/places/things, so...it had it's moments and it wasn't necessarily boring but COME ON
Rated 29 May 2011
Hangover Part II simply does everything the first film does while lowering the bar on all counts. This one is darker and more twisted with absolutely nothing new to offer audiences. Shock has completely dominated over surprise this time, and for that very reason I found the film to be a near-total disaster. That being said, keep in mind the 2009 original did little for me. While I did find a few good laughs, overall I wasn't a fan. And I found even less to like with this installment.
Rated 04 Jun 2013
Considering what people said, I expected a lot worse. But boy oh boy was this just about the laziest sequel ever. The only major difference between this one and the first movie is that this one goes so dark with its comedy it basically just becomes cruel. "Accidentally marries a stripper" is changed to "gets FUCKED IN THE ASS BY A HERMAPHRODITE WHILE TOO MESSED-UP TO KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING". Then it's waved away with "welp, guess I just have a dark side!" What the hell?
Rated 28 May 2013
The Hangover Part II had a lot to live up to and despite high expectations and a successful pay day at the box office, ultimately this second outing is something of a disappointment. The characters are as loveable as ever, and the outrageousness is comical. But the plot, events and general outline is a carbon copy of the original. Everything is cranked up a notch and there are the occasional laughs, but there's no originality whatsoever and it lacks the freshness of the first film.
Rated 11 Dec 2011
Everything is bigger and better in this comedic adventure as far as production goes but sadly it just mimics the formula set by the first film and as such was a bit too predictable. Because of that there were never really any "burst-out-laughing" moments, probably due to it being an American flick that relies heavily on 'simple' humour. That being said, it's an enjoyable ride and a fun one at that. The only thing that got genuine laughs out of me were the photos during the ending credits.
Rated 09 Jan 2012
Very much a forced rendition of the previous film, going to extreme lengths to still have the "shock value" that the first film had, but was never able to spark the same magic. The plot was even more terrible the the first, the characters were lackluster, relied heavily on typical American stereotypes, not to mention naked transgender strippers. The only highlight of the film was the time-lapse shots of Bangkok, other then that, don't waste your time.
Rated 22 Sep 2014
A long way down from the first one, which wasn't great but was a whole lot funnier than this. On the other hand, I've definitely seen worse movies
Rated 28 Feb 2021
Contains no laughs.
Rated 27 Nov 2011
Ilk filmden biraz daha sonuk fakat gene de izlenesi bir komedi.
Rated 20 Oct 2011
I would be OK if it was "more" of the same, but this sequel is a step back in every way.
Rated 10 Oct 2011
The same as the first with diminishing returns.
Rated 13 Dec 2011
I thought The Hangover was one of the most overrated films of 2009. Now, here we are with not just a retread of jokes that barely did it for me the first time, but also it takes place in the horror-show locale of Thailand. I honestly think that if you took out all the silliness and jokes, this movie would be terrifying.
Rated 22 Jul 2011
Same story different place. They go for the same laughs and get them sometimes but without any semblance of character arcs for our three assholes it just feels tired. All they had to do is throw some new shit in the mix and it might have even been better. Oh well, got some laughs out of me.
Rated 08 Jun 2011
Every so often it loses its way and goes to dark places unnecessarily, but over all there were enough laughs to make this a passable knockabout comedy of errors. And that's pretty much the point.
Rated 21 Oct 2011
why make the same movie again?? pointless
Rated 02 Jan 2012
Could have been made from the cutting room floor of the first movie. Mildly amusing in the way that hearing a joke for the second time raises a smile but not a laugh.
Rated 11 Feb 2012
A pretty wild ride, sure, and hilarious, but the movie doesn't really break into any new ground with this sequel. And I feel bad for Doug not being there.
Rated 19 Jun 2012
I'll never understand why some sequels that are "more of the same" work really well (Austin Powers 2, for example) and some like this one don't work too well at all. Anyway, it's worth catching on HBO, but it's not something to go out of your way to see.
Rated 30 Oct 2013
Rated 09 Oct 2013
Pretty meh. Galifinakis must love that people are paying him to do this one note man-child act, I hope he goes the Steve Martin route and returns to making his own thing and just doing these movies as paydays.
Rated 29 May 2011
A nice follow up to the original tho flawed in many ways. Mostly the whole road trip feeling from the first one is gone, and the pack is placed in random pieces that follow one another to deliver the jokes, which are less frequent. But still a good laugh,