The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
Amazon VideoApple TVAMC+ Amazon ChannelAMC Plus Apple TV Channel Starz Apple TV ChannelGoogle Play Movies
Vudu
The-Hunger-Games-Mockingjay

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

2014
Sci-fi, Fantasy
Katniss Everdeen is in District 13 after she shatters the games forever. Under the leadership of President Coin and the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss spreads her wings as she fights to save Peeta and a nation moved by her courage. (imdb)
Franchise: The Hunger Games
Vudu
Microsoft Store
AMC
AMC+
AMC+ Roku Premium Channel

I predict that during Hunger Games marathons, this movie will be known as The Hunger Games: Shall We Just Skip This One?
Remarkably, this maintains the above average quality of the previous installments, despite the lack of any real plot advancement. It does so by going even darker; a palpable specter of death hangs over the proceedings, from Katniss' losses, to the sacrificial acts of rebellion, to explicit threats of human extinction in this post-apocalyptic universe. If Hollywood insists on more of these unnecessary multi-part adaptations with not enough story, they can at least aim for this standard. RIP PSH.
This is as high as I can rank it. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I, like others, just fails to reach its high expectations. This two-parter could have used (some) more emotional grasp. Slow and not a lot of action, and that's what people are complaining about, but you have to remember: This is merely the intro to the greater part of the book, which is a decent sequel if I do say so myself. Not as good as the first two, but still a good movie.
I didn't understand what was going on half the time and frankly, my dear, I couldn't give a damn. Despite being the third entry in an already tired franchise, THG remains so frustratingly underwhelming, so instantly forgettable, it not only ruins any enjoyment that might be found but also complicates straightforward empathy for any of its characters. Except Peeta of course, whom I can't help but root for to finally get to second base. Don't give up buddy, you're almost there!
It's like a 2 hour long trailer for part 2. Is it a bad movie ? No, but lacks any action.

37 Collections including 22 Collaborative and 15 Public