The Incredibles 2

The Incredibles 2

2018
Action

Rated 18 Jun 2018
It lacks the biting social commentary of the original, and the villain is somewhat underwhelming, but this is still a highly entertaining and creative sequel that delivers exhilarating action sequences, engaging family dynamics, and big laughs (Jack-Jack vs. the raccoon being a highlight). I look forward to seeing Incredibles 3 in 2032.
Rated 04 Sep 2018
I thought the big twist at the end was "super" obvious. I mean, I figured out they were superheroes like twenty minutes into it.
Rated 19 Jun 2018
Incredibles 2 follows up Finding Dory and Monsters University to solidify the new normal for Pixar sequels - a great time catching up with old friends that doesn't quite carry the story they deserve. The movie has some of the most gorgeous, fluid action and animation Pixar has ever put to screen, and just seeing Bob, Helen, Dash and Violet squabble is a wonderful throwback. But an undercooked villain and a lack of commentary on the level of the first harms it. Still a great fun summer movie.
Rated 18 Jun 2018
Solidly put together, even if it doesn't bring anything truly new to the ever present superhero genre. However, it's really funny, has some heart, balances its social commentary well; having a female main character in this day and age is always going to bring gender politics with it. Fun, inventive action, and I thought Screenslaver's introduction was quite good and menacing, and it's ultimately a decent (not great, not horrible) villain. A worthy sequel.
Rated 16 Jun 2018
Scripts do not get better than this. Once again Pixar sets the standard on what quality family entertainment should look like. Less derivative of old comics than the 1st film & full of surprises, starting with the decision to have most of the crimes handled by the visually most interesting character while giving the others plenty to resolve at home. The action scenes are composed for maximum visual impact (ohh that scene when Elastigirl is getting shocked!) & even the non-action scenes crackle.
Rated 24 Jul 2018
Despite them dropping a lot of thematic beats and it not topping the original it's still a fun and gorgeous flick with incredible set pieces, animation, and music. Main cons are the villain being predictable and seriously they dropped so much, like what did Bob's jealousy have to do with anything in the end
Rated 27 Nov 2018
Like the first movie, but with feminism this time!
Rated 16 Jun 2018
This was an excellent sequel, and one of Pixar's better ones at that. The villain in the first movie is better in my personal opinion. Screenslaver was still really cool though. I thought the fight scene with him and Elastigirl was great. The movie still delivers a great message or two about family and boasts some really excellent action and animation, which Pixar is still improving on somehow. For sure worth watching.
Rated 01 Jul 2018
Sequels are often hit or miss; creative bummers designed for the sole purpose of making a quick buck. Luckily, this long overdue sequel builds upon its predecessor's style and themes in such incredible fashion (no pun intended), it makes for what's undoubtedly the most entertaining movie so far this year. Despite a villain twist you can see coming a mile away and a somewhat underwhelming climax, this is a good time at the movies. Jack Jack will probably go down as the comic relief of the year.
Rated 04 Jul 2018
Refines the message of the original, which treated democratizing processes as precipitating a race to the lowest common denominator. In reaction to Objectivist readings of that message, Bird presents devotion to the welfare of others as a moral good. The villain, like Ayn Rand, resents the altruistic impulses of the supers as a self-important myth that impedes the self-sufficiency of others. While its social commentary is not as biting, I2 clarifies Bird's worldview as essentially humanist.
Rated 22 Jun 2018
El-ASS-tigirl
Rated 25 Jun 2018
For fans of the original like myself who have waited on pins and needles for 14 years, Incredibles 2 is a fantastic time at the movies. It brings back that unforgettable family dynamic while also commenting on many current topics such as parenting roles and the legitimacy of unjust laws. Its message can become convoluted in parts, and its villain is not nearly as remarkable as Syndrome, but it will entertain and delight every viewer nonetheless.
Rated 19 Jun 2018
Oh my god a Pixar movie not trying to make me cry.
Rated 19 Jun 2018
Not as good as the first movie, but did anyone really expect it to be? The story wasn't as interesting, the social commentary was lacking and the villain's motives were contrived and made no sense (and even a child could predict the reveal) but it still has the action, humor and family moments that made the original a classic. Overall a very good film.
Rated 15 Jun 2018
I was so pleasantly surprised by how much Incredibles 2 impressed me. The voice cast does a great job coming back after so long and the animation is definitely upped. Sometimes the story can seem unfocused in how much it wants to cover and some characters, namely Dash and Edna feel tacked on, but otherwise the story is cute, fun, and touching. Despite not being as good as the first, it's a very different film, and one that is definitely worth a watch this year.
Rated 27 Mar 2019
I don't remember the first one very well, but I do remember that the first one predated any Pixar movie that blew me away, and while it was entertaining, it has been bettered. This one pales in comparison to Pixar's best, but it's still a well developed movie put out by one of the best animation companies in the world. I can't complain when handed a perfectly servicable, action packed kids movie, but I do know that Pixar can do better than decent.
Rated 19 Jun 2018
Pixar's benefit is they can release a sequel fourteen years after the last one and make it feel like a natural next chapter rather than an unnecessary cash grab. This is that: an organic second act to a much older first one. You could play this directly after the first and you wouldn't notice the years in between them. Credit to Brad Bird on a lovely comeback.
Rated 04 Nov 2018
Incredibles 2 a success of a sequel that is a relevant as it is entertaining. The opening sequence draws you back into the world with a blend of nostalgia and action. The animation is what you expect from Pixar, though Dash and Violet seemed to have aged with the technology. The commentary present in the film requires more than a mini-review to dissect. While I do slightly prefer the 1st film, as it is more focused, this one lives up to the title (and the hype). The raccoon steals the show.
Rated 03 Jan 2019
Great fun, as expected. I was a bit worried that the film would be too pointedly feminist, with the stay-at-home Mr. Incredible, but it is balanced well. Those scenes are great, and the message is excellent that the one out "saving the world" is only made possible by the team-mate fulfilling family duty behind the scenes.
Rated 25 Jul 2018
14 years is a long time, and frankly I was worried - that, in opposition to the moral it alludes to, it was going to appeal to a superficial, base characterization of the stay-at-home Dad at his expense. But you know what's Incredible?: an entire sidebar of Bob stepping up to learn New Math with Dash. (See also: E babysitting Jack-Jack.) This sequel enhances the moral of the first film by showing that being Super is not a finite resource - done well, it's never at the diminishment of others.
Rated 14 Jul 2018
Great sequel with surprisingly good themes and plot, could have been a little more focused and dug a little deeper but that's just the high expectations we have for Pixar nowadays. Jack Jack steals every scene and him and Edna together were gold!
Rated 18 Aug 2018
Fun sequel. The bike and the raccoon scene were great. The rest was good, if you're a fan it was probably VERY good.
Rated 18 Nov 2018
The superhero politics thread feels a little tired and uninteresting, and the other main catch-the-villain plot is nothing special either (though Screenslaver's monologue about heroes and the people is a standout moment for both). Fortunately, the characters and humour are fabulous (awkward Violet is a delight-see her embarrassing mishap at the restaurant; the remarkable Jack-Jack is a riot-see his raccoon fight, inter-dimensional travel) and the animated action is excellent and thrilling.
Rated 02 Jan 2019
Dated in every way, from the "screens are bad" message to the stay-at-home dad trope to the visual style. The textures are in high definition, but that just gives it an uncanny creepiness. This was the best they could come up with in fourteen years? There was no heart, no stakes, and no creativity present in this outing. Disappointing.
Rated 08 Jul 2018
I didn't like the first movie at all (seems to be a controversial opinion), and had low expectations going into this one. It was actually quite good! Looks good, has a solid story, a nice cast, it's one of those rare cases where I think absolutely everyone who watches this movie will at least be entertained by it.
Rated 16 Nov 2018
I just don't get it. What is appealing about these movies? Sure, the animation's good, but it always is with Pixar. And yeah, there's some pretty awesome action sequences that are really well-directed, but that's not enough. A very formulaic, predictable story. I don't like any of the characters. Not funny, apart from some parts with the baby. No emotion. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but yeah, I don't like the Incredibles movies.
Rated 15 Jun 2018
All the parenting stuff with Mr. Incredible is perfect. Everything involving Jack-Jack is golden. Otherwise, this is running several leagues behind the first film (which is pretty much inevitable). A lot of the action feels kind of samey (other than the opening sequence and a dazzling train chase) and the conspiracy plot is pretty rote, leaving the actual superhero side of this movie a touch flat. Will still be the year’s best superhero film. Edit: Worked quite a bit better on viewing 2.
Rated 17 Jun 2018
While it might not feel as original as its predecessor, Incredibles 2 is a lovely movie that does a great job of balancing its superhero scenes and the parts that detail the familial life of its heroes. That balance is probably even better this time out; it doesn't completely shift one way in its second half. This is a funny, action-packed, and beautiful movie that both kids and adults can enjoy.
Rated 07 Aug 2018
Might not top the original, except for the far superior animation, but this film is still super enjoyable and entertaining to the very end. It flips stereotypes on its head (which is more relevant than ever) and does a great job of rounding out the character arcs. The now typical "Pixar" twist is a bit of a letdown but it's only a slight issue in terms of the overall film. Jack-Jack also steals every scene and is so fun to watch.
Rated 07 Aug 2018
I expected a little better, but still wildly entertaining.
Rated 12 Dec 2018
Frenetic sequel lacks the droll, domestic satiric touches of the first film, as well as feeling sadly rote and predictable, but still has its share of fun moments thanks to the voice cast; Odenkirk is especially good in a reprise (more or less) of Saul Goodman. Highlighted by the genuinely clever and funny confrontation between the baby and a vicious racoon!
Rated 31 Jan 2019
It's good, the story is good, Edna is great, so much fun and stretchy suits!
Rated 09 Jun 2018
It can be amusing and it can move forward the story, but it can't do both at the same time. This problem seemed to plague the first one much worse, whereas this sequel is a more confident, interesting, and entertaining superhero parody, with the right kind of references (namely its giddy '50s throwbacks). It's also nice to see a blockbuster film with colours that pop, compared to the live-action Disney trailers that played beforehand that looked so murky and watered down.
Rated 12 Feb 2019
A worthy sequel bogged down only by a lackluster villain. It's still entertaining and a lot of fun.
Rated 27 Sep 2018
A slight disappointment. "Incredibles 2" plays like a middling action flick, the only 'novelty' being it's a cartoon. It's not particularly funny, the story arc is unoriginal and rather predictable and the few attempts at more adult themes feel, possibly for the first time ever with Pixar, rather forced. Overall it's good for kids and anyone that can enjoy decent action over a basic story without asking for anything else but definitely below Pixar's standards.
Rated 10 Nov 2018
Certainly a pleasurable family/super hero movie, yet despite featuring the best scene involving a runaway train since Spiderman 2, it failed to impress me in the same way the original did. It didn't really add anything new to the world or characters, and not to mention that the villain's motivation was so muddled that the central conflict lacked the power it was going for. Definitely not terrible, but I still feel there was a lot of missed potential.
Rated 21 Oct 2018
just want elastigirl to choke me honestly.
Rated 25 Jun 2018
W4E2P1S1M1V2A1R2. Excellent kids movie, if not as transcendent as the original movie. This one focuses less on the emotional side of family and more on the zany-humor-in-child-rearing angle. Still just as successful in portraying real life through exaggerated superheroes, even if it is shallower.
Rated 24 Nov 2018
I am glad I am not longer in school, because I definitely would have written an essay linking Baudrillard's theory of the simulacra & simulation and the Screensaver. I would have then looked onto that essay five years later with a great shame.
Rated 13 Jul 2018
Incredibles 2 is a thoroughly enjoyable sequel that is well worth the 14 year wait. It's satisfying to see the story pick up where it left off so seamlessly. The dynamic of these loveable characters has changed with an interesting but borderline over aching focus and commentary on parenting and other topics. But there is a perfect measure of exciting action and varied comedy to entertain the whole family with Jack Jack in particular stealing every scene. Both me and my 4 year old son loved it.
Rated 13 Jul 2018
This moved along quickly and was entertaining enough that when I looked at my watch I realized there was about 20 minutes left. A lot of fun.
Rated 29 Jul 2018
Lacks real risk, and doesn't sufficiently resolve it's unhailed father complex, but happily jumped on the empowerment bandwagon. The most fun came with the development of the Jack-Jack character. It was good to see the reprisal of the Edna Mode character. Light-hearted romp lacking the smarts of the original, bizarrely 12 years its junior. +Points for the Bao short that opened the film.
Rated 24 Jun 2018
The visuals, action, and soundtrack are out of this world. 14 years of advances in the animation industry are all on display here: the world of the Incredibles looks better than ever. However, the villain is underwhelming, and the plot as a whole is far too much a rehash of the original.
Rated 25 Jun 2018
As sequels are prone to do, it lacked the originality of the first film, but the action, music, and animation are all great. The villain reveal was disappointing, as you could see it coming a mile away. Like the Parrs, I'm a parent of three and definitely enjoyed the parenting-related humor.
Rated 16 Jul 2018
A finale that doesn’t quite live up to the rest of the film and a 2D overly liner villain are all that keep this from being really very special. The family dynamic in the films quieter moments is arguably its finest asset; and that’s saying something when the animation, action and comedy are all of such a high standard. A very fine, long overdue sequel that kept both me and my 4 year old entertained in equal measure.
Rated 25 Nov 2018
Weak feminist propoganda.
Rated 01 Sep 2018
I enjoyed this, but even though Elastigirl's first mission was pretty ace, it doesn't top the original's most amazing action sequences. Also, I had a few gripes with it (the villain, the lame additional heroes), but the Parr family made it all good - if not quite incredible - fun.
Rated 26 Aug 2018
So as we know (and is clear beyond dispute) Pixar are capable of making sequels to their best movies, and making them as good as/better than the original. Wish they'd do it more often. I loved it but I gotta say if I could get to see just one single film like this where they don't do the painfully obvious "character appears good but is actually the bad guy" twist I'd be a happy man. I get that some stuff needs to happen for dramaturgy/plot reasons, but my god this formula is permient.
Rated 15 Jun 2018
Might just be the second, after "Toy Story 3", Pixar sequel that surpasses the original. Featuring even more exciting set pieces and a story even more full of surprises than the first one.
Rated 27 Jul 2018
Well made entertaining family film.
Rated 23 Jul 2018
This movie works because, in the era of the empty, flat spectacle of tentpole franchises, it tries so much. It actually engages the politics of law enforcement and accountability, law and ethics, and the effects of moneyed influence. Add to this some commentary on gendered domesticity and family life, along with the usual Pixar charm and action scenes that make perfect use of all the elements, and you've got a complex and fresh take on the superhero genre.
Rated 05 Nov 2018
Stupid babies need the most attention
Rated 22 Nov 2019
Besides the villain being obvious from the get go, this was still a good movie. I don't remember laughing, like at all, which is unusual for a Pixar film. Watching this with headphones on was sometimes a chore as I had to listen to Holly Hunter chew gravel while she talked for 90 minutes.
Rated 10 Jul 2018
It took Pixar an astonishingly long time to release this sequel, but it really delivered in what is a fun, action-packed film
Rated 14 Mar 2019
As far as animated films go this one has cool visuals but I feel it lacked in story. It was yet another superhero film that debated the legality and morality of superheroes and their superpowers within society. It does not really became anything groundbreaking or even that refreshing and that hurts a sequel that fans waited a long time for.
Rated 03 Feb 2019
While Incredibles 2 is much like the original in structure and presentation, fortunately there is still a lot to like. It's another good family film with a lot of humor, interesting characters, and solid action. The problem is that the themes presented in this film are not nearly as fleshed-out or clever as they were in the original and this is reflected by the much weaker villain. It's a decent successor to the original but does not surpass it.
Rated 29 Jun 2018
It was okay. Jack Jack was funny and Frozone actually had more to do, which was nice. But the main plot felt undercooked, especially in that Elastigirl's character had no room to grow.
Rated 08 Dec 2018
Suffers most from its weak, generic villain. The fact that the teenage girl sounds like constipated 40-year-old with a lisp doesn't help matters, either. And for a Pixar movie this one features a looooot of Dreamworks faces. At least it looks neat most of the time and the action scenes are fun.
Rated 21 Jan 2019
This was a really generic movie, despite having such great characters in the original - they literally had no original ideas to bring to the table to make an interesting story.
Rated 07 Sep 2018
how good and pioneer the first one was
Rated 23 Feb 2019
Ultimately forgettable, but still decently fun. It's tough to shake the feeling that Bird was forced to make it, and make it quickly, because it doesn't have the care, detail, or maturity of the first. Also, after Bird probably lost revenue with TOMORROWLAND, I can't blame him for slinking back into this and doing what he could with the limited time they gave him. Altogether, it's really just a kids' movie, but not one of the really great ones.
Rated 01 Jan 2019
Worthy followup if nothing spectacular.
Rated 23 Jul 2018
Falls way short of the first Incredibles and most of Pixar’s other work, and feels unnecessary thematically. However, it’s very entertaining as an animated action film, and maturely funny. Just emotionally hollow.
Rated 19 Jun 2018
Matches the action of the first but slightly surpasses the first with humor and character development.
Rated 04 Feb 2019
Was it just me or did Winston Deavor look kinda like an older Zuckerberg? Bugged me the entire time. Anyway this is a good popcorn sequel, but it does lack some of the oomph of the first film. In particular, while the social commentary isn't unwanted, the antagonist is weak and lacks the compelling moral conflict of Syndrome. In terms of Hollywood sequels though, Pixar is still far ahead of the pack.
Rated 27 Oct 2018
Well that was disappointing.
Rated 05 Aug 2018
My favorite thing in this movie is Violet Parr, the teenaged daughter in the Incredibles family, and her dealing with identity issues related to two mutations: her super powers and her adolescence. It’s a cute, fun movie. But those last twenty minutes are a bear for me to get through! Can we get instead a twenty-minute café scene where Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible have lunch and talk about the college literature class where they first met?
Rated 27 Jan 2019
Looks good, even great at times, and some scenes are pretty witty, but it's not really original enough anymore.
Rated 26 Jun 2018
It was ok. Not worth the wait.
Rated 15 Jun 2018
Picks up where the first left off, builds good psychology around the cost and benefit of superheroes as did the first. The villain- I could spot the villain early on, and I don't think the villain's actions and end-goal always make sense together, so it loses a little for that. All personalities are on point, the voice acting and visuals are sharp. Humor's a little thinner than the first one but it has a few moments. Overall, very good sequel, falls a little short of the first.
Rated 21 Jan 2019
very good first half, but started losing my attention in the second half
Rated 21 Jun 2018
I liked this more than the first - there was a lot more action and the film moved at a much more brisk pace. The villain's motivation and plan was moronic, but the concept they played with her was clever and lead to some cool scenes. The writing is as puerile as you'd expect from a Pixar movie, but it still possesses a lot of personality and is overall decent watch.
Rated 14 Nov 2018
The sequel doesn't handle the family drama portion nearly as well as its predecessor, but still manages to deliver a fun and stylish superhero flick in a way that only Pixar can.
Rated 15 Jul 2018
B+
Rated 17 Jun 2018
First film in a long time that's lived up to the hype. Definitely worth the wait.
Rated 18 Jun 2018
I don't have the built-in love for this property that others have, but in saying that, this was really fun! It's a well-balanced (like Dash's breakfast) superhero movie that's funny, smart, has some snippets of social commentary, and is supremely animated and voice acted. There are some complicated gender politics questions that can be asked here (though not intentionally being asked by the movie itself). It does feel like Dash (and even Violet) are just kinda there, but it lived up to the hype!
Rated 06 Mar 2019
Good, but not great. It certainly felt like it ran long, but it was still a ton of fun. It just didn't do enough differently from the first film.
Rated 20 Feb 2019
Average... not great. Incredibles more like OKs.
Rated 17 Feb 2019
Its good but I saw several ideas from other movies.
Rated 17 Jul 2018
Wish it was a whole jack-jack movie lol. And the kids in school. The end was the only consistently good part
Rated 13 Aug 2018
Looks great and it was nice to see the characters again but was otherwise disappointingly slight. Feels like the sort of victory lap sequel that gets rushed out a year after the original so it's weird seeing it now. Contractual obligations I guess.
Rated 14 Jan 2019
The "mystery" villain and their plan/motivation alone drag this quite a bit below the greatness of the original movie, but still an overall entertaining and mostly quite fun watch.
Rated 26 Dec 2018
What a delightfully surprising sequel. Taking the less trodden path of picking up relatively immediately after the first movie ended, '2' could be played back to back with '1' and the highest compliment I can give is that it easily matches the quality of the first.
Rated 02 Jul 2018
Almost matches the first one. I was worried that I would get sick of Jack-Jack in this one, but he was a highlight. Also really builds on the first, starting exactly where the last one ended. Definitely worth re-watching the first one right before seeing this.
Rated 21 Jun 2018
Hardly packed with surprises, but still a solid action film with genuinely touching family moments.
Rated 14 Nov 2018
Blaring trumpets throughout annoy me. Manic 'fun'.
Rated 22 Jun 2018
A disappointment by Pixar and Brad Bird standards, but much better than Finding Dory hoped to be. Opens a lot of doors, but closes very few. I wish they did so much more with Screenslaver and the general themes. Instead it's just a simple movie with simple setups and simpler resolutions.
Rated 21 Jun 2018
I think at least as good as the first, maybe better. Shades of Batman TAS, Frankie Coppola, and Jerry Lewis. RIP Rise of the Underminer (2005-2018).
Rated 31 Oct 2018
Well, as expected, not as good as the first. I just did not have the same fuzzy feelings watching this one. It was enjoyable but not amazing. Had its good moments.
Rated 08 Jul 2018
brad bird, whass good?!
Rated 30 Jul 2018
The first film deconstructed what this film is: popcorn fun. And while it most definitely is not better than the first, the action is a lot more refined and exciting to watch. Take the first for its story and this for its action.
Rated 28 Jan 2019
Lembra que eu disse que o primeiro Incríveis envelhecera mal em questões de gênero? Brad Bird também notou isso e construiu essa sequência exatamente a sanar todos os problemas do primeiro e é basicamente brilhante a forma que faz isso. Cinema.
Rated 28 Sep 2018
It has been a while since I saw Incredibles 2 but what I do recall is the hilarious toddler who seems to have all kinds of superpowers and his epic fights with a racoon. The other thing that I recall is a brilliant part by Bob Odenkirk who plays a character that actually looks like Bob in real life (or Better Call Saul). The movie also has a modern touch to it with talks of feminism and the Dad managing the kids. All in all, a fun movie to watch.
Rated 23 Oct 2018
Inredibles 2, Pixar'ın kendini sürekli geliştirdiğinin ve mükemmeliyetinin kanıtı. Görsel efektlerde zirve, renk ve kontrastlar o kadar güzel ki sanki birkaç sene sonra gerçek oyunculara ihtiyaç kalmayacakmış gibi bir hissiyat veriyor.
Rated 08 Jan 2019
A step down from a high place.
Rated 23 Nov 2018
The movie is quite fun, it has that corny superhero vibe, the animation and art design look awesome, and the characters are still the best part. However, the story didn't have that same magic. Many of the story beats are very predictable, I pegged the villain within 5 min of them appearing and they don't have the charisma that Syndrome did. That being said it's definitely worth seeing.
Rated 30 Dec 2018
Hem kızım hem eşim hem de ben birlikte izleyip iyi kötü eğlenceli vakit geçirebiliyoruz. Başka ne istenir :)
Rated 05 Feb 2019
For me The Incredibles is lower level Pixar, and the same goes for the Sequel. Decent entertainment, charming with a few chuckles, but nothing more. Jack-Jack is the obvious highlight.
Rated 05 Feb 2019
This is a fun sequel and fans of the first film should also enjoy this one. There are a number of funny scenes and moments and the voice cast all do good work here. My favorite character this time around was the baby. Overall I would recommend this film.
Rated 13 Jul 2018
INCREDIBLES 2 gives you precisely what you would expect to a degree that's only disappointing compared to Pixar's typically high standard. It is surprisingly formulaic, mostly reshaping the beats of the original while foregrounding a couple of previously overlooked characters. Among movies in general, however, it's a terrific action romp with madcap cartoon humor and a sheen of retro cool.