Amazon Video

2001
A psychoanalyst and his family go through profound emotional trauma when their son dies in a scuba diving accident. (imdb)

2001

Rated 28 May 2009
Touching movie about sorrow. Director contrasts big feelings with very ascetic shooting. Unfortunately the choise of less burst of emotions also works against the story.
Rated 24 Jul 2007
Temmuz 07 - atrium dvd kiralama
Rated 31 Oct 2007
I absolutely hated how manipulative this film was, and all for a pretty stupid lesson and uninteresting plot.
Rated 27 Feb 2008
ger; [Das Zimmer meines Sohnes]; durch den todesfall des sohnes kommt das ganze leben der familie ins schwanken, es bleibt sein zimmer
Rated 19 Jun 2010
A small film about great grief, "The Son's Room" shows us how a family whose son has died from drowning move from sorrow to acceptance, and it shows us this--not through great melodramatic scenes--but through the little events of life. Low key, and yet moving.
Rated 07 Apr 2011
"More maudlin than sharp." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 17 May 2011
The Son's Room is a moving and contemplative study of grief.
Rated 13 Mar 2013
If you like a humanist (psychoanalyst) point of view, this is your movie. Life is boring for the Italian bourgeoisie, yet it's not. Jasmine Trinca especially good in small but significant part of Moretti's daughter.
Rated 03 Dec 2014
It excellent first establishes the status quo of a loving relatable family first, so when the tragedy strikes it hits the viewer as hard as the family. After that it deals with grief over losing a family member in a sincere and realistic way.
Rated 21 Feb 2016
Star Rating: ★★
Rated 03 Jun 2020
how is it you can live normally and still consider killing yourself?
Rated 09 Mar 2021
O Quarto do Filho estreava há 20 anos na Itália. As fases do luto para um psicanalista, acho que o que mais gostei aqui foi a exemplificação do pensamentos obsessivos no desenrolar do luto, toda a trajetória que é bem comum na neurose obsessiva é um aspecto habitual no luto de qualquer tipo de neurótico e não apenas no obsessivo, eternamente refazendo o que deveria ser mudado. https://letterboxd.com/ladyspiggott/film/the-sons-room/
Rated 02 Sep 2022
Baba, psikolog, aile, çekirdek aile, oğlun ölümü SPOILER dram, baş ağrıtan türden ama hikaye çok yavaş ilerliyor. Adam bir gün oğluyla yürüyüş yapmaya karar vermişken bir danışanı arar ve onun yanına gider. Oğlu ise arkadaşlarıyla dalış yapmaya ve oğlu orada ölür. Adam ya oraya gitmeseydim diye sorgulamaya başlar.
Rated 09 Sep 2022
not a good palm d'or winner
Rated 22 Mar 2024
This just killed me. Such a gentle, tender, elegant, subtly heartbreaking meditation on grief, despair, trauma, specially regarding family situations -- which are always universally painful. Got me thinking about so many things in my life, like when my mom nearly died five years ago and I found myself wandering around like a fucking ghost. Dad bursting into tears during a session, recreating scenarios where he "saves" his son, mom, dad and daughter walking at the beach in the end. Brilliant.