2009
Romance
When Edward leaves Bella, her whole world is turned upside down. With Bella's heart broken, she turns to Jacob, her best friend to fill the void that was left by Edward. As Bella spends more time with Jake, she learns that there's more than vampires in the town of Forks. (imdb)

2009
Romance

Rated 23 Jan 2010
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. You'd assume after the commercial success of "Twilight" that it's first sequel would be bigger, better, and at the very least an averagely entertaining film. You'd be wrong. "New Moon" has all of the same issues as "Twilight", only to a much more severe degree. Kristen Stewart's performance is so bad it's embarrassing to watch, and the rest of the cast do no better. The only reason I give this a 10 is because a Thom Yorke song is featured in it. Great song, too.
Rated 20 Nov 2009
When the Glittery Lovepires leave Forks, the Shirtless Werehunks take control. Oh and Bella mopes around a lot. Then they go to Italy! I don't think I ever felt connected to what was going on in this film, at least there was more action this time. Oh, and boo on the CG wolves they were very poorly done.
Rated 24 Nov 2009
While the plot is as equally stupid as the first film, in fact it's arguably more dumb but that's like comparing rotten apples and sour oranges. However stylistically this movie is far better. The action scenes are shot with moderate competence and there is some clever camera work. Still it can't save the movie from being idiotic garbage. Jacob is now allergic to shirts apparently and Bella is relentlessly attracted to men that could snap and kill her at any moment. Fantastic. RiffTrax is great.
Rated 02 Dec 2009
Some weird wish fulfillment going on here. Bella is a blank slate upon which select females project themselves, in a world where violent, brooding monsters are the only alternative to the fey, ineffectual masculinity otherwise filling the void. The last few minutes are the hilarious best, in which Bella asks for her democratic election into the cult and the film decides, hey, maybe this subtext is too subtle (oh, and it's not), and outs itself as a vampire-filled ode to abstinence until marriage
Rated 23 Nov 2009
Twilight seems to be the eighth world wonder! It's beyond my imagination how anyone could say that this portion bullshit is big cinema. It's the "Near Dark" Version for 12 year old Hannah Montana Kiddies on their next step to"being hip". F*** off Edward Cullen, and the rest of his little rascals. Furthermore Twilight got nothing to do with the awesome "vampire-cult" of other high class genre contributions. Just scorch...
Rated 30 May 2010
Vampires can appear like ghostly Obi Wan Kenobi to warn their "mate" about danger.. yet nothing ever significant happens. Werewolves spend their time in a circlejerk leaping into the sea to gain street cred. The LA fitness toned teenage boys all want to get into Bella's pants and ruthlessly cockblock each other. None the more tragic than the native american third wheel who's cockteased as a walking shoulder to cry on. The cinematography is adequate. CGi was a glistening turd. Acting..absurd.
Rated 27 Aug 2010
Without the series maintaining a cult following, the second installment of the Twilight saga would have went straight to DVD. The installment comes in a melodramatic and slow paced package with bad acting thrown in. New Moon may have satisfied fans but any outsider will onlybe able to appreciate the scenery and Taylor Lautner's abs.
Rated 28 Nov 2009
Sorry I cannot find proper words for this...thing. Something like rubbish sequel to rubbish beginning(which leastwise did exceed expectations). Only worthy thing of this "film" were Aro&company at the end(chick with pain power looked decent). Otherwise slow dialogs and boredom.
Rated 22 Sep 2012
I really wanna see a Twilight reenactment of the final scene from There Will Be Blood. Edward would have an out pouring of actual emotion yelling "DRAINAGE" at Bella as he is explaining how he sucked the blood out of Anna Kendrick cause she was on her period and he could smell the blood. Then he would drink Bella's "milkshake" and beat her to death with a bowling pin. Special thanks to RiffTrax for making this watchable.
Rated 20 Nov 2009
Not the god awful mess I expected, but still a convoluted movie that is wrapped in faux-emotion and reliant on Deus Ex Machina. 60% for the movie, 5% for the scene where Dakota Fanning tortures Robert Pattinson with her mind. I don't care how much this movie sucks, that was quite possibly the happiest moment of my life.
Rated 09 Jan 2011
This only gets a 2 because it's technically a film, but as we all know (and if you don't know, you're probably dumb), Twilight is the most horrible and almost inexplicably successful franchise ever to inflict itself upon the human race. It's like someone farted in a jar and keeps releasing a little more of it every year or so. Anyway, this film is so wrapped up in being marketable, self-absorbed, melodramatic shit that it causes nothing but the deepest rage and disgust in me. Everything sucks.
Rated 23 Nov 2009
Lo and behold, along comes another Twilight film. This next endeavour into possibly the dullest "saga" of all time (I'm not sure whoever decided to call this a saga actually looked up the definition of the word saga but there's a different problem altogether) is probably the dullest installment in said saga. From beginning to end, nothing happens.
Rated 07 Dec 2009
This was quite possibly the worst piece of amateur film making I have ever seen. This movie is completely devoid of plot and the dialogue is as sophisticated as a toilet seat.
Rated 20 Nov 2009
Seems to me that they sticked closer to the book in this movie and hence the outcome is not as bad as Twilight. And probably becouse this had less Edward in it than Twilight. But again it is nowhere near decent. I still think they are ruining the potential of the books.
Rated 25 Nov 2009
A vampire movie sprinkled with pop songs, long and slow and slack. Whatever may be the attributes that make this franchise a "phenomenon," they seem to ensure that it will also have a significant silly factor. Stewart, who looks to my eye a little different, as if possibly she spent summer vacation getting an advanced degree at cosmetology school, makes something palpable of the adolescent tragedy of rejection, quite an achievement in the circumstances.
Rated 10 Jul 2012
The Twilight Saga's second installment may satisfy hardcore fans of the series, but outsiders are likely to be turned off by its slow pace, relentlessly downcast tone, and excessive length.
Rated 27 Nov 2009
Kristen Stewart doesn't really do facial expressions, does she?
Rated 03 Sep 2014
New Moon. He's a werewolf. I just got that.
Rated 26 Jul 2010
Lamentations, 1:20 Behold, o Lord; for I am in distress: my bowels are troubled; mine heart is turned within me; 1:13 From above hath he sent fire into my bones, and it prevaileth against them: he hath spread a net for my feet, he hath turned me back: he hath made me desolate and faint all the day; 3:4 My flesh and my skin hath he made old; he hath broken my bones; 3:14 I was a derision to all my people; 3:16 He hath also broken my teeth with gravel stones, he hath covered me with ashes.
Rated 06 Dec 2009
If you expect a good chick flick with high emotions and good romance - you'll be disappointed. Wooden acting, bad editing, wrong music for wrong occasions, and I don't see it stylistically advanced in comparison to the first one. The worst are the CGI sixpacks, sometimes they are there and sometimes they don't seem to even exist anymore... Weird... I don't expect the third to become better... but we will see in summer 2010.
Rated 16 Dec 2009
Who is hurting Bella and Edward when they talk? Those facial expressions are awful
Rated 09 Feb 2010
Coma session
Rated 13 Feb 2010
Some might have enjoyed the topless dudes, so I'll give them that, but that aside: Absolute sh*t.
Rated 17 Mar 2010
I hope this is the worst movie in the Twilight series because I can't watch more of this crap. The movie has been dragged so long that they make you forget the plot itself.
Rated 15 Mar 2016
Sunday afternoon. Everyone in the house is hung-over. The nice kind of hung-over, when you lie down on a couch, smoke a joint and just relax. Because that's what Sundays are for. Someone has enough energy to put a random DVD on. Oh, it's some Twilight movie. Time passes with occasional giggles and when the end credits starts rolling somebody says "Well, we just didn't waste three hours of our lives". We are sarcastic kind of people. I think all of us secretly had a good time.
Rated 24 Mar 2010
I don't care what expectations you have, it's worse than you thought.
Rated 01 Apr 2010
The only way this series can redeem itself is if subsequent films are mostly comprised of hardcore sex scenes featuring Alice, but I'm not holding my breath.
Rated 03 Apr 2010
This movie was awful. Some of the worst writing and story ever. At some point it was painful to watch. Kristen Stewart acting was just the worst. This movie felt like the longest 2hours ever.
Rated 09 Apr 2010
Marginally less loathsome than the first installment, thanks to a few more "action" scenes. For the majority of the film nothing continues to happen and Belle's behavior is still nonsensical, clingy, and infuriatingly indecisive. Can't anyone just complete a damn sentence?
Rated 12 Apr 2010
I just do not get the appeal. Actually I do, its the hot guys, other than that there is just nothing of value to be found. I was in awe of how bad the writing is especially at the start. There is just not enough material to spread across a two hour running time. Slightly more bearable than the first but what type of compliment is that?
Rated 12 Apr 2010
To all the ladies out there: if you think this movie is romantic or good in any way, we can't ever be together. That's just how it is.
Rated 28 May 2010
Actually a bit worse than Twilight. The blue camera filter is gone, but Bella in this film may be the most bland, dour, humorless film protagonist of all time. She simply has no appealing characteristics as a human being. And as much as I hate to set my foot in the Team Edward / Team Jacob waters, I have to admit that she's less repellent around Jacob than she is around Edward. The entire third act could have been avoided with a single cell phone call and the CGI werewolves look like shit.
Rated 19 Jan 2013
Extremely dumb without going off the rails or managing to be interesting at all.
Rated 24 Nov 2009
my tale of this movie is about the same as others chris weitz surprised me on how well he made the movie look and feel but then settles in the annoying script there was little involvement for the vampires and werewolves main focus? Bella's annoying persona the best part is the last 30 minutes full of build up not expansion in the end myself i would like to see this series go far because i have a lot of love for vampire films but indeed this is not one and i blame it on the novels misdirection.
Rated 26 May 2012
A Vast-Vast Improvement on its predecessor-in terms of makeup (look at their eyes!), costumes (Finally, the lead pair is NOT wearing the same shirt in half the movie), acting (okay, there wasn't any improvement here-but hey, kristen anyway looks depressed all the time and here she is actually expected to look depressed-miracle of miracles!) and finally, a movie that presents the Glorious Male Body as a sexual object-yummmm, give me some more shots of those 6 packs in the rain :D
Rated 09 Mar 2014
One of the most inept films ever made. It demands to be mocked so avidly I won't even give it that.
Rated 27 Nov 2009
What a long boring film. I enjoyed the first film but this one I found was a bore from egging to end. The acting was sooo bad. Overal a boring film.
Rated 28 Nov 2009
Too bad, really. Movie had the opportunity to be at least decent; I mean it in a way that Potter as well had it and took it. The producers have, instead of being thankful for all the hype and saying 'We should really do a good movie, let's get a good director etc; and money should be no problem to us,people will go see it, and we'll get the money back', said 'Let's make a crap movie, people will still go see it and we'll make loads of money!'. Liked Aro though =)
Rated 28 Nov 2009
I love you, I love you 2, I'm never going to leave you, woops too bad I'm leaving you, I always loved you, a wherewolf loves me, ... Only the last 15 minutes were a bit exciting, everything else was just a boring chick flick. Where the first film was mysterious and exciting, this one was dull and boring. Great visuals, but that doesn't make up for the godawful story.
Rated 01 Dec 2011
Haters gonna hate. 70 points for Jacob's abs.
Rated 28 Nov 2009
A shiny, glossy pile of dreck. If you're a twelve year old girl who hates character development and loves atrocious dialogue, you might enjoy this.
Rated 16 Sep 2010
Was no where near as good as the first, as was far to long and started to lose interest, hopefully the third will be better.
Rated 30 Nov 2009
Look, I like the Twilight books. New Moon isn't as good a movie as it is a book. The contrivance of e-mails to Alice in place of Bella's narration is awkward, and the depiction of Bella's missing months isn't as moving as the blank pages in the book. Despite the fact that I am an adult, I wept the first time I read New Moon, remembering how it felt to be dumped as a teenager. The movie lacks that emotional power. Also, there is way too much music, particularly given Bella's distaste for it.
Rated 02 Nov 2020
A marked improvement over the last—there's a plot with discernable beats! "New Moon" is still a baffling disaster of a film, but this time I can actually comprehend that it was made, that effort was expended on it, that a few teenagers might have enjoyed it when it came out. And say what you will about it (it's creepy, it's alien, it lacks any reason and logic, it's manipulative and unhealthy) but Bella and Edward undeniably have something resembling chemistry.
Rated 09 Dec 2012
Feels like I've shot me in the leg watching this. I know I'm far away from its target audience but you know putting at least some sense into a movie wouldn't hurt one would think. A movie can contain ideas, meanings, things, anything? And if you believe human faces show emotions easily I dare you to find two different in Miss Stewart's face. Compared to her Moai look like a lively bunch of chaps. The only points it gets is for music and camerawork.
Rated 09 Apr 2012
I've shat out turds more exquisite than this.
Rated 02 Dec 2009
As surprisingly satisfactory as I found "Twilight" to be, I expected this expensive sequel to deliver a faster-paced and more technically impressive experience. The studio should dig up Catherine Hardwicke. At least her romance had some passion. 'New Moon' is a 130-minute bore of massive proportions. So little happens, and the dialogue and much of the plot developments are excruciatingly painful. Hardwicke made the sap-crap watchable. Chris Weitz simply hits the gag-reflex.
Rated 26 Sep 2010
twenty minutes before my mind vomited... I don't know what kind of world we are living in where this is considered a finished movie. Sad to say, but the 1st Twilight installment might have been the best in the series. I want my 20 minutes back.
Rated 30 Nov 2012
Mopey, draggy, and absurdly self-important, the movie nonetheless twangs at some resonant affective chord. This viewer, at least, was catapulted back to that moment of adolescence when being mopey, draggy, and absurdly self-important felt like a passionate act of liberation.
Rated 17 Dec 2009
so boring and losers were crying in the cinema over it ahhhhh
Rated 30 Aug 2010
nice music...
Rated 27 Dec 2009
I have to say that though the story and output were way out of my league, I enjoyed part of the flick. There was interesting though underdeveloped themes about racism, angry management, aging and adrenaline junkyness. The script was extemely bad (worser than the first one), but I liked the red haired chase and part of the Italy fight. Michael Sheen indeed was the only successful actor. Well okay I admit, I still liked Kristen Stewart as well.
Rated 28 Dec 2009
Ima barely give it a pass on my ranking scale, for this reason. It's a convoluted, utterly ridiculous, choppy, full-of-holes, bullshit concept, with cliche-dripping, equally-ridiculous, co-dependent emo kids, but at least it has the potential to entertain on the lowest common denominator. There were points, sadly, where I got somewhat sucked into what was going on. Enough at least to make me shell out to see the next one. And let's not kid ourselves, that's all that this "saga" is shooting for.
Rated 08 Jun 2020
At least the first one had a plot, this is a collection of bad love triangle dialogue and a couple goofy action scenes.. Why am I even writing about these.....
Rated 09 Nov 2012
Slightly better than the first one -- you know, the CGI has improved just a little bit --, but still the same teen dilemma over chastity and virginity, ended with an puritan and old-fashioned marriage proposal. They finally made it: a vampire saga that simply doesn't play like a vampire saga. Take away the red eyes and the pale faces, and you have a pretty freaking naive girls-just-wanna-have-sex/boys-wanna-wait-for-the-right-time coming of age film.
Rated 30 Dec 2009
EDWARD I WANT TO COME. NO BELLA, YOU CAN'T COME. EVER. BECAUSE I WAS WRITTEN BY A MORMON WEIRDO.
Rated 25 Aug 2011
Long, drawn out and monotonous.
Rated 18 Oct 2010
They've managed to screw up the screw-up.. congrats..
Rated 03 Jan 2010
This sequel, has only a few flashes of good cinema. But most of the movie is annoying and very silly, just pleases the young audience that is huge fan.
Rated 07 Jan 2010
just terrible
Rated 15 Mar 2019
This is my ultimate fantasy. Shirtless boys running around, glittery mysterious vampires, frowning away, emotionless girl being wanted by everyone. It's just too sexy, I can't help myself but drool and love this.
Rated 25 Jan 2010
Utter garbage.
Rated 12 Jun 2012
Take the awkwardness of Twilight and ramp it up. Not thinking such a thing was possible, New Moon outshone Twilight in every conceivable way. To which I mean, it is worse in every possible category (though I shouldn't have been surprised as this is a worse book than Twilight). And like the Twilight book to movie translation, they shorten and condense a lot of plot points to the point where I wonder why they even filmed them to begin with. Where you could riff on Twilight, New Moon is just sad.
Rated 31 Jan 2010
Shit.
Rated 02 Feb 2010
wasted time
Rated 31 Oct 2021
i came with a degree in cringe, but i left with a docterate in not only cringe but also misunderstanding. this proves that the sequels get even better and i cant wait to watch part 3
Rated 09 Feb 2012
Not quite as good as the first. It's obviously aimed at a certain audience, but I still enjoyed it even though I'm not a part of that target demographic. A lot more melodramatic then the first, and there are a lot of shots with shirtless werewolves which are a bit exploitative. Not a lot really happens in the movie, but it creates a nice atmosphere. There were a few awkward moments with Kristen Stewart. It has a lot of talented actors, but it fails to utilize them. A lot of wasted potential.
Rated 24 May 2011
Pale, brooding men who wear glitter on their face and dark skinned (also brooding) hunkcicles with biceps bigger than New Jersey--that is why teenage girls like this. The warewolf design is uninspired and boring, and the whole premise of the movie is that Bella feels like she can't live her sad little life without some mutant of a boyfriend, what a message.
Rated 14 Mar 2010
I had no expectations for this movie, especially after being extremely disappointed by the first part. Probably the reason why this scores over the first part. One good thing about it is that they are maintaining the quality of the series being a piece of junk. In my opinion the entire series could have been really well made.
Rated 22 Mar 2010
An insult to all and anyone that is, and all that has been.
Rated 28 Sep 2012
Not even laughablly bad. Nothing happens for the first half and nothing I are about happens in the second half. Acting is abysmal. Effects are abysmal. Everything is abysmal.
Rated 15 Oct 2010
Right, I personally loathe this storyline. But that soundtrack! And the general moodiness of this film. Sometimes, I just watch it and ignore all the vampire nonsense.
Rated 24 Mar 2010
The worst couple of all times is back with new adventures! More terrible actors, more boring plot, more shirtless Indians, more stupid ending! What else can you wish for? In all seriousness, though, it's a terrible movie. I would have rated this a bit higher as there were, I admit, a few parts where I almost liked it, but the immense suffering I went through during most of the scenes completely kills it. I'm not a vampire, but this movie scarred me for all eternity.
Rated 23 Jul 2010
New Moon is all over the place. And that is the major problem with this film. It tries to be too much at the same time and succeeds at nothing. If you thought the love story in Twilight was bizarrely fleshed out, New moon is worse. The love story never looks so epic as the filmmakers want us to believe. Kristen Stewart looks tired in every frame. Rob Pattinson sleepwalks through most of his scenes. And Taylor Lautner looks disinterested, and why shouldn't he? He knows he can't win the girl.
Rated 27 Mar 2010
Another 2+ hour exposition of inaction. The most offensive part of the movie is that it so insistently expects us to sympathize with a protagonist who is selfish, whiny, and altogether uninteresting. It lacks any semblance of story structure and spends more time focusing on men's torsos than character development.
Rated 28 Mar 2010
At least it had a good soundtrack.
Rated 03 Dec 2011
Do we really need the subplots in these films? I'd be content if everything else was removed and the romantic triangle in the centre was the only thing left. Its the aspect that fans are watching this for, and the reason why I've given this and the prequel good scores, which for its moments of awkward acting is engaging and, despite criticisms, trying to be an interesting take on adolescent love. Shame the director abandoned the misty atmosphere of the original and shot the film blandly though.
Rated 28 Aug 2014
I enjoyed the first one, and so was surprised at the hate this series gets, but having watched this one it all becomes clear. Just 15 minutes in it dawned on me "They've changed the director, haven't they?" And they had. It's deeply confused, horribly awkward, and has a bizarre shift in tone in the final act. Poor Kristen Stewart is incapable of leading the film and appears utterly lost, the script is awful - with large chunks of confusing voice over throughout, I found myself loathing it all.
Rated 10 Apr 2010
Halfway though the movie I considered getting up and leaving but I was blocked in the row. Don't see it the movie is terrible.
Rated 16 Apr 2010
Shoot me for watching this film, I don't know why I let anyone talk me into seeing it, I felt dirty afterwards, it really was as awful as people say. A week later I saw Daybreakers where Vampires explode not sparkle.
Rated 24 Apr 2010
props twilight, you have out done yourself this time. 2 hrs and 30 mins later i still wanted to kill myself.
Rated 24 Apr 2010
Excruciatingly long and painful, unfortunately feels far more generic and studio produced than its hilarious and endearingly awful predecessor. Still has this certain strangeness and unabashed lameness that makes it extremely watchable to me. Dakota Fanning fucking RULED though but then again sadistic, evil little girls are a weakness of mine.
Rated 27 Apr 2010
I watched this for the first time with a Rifftrax and by the end I still felt like my head was going to explode from the awful.
Rated 27 Apr 2010
It's compelling by virtue of its horrendous morals. Meyer's ideas are batshit insane, but at least a couple of the production team are aware of this - notably, Robert Pattinson. Unfortunately he's barely in this, so the ironic-enjoyment factor is severely lessened. I also laughed at the fact that the cliffhanger of the film is Edward asking Bella to marry her - is Bella REALLY scared of that idea? Becoming a vampire and living forever = cool, getting married = can't commit?
Rated 28 Apr 2010
Could it have gone any worse? It did. +30 rifftrax.
Rated 07 May 2010
i dont even know why but i actually like this movie. the soundtrack is amazing.
Rated 12 Jan 2012
It's pretty much all been said before. Poorly written, poorly acted... Kristen Stewart really is terrible. She never conveys any semblance of realistic, genuine emotion. The only actor I thought was any good was Dakota Fanning, and she was barely in it. I don't have much to say other than it wasn't a good film. Oh gods, and the ending? I literally burst out laughing. It was that bad.
Rated 22 May 2010
I simply couldn't take more than 20 minutes of this. Ugh. Just like OMGFridge I simply do _not_ get the appeal of this trash.
Rated 10 Jun 2010
Emo chick sighs her way through a prolonged soap opera episode. If this wasn't written by a masturbating woman, I'll be thoroughly surprised.
Rated 10 Apr 2015
For about half an hour, when it's about a woman trying to move on from a bad relationship via the art of motorcycle repair, it briefly becomes recognizably human and actually almost good. But the rest of the time it's really quite bad - the entire section in Italy is really quite alarmingly poorly done. Of special note is the editing, which collapses in the final half like the editor was sick of the stupid thing and didn't want to see another frame, even though it was beautifully edited before.
Rated 15 Jul 2012
He left, she cried, tried to kill herself, he came back, almost left, 2nd he fell in love, she fell in love, he turned to something fluffy. Poor dialogues, poor acting, not worth watching again.
Rated 02 Jul 2010
The first part of the sage was acceptable. But this movie had nothing interesting to offer. Even my girlffriend, who is a huge fan of the books, didn't like it at all. If you can't please your fans, you don't deserve the points.
Rated 19 Jul 2010
Wondering what the fuzz was about I was prepared for the shittiest chick flick ever, so quite a surprise that i could watch it to the end.
Rated 19 Nov 2009
thanks Chris Weitz
Rated 05 Dec 2010
My sister made me watch all the films on the same day, I honestly can't remember which one is which so... yeah.
Rated 11 Jan 2010
Speaking as someone who enjoys the books, and loved to laugh at the first movie, this was a disappointment. Could they have made it any more emo?
Rated 05 Apr 2013
Lacks the hilarious background head ripping scene from the first film :C
Rated 15 Jul 2023
I found the first Twilight surprisingly fun, but this one is everything I'd feared it'd be. The first three-quarters are a slog thru the plot and characterization of a teen drama on the CW with the pacing of a Bergman film. Only in the last half-hour does it liven up, with the scenery-chewing boss vampires doing ridiculous stunts and showing off their mutant powers, but it's too little too late. Plus, as the Native American characters step forward, the ugly racial politics go on full display.
Rated 15 May 2011
They somehow managed to spin out the entire point of the first movie without adding something. It actually looked like it was designed to stress how hot every main character is and how terribly in love they are. I've got enough of that in the first part. This movie is only slightly tolerable when you're a not too critical teenage girl.
Rated 03 May 2010