0 rankings

The White Bus ()

Your Rating

Lindsay Anderson and Shelagh Delaney's The White Bus is a surrealistic film about a secretary who takes a strange trip, part of which takes place on the eponymous vehicle. The nameless girl has a seemingly dull life, which is interrupted by periodic flights of fantasy involving suicide, recreations of paintings, and pieces of meat that suddenly run blood-run. (Fandango.com)

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
The White Bus belongs to 2 collections
1. Manchester (public: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Oct 28, 2015 Niska Niska
18T2
Dec 25, 2014 Zipster
75T4
When I caught myself trying to pigeonhole whether it was supposed to be a hallucination or pure free association, I hearkened back to my first experience seeing a movie directed by Lindsay Anderson, If%u2026., which was a more realistic story, yes, but had a dreamlike lack of reason or cohesion for its stylistic and visual changeovers. Likewise, The White Bus is just a chain of imagery. But what makes it a consistent piece? Somehow, it is. Because I followed it and enjoyed it.
Dec 09, 2014 MoaMan
Nov 24, 2011 imdb imdb
69T7
Aug 03, 2011 Obdurate Obdurate
56T2
I actually thought it was pretty dull a lot of the time. However, there were a few scenes that helped push this past a 50 for me, namely the end, and a couple little laughs here and there (like at the very beginning). Visually it's interesting, I mean, a 1967 movie that mixed colour and B&W footage was a nice touch. Hell, that's a nice touch even today. I'm not sure what the movie meant but like I said, there were some good scenes, though I wouldn't give it a strong recommendation.
Average Tier 4.38 from 13 Rankings rss