1986
Western
Three unemployed actors accept an invitation to a Mexican village to replay their bandit fighter roles, unaware that it is real thing. (imdb)

1986
Western

Rated 15 Oct 2015
Directly responsible for me knowing what a plethora is.
Rated 02 Nov 2008
Such a dad comedy
Three Amigos has aged incredibly well, and is still as hilarious as ever.
OK, OK, OK. It's funny. While Steve Martin has remained consistently funny, we get to see Short and Chase before they became hit or miss.
If for nothing else than My Little Buttercup.
Rated 09 Sep 2013
I laughed often. With leads like Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and Martin Short, you are bound to find some entertainment. If you like any of those leads, this is probably just for you.
Rated 26 Jun 2013
Your enjoyment of Three Amigos! is likely to rely heavily on what you think of Steve Martin's sense of humour... and thankfully I love it. Mixing an almost-plausible story with delightfully silly asides (i.e. the invisible swordsman), Martin & Chase hit their marks perfectly throughout and this delivery is what really makes it. Often had me guffawing, occasionally giggling uncontrollably, and I was grinning as the credits rolled: what else do you want from a comedy?
Rated 31 May 2014
"Galaxy Quest" for people who like westerns.
Rated 06 Oct 2021
How could you not like the combination of prime Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, and Martin Short (in that order)? The setting of them as silent film stars is a bit odd since they never acted like people from that era. However, the outfits and their ability to push through dumb setups elevated an otherwise predictable story. Fav scene: them doing their stupid Macarena dance with the pelvic thrust in front of actual bandits.
Career peak for Chevy Chase, Martin Short and Steve Martin, Three Amigos is nonstop silly fun.
Rated 06 Jul 2020
A skit dragged out to feature length, it has strong nostalgic appeal for people who grew up watching Chase/Martin/Short, and there are definitely some funny moments, but there is no denying the lack of wit or the feeling that Chase in particular was just coasting on his reputation. Landis' direction is merely serviceable, even if it's a damn sight better than Spies Like Us.He got lucky with the cast and the novelty of the premise, and the chemistry between the three stars papers over the cracks.
Rated 17 Feb 2008
I probably wouldn't like this much anymore, but as a 12 year old boy, it was pretty hilarious.
Rated 18 May 2008
Tropic Thunder will be amazing.
Rated 14 Jul 2011
Fuck all y'all haters. I love this movie.
I hate this movie. Steve Martin and Martin Short combine to make a cinematic disaster. 2 of the most unfunny people I've ever seen.
Rated 26 Aug 2008
Goofy and corny, but it's fun and has held up surprisingly well.
Rated 13 Jul 2012
It's silly-funny rather than genuinely hilarious, but Martin's antics are always worth watching, and it's good-natured enough to sustain its ultimately thin premise.
Rated 26 Nov 2007
An ok Comedy, but if you've seen one movie with these actors, you've seen them all. If you like slap stick comedy, then go get this flick, cause that's all it has in it.
Rated 26 Mar 2018
One of the best memories I have from childhood is constantly rewinding this one scene, and laughing hysterically with my brother until my stomach hurt.
Rated 01 May 2020
Classic dialogue, and hilarious performances by 3 of the best comedians in the business. I've never understood Chevy Chase as the romantic lead, but maybe that's just my hang-up.
Scores higher than it should by reason of nostalgia.
Rated 10 Nov 2007
Silly-stupid funny.
Rated 27 May 2012
I would have been all over this type of comedy had I grown up with it. It's still fun though, as those three do comedy effortlessly. It's only unfunny when they try to shoehorn in the odd, out-of-place raunchy joke.
Rated 21 Mar 2007
I HATE YOU CHEVY CHASE ARGHHH
Rated 20 May 2012
Funny
Where do they come up with this stuff? Good comic spoof of the Clint Eastwood type westerns.
Rated 14 Oct 2009
very very very funny
Rated 23 Jul 2009
Doesn't get any sillier than this, but harmless none the less.
Rated 15 Oct 2008
Silly and nonsensical by design, this is a funny and very quotable movie well known by an entire generation.
Rated 01 Jun 2023
Joins Fletch, Stripes, Coming to America and several other "80's comedy classics" in that I have no idea why they're so venerated.
an undying classic
Rated 06 May 2011
I'll fill you so full a' lead you'll be able to use your dick for a pencil.
Rated 15 Jul 2009
Made me chuckle a few times and never got grating.
Rated 23 Sep 2009
I used to like this when I was a kid but now it's just seems unfunny and noisy.
Rated 06 Aug 2009
Three of the best comedians in the business, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, and Martin Short. How could you wrong? This movie was hilarious from beginning to end.
Three Amigos! is an uncontrollably funny musical with some of the worlds funniest actors singing and slap-sticking there way through a highly entertaining story, based on The Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai. This is a truly lovable film. Really Good!
Rated 21 Sep 2010
Silly 80's comedy with a couple of huge laughs. Uneven but worth seeing.
Rated 12 May 2017
We got to hand it to "¡Three Amigos!" for a great premise and some classic moments, including that iconic salute. Nevertheless, the laughs weren't that frequent, the excitement levels never particularly high and, seriously, they overdid it with the English: why the fuck would two Mexicans not speak in Spanish with each other? Randy Newman's original songs are great and scenes such as by the campfire and at El Guapo's are pretty good, it's just a pity that consistency isn't the name of the game.
Rated 06 Dec 2007
Love the actors; but hated this movie.
Rated 21 Feb 2008
Why there have to be Chevy Chase?
Rated 25 Feb 2007
These guys are funny, but there's not much of a script.
Rated 03 Aug 2007
not great, but not godawful. the cast gets a lot of goodwill just for showing up and being likable.
Rated 16 Dec 2010
This thing is so stupid that it can't not be funny.
Rated 29 Sep 2013
This is so bad,but so good.
Rated 26 Mar 2008
Pure nostalgia
Rated 11 Jan 2009
I have a disturbing soft spot for this.
Rated 07 Apr 2009
Here and there it has its moments but this is just boring to watch old men try to be funny.
Rated 06 Jul 2021
This movie is as light as a feather
Rated 10 Jul 2015
Sweet little buttercup this movie made me smile. It's been a while, since I've seen this, it still remains cute to this day. I like the mix of slapstick comedy with a fun sort of western film theme. The costumes of the Amigos are especially great with their silver embroidery and large hats. The buttercup scene in the saloon is one of my favorites and I thought El Guapo was a fun bad guy...
Rated 19 Aug 2009
No complaints, but not much substance in the movie. It is funny and one of a few Steve Martin movies I can stomach.
Rated 11 Jul 2012
Definitely stupid! It's one of those soo bad it's good movies, where they try to make a Mel Brooks type movie and almost succeed.
Rated 18 Mar 2007
ahahaha. God, I remember this movie. Awesome.
Rated 19 Aug 2007
Silly movie that is fun to watch. About what you would expect with Chevy Chase.
Rated 03 Apr 2013
I just saw this film a few nights ago and probably 15 years too late. The movie definitely has some great silly moments, but it amounts to little more than an extended Saturday Night Live skit.
Fantastic effort from three comedic geniuses of the 1980s. Though the kitsch factor is high at times, it's still an incredibly fun satire of show business.
Rated 12 Jan 2008
Morally wrong!
Rated 25 Apr 2008
So very funny! I've enjoyed this film for many years--great performances by some of the top comedic actors of our day.
Rated 29 Jan 2008
its all right
One of my favorite comedies. It gives me so much joy. So much silliness and quotable lines. I quote lines from this frequently and I will watch the "My Little Buttercup" scene as a pick-me-up any time I'm feeling blue.
Rated 24 Aug 2014
Suitably wacky and silly, and three central performances which aren't quite being phoned in, good for a laugh. Although I found that trying to give it a more grounded, heroic plot for our three buffoon protagonists might have been pushing their comic limitations as characters.
Rated 01 Mar 2007
After all these years, STILL one of the funniest movies I can think of.
Rated 25 Jan 2009
A reasonably funny and entertaining bonehead movie
Rated 20 Aug 2009
I haven't seen this since I was a kid, but I loved it back then.
Rated 24 Apr 2008
PLETHORA
Rated 20 Jul 2016
It certainly has it's moments, but too often the wheels seem to spin due to the wafer thin storyline. The three main characters are really easy to like though and keep your interest which pays off every now and again. The bizarrely out of place 'Singing Bush/Invisible Swordsman' scene is Python-esque and one of my favourites.
Rated 15 Aug 2007
It was a lot funnier when I was younger. Now it's weird to see Martin, Short, or Chase in a movie, so this movie just sorta creeps me out.
Rated 20 Nov 2008
A staple of my childhood.
Rated 02 Mar 2009
Not as charming as I had remembered.
Rated 02 Jul 2008
[guilty pleasure]
Rated 08 Jun 2013
Not very funny, and Steve Martin is the weakest of the three. A couple of chuckles ("It's a sweater!") but that's about it. Pretty boring to sit through the whole thing.
Rated 13 Dec 2009
Reaffirms why I hate Steve Martin
Rated 26 May 2007
Classic.
Rated 20 Jul 2014
A very funny comedy. Martin, Short, and Chase work very well together and are very very funny.
Rated 05 Sep 2012
This was funnier in the 80s when I was a kid. It's still worth some chuckles today, just don't take it too seriously, and lower your expectations.
Rated 05 Aug 2009
Unfunny
Rated 28 Jun 2011
Chevy Chase, Martin Short and Steve Martin are the closest thing to on-screen comedy cancer the world will ever see.
Rated 13 Dec 2015
If SNL wasn't enough proof that Lorne Michaels is a fucking genis, you only need to see this, the only movie for which he ever received a writing credit, and a triumphant example of how much fun silly comedies can be. The main cast is extraordinary, the cinematography is out of this world for the genre (taking its cues from the films of Sergio Leone), and there's not a miserable or cynical bone in its body. Pure fun from beginning to end.
Rated 16 Nov 2007
dumb, but funny.
Rated 25 Dec 2011
Gets some points for trying I guess... Too bad the talent just wasn't there.
Rated 31 Mar 2024
"Three Amigos!" capitalizes on the comedic prowess of its trio of endearing idiots, portrayed by three talented comedians. Their performances are the linchpin of the film's success, making it either a miss or a hit, depending on the viewer's sense of humor. To some, it may come off as nonsensical, yet it's pure gold for those who jive with its humor.
Rated 18 May 2009
This is a classic comedy.
Rated 27 Jun 2009
Thought this was the funniest movie ever when I was 10
Rated 10 Sep 2008
Best dumb movie ever? Discuss.
Rated 21 Nov 2016
Pretty funny with three big stars
Rated 30 Dec 2008
meh
Rated 16 Oct 2007
REALLY FUNNY! I LIKE THIS@!!
Rated 31 Jul 2009
I love this movie. It really does make me laugh a lot more than it really should! The desert scene with the water canteens is just perfection.
Rated 18 Feb 2011
Affectionate homage to the B westerns of yesterday, with an inspired trio of comedy stars.
Rated 29 Jun 2015
Bleh
Rated 28 Mar 2010
Also known as "Thee Amigos" in Portugal.
Rated 28 Nov 2015
Martin, Chase and Short all fail to be the least bit funny.
Rated 04 May 2007
"My little buttercup, she's got the cutest smile."
Rated 06 Jul 2008
Ole!
Rated 25 Mar 2009
Great film, True SNL comedy form.
Rated 28 Mar 2008
This movie was funny.
Rated 01 Mar 2007
Not a bad film with a few giggles.
Rated 31 Oct 2023
This comedy could have used more laughs. The 3 leads try their best with the material but a funnier script would have helped them. Overall this film is disappointing.
Rated 07 Apr 2009
pretty funny
Rated 13 Feb 2012
The Singing Bush. Yes. The Invisible Swordsman. Yes. El Guapo. Yes. My Little Buttercup. Yes. Therefore I award this movie with 100.
Rated 27 Mar 2011
Sort of an understaffed Magnificent Seven, only not nearly three-sevenths as good a movie (nor even with three-sevenths as good an Elmer Bernstein score). When the lead actors can't be bothered to get haircuts in conformance with the period, you can be sure that more sloppy details will be trailing along -- such as the suggestion that the singing-cowboy tradition was already well established in the silent era.