Toy Story

Family/Kids
Avg Percentile 67.1% from 19676 total ratings

(19676)
Rated 27 Aug 2010
An instant classic in which Disney did an outstanding job on. It was one of the first animated movies and set the bar for the rest of animated movies. Buzz and Woody join up and make one of my favorite movies of all time. The movie will have you laughing throughout the duration of the movie.
Rated 28 Nov 2011
Because the third installment has the better story, and because of the endless hours of computer-animated entertainment, that has come and gone since, I guess it's easy to forget that this is the first of it's kind. So for spawning a genre, for boldly going, yada-yada, 'Toy Story' get's an extra double-thumbs up from this camp.
Rated 31 May 2009
Very funny family-movie. Comparable with "Small Soldiers", but this one was better. Good for the kids and also for adults. A great story and the last 30 minutes were awesome !
Rated 02 Mar 2010
I can't tell how many times I watched it as a child and how much I enjoyed it. I like everything about it, characters, design, story, conflicts... I just love this movie and the full concept. And if I also think this was just the commercial beginning of the best animation studio (in my opinion) ever, followed by many other great projects and a new way into animation both technically and storytelling... Just, thanks Pixar for making these movies and bringing this movie and saga to life.
Rated 06 Jul 2016
The one that started it all for Pixar. This is probably the least sophisticated movie of the franchise (both in story and animation), but that in no way detracts from just how groundbreaking it was. Still highly entertaining and enjoyable today.
Pixar burst onto the scene and instantly established the principles that make them rock to this day: gorgeous, industry-advancing animation, a genuinely sharp and funny script, great voice acting that actually sounds like the actors are using their talents and not phoning it in, and a respect for the entire age range of their audience. This is a terrific film.
Rated 28 Jun 2019
Pixar takes full advantage of their new CGI with this fun & imaginative concept. And, although this doesn't yet have the more moving adult themes about the losses that come with growing old that will come w/ later installments, this is a perfect script. Clever, funny & deeply entertaining, the film also becomes as much of a thrill ride as Raiders of the Lost Ark by the end w/ the writers always figuring out ways to increase each moment of suspense in ways that feel organic & never contrived.
Ehhhh, it was OK I guess. I normally despise this kind of stuff, but this movie has it's moments. It's still pretty lame though.
I really like this movie. It's amazing. The animation was groundbreaking and on top of that, the movie is really good. Plus, I always thought my toys were alive so this movie just confirmed that suspicion.
Rated 29 Aug 2019
It gets some points for being where it all began (the franchise as well as full length 3d animated features), and it has the rivalry between Woody and Buzz going for it. Still, it's probably my least favorite of the four Toy Story movies. So kudos to Pixar!
Rated 14 Mar 2009
The Toy Story movies are all guilt trips for me, I completely adored both when I was younger and it's still a favorite. It's always a hard decision picking one over the other, but I have to say that the second one's better, but this is an animated film classic itself.
With CGI that changed the future of animation and a story that's fun and wholesome, it's not wonder that Toy Story is remembered as one of Disney/Pixar's best films. The voice acting is wonderful, and even though it's over a decade old, it's still a great looking work of art. Awesome!
The first sucessful production in a very long (and prosperous) collaboration between Disney and Pixar animation studios. The story is unique, the characters funny (and voices well casted), the animation is top notch. Toy Story (like so many of Disney/Pixar's movies) appeals to both adults and children alike. Good, quality family flick.
Rated 21 Feb 2014
Toy Story started Pixar's pioneering and unprecedented run of animated films. It's unbelievable to think that this is nearly 20 years old. It set the standard for a long time and it still convincingly holds its own alongside the flurry of 3D animated films we're bombarded with nowadays. The story telling, characters, voice work, screenplay, humour and visuals are all superb. Toy Story caters for everybody, it's loved by children and adults alike and it spawned two of the best sequels ever.
Rated 28 Mar 2009
The standard for all other animated movies.
Rated 23 Oct 2008
perfect.
Rated 07 Jun 2011
One of Disney/Pixar's best.
Rated 16 Jun 2010
Groundbreaking. Changed not only animation, but scriptwriting and cinematography in kids movies. Extremely fun to watch, and also versatile from an analysis perspective (consider, for example, the parallels to Don Quixote).
Rated 14 Apr 2007
Brilliant execution of a great idea: your beloved toys are secretly really alive, i.e., every kid's fantasy. Very funny, yet, like any good fairy tale, dark when it needs to be
Rated 27 Apr 2008
Charming, clever and inclusive. The story generates organically from the 'toys living at the edge of perception' concept, the writers skill and care allow the fantasy to be wholeheartedly embraced. The voice acting is brilliant with inspired casting choices; Allen a genuine surprise as the deluded space ranger. Newman's skewed, yet poignant score is the final sparkling jewel.
Rated 20 Nov 2009
Esse não me pegou
Rated 26 Jul 2010
Best Pixar movie. Nuf said.
Rated 27 Apr 2009
Definitely one of Pixar's best movies.
Rated 04 Dec 2008
Loved it, great dialogue, made for adults just as much as for kids. "To infinity and beyond !"
Rated 06 Sep 2020
Pixar's first feature is their undisputed magnum opus, and not just because of the revolutionary computer animation. It’s a never-diminishing wealth of comedy, imagination and attention to detail, with timeless characters voiced by perfectly-chosen actors and intelligent storytelling that deftly questions the very nature of existence and purpose.
This movie is perfect. It can't even be tarnished by the fact it has Tim Allen in it.
As good as Pixar gets, they still have a hard time surpassing the charm and wit of this movie. The story is as good as the animation. The voice work is top notch. You should go see this movie, now.
Rated 05 Nov 2008
Historic for its use of 3D animation!
Rated 16 Feb 2010
It's a fun kid's movie, plus one dudes name is Boner.
Rated 21 Oct 2008
Proberly the best film from Pixar. The animation was perfect as was all the details. This could have been any kids room. This is a film for all ages. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen were perfectly cast as the voices of Woody and Buzz
Rated 31 Jan 2012
I'm an adult.
Rated 09 Apr 2016
I'll get my one gripe with Toy Story out of the way: the animation doesn't hold up that well when compared to Pixar's later work. Everything else about their first venture into filmmaking is practically flawless. The writing makes the characters compelling for kids and adults, and there's enough ageless comedy to help its cross-generational appeal. Randy Newman's score perfectly augments the film, as does the voice acting. This set the standard for one of the best-received studios in history.
Rated 02 Jul 2010
Great movie. I hadn't seen it in a long time and I barely remembered it. I knew it would be good because it's Pixar but it still managed to surprise me and make me laugh. Before you know it I was wrapped up in the plot and it was exciting. Excellent story, characters and animation. And much funnier than you'd think a kids movie about talking toys would be.
Rated 04 Jan 2009
It was the first of its kind, and a great movie. I hope the next generation of kids can appreciate this film as much as I did.
Rated 28 Mar 2010
A landmark movie in animation but I can't imagine this movie without seeing Buzz Lightyear wearing Tim Allen's stupid orange tinted glasses.
The film that launched the computer-animation revolution. Charming, funny, inventive, moving, exciting: ideal for all.
Rated 22 Jun 2010
Awesome movie. I love the idea of toys coming to life when people aren't around. The voices are all great, the animation is great and the story is funny and entertaining for both kids and adults. Definitely one that everyone should watch.
Rated 23 Sep 2011
Top stuff.
Rated 22 Jun 2011
Great film. Funny characters and great animation.
Rated 12 Oct 2014
The original. There's a lot to love here.
Rated 01 Feb 2014
An adventure for viewers of all ages.
Rated 25 Mar 2010
What a classic! Pixar hit it right on the head with this bad boy. I can't remember the first time I saw it, but I must have been young. Maybe the fond memories are making me biased... Anyway, this obviously is not exactly inspired film-making, but the script, the animation, the voice acting etc are all great, and overall this is a really, really enjoyable film.
Rated 09 Feb 2007
How can anyone not love Toy Story? It's funny, original, and has probably the best voice acting I've ever seen (well... heard). I never hear Tom Hanks or Tim Allen, I hear Woody and Buzz. Great movie for everyone.
Rated 19 May 2009
It's not great because it's innovative.. It's great, because it's simply great!
Rated 21 Sep 2011
The film that put Pixar on the cinematic map, Toy Story showcased brilliant 3D animation that stood apart for its time though hasn't aged too well. Despite its dated looks, the story is perfect for both adult and child as it follows the exploits of toys come-to-life and their struggles to find meaning in life.
Rated 03 Jan 2011
A modern classic. On par with anything that Disney has done, ever. To date it's probably Pixar's best, although there are a few close seconds. I've read someone, somewhere, call Toy Story this generation's Snow White. That's damned lucky, because not every generation gets a Snow White. I feel quite strongly about this. Children will be watching Toy Story 50 years from now.
Rated 05 Dec 2009
An all time classic and a pioneer of the 3D animation movement. Woody and Buzz Lightyear are two of the greatest movie characters of all time, in my opinion.
Rated 12 Nov 2017
A pioneer of animated movies and brings the joys of nostalgic childhood imagination back to those who watch.
Rated 18 Mar 2010
A good story, a great cast selection, and an acceptable intro from Randy Newman. For the time the graphics were just starting, though today the technology has come a long way. The biggest reason I take points off is because of the formula of Pixar films. A little guy in a unique world or point of view.
Rated 02 Feb 2014
This movie takes the simple premise of toys being alive and runs with it. The movie is visually stunning and the voice actors are perfectly cast. I would definitely recommend this fun animated movie.
Rated 30 May 2011
Not as grown-up as some of Pixar's later works, but an undeniably excellent movie nonetheless.
Rated 01 Mar 2009
Classic...say no more
Rated 16 Jun 2015
Using its audience's nostalgia as a springboard rather than a crutch, 'Toy Story' was a groundbreaking accomplishment not just for its studio, but for the entire art of animation, thanks to its great characters and clever genre play.
Rated 12 Jan 2016
Classic kids animation
Rated 18 Dec 2014
A classic.
Rated 27 Mar 2011
Hands down my favorite Disney film growing up. Close to the best Disney/Pixar has done, which is saying something.
Rated 21 Jun 2013
Jesus Christ this is almost 20 years old. And it's still as fresh, funny and heartwarming as it was on its release date.
Rated 21 Dec 2008
One of the first CG animated comedy films and never been topped.
Rated 03 Oct 2009
Fun
Rated 15 Jun 2012
Great
Rated 18 Feb 2018
Excellent story, excellent animation.
revolutionary
Rated 20 Aug 2009
I remember first watching this film in theaters and being blown away by the CGI. "Toy Story" was a break through for computer animated films and it never looked back. Story is awesome, voice acting is perfect, and the animation is, course, breath taking.
Rated 15 Nov 2008
Pixar redeemed Disney...and this film resulted in the second best Disneyland ride.
Rated 28 Aug 2010
Revisited this now at the age of 35, and it was surprisingly witty and seemed innovative and exciting and original even today. Great entertainment.
Rated 15 Jan 2009
i can see again and again, great moral
Rated 06 Nov 2008
Story, the message of the film is great and that is what is missing from many modern Pixar or DreamWorks animations. By today's standards, CGI animation is a bit rough around edges but even though it was quite new thing at the time, Toy Story does not rely on CGI gimmick. Voice acting really fit the characters. Historic value is undeniable and it is still my favorite animation of this type.
Rated 26 Jun 2015
Can watch it a zillion times without getting bored of it.
Rated 25 Jul 2010
Pixar's greatest
An absolute brilliant flight of fancy. Everything about this movie shines.
Rated 05 Apr 2009
This film is my childhoo- Scratch that, this film is my entire Life. From when I first saw it to this very day, THIS is the film upon which I judge every other. Perfect in every way. Flawless in every regard. There is not a single negative thing I can say about this. My third favourite film of all-time.
Rated 06 Jun 2016
The finest Pixar film to date, Toy Story set the standard for its genre, and has only improved with age.
Rated 01 Mar 2009
yay!
Rated 28 Jul 2008
Revolutionary for its time. I loved it from start to finish when I was a 10-year old kid, and even now with a more critical eye it holds up as a dominant kids film. I would still put this flick up against the heavyweights in the genre.
Rated 17 Aug 2010
pixar's super-classic. something for everyone, like most pixar films.
Rated 28 Feb 2019
Creepy, but it was a first foray into a new era of animation. Definitely a classic.
Rated 14 Jul 2010
I had the good fortune to rewatch this recently, and it reminds me of just how good Pixar's been, even from the get-go. It's a great adventure with sharp characters and a great mixture of humor and emotion. The cast of voices is a buffet of great talent. It isn't quite as good as its sequels, but even from their first movie Pixar produced classic movies. Also, it has probably one or two too many Randy Newman songs for my taste. Overall, one hell of a treat.
Rated 17 Jan 2011
Perfecgt
Rated 13 Feb 2010
Great characters, and a great ending. Very sweet, and a nostalgic classic.
Rated 13 Jan 2009
Feels almost nostalgic now. You can sense the makers really enjoying their work, and the plentitude of clever visual gags is quite satisfying.
Rated 01 Oct 2010
a good cartoon
Rated 04 Dec 2009
Oh man, is this movie brilliant.
Rated 19 Oct 2010
Like 2001 sat the standard for future sci-fi films, Toy Story sat the standard for all future computer animated films. It has such depth and meaning beyond the overlaying 'friends are important in life'-theme and acts a poking stick for various social behaviors that there is just no denying that Toy Story is a very important film in modern cinema. Besides that, even after all these years and development, it retains the charm it originally had and I can watch it over and over again, forever.
Rated 23 Jul 2010
Not much to say, really. Revolutionised cartoon films and Disney and pioneered the now dominant Pixar. It's not only a flick for kids - the subtext and the humour is just as enjoyable for adults.
Rated 11 Feb 2010
great classic!
Rated 26 Mar 2009
One of the best animated movies i've seen, ahead of its time.
Rated 11 Jun 2013
Toy Story, the very first CGI movie, is an all time masterpiece for Pixar and Disney. The way that this movie takes a concept as simple as toys coming to life, and creates characters and a story that are so timeless, is simply remarkable. This is one of the first movies that I ever saw in theaters, and the pure magic of it has stuck with me forever.
Rated 19 Oct 2010
Easily the movie I have loved ever since seeing it in 1995.
Rated 27 Feb 2009
Not a big fan of animated films in general, however, this is excellent.
Rated 04 Jun 2008
Thank God for this movie and the success that Pixar has had since then. This excellent movie started it all and is definitely a classic.
Rated 16 Mar 2023
The tragic character, Sid, is a creative child born of limited means and socially isolated by his peers. Under these circumstances Sid entertains himself by creating entirely unique toys by using scraps laying around in his broken home. His life is turned upside down by eldritch beings made of plastic and adhesive, who torment his only form of creative expression. Instead of becoming an artist the likes of Tim Burton, the empathetic Sid ends his life of artistry to be a working class garbageman.
Rated 01 Aug 2009
Definitely my favorite Disney film. I watched it so many times as a kid, yet it's still great to this day.
Rated 21 Jun 2010
Toys never get old. Neither does my love for this movie, even after all these years. True spot in my heart.
Rated 05 Aug 2011
Another tops kid movie.
Rated 12 Feb 2012
This movie is truly a work of art, an was a lauching pad for cgi animation.
Rated 21 Mar 2011
Classic
Rated 11 Feb 2008
At times surprisingly dark :-)
Rated 01 Aug 2009
The first of its type and still a benchmark for other animated films of this ilk to try and live up too. Brilliant.
Rated 21 Feb 2008
Great animated movie. To the Furture and Beyond!!!
Rated 20 Nov 2012
Wow this came out in 1995? Great movie that still stands up today.