Tropic Thunder
Amazon VideoApple TVfuboTVParamount+ Amazon ChannelParamount PlusShowtime Apple TV Channel
Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel
Tropic-Thunder

Tropic Thunder

2008
Comedy, Action
Through a series of freak occurrences, a group of actors shooting a big-budget war movie are forced to become the soldiers they are portraying.
Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel
Google Play Movies
Vudu
Showtime
Microsoft Store
Pluto TV
Showtime Roku Premium Channel

Every scene with RDJ or Tom Cruise is comedy gold - the "never go full retard" speech alone makes the movie worth watching. The rest, however, is pretty average.
I am so bored by most new releases I would gladly run to all of the spoof trailers in this. Matthew McConauauuwghey (one day I’ll figure that one out) looking at his son picture is the secret best moment. I am extremely bothered that the last time I watched this was 12 years ago, it just came out!
A ridiculous, tongue-in-cheek action/comedy that pokes some good fun at Hollywood. Ben Stiller was fine, Jack Black is useless, but the obvious highlight is Robert Downey Jr. The writing ranges from stupid to uproariously funny. Some of the references to Hollywood and other war movies were clever, but they packed in a bunch of needless cameos (Cruise is hilarious, though). It does start to run itself into the ground near the end, but overall this is a film with some satirical merit.
A pretty good movie lifted to comedic excellence by a truly inspired performance from Downey Jr. This is the sharpest satire to hit cinema in years, and not just on Vietnam War movies, but on actors and the entire Hollywood system. Beyond Stiller, who's just passable, the cast is excellent: Nolte and Baruchel are especially funny, and the hate-on for Jack Black in the comments section is undeserved. Very quotable and very funny, with exciting action sequences. The best thing Stiller's ever done.
I recently rewatched this for the first time in awhile so I decided to rerank it. I actually probably laughed more this time around than before. Stillers direction and writing isn't actually bad, even if he didn't do it alone. Although Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise have the funniest lines. It's well-acted from just about everyone. I'd recommend it and say it's worth at least one shot.

Last modified by:macswellMacSwell on 27 Dec 2021