Village of the Damned
Village-of-the-Damned-1995

Village of the Damned

1995
Sci-fi, Horror
A small town's women give birth to unfriendly alien children posing as humans. (imdb)

All things considered this wasn't the worst thing to happen to Reeve's career in 1995. They're mind reading children just beat them by thinking of Santa open mouth kissing their dad or something , or you might make one of the kids even stronger, it's your dice roll not mine.
what happens when you don't spank your kids
Safe to say that this isn't Carpenter's finest 1½ hours. That children are inherently evil is a well known fact, and even if Superman himself thinks that love makes us superior beings, I wouldn't blink before exchanging all the love in the world, for a power that could make me hurt people just by looking at them.
Let's be honest, that village was damned from the get-go.
I good sci-fi story, let down by almost every element. Not without the ability to entertain, but this looks and feels like one of those long, low budget, two-part tv horrors from the 90's, only with a cast you'll recognise. It screams "please make me a tv mini-series, please" at the top of it's lungs while the director says "shut up and do as you're told!" Highlights include "token John Carpenter movie guy" as the village crazy/drunk and children in naff cheap wigs.

13 Collections including 7 Collaborative and 6 Public