Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduNetflixMicrosoft Store
Netflix basic with Ads

2021
Musical, Adventure
Vivo follows a one-of-kind kinkajou who spends his days playing music with his beloved owner Andrés. But when tragedy strikes shortly after Andrés receives a letter from the famous Marta Sandoval, it's up to Vivo to deliver a message that Andrés never could: A love letter to Marta, written long ago, in the form of a song. Yet in order to get to Marta, Vivo will need the help of Gabi - an energetic tween who bounces to the beat of her own offbeat drum to fulfill his owner's wishes.
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduNetflixMicrosoft Store
Netflix basic with Ads

Might be a bit too eager to hit home with the by the numbers sentimental beats, but Miranda's energetic songs and a cute little kinkajou make this reasonably diverting flick go down relatively smoothly.
Vibrant and upbeat in a mostly non-irritating way. The narrative is a tad messy and it doesn’t stick the ending at all, but the kids were well in to it and it’s a pleasant 90 minute diversion.
A day after viewing and I can't even remember any of the songs. Not a good look for a musical. Somebody get that kid some Ritalin
Cute enough, but really undercooked and pretty forgettable. The Lin-Manuel Miranda songs are okay, but feel pretty boilerplate (and his vocal performance as the title character is too shrill to be endearing). I did find the character of Gabi to be quite endearing and a refreshing change-of-pace from the ultra capable/resourceful female protagonist that’s typically the norm for these kind of things. And the aggressively eco-conscious girl scouts got a couple laughs out of me.
"Love's Gonna Pick You Up" was bop, ngl. Other than that, I have nothing to comment. As I write this review, the movie (which I watched less than two hours ago) is sinking into obsolescence in the graveyard of my memories. I honestly can't even remember the names of the characters. The blandness was that bad. My kid tapped out two thirds into the movie. Also, 13 minutes of ending credits on a 1,5 hr movie - the hell? That is longer than in The Return of the King ffs.

2 Collections including 2 Collaborative and 0 Public