We Were Soldiers
Amazon VideoApple TVfuboTVParamount+ Amazon ChannelMGM Plus Amazon ChannelParamount Plus
Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel
We-Were-Soldiers

We Were Soldiers

2002
War, History
Based on the best-selling book which details the events of the battle of LZ X-Ray in the Ia Drang Valley. (Paramount)
Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel
Google Play Movies
Vudu
MGM Plus
Microsoft Store

WWS might appear to glorify war, with men dying for God & Country, but that is not the case at all: by the end of the battle, all the facades are stripped and shown to be false. If anything, this film shows war's arbitrary stupidity, the nameless who died at the expense of idiots in War Rooms, as the last scenes literally tell us. WWS just happens to use conventional, '40's tropes to get you to care about its heroes, which is where it falters. Extra kudos to adding intelligence to the Viet Cong.
I don't have much more to say than msprague already did so succinctly so I'll just add that Madeline Stowe was an early crush of mine and as terrible as most of my youthful interests have aged, I think the test of time is in my favor on that one. Her and Monster Balls. Monster Balls were awesome.
Tell my wife...I love her.
Surprisingly good story about a war we'd all rather forget. Good action scenes, yet rich in thematic content. It has some very good moments on the home front, too
Mel Gibson can kiss my ass.

Last modified by:mjoc0723mjoc0723 on 12 Aug 2021